• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
3 words, Min.

Item Standard Play Tourney.

Thread Here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164675 GO.

That, or a CF-Only tourney with the prize being $50 and free waba entry for a month.

XD I'm awesome.

Also, people seem to like having the results put up after every tourney.

With that being said, there is 4 Swords to play.

EDIT:I'm ********. I said one word, but I put 3...FAIL.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
so, i still don't see the point of Brawl +. i mean, if you were gonna play a game like that, why not just play Melee? and, the stuff i have seen in B+ is positively ridiculous. i think that game might even be more broken than normal Brawl. maybe ya'll can help me out on that, but i just don't see those hacks even serving a purpose...
Have you seen snake in Brawl+? XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqWsJ8aW2QM

Rayku

Smash Lord
3 words, Min.

Item Standard Play Tourney.

EDIT:I'm ********. I said one word, but I put 3...FAIL.
Wait. What?

"3 Words"

1) Item 2) Standard 3) Play 4) Tourney

4) Tourney

I am officially baffled.

You edited the post, even, to correct yourself.

I just don't get it.

Also, please don't even bring up Item Standard Play. The thought of that just emphasizes Brawl's already pathetic metagame... (in order to suggest something as mediocre as that)

TheYoster

Smash Journeyman
So does anyone wanna team? I am d*** good at teams. Also I still need a ride to this. I got someone to pick me up from Waba when the tourney is done so you don't need to drop me off. Again anyone willing to pick me up from Fayetteville, GA for $10? I really want to make it there for teams=(

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
items are dumb, diddy's nanners are dumber than mk. naners are considered items, let them be banned instead of MK!

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Yoster, whether I go or not depends on if I get a job by then and am not scheduled.

But if I go I'll both give you a ride and team :p

Saltix

Smash Lord
I'd love, absolutely love, to run the Brawl brackets :3
Oh no you're gonna put me against you all the time

i wholefully agree with the last point made here rayku, you do know that if you run brackets, you can't enter the tournament however right?
nvm
works for me :D

So does anyone wanna team? I am d@mn good at teams. Also I still need a ride to this. I got someone to pick me up from Waba when the tourney is done so you don't need to drop me off. Again anyone willing to pick me up from Fayetteville, GA for $10? I really want to make it there for teams=(
do you play anyone else besides Yoshi

Rayku

Smash Lord
Oh no you're gonna put me against you all the time

Suggesting that I would do anything of the sort, even in jest, is stupid. Especially when you're using that for a reason as to why I shouldn't assist running them. That's just disrespectful.

He said about two pages ago that he plays Metaknight.

@Yoster: I looked at your location according to everyone that I know of who drives to Waba. You're about an hour away from everyone I could think of :/ I wish you luck in finding a ride/teammate, sir.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
items are bad for competitive play.

if you want to have an item fun free tournament, go ahead.
if i wanted to gamble to try to win money while still putting myself in a semi-advantageous situation, i'd learn to play black jack and win real money.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Suggesting that I would do anything of the sort, even in jest, is stupid. Especially when you're using that for a reason as to why I shouldn't assist running them. That's just disrespectful.

He said about two pages ago that he plays Metaknight.
Never thought i'd be on the end of the spectrum that tells people not to take everything posted on the internet seriously
you KNOW i don't say ignorant things like that and stand behind them

i also never said that was a reason you shouldn't run a tournament

Also
dual MK in tournament awww yeah

Rayku

Smash Lord
Never thought i'd be on the end of the spectrum that tells people not to take everything posted on the internet seriously
you KNOW i don't say ignorant things like that and stand behind them

i also never said that was a reason you shouldn't run a tournament

Also
dual MK in tournament awww yeah
Indeed. I misread what you said.

One word can change the meaning completely.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Indeed. I misread what you said.

One word can change the meaning completely.
mhhm
**** im so salty right now though;

I've always wanted to run a tournament
looks like you and Jamaal beat me to the punch :|

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I'm down with Rayku,Desu,Jamaal,and Mike running brackets. Seems like a good group of people to choose to me. Also who's all going to the weekly?

TheYoster

Smash Journeyman
lol I guess I should change my character icon if I go to a different state, but I use MK. I didn't change it cause everyone in MD/VA knows who I use anyway. But yeah I play pretty smart in teams. I got to play with M2K a few days ago and have gotten better from that. Why you want to team=)?

@Rayku or do you want to team=)?

Saltix

Smash Lord
lol I guess I should change my character icon if I go to a different state, but I use MK. I didn't change it cause everyone in MD/VA knows who I use anyway. But yeah I play pretty smart in teams. I got to play with M2K a few days ago and have gotten better from that. Why you want to team=)?

if i can come out to the monthly, then sure
I run MK in teams too :)

Rayku

Smash Lord

If we teamed, it'd be an easy sweep. Don't want to do that to anyone.

I also have plans for another tournament that day, sad to say. I'd love to team with you :/ I really would, because I'd love to get some OoS experience (and good Metaknight teams exp)

Saltix

Smash Lord
If we teamed, it'd be an easy sweep. Don't want to do that to anyone.

