• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I need Sailor Cape alt Geno in my life
I need the America alt Geno as well.

Fortunately for the both of us, both the Sailor Cape and America Cape are canon designs for two of Geno's in-game armors.

1604693362280.jpeg

I don't know why anyone likes to make a bunch of different alts based on other characters when Geno already has 6 alts picked out.

Last edited:

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Ayye I made the alts in the last one! I love the black and red alt in the 7th pic

D

Deleted member

Fortunately for the both of us, both the Sailor Cape and America Cape are canon designs for two of Geno's in-game armors.

View attachment 291297

I don't know why anyone likes to make a bunch of different alts based on other characters when Geno already has 6 alts picked out.
I'm aware that they are canon. I think those illustrations were in the Japanese guide, but I feel like I saw them in the English guidebook as well... He'd still need two more, so they'd have to take some creative liberties. If he makes it in, I can only hope that his alt skins are better than Cloud and Sonic.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Awwwww S***!!! Y'all Sakurai is hyped to show what's coming up on the remainder of the Fighters Pass Vol. 2 (according to his latest Famitsu Column, as reported by Event Hubs).
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020/nov/04/masahiro-sakurai-next-ssbu-steve/

"Masahiro Sakurai mentioned how he was looking forward to the next reveal." 👀

EDIT: Omg, they changed Steve/Alex's tag on his character banner that's on the Fighters section of the official Smash Bros. Ultimate website by adding again the "Coming 10/13/2020". Earlier today it just said "New". They've been switching this back and forth for quite a few days now.
Good. Let’s hope that “the right character” is one of the 4. Please deliver Geno Sakurai!

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord

View attachment 291297

I want to see these 6, a Mallow alt, and a Smithy alt. I think that would round things out nicely.

Last edited:

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
This Ultimate roster is like the one you draw when your 14 years old, fantasizing about what it would be like if all of our favorites got together. This is a Geno fans’ chance at a lifetime. I don’t care who gets in the game, he just needs to be in this one. Don’t care how it gets done, just have him in.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I don't think it'd be too odd for someone to be revealed soon rather than in December - they'd likely still be a December release regardless, wouldn't they?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Okay, next week will be an interesting one for speculation for sure, especially given how close it will be to the maintenance periods for the 16th. Whether we get news before the week of the 16th or during it, we'll find out soon enough
Yeah... There's somethings that suggest there was supposed to be "something" this week but got postponed probably because of the US election dominating, well, everything right now. Looking at 2012 and 2016, this actually checks out because a presentation was after the election and in 2016 before. It's annoying but the upsides of this week were that:

-There's now even more evidence that there's likely a major presentation coming this month.

-Originally we were only speculating the first and second week of potential news weeks but early on in the week, a ton of events were coincidentally all announced for the week of the 16th.

-Big boost in evidence that Smash will likely be part of whatever drops this month.

Guess we just have to wait this weekend out...

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Yeah... There's somethings that suggest there was supposed to be "something" this week but got postponed probably because of the US election dominating, well, everything right now. Looking at 2012 and 2016, this actually checks out because a presentation was after the election and in 2016 before. It's annoying but the upsides of this week were that:

-There's now even more evidence that there's likely a major presentation coming this month.

-Originally we were only speculating the first and second week of potential news weeks but early on in the week, a ton of events were coincidentally all announced for the week of the 16th.

-Big boost in evidence that Smash will likely be part of whatever drops this month.

Guess we just have to wait this weekend out...
Eh, I think it's more that there was never something planned for this week, and the twitter silence was just because of the election, I don't really think anything got postponed. I get the feeling Nintendo is going to drop SOMETHING next week with both of the Next-Gen Systems lauching but we'll see. Especially IF they have a big presentation they might just wait until the week of the 16th instead to avoid getting overshadowed

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
So hyped for Geno that I went and bought the original Japanese game of SMRPG. It's the start of my new Japanese box art collection :)
Excuse me for saying this but only for the fact that isn't that boring and intense red I prefer this one
I want to see these 6, a Mallow alt, and a Smithy alt. I think that would round things out nicely.
Bro a gray Geno, with Yellow Eyes and a Red Cape, really dark brown shoes and intense yellow in his hat and cape details as a smithy alt. That would be dope. It has to be the cool 8th skin everybody plays like Black Min-Min, Grunty Styled Banjo or the Enderman

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Excuse me for saying this but only for the fact that isn't that boring and intense red I prefer this one

Bro a gray Geno, with Yellow Eyes and a Red Cape, really dark brown shoes and intense yellow in his hat and cape details as a smithy alt. That would be dope. It has to be the cool 8th skin everybody plays like Black Min-Min, Grunty Styled Banjo or the Enderman
Haha I was planning on being an Enderman main, but I ended up picking Scottish Steve because everyone else was picking Enderman.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
So i know i should not be talking about this, but seeing how this is basically Fatmanonice Fatmanonice 's second house, i want to ask a sincere question to Fatman.

