• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting friends in to competative smash

phantom train

Smash Rookie
How can I get my friends into competative smash? The like smash but not at a competative level.

pershona

Smash Journeyman
Show them hype matches and useful guides that will make them understand the game better, and learn it.
But if they really don't want to get into competitive Smash i don't think you should force them.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I've gotten my friends into it just by playing lots of smash with them. I have no problem with them turning the items on and picking w/e crazy stage they want, and eventually they grew tired of that and wanted something more out of the game. So they started challenging me to 1 v 1s "just to see if they could beat me", then I started explaining all the things they could do to improve at that, etc.

Scary thing is a couple of them are starting to get good. : > If I ever lose to one of them (I feel like it'll happen eventually), I'm gonna be pretty embarassed. But I guess it'll also be good.

Top Bottom