• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Schooled! - 3rd Semester - The training course for SIIS6! $5 entry!

Roller

Smash Legend
Gifts went :metaknight: as well in both singles and doubles.

And I agree with the part in Tutu's post about Zinoto and Sai being the next SK/Oblivion. And as much as I hate to admit it, cause I love fZk.. Zinoto is better.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Yo Tech Idk what the **** you were thinking, what does "my girls got panties" mean? "White girls drop panties".

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
I decided to go since WTP told me that if I went we would win doubles.

and we did

So i entered singles lol.

I'm really salty that brawl ran on so long. There was an hour and a half period of time where absolutely no matches could/were being played. And all we needed was for lain to play winners semi's to move on.

No body watched winners finals. 2 people watched losers finals and 2 people watched grand finals. Most hype tournament of all time.

Probably won't be attending any more tournaments until they start ending at a reasonable time. Brawl could have easily ended at 8 or 9. Instead it dragged onto 11:30. zzzzzzzzz

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone but something needs to be more efficient.

And Zinoto will fit into MI quite well, he's already done the "O, I just lost to a Sheik? Let me hit up a hard counter(Pikachu) that you've all done to me" His Pikachu is a lot better than I expected though, and his Diddy is better than FzK's imo.

Zinoto and Sai are the new Spartakick/Oblivion. 2 kids show up out of nowhere maining the same character and do above expectations lol.
You hardly watch Winners/Losers/Grand Finals anyway. I don't watch them a lot of the time either because I usually want to leave by the time they start. Which I guess fits into your time complaint, which I agree with you on. I'm not too big of a fan of having multiple events at tourneys because of how it seems to drag out tourneys even longer than they normally drag out.

Yo Tech Idk what the **** you were thinking, what does "my girls got panties" mean? "White girls drop panties".
Who made up this team anyway? lmfao. And who is LOE2?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
White Girls Drop Panties was Thugz and Hot_ArmS

LOE2..was some new kid that didn't have a name so I gave him one since he was teaming with LOE1 lmao.

ZTD | TECHnology

That's only because you don't know how to do it yet. If you put in the work and start learning the mechanics behind doubles you'll find it to be so much more fun.

yooo I'm at least present in the room when WF's LF's and GF's are happening. But the main reason I don;t watch is because of how late tournaments run. Like if GF's happened at 8. I'd watch everytime, I'm still in a smash mood. Like at Rizkin' I was super down to play friendlies, watch sets and **** after i got knocked out. Kevin wanted to leave and he was my ride so unfortunately i didn't, but I would have had I been there. But when WF/LF/GF starts at like 11:00. I don't want to play smash, I don't want to watch smash, I don't want to think about smash, I want to be in my bed sleeping.

Also @Tech Chase My frustrations weren't really meant towards you. There was a larger factor than you in the time thing. I've said before that double events are really inefficient, but like Both you and Juggle were like no no Lain's just holding everything up by disappearing so we will just be tougher on lain when it comes to playing matches. I mean this was like 2 tournaments ago, so either something is wrong with the system you two are using, or you guys aren't doing the fore-mentioned being tough on Lain when he "disappears."

Also if you didn't want to host this than you shouldn't have.

My bad brawl ended at 10:45ish It still could have easily ended by 9. And it sucks that melee was behind, but from what I had heard every match was played on one station so it could be recorded. The person that told me that may have misunderstood what was happening because that doesn't make **** sense to do and Rob is a lot smarter than that, but its what I heard.

ZTD | TECHnology

Also @Tech Chase My frustrations weren't really meant towards you. There was a larger factor than you in the time thing. I've said before that double events are really inefficient, but like Both you and Juggle were like no no Lain's just holding everything up by disappearing so we will just be tougher on lain when it comes to playing matches. I mean this was like 2 tournaments ago, so either something is wrong with the system you two are using, or you guys aren't doing the fore-mentioned being tough on Lain when he "disappears."

Also if you didn't want to host this than you shouldn't have.

My bad brawl ended at 10:45ish It still could have easily ended by 9. And it sucks that melee was behind, but from what I had heard every match was played on one station so it could be recorded. The person that told me that may have misunderstood what was happening because that doesn't make **** sense to do and Rob is a lot smarter than that, but its what I heard.
Lain wasn't really the factor in holding up the tournament this time to be honest. Or at least Brawl. I gave him some slack because he entered both events so I let him have his smoke breaks. He finished his matches when I asked him too. I just delayed on having him play his set with WTP. He was pretty good last time as well. I do think that having Brawl and Melee together though does eat a lot of time though I will agree with that.

Also who else was going to do it lol. I usually host tournaments out of obligation. At least that's been the case for the past few months.

tech do you have a bracket image? I'm trying a new approach this season for the PR.
I'll upload it later.

ZTD | TECHnology

You're exaggerating the situation but next time I TO something (or IF I TO something), it won't be ran simultaneously with Melee so that problem won't happen.

What's The Point

Smash Master
My match with Lain did take hours to get to. There were instances of no matches being played at all with every set up open. This isn't specific to this tournament, but happens at every MI tournament. It's a general feeling that everyone has. Nobody thinks that they have to go play their match, and it's fine to hold off your bracket match for X amount of time because they don't feel like it or want to do something else.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Gifts went :metaknight: as well in both singles and doubles.

And I agree with the part in Tutu's post about Zinoto and Sai being the next SK/Oblivion. And as much as I hate to admit it, cause I love fZk.. Zinoto is better.
I didn't win any games with him though D:

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
yooooo brawl sucks. dont host tourneys tech this game sucks anyways. please let the scene die. Its in a vegetative state and youre keeping it on life support. IT WOULD BE HAPPIER DEAD *****

everyone play 64. Look how promising it is. 18 entrants!! randoms beating duck!!! now thats a scene.

or mario tennis

THuGz

Smash Lord
I would play gh2 competitively if it the scoring method wasn't horrible. But we should have like one tournament where we get a venue for x amount of time only and force ourselves to play bracket when we have a match. Also displaying the bracket would be helpful.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
the gh community is dying, don't bother reviving a community of a terrible game

funny thing is i have a ****load of gh vids on my youtube channel

:phone:

If you didn't host a tournament roller probably would of. He's said as much to me anyway.

Don't host out of obligation, do it because you want to, or else bad things happen. Bad tournaments are worse than no tournaments for a scenes life. Like we could have a 4 month period of time of only having SF's and attending OoS tournies, and we would be fine.

Also 64 had people who entered the tourny leave after -winning- a game. Like how do you win a match and then dip? It's a boring game that kills it's own hype.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I thought we were going to combine our results thread? ... >_>

FYI, this whole separate threads thing isn't going to happen anymore for dual tourneys in AA. It's too confusing for new players. Next time you want to host in AA, we're going with one tourney name and one thread.

ZTD | TECHnology

^ I got impatient since it doesnt take much time to make one results thread. My bad yo.

Also I totally agree with the last sentence...lmao.

"Is this the Melee room....?"

"No its next door"

rofl

:phone:

Oblivion

Smash Journeyman
Why? They are different games. Having one be a side event at the other is fine, but 2 main events like this seem to take longer.

Top Bottom