Have you heard anything about Adol the Red from YS in Smash in the last couple of months?

View attachment 291297

I really hope Sakurai draws inspiration from this for Geno's alts.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I dunno if something was planned this week. Like I said this isn’t the first time that Nintendo has done something weird and it resulted in nothing. Next week is a solid guess. But I do think if something is planned for this month it’ll be planned to line up with the 16th regardless of the elections.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I dunno if something was planned this week. Like I said this isn’t the first time that Nintendo has done something weird and it resulted in nothing. Next week is a solid guess. But I do think if something is planned for this month it’ll be planned to line up with the 16th regardless of the elections.
That's what I'm hoping for. FP8's identity may be revealed in a matter of days, and I'm hoping it's Geno or someone else really big on the fan requests scale

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Honestly all I see is a Hyrule Warriors direct before its launch, but here's always hoping for more I guess, haha

Geno Boost

Smash Master

View attachment 291297

*7 if you include Gold Geno statue from nimbus land

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Now that the US election 2020 has been called, hopefully Nintendo feels okay to dish out some news

Honestly all I see is a Hyrule Warriors direct before its launch, but here's always hoping for more I guess, haha
...why would they do that? It’s pointless. They already showed the game off numerous times last month in many dedicated videos, including exclusive Treehouse Live segments and even put it in the Partner Mini.

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord

View attachment 291297

Just put on ones based on Mallow and Smithy and it's complete.
Bonus points if they use different woods for Geno's alts.

In fact, I have some.

• Default: Mega Cape
  • Purple: Happy Cape, thuya/burl wood (loosely based on Geno’s poisoned color palette)
  • Light blue: Cape and hat based on Mallow’s Pants, sugar pine wood
  • White: Sailor Cape, mango wood
  • Yellow: Fuzzy Cape, gold (based on the statue of Geno in Nimbus Land)
  • Red: Fire Cape, hickory wood
  • Blue: Star Cape, box elder wood
  • Gray: Cape and hat based on Smithy, bog oak wood
Woods were found here: https://www.wood-database.com/

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Just put on ones based on Mallow and Smithy and it's complete.
Bonus points if they use different woods for Geno's alts.

In fact, I have some.

• Default: Mega Cape
  • Purple: Happy Cape, thuya/burl wood (loosely based on Geno’s poisoned color palette)
  • Light blue: Cape and hat based on Mallow’s Pants, sugar pine wood
  • White: Sailor Cape, mango wood
  • Yellow: Fuzzy Cape, gold (based on the statue of Geno in Nimbus Land)
  • Red: Fire Cape, hickory wood
  • Blue: Star Cape, box elder wood
  • Gray: Cape and hat based on Smithy, bog oak wood
Woods were found here: https://www.wood-database.com/
I've always loved the idea of basing the alt costumes on different types of real world wood.

Also, Choctopus just posted a DLC predictions video and it somewhat resembles Fatmanonice Fatmanonice 's predictions:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
...why would they do that? It’s pointless. They already showed the game off numerous times last month in many dedicated videos, including exclusive Treehouse Live segments and even put it in the Partner Mini.
You clearly don't remember how they marketed the first Hyrule warriors then, lol. So far this has been no different

Last edited:

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
You clearly don't remember how they marketed the first Hyrule warriors then, lol. So far this has been no different
The time has past for a game focused direct.
They always do Game focused directs, at least, a month before release... we're 2 weeks from release.
The Wii U Hyrule Warriors direct was in Mid-August... the game then released in late September.

MattX20

Smash Hero
To get back on topic with Geno (and mostly because one or two posts I've seen in the Shantae thread seem to think we're just being a second social thread despite a lot of the stuff we talk about in particular can correlate with Geno's chances), the fact that it's been nearly a whole week since the last Challenge Cup ended and we still don't have an actual date in December for the Mario 35th tournament yet is eye brow raising all things considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom