• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting bored of your main?

turnsnoob

Smash Cadet
this is why i haven't really picked a main yet. because i'm afraid that i will eventually get bored and i don't want that to happen.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
No I am not getting bored with my main because I have many "mains" to rotate through. When I do get enough out of Pit, I move on to Wolf, Lucario, Kirby, Diddy, etc...By the time I get back to Pit, I'm ready again.

That "advice" on changing your color to renew interest is...nice. If it works for some people, that's cool. I pick color based on mood.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes I'll do Team Battle on Wifi, but usually when I want to change it up I turn items on (ZOMG deth 2 itemz!!!!1!!!11!!) and/or use my friendly mains. Usually when I change colors I forget who I am in mid-battle for a second.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
A crazy as this sounds, it helps, I only tend to choose a different color from time to time, but the original is what i'm used to and it never has never bothered me.

themrskills

Smash Apprentice
I try to recognize when my playstyle with my main is starting to stagnate, so I'll start learning how to use a character that my main does particularly poorly against for a while so that I can learn that character's weaknesses better. Once I have that done really well, I can go back to my main and apply what I learn to battles and find that my playstyle is improved despite not having used my main in a while.

Top Bottom