I also have plans for another tournament that day, sad to say. I'd love to team with you :/ I really would, because I'd love to get some OoS experience (and good Metaknight teams exp)
Arrogance shall be your downfall!

I thought you teamed with Zom~B

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
What about just more hype in crew battles in general........

It would be really cool to have a crew battle that people will be interested in watching. Woodstock Crew and RTG Crew are both really solid brawl crews....

It would be so cool to have it on livestream or on the big projector (which I know Min doesn't have anymore).
I would love to do crew battles and get taht **** livestreamed.

Hiram crew:
GTR
Bleak
Wizzle
?
?
?
?

any takers?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Teh_Albino, you never said anything about our Melee low tier ph33r moneymatch.

Yes...or no? ;_;

I wish more scrubs were part of the Melee community...

we need to band together you know. ;_;

Purple

Hi guys!
okay so desu is running tournaments for brawl while fullmetal is continuing running tournaments for melee? While me and rayku are running smashfests.

Rayku

Smash Lord
okay so desu is running tournaments for brawl while fullmetal is continuing running tournaments for melee? While me and rayku are running smashfests.
Yeah, 'cause, y'know, I have a car, and my house is completely free whenever

/complete and total sarcasm on both statements.

I don't even think I'll be making tournaments that often. I had to give up an arm and a leg just to get a ride to this TN tournament I'm headed to.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Min, I think it'd benefit you enormously to put Eric through some basic customer service training.

Any complaint about pricing and money would become moot if waba were indeed a truly enjoyable experience every time we went. Rather than overpricing, it'd be well worth it. But honestly its marred by bad stories like marty waiting 3 hours for blazblue but eric was messing around on the job instead, or actually losing business because of one of your employees. That right there should be reason enough to crack down on the situation, the incentives are too great for a business man like you. As a matter of fact, I feel that people like me, marty, and jamaal are doing you a favor rather than being negative. As a fairly accurate representation of your target demographic, what we say is good or bad, enjoyable or not should help you create a better environment and attract new business and keep old business. I'm glad that you said you take our complaints seriously, and that's definitely the first step. However, that doesn't mean you should justify an employees actions if they truly upset a customer within reason. There's no reason to defend eric because "oh i know he has an attitude but..." You say you take it seriously but then you really don't because I personally don't feel like any issue has been addressed (at least from the information you are giving us). And asking us to take it up privately doesn't really solve anything either. Our complaints aren't private case by case problems, they represent other larger issues.

The problem is that you don't even realize the amount of times waba will come up in a conversation between any one of us as something to do that day, and promptly passed over because we don't feel like it's worth it.

Some businesses would kill to have the kind of market research that's available to you just by logging into smashboards.

I still disagree with charging to rent controllers, I remember when I was first told that I truly 100% believed it was a joke. I couldn't even fathom an establishment like waba asking for money to rent controllers to play the games you've already paid to play. Even with the idea of it being passable because of the discount we get for all day passes, it just to me seems like some messed up strings attached nonsense. People know coming into waba what the door fee is (or they should). But there's nothing said about controller not included, so you can't expect everyone to be prepared for the extra charge (and we're talking about alot of young kids walking in with max 5 or 10 bucks in tow).

And I mean, lets be honest, what kind of extra charge are you incurring by letting us use the controllers? Wear and tear? That really shouldnt matter because I know for a fact that you guys have quite a collection going of stuff people leave from tournaments. Not to say that it's a terrible thing to do or anything, but just trying to point out that charging for the controllers is really little more than squeezing out more money rather than covering a cost.

Waba

Smash Apprentice
I just found out that GA has a train/bus system called "Marta." Does anyone know the nearest Marta station closest to Waba?
Doraville is the nearest Marta station, which is 15minutes away, but I heard from other bus riders that you can switch to Gwinnett Transit bus which can bring you within a couple miles of Waba. I was told it cost like $1.75 or $2 to use the bus system. I never used the bus system here in GA, so I'm just going by what I heard from some peeps who happen to use the bus system. If you can get to the bus stop close to Waba, me or one of my staff peeps can pick you up. :)

when is the next monthly
Aug. 15th dude.;)

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I was looking at my schedule for the weekend and it turns out that I MIGHT be able to make it to the weekly. We will see, though.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
xif, i ahve a complaint about the waba staff...
i told the announcer guy my name and even spelled it out for him and he wrote down

**** slap.

wtf.

lol I JUST WANTED TO SAY WHATS UP TO MY GA PEEEPS YA DIG?
I SEE ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
xif, i ahve a complaint about the waba staff...
i told the announcer guy my name and even spelled it out for him and he wrote down

**** slap.

wtf.

lol I JUST WANTED TO SAY WHATS UP TO MY GA PEEEPS YA DIG?
I SEE ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES.. LOL.. hey, **** slap, do you think that extreamly detailed maps will make a comeback this monthly?

hasnt this been brought up already?

Top Bottom