• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get up Hurtboxes?

NaPKiNG

Smash Rookie
NNID
fiagaman
3DS FC
1676-3723-6722
I've been having trouble with the timing on tech chase punishes, and I wanted to look at the hurtboxes for the higher tier characters' various get up/tech animations, but I can't seem to find any (I imagine they are fairly similar, if not identical). Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Bones0

Smash Legend
I've been having trouble with the timing on tech chase punishes, and I wanted to look at the hurtboxes for the higher tier characters' various get up/tech animations, but I can't seem to find any (I imagine they are fairly similar, if not identical). Any help is appreciated, thanks!
You can use 20xx and turn on hitboxes if you have it, but they aren't on SmashBoards anywhere, unfortunately. They are also not that similar. Some GUAs hit higher than others (allowing some of the cast to SH over them), some hit further out or on one side, and the hitboxes can even vary based on whether the opponent landed face down or face up.

A great reference, but that's frame data, not hurtboxes...

Last edited:

NaPKiNG

Smash Rookie
NNID
fiagaman
3DS FC
1676-3723-6722
I haven't gotten 20XX set up yet, but I now have an incentive to do so.
I assumed that since GU animations weren't listed, they must be similar or irrelevant (I knew GU attacks WERE different, but why they aren't generally listed, I didn't know).
Honestly, I might just make the darn things myself, even if nobody else finds em useful. Information is power, ya know?

NaPKiNG

Smash Rookie
NNID
fiagaman
3DS FC
1676-3723-6722
While the Magnus post is super usefull (and extensive, holy crap), I am looking for visuals as well. I might just make it myself since it doesn't seem to exist. It'll be my little contribution to the boards :)

Kadano

Magical Express
While the Magnus post is super usefull (and extensive, holy crap), I am looking for visuals as well. I might just make it myself since it doesn't seem to exist. It'll be my little contribution to the boards :)
Have you started yet? I was gonna do them anyway, I need them for my projects and am quite experienced with this.
So, we’re looking at:

1. Characters: Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Peach, Falcon (excluding Jigglypuff since she hardly ever goes into knockdown)[6 in total]
2. Actions: Passive, PassiveStandF, PassiveStandB; DownBoundU, DownBoundB, DownWait, DownAttackU, DownAttackD, DownBackU, DownBackD, DownForwardU, DownForwardD. [12 in total]

That would make 6*12=72 animations I’ll upload to gfycat.

Anything I’m missing?

The only thing I’m not sure yet is how to set them up. I think Battlefield is a good stage to do it on, but I need some way to force a character into knockdown, preferably without any other character participating.

Last edited:

Kadano

Magical Express
Can't you do that WD off a platform thing while holding shield (or whatever that was), which will cause them to go into tumble?
I tried to do that, but it doesn’t work for Fox (who was the first character I tried it witch). I want to use a setup that works with all of them.

NaPKiNG

Smash Rookie
NNID
fiagaman
3DS FC
1676-3723-6722
Have you started yet? I was gonna do them anyway, I need them for my projects and am quite experienced with this.
So, we’re looking at:

1. Characters: Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Peach, Falcon (excluding Jigglypuff since she hardly ever goes into knockdown)[6 in total]
2. Actions: Passive, PassiveStandF, PassiveStandB; DownBoundU, DownBoundB, DownWait, DownAttackU, DownAttackD, DownBackU, DownBackD, DownForwardU, DownForwardD. [12 in total]

That would make 6*12=72 animations I’ll upload to gfycat.

Anything I’m missing?

The only thing I’m not sure yet is how to set them up. I think Battlefield is a good stage to do it on, but I need some way to force a character into knockdown, preferably without any other character participating.
Oh good, cause I have no experience at all doing this lol.
I tried to do that, but it doesn’t work for Fox (who was the first character I tried it witch). I want to use a setup that works with all of them.
Could you use Motion-Sensor bombs?

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
I don't have all the tech stuff, but I do have get-up attack stuff.

Here's a link to all the frame images I have.

I have an unfinished and otherwise unreleased section on get-up attacks. It has most of the characters in it but I think I skipped some clones and such.

Kadano if you really want to not have another character to be in game you'll either have to use items/stage hazards or you'll need to use Dolphin debugger to edit the action state you are in through the memory directly. Achilles and IE would know more about that than I do.

Top Bottom