• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno or Bowser Jr. for last Mario series spot?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
How am I being negative? I just don't want Bowser Jr. in the game.:ohwell:

grud315

Smash Cadet
Let me ask you this. It's fair to asssume that Dr. Mario is going to be axed, so in theory if every and only every Mario character frommelee returned, there would be one less representative from that franchise. I think it's fair to say that every franchise has to have at least one more representative from their respective franhise in the next installment (excluding things like Ice CLimbers and Pit for OBVIOUS reasons). So, if Mario, luigi, Peach, and Bowser return, it's fair to say that there will be 2 more characters. Those 2 represent the biggest possibilities. But don't forget Paper Mario. THey had 2 Mario's beofre, and there could be 2 now.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You are an idiot. That's all you need to know. You are basing similarity on names... So by your logic King K. Rool has no chance based solely on the fact that there is already a character named King Dedede, and Black Knight is disconfirmed solely on the fact that Meta Knight is playable. And of the characters you listed at the beginning, only Pichu and Daisy are close enough to be different variations of other characters. Shows how much you know about these characters. Maybe you should do your research next time instead of hopping on the bandwagon of people who have been saying the same ridiculous things all along.
Wow, I'm glad that this post doesn't bleed hopeless bias... That wasn't my arguement at all and if you weren't blinded by your own fanboyism, you'd understand that. I've played all three Metroid Prime games and I know that Dark Samus has many different attacks then Samus. What you fail to understand is that despite this, Dark Samus is still a different variation of the same character much like how Waluigi is basically an evil version of Luigi. Also, I want you to take a look at this:

Look at the fifth panel. What do you see? It is the two player version of the match where Link fights Dark Link. In the picture, you see a picture of Dark Link and a Samus completely colored in black, thus making it Dark Samus to go along with the theme. Now, when you consider how secretive and careful Sakurai has been, why would he show this unless he didn't have any fear of it revealing anything? If Dark Samus was truely playable, why not just use that instead of the Black Samus that we see in the pic?

This also lines up with how Dark Samus wasn't mentioned in Sakurai's journal or in any interviews. In comparison, Ridley had four mentions and for multiple reasons (like how he appears in 8 games compared to Dark Samus's 3 and how he's been with the franchise since the beginning), takes priority over it. When it comes down to it, you're calling me an idiot and uneducated when you clearly don't understand the steep slope your most wanted character has had almost since the beginning...

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Both.

Geno's sweet and yes mario rpg stuff has already been seen in smash: peaches frying pan and bowsers claw attack. i think the fan base for geno is enough to get him in andt he fact that he's on the line of third party makes him easier to get than a character thats totally 3rd party.

Bowser Jr. i hate bowser jr. he killed the koopa kids, however nintendo LOVES thsi guy and they seem to do all they can to stick him in every mario game so he's probably gonna be playable.

and i don't see adding 2 new mario reps as unlikely mario should have the most reps since it's nintendo's biggest game franchise and since bowser jr. and geno seem to be the 2 next in line to rep that series i say let them both in.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Wow, I'm glad that this post doesn't bleed hopeless bias... That wasn't my arguement at all and if you weren't blinded by your own fanboyism, you'd understand that. I've played all three Metroid Prime games and I know that Dark Samus has many different attacks then Samus. What you fail to understand is that despite this, Dark Samus is still a different variation of the same character much like how Waluigi is basically an evil version of Luigi. Also, I want you to take a look at this:

Look at the fifth panel. What do you see? It is the two player version of the match where Link fights Dark Link. In the picture, you see a picture of Dark Link and a Samus completely colored in black, thus making it Dark Samus to go along with the theme. Now, when you consider how secretive and careful Sakurai has been, why would he show this unless he didn't have any fear of it revealing anything? If Dark Samus was truely playable, why not just use that instead of the Black Samus that we see in the pic?

This also lines up with how Dark Samus wasn't mentioned in Sakurai's journal or in any interviews. In comparison, Ridley had four mentions and for multiple reasons (like how he appears in 8 games compared to Dark Samus's 3 and how he's been with the franchise since the beginning), takes priority over it. When it comes down to it, you're calling me an idiot and uneducated when you clearly don't understand the steep slope your most wanted character has had almost since the beginning...
That proves nothing. That is the "Dark Link" event, but there is still another Dark Link alt.

