• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gentlemen, I like Brawl.

Eriorguez

Smash Cadet
Although I may have preferred it to have a wider character roster, or different stages, I've managed to overcome those odds. I'd love to play as Ridley or Megaman. I'd love to play in the Fountain of Dreams or in the Golden Pyramid. But I managed to get over it.

However, I haven't gotten over some points yet. And, if I, for some odd reason, were to change some small things in Brawl, those that I've not got over yet, I'd do the following:

To start with, I'd change some things in SSE: I'd add Sonic, Wolf, Toon Link and Jigglypuff into the main story. Easy to do, after all, putting Sonic in the plains, Wolf, working for Dedede, Toon Link, meeting Link to get the Master Sword, and Jiggs, where nobody would expect it.

In the regards of bosses, I'd drop Galleom and Duon, and I'd add "Eggbotnik" (no name arguments) in one of his machines, and Liquid Snake in a miniature Metal Gear. Same places and same attacks as the new bosses, but with a meaning. And Sonic would join the 3 swordsmen in the boss battle. Also, Ridley should stop copying Master Hand and use the FAIAH and the plasma. And maybe even drop Meta Ridley and use Mewtwo as the one who chases the Falcon Flyer. Because, Mewtwo chasing the ship at high speeds, shooting Shaow Balls, forcing the ship to lose height with psychic abilities, and such things, would SLIGHTY make him justice. For now, wait until SSB4.

I'd also change the last stage of SSE. You'd have to find all the trophies in the penultimate one, though. But the stage would be, at least in the fans of nostalgia, better. Each section of it would be organiced by characters:
-Mario Bros., Peach, Bowser and Wario going through World 1-1 and some rendetion of Bom-Omb battlefield.

-DK, Diddy and Yoshi going through Jungle Hyxins and Makin' Eggs, Throwin' Eggs.

-The Triforce four going through the first Zelda 2 dungeon and a sidescrolling Deku Tree.

-Samus and C.Falcon going through a base of the Space Pirates. With caves and wall-jumping.

-Pit and Ice Climbers going up a mountain, and, after reaching the top, Skyworld.

-The Kirby characters and Olimar going through Green Greens. With the Pikmin feel, realistic looking.

-The StarFox characters going across the rooftops of under-fire Corneria. Complete with comunication channel opened.

-The Pokemon characters going from Pallette to the Mt.Moon. Tall grass are ladders, and ledges are jump-through platforms. And there are wild Rattata.

-The Fire Emblem characters going through a battlefield, taking down opposing soldiers.

-The Mother characters going trough Moonside, fighting melting clocks, Starmen and the like.

-G&W and R.O.B. going through LCD and motherboard-esque environments.

-Snake sneaking into the Shadow Moses base.

-Sonic blasting through Green Hill 1 & 2.

After that, Tabuu tries to use his wings. but Crazy Hand appears, breaks his wings and revives Master Hand. Tabuu then unleashes loads of Primids & Co., but Master Hand unleashes all AT's and Legendary Pokemon, and they take care of the army while you beat Tabuu down.

Well, I'd make all bosses sans Tabuu unlockable AT's, with the exception of Rayquaza (and Mewtwo if Meta Ridley goes away), for logical reasons. Speaking of ATs and PokeBalls, all cut characters from Melee or Brawl development would become ATs or Pokeballs, and all PokeBall Pokemon who were cut would return, with the obvious exception of Charizard.

And a variated enemy pool for SSE is a must. Let's add Moblins, Starmen, Space Pirates, Shy Guys, Topies, Waddle Dees or Rattatas. Even Eggplant wizards for the lulz.

In the regards of trophies, I'd add trophies from the Yoshi series, Wario series (incluiding Overalls Wario, gotten by using certain costumes in Classic), Mother series (even if Mother 1 doesn't get a huge attention), and Fire Emblem series, at least from the Universes represented in Brawl (FE 1-3, FE 6-7 and FE 9-10).

BTW, Individual Break the Targets (36) and return of Board the Platforms and Race to the Finish FTW. If the difficulty is changed, the size, speed and position of the targets/platforms changes.

I'd also like to add more costumes for some characters, namely Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario and Sonic:
-For Pikachu, I'd bring back the party hat, and give him a Raichu alt.
-For Jiggs, I'd change the sleeping hat for the head band, and I'd also add a Wigglytuff alt.
-For Lucario, a shiny Lucario one.
-For PT, a Rocket grunt one, with albino Squirtle, "Bulbasaur" Ivysaur, and Shiny Charizard.
-For Sonic, costumes with the palettes of Knuckles, Tails, Shadow, Silver and Jet.

Last but not least, I'd do two minor things: The first one would be having Zero Suit Samus use the same menu select method as you can do with Sheik. The other, and a VERY minor one, would be having Zelda and Sheik's art independant at the end of a battle. Very minor, I know, but it is somewhat uncomfortable.

PS- Tripping would only happen on a noticeable ammount when you are over 150%.

And this is what we call a Fence of text.

Top Bottom