• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Your Own SSBM Footage!!! (Step by step guide)

Krahman

Smash Rookie
I have a panasonic digital palmcorder. Its a mini DV and Ive recorded some matches of mine and all but I don't what to do next. Do I need any specific cables or things I need to have before I can put the vids on my PC?

snakeater6541

Smash Rookie
VHS is just a really good way to get poor quality videos flooding the internet. And as far as handhled digital video cameras go, unless people are taking the recorder and pointing them at the TV and recording, im pretty sure its another terrible idea. If you want them on your computer just make it easier for your self and use the computer to begin with.

Sandy

Smash Champion
I use Digital Camera. Any tips? And how do I compress the size of my video using Adobe Premiere Pro?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't see a metallic rectangle on my pc. Can anyone show a picutre of their's so I know what it looks like?

Vegard

Smash Lord
Can someone explain me how to use a VHS or something to record matches?

Never mind, didn't read this part: "Record from a VHS to your computer:
Once you have recorded some matches into a cassette, you can plug your VHS into your computer with the help of a cable like one of these:
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6978/cablesiq2.jpg"

thechunkylover

Smash Apprentice
Record from a VHS to your computer:
Once you have recorded some matches into a cassette, you can plug your VHS into your computer with the help of a cable like one of these:
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6978/cablesiq2.jpg
A good guide but the vhs part is a little vague. Can you tell me what program I go into to rip from the vhs? and should I have to bring my vhs to my comp to rip?

Get your own SSBM footage! (Step by step buide)
you spelt guide wrong

metroid1117

Smash Master
I've looked around the Videography and the Windows Movie Maker help section forum for the answer to this question, but I couldn't find it. How do you cut audio files so that you only use the middle of a song or if you want to cut some of the end?

TURF

Smash Cadet
so i downloaded the windows movie maker and everytime i right click a clip and click move the whole thing shuts down.. any reason? i restarted my comp after downloading so its nothin stupid like that..

Uck

Smash Journeyman
We bought the Dazzle dvd recorder and theres lag while we play.Can anyone tell me why this is happening.

For the Dazzle to work it uses a splitter which connects to the tv gamecube Dazzle and computer.

Uck

Smash Journeyman
I have Dazzle and it doesn't lag for me.
Are you sure?

Does it feel like you have to press the buttons harder and feel stuck at times.Its not lag like traditional lag in fps games but more like button latency.

Try it with and without and tell me you dont notice anything.Try a character who sensitive to technique like Marth or someone.

Uck

Smash Journeyman
Its saving using AVI.Im know we are using an extender also to reach the Pc.
I also had it in the lowest quality setting.

alphameric

Smash Ace
Try recording into a lossless format (MJPEG or HUFFYUV), or use VirtualDub to capture instead of Windows Movie Maker.

I found that WMM started to lag for me after about 5min, but VDub gives me no issues.

Uck

Smash Journeyman
Im using the software that came with the Dazzle.Its Pinnacle ill try to use a looselet format like you suggested and try to use virtualdub also.

Edit: I just want to make it clear that the video doesnt lag at all once recorded.Im talking about the game is having button lag latency while we play when using the device.

JAPMAN

Smash Journeyman
This is rather confusing....can someone maybe post a video showing what the setup would look like for a recording method via VCR-> computer? It doesnt have to be uber detailed, but just enough detail to know what your doing(I.E showing and naming what ever your plugging in or what ever buttons your pressing)

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
If anybody's looking for an inexpensive (really, really inexpensive) alternative to a capture card, there's always the GameBridge, which is less than $10 on Amazon. (LINK)

I've never used it (I use a Dazzle DV Bridge), but Kso4351 wrote a tutorial on how to use it (and some other stuff) to get good-quality videos for under $30. (LINK)

EDIT: I now use Gamebridge. It lags a little if you play on a computer, but if you split the video to a TV, there's no lag. In all actuality, you only need to split the video; the sound comes out of the monitor.

0m3n5150

Smash Journeyman
i have a media center pc that has a/v inputs already on it, but i cant get it to run on my monitor... does anyone know how to do this?

ksadkiller

Smash Apprentice
is there a way i can record the matches from my tv to a digital camcorder, and then just upload the video to my computer from the camcorder?

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Hey I just bought a dazzle Video creator Platinum and it shows image fine on the software supplied with it. But when I try to use virtual dub or moviemaker it says it can't connect to the device or it is being used. Should I uninstall the software I got with it or is their a way to get this software to let go of the capture device so other programs can use it?

Press22

Smash Journeyman
What Program do you use to record though?

When I plug in my GC to my PC nothin happens.

festizzio

Smash Champion
I can see nobody's really posted in this topic for a month, but I'll try anyway. Is there such a thing as a capture card for a laptop? If not how would I go about capturing video from a vcr/tv directly to my laptop? It has an outlet on the back that looks like an S-Video cable slot and has an icon of a TV next to it.

t0m0

Smash Apprentice
thanks for putting in the time to actually put this together man, I know others around the boards have always seen combo videos around, and have always been wanting to make their own. Thanks for making smash boards a better place.

Top Bottom