And if you did play MP, you'd know Dark Samus is Metroid Prime's new form, but just with Samus's suit.
And who said Metroid can't get 4 reps? Zamus isn't even a stand alone character. I would love Ridley as a PC, but Dark Samus should be the true 3rd rep.
Please, go argue in the Dark Samus thread, it's in my DS sig.

No bloody sh****. You may notice I never once said anything about Dark Samus's inclusion in Brawl, whatsoever. When, once, did I ever show a case of 'fanboyism'? When at all did I say I wanted Black Knight or King K. Rool or Geno or Bowser Jr. or even Dark Samus in this game? Never. Don't try to pretend you can actually outsmart me by changing the subject altogether. You completely avoided the topic I was talking about.

By the way, Dark Samus is my fourth most wanted character, not first.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
@ the above: Samus doesn't have a completely black ALT though. She does have the Phazon Suit but that has various red parts like the visor. Also, I know that Dark Samus is the Metroid Prime in the phazon suit because that was one of the secret endings in the first Metroid Prime. The Metroid Prime absorbs the suit after Samus defeats it and that's why Samus wears the gravity suit as she leaves Tallon VI. Regardless, the Metroid Prime takes on the form of Samus and that's why in the following games it is referred to as "Dark Samus."

Anyways, it isn't very likely that Metroid will have four reps simply because, at this point, it isn't very likely that LoZ will have more then 4 seperate reps and that is Nintendo's 3rd best selling franchise. After that, Kirby is next in line and that already has 3 reps. Keep in mind that both Metaknight and King Dedede are in the starting roster so unless Ridley ends up joining them, I see it as very improbable for Metroid to have more then one unlockable rep.

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
If there are 2 spots open, both. If there's one, Geno. I haven't even played SMRPG, but I want Geno more simply because he seems cool, he has some unique attacks, and he doesn't bother me like Bowser Jr.

"O HAI IM BWZR JR A STUPD ANOYNG CHRCTR HU THNKS IM SO OSM CUZ I HAV A PNTBRSH ND SCRF"

It annoys me though that Bowser Jr has a bigger chance than Geno. Honestly, I wish the Koopalings would come back and BOWSER JR would get scrapped. Sheesh. I'll like playing as him probably, but he'll still annoy me. It's like how I like playing as Jigglypuff, but she still bugs me.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Zelda had 2 unlockables :p
And like you said, LoZ had 4 seperate reps, but Shiek was a transformation, as is Zamus. That still leaves only 2 reps counting Ridley. I say Metroid deserves 3 reps, especially seeing how much it changed in 6 years.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
@ the above: Samus doesn't have a completely black ALT though. She does have the Phazon Suit but that has various red parts like the visor. Also, I know that Dark Samus is the Metroid Prime in the phazon suit because that was one of the secret endings in the first Metroid Prime. The Metroid Prime absorbs the suit after Samus defeats it and that's why Samus wears the gravity suit as she leaves Tallon VI. Regardless, the Metroid Prime takes on the form of Samus and that's why in the following games it is referred to as "Dark Samus."

Anyways, it isn't very likely that Metroid will have four reps simply because, at this point, it isn't very likely that LoZ will have more then 4 seperate reps and that is Nintendo's 3rd best selling franchise. After that, Kirby is next in line and that already has 3 reps. Keep in mind that both Metaknight and King Dedede are in the starting roster so unless Ridley ends up joining them, I see it as very improbable for Metroid to have more then one unlockable rep.
I also dont think Metroid will have more than 4 reps, simply because there arent enough characters in the franchise to have 4 reps. I see Metroid at 3, not counting Zamus because she can only be played as a FS transformation. And Kirby is most likely staying at 3. And LoZ had 5 reps in the last game, chances are Sheik and Ganon return, and Y.Link turns into WW Link or is replaced by a TP character.
Jeez what is this, the Dark Samus thread?:psycho:

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna go with NEITHER!!

They are unnecessary and are better off as AT'S imo.

Besides 4 reps are more than enough.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
lol, you want to replace Young Link with a TP character and not Sheik?
*eye twitches* I know.....I know I'm going to hate myself in the morning.....

I agree with Vesperview. Young Link isn't getting in before a TP character or Vaati.

*goes to the bathroom to vomit*

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
*eye twitches* I know.....I know I'm going to hate myself in the morning.....

