• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Equiped: All Smash Games, UMVC3, 3rd Strike - July 6th, 2013 - Omaha, NE

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You know, Tyser, if you were better at video games outside of smash (he's king, way better than m2k, would back him for a 500 dollhair mm vs him) you would realize that there is a pretty easy way to know that we aren't just arguing opinions, we are arguing facts.

Megaman is a series that if you understand level design and enemy placement, available walls/platform variations, damage from certain enemies/different attacks, it can be a good idea to run away, fight or even take the hit and move on.

Kinda like smash.

There is a reason that M2K and I, two people that hadn't met until like a year ago, agree on like the entire ****ing series. Like, we have talked about stuff, and we agree on best level on each game for the most part, music for the most part, bosses for the most part, etc...

Challenge, replay value, secret placements (X series basically only) and a lot of other things are really easy to judge as a collective video game consciousness.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You know, I actually DO know a secret that 99%+ of the world doesn't know about X2. Did you know you can JUMP out of mid-air-dash, and can, mid-air dash out of jump. So you can theoretically not touch the ground the entire stage on Flame Stage (for example) once you start.

It's called charge shot cancelling and only Tiki (worlds best MM player) and a few others that follow his streams can do it. It's so hard to do that no one can do it consistantly, and you have to switch the controls to do it (you manipulate the games system to overload the shot buttons), and I hear it's way easier to do with the arcade stick.

It might be discussed on the SDA boards but it's supposed to be super secret, like mag stage zipping in mm1 (as in skipping entire portions of the stage, not just going through walls by being compressed into them and selecting through them (also in mm2)), but someone did that in the TAS for 1 and yeah.

ShoRyu on Chill Penguins stage is a hack, man. Some guy who speaks some language I don't even speak designed it and I found it illegally on the internet and I stole his intellectual property.

Kel

Smash Master
That's called the liberty jump. You do it by releasing your charge shot on the same frame you press jump.

AMURICA!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Oh, that's cool, I just remember watching Tiki messing around on a stream a year or so ago and it was crazy.

Liberty Jump, that's an interesting name.

Kel

Smash Master
It's cuz it's freaking AMURICAN!

Also, it is used twice in the new MMX2 speed run route to PREVENT A REVISIT. It's pretty American. It cuts off a ton of time.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yeah, Morph Moth lol, I don't even need to see it to know.

I bet it could potentially help with bubble crap but that's like saving 2 seconds, Morph Moth skip is really nice.

Plus I like the idea of getting the mid-air dash earlier <3

I haven't kept up with X speed runs for a while I've been too busy playing playing MM rom hacks, but I am normally privy to hearing about new runs for megaman games, even the X series. Is there an "Official" run, maybe not SDA/TG certified but ya, I'd like to see it, I saw the non-tased hypothetical X run but when I was watching them play X2 on the streams everyone was just sitting around trying to learn how to do it properly do it.

Basically,

the new MMX2 speed run
Is it just a rout theory or is there a run?

And if so, Link? I just kinda tried to half *** look for it and I didn't find one.

Kel

Smash Master
You are exactly right about the liberty jump. The 2 seconds it saves on Bubble Crab is actually pretty big, and the morph moth revisit is big as well. The only downside is that you have to go to Ostrich after Gator to maximize the route.

Also, the liberty jump can be used on the Sigma stage with the shoryuken when you are ascending before the shoryuken fall.

Tiki shows off the new route in "awesome games done quickly" from January. He dies near the end and STILL beats his SDA record because of the new route.

He may have tried it again in "summer games done quick" just recently, but I haven't watched it yet. I mean to as he and Cameron raced X1, and I wanna see it.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
That's pretty cool, it's been since about my birthday (January 10th) or so that I've tried watching any megaman streams other than occasional MM10 research (since I am like #8 in the world without the DLC I keep track of gamebreaking things. Tiki is so good at MM10 too :0 ).

There's still a secret in mm9 supposedly that no one has figured out other than developers.

Also, Nebraska is going to figure out an actual date soon, this is happening.