I agree with Vesperview. Young Link isn't getting in before a TP character or Vaati.

*goes to the bathroom to vomit*
Seiously, WTF did you mean Shade?
And stop throwing up, it's making me wanna throw up again :urg:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
at least one of them is making it, but I'd like to see both.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Geno.

I'm not a superfan, and I like Bowser Jr...but Geno sounds cool. Geno looks cool. Geno practically is cool.

Bowser Jr. is Bowser Jr. Ehh...I'm just not that excited.

Sorry Gimpyfish. :(

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Geno.

I'm not a superfan, and I like Bowser Jr...but Geno sounds cool. Geno looks cool. Geno practically is cool.

Bowser Jr. is Bowser Jr. Ehh...I'm just not that excited.

Sorry Gimpyfish. :(
I know why you don't like em. It's that annoying crying when he loses on Mario Kart Double Dash. *gives Uchiha a pat on the back* Don't worry, I like Bowser Jr. and all, but that attribute about em would turn any die hard fan off, not to mention those not so crazy about em.

Geno and Bowser Jr. 4 Brawl

Pulse

Smash Apprentice
Bowser Jr. has much more prioty, and Geno is fairly unknown or unpopular (He dosen't have many fans, it's just the ones he does have are loud) Geno should NOT get in before Jr., but I see no reason the two can't coexist.

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
bowser jr.
the only reason anyone wants geno is because they got the idea from sakurais poll

D

Deleted member

bowser jr.
the only reason anyone wants geno is because they got the idea from sakurais poll

Not really. A lot of true fans root for Geno because he was a big character in a big game. Whoever loved Mario RPG and Geno would love to see him and Brawl. I started playing RPG in the summer all over again and as I was waiting for Brawl I thought that Geno would make an exceptional character.

Geno > Bowser Jr.
Geno does have a better chance though You all think that since Geno is oned by Square that makes his chances lower. Well, it's not SE's decision. It's Sakurai's. All SE can do is just say 'Yes' or 'No'. And I don't see why they would say no.

Mogrika

Smash Apprentice
The whole idea of having Geno in brawl would be frowned upon if it wasn't for the polls, people are really stupid and gullible they go with the trend, he wouldn't get half the support he gets right now without those stupid polls.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Well if it came down to Bowser Jr. or Geno...I'd say Bowser Jr....He deserves the spot more and is more popular than Geno. Bowser Jr. has even played the role of a main villain instead of a lackey or whatever. Geno appeared in a popular game and was an NPC in another and that was that. I'm not knocking Geno or anything like that....just saying if it came down to the two...I'd pick Bowser Jr.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
I really don't see why both can't get in. Though personally I'd rather see Geno, I think he'd be a lot more unique than Bowser Jr.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The whole idea of having Geno in brawl would be frowned upon if it wasn't for the polls, people are really stupid and gullible they go with the trend, he wouldn't get half the support he gets right now without those stupid polls.
No seriously, is there a character you don't hate?

D

Deleted member

Well if it came down to Bowser Jr. or Geno...I'd say Bowser Jr....He deserves the spot more and is more popular than Geno. Bowser Jr. has even played the role of a main villain instead of a lackey or whatever. Geno appeared in a popular game and was an NPC in another and that was that. I'm not knocking Geno or anything like that....just saying if it came down to the two...I'd pick Bowser Jr.
Last I checked, Bowser was the main villain in every game BJ was in.

A lot of people say that Bowser Jr. is more popular than Geno but how do we know if that is true? For all we know, it could be the other way around but we can't really judge who is more popular than who. I've heard people say that the Koopa Kids are more popular but we don't know that for sure.

Maybe kids know Bowser Jr. more than Geno but adults and older teens know who Geno is.

I ask my brothers:
"Do you know Bowser Jr.?"
They say yes.
"Do you know Geno?"
They say "Who?"

Than I asked my older cousin the same questions.
"Do you know Bowser Jr.?"
"Um... I heard of Baby Bower but no, not really."
"Do you know Geno?"
He said yes.

We really can'tr say who is more popular than who 'cause we don't know who really is.

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
would prefer geno, although I wouldnt mind a faster, less powerful version of bowser (if bowser jr were to be a clone), which is why really the only way i would take bowser jr over geno is if bowser jr had the paint brush from super mario sunshine and had his own move set

Top Bottom