Like, Echo is on board and some retired players (melee/megaman) are coming out of the wood work.

Kel

Smash Master
Oh yeah, I remember Echo and Smeesh.

I have been lurking MM/ X runs long enough that I want to start running them myself, but it's already so competitive that it's hard to break into.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Echo is #4 on SWF in Megaman rankings.

Sm3esh is just a flaming staggot.

But, I used to have an incredible X run, I was "flawless" except for the Ice Jump on Mammoth stage and the Ice Jump on Sting Chameleon. And YES, I could do the Boomer Kwanger no-ice jump before a lot of people knew it was possible, tried it forever when I was a kid and was successful. Wall clinging sucks I can't do that **** anymore. 1-2 frames of grab GG game.

find a venue yet?
I am waiting until July, if I decide to go back to school I will probably get a room at the University of Nebraska, Omaha.

Wait, dan's already a student at the University of Nebraska, Omaha....

Kel

Smash Master
I'm not sure what you're talking about with ice jumps on mammoth and chameleon. You must be talking about 100% runs with charge ice shot for Chameleon. In any percent, the only time you use charged ice is vs the spider and to skip Armored armadillio's Simga stage fight.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Oh, I only do 100% runs for the X series.

That reminds me, I should probably make official rules and stuff so people are playing by the same rules.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Wii is NOT good for playing megaman anniversary collections, as the GC controller sucks. PS2 version is much better and feels more like SNES for MMX dash jumps.
I don't mind the Wii, I just play it like it's an arcade cabinet. Index, middle, and ring on B/A/X. It's actually faster that way than with a SNES controller.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Just play with your index fingers on those buttons for a bit and you'll start to hate the classic controller

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Wii is NOT good for playing megaman anniversary collections, as the GC controller sucks. PS2 version is much better and feels more like SNES for MMX dash jumps.
Palming GC controller is awesome

Front Page has been overhauled and corrected.

Also, M2K, idk about the mm2 AC version, but there are glitches in the mm3 version of the game, so many that SDA has their own category for it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Front Page has been overhauled and corrected.

Also, M2K, idk about the mm2 AC version, but there are glitches in the mm3 version of the game, so many that SDA has their own category for it.
MM2 has these as well. They took out the Item 1 glitch in Heat Man and I think the air man warp at minimum.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yeah they fixed mm1 and 2 zipping as well.

I assume m2k meant a glitchless run they are the same, which I wouldn't disagree with.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
There was one minor change to one of the bosses, I can't remember which one or which game... you could normally just spam bullets and it would take damage faster than it should but on the AC it couldn't. I'm pretty sure it was regular MM, but I haven't played anything but AC and ROM hacks that I don't even remember.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Mega Man 1 is the only mega man game that autofire doesn't work on, because you CAN'T spam bullets because the game doesn't detect them as hitting if there isn't enough time between the bullets.

Mega Man 2 the dragon/gutsdozer/Wily can all be autofired to stupid degree's so maybe that's it.

MM3 most of the wily bosses you can spam :/

MM4-10 they fixed.

So, what are the actual chances that an OH/KY car would make this event? 4.5 MK mains (M2K/Kel/OS/Kass/Lumi) who have ties to Ohio is pretty funny since they are all big Mega Man buffs.

darf nate

Smash Cadet
I might go but it says its july 6th at 12am, biatch? Wtf is dat just cause yo' not shizzle yet n' will dis be up in omaha. Im plannin on goin ta tha lawrence kansas tournament delux is throwin tha week before so hopefully ill be practiced up fo' this

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yeah I am getting everything set in stone soon.

Apparently we are 95% on the venue (going to be at Oakview Mall Game Central), just gotta figure out the schedule and make flyers.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Damn if it's at Oakview Mall then I can make it there easily but I have school classes on Saturday which sucks for me. :(

Tournament moved to MegaRobMans 3304 Davenport.

North and South Dakota are coming, featuring Rayku, Blubba Pinecone, Selodin and Jman.

JBM and DavidCue are confirmed to come, and Tyser might show up as well.

Top Bottom