• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
As far as Smash 6 goes, Sakurai said the next game probably won't be for another decade or so, so I'm fine with them simply porting Ultimate to the next console or so. Even if some content has to be cut, I am curious what they would do for the supposed next game (personally I doubt it'll get as bad as Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite considering that game had, ahem, other issues more or less). I also doubt this'll just be the end of the series considering how much of a cash cow it is.

Last edited:

Mizzle

Smash Cadet
I'll just say that there's strong evidence that particular spirits for particular games have been held off until certain announcements are made. For example, Undertale and Luigi's Mansion 3 spirits still being MIA after more than a year should definitely raise some eyebrows.
I understand why Undertale could be held back, but what makes you think so for Luigi's Mansion 3?

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
King Boo as a fighter......? Maybe as one of the bonus characters?
I'll just say that there's strong evidence that particular spirits for particular games have been held off until certain announcements are made. For example, Undertale and Luigi's Mansion 3 spirits still being MIA after more than a year should definitely raise some eyebrows.

Last edited:

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
Actually, what do you guys mean by bonus fighters, do you guys mean like Pirahnna Plant where it's just the character and nothing else?

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
Now that I think about it, the M-rated character that could show up in this pass (if M-Theory is still in play) is probably Ryu Hayabusa since a lot of his games are M-Rated. So my predictions are probably
Geno
Llyod
Crash

Ryu

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
I have a question about the NSO SNES ports. Are there any other games left from SNES Classic that haven't been put on the Switch yet besides SMRPG? I feel like I've heard somewhere that there is maybe one more game.

Anyways, if it is SMRPG and one other game that are left to be added, and we assume SMRPG does get added, I could see that being evidence that Geno would be Fighter #8. I think SNES games are added every two months (someone correct me if that's wrong) so the next updates would be in November then January. I could see Nintendo wanting to release Geno alongside SMRPG on the NSO. Having Geno's reveal trailer followed by announcing SMRPG coming to NSO a few days later then having the Sakurai presentation where he says to play SMRPG on NSO just makes sense to me.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
E Gadd as a fighter would be amazing. But seriously, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice what are you insinuating about the missing Luigis Mansion spiritboard?
I understand why Undertale could be held back, but what makes you think so for Luigi's Mansion 3?
King Boo as a fighter......? Maybe as one of the bonus characters?
I'm not just referring to playable characters. For example, two of Mii Costume Guy's costume predictions from last December were Gooigi and Kris from Deltarune. There's also the high prospect of certain spirits being used to promote upcoming games. For example, I do think Hyrule Warriors spirits and more Monster Hunter spirits will be coming when their respective games come out.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
I have a question about the NSO SNES ports. Are there any other games left from SNES Classic that haven't been put on the Switch yet besides SMRPG? I feel like I've heard somewhere that there is maybe one more game.

Anyways, if it is SMRPG and one other game that are left to be added, and we assume SMRPG does get added, I could see that being evidence that Geno would be Fighter #8. I think SNES games are added every two months (someone correct me if that's wrong) so the next updates would be in November then January. I could see Nintendo wanting to release Geno alongside SMRPG on the NSO. Having Geno's reveal trailer followed by announcing SMRPG coming to NSO a few days later then having the Sakurai presentation where he says to play SMRPG on NSO just makes sense to me.
The games missing aside from SMRPG are:
Earthbound
*Contra 3
Final Fantasy 6
Legend of the Mystical Ninja(not even on Japan NSO)
*Secret of Mana
*Mega Man X
*Super Street Fighter 2(neither the OG nor Turbo)
*Super Castlevania 4
* means the game has been resold through a collection. That just leaves Mystical Ninja, FF6, Earthbound and Mario RPG(Fire Emblem is only available in Japan).

Mizzle

Smash Cadet
I'm not just referring to playable characters. For example, two of Mii Costume Guy's costume predictions from last December were Gooigi and Kris from Deltarune. There's also the high prospect of certain spirits being used to promote upcoming games. For example, I do think Hyrule Warriors spirits and more Monster Hunter spirits will be coming when their respective games come out.
Why should we trust the Mii Costume Guy again? I can see Kris happening, but certainly not Gooigi.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
The games missing aside from SMRPG are:
Earthbound
*Contra 3
Final Fantasy 6
Legend of the Mystical Ninja(not even on Japan NSO)
*Secret of Mana
*Mega Man X
*Super Street Fighter 2(neither the OG nor Turbo)
*Super Castlevania 4
* means the game has been resold through a collection. That just leaves Mystical Ninja, FF6, Earthbound and Mario RPG(Fire Emblem is only available in Japan).
Of that list I think only Earthbound, Mario RPG, & maybe Mystical Ninja might end up on NSO.

Everything else is either in collections by Konami, Square, or Capcom or likely will end up on the Switch as an independent release (FFVI).

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
That's what I thought you might be referring to. Hmm... It would be strange to hold off spirits for the release of a Mii costume, but I guess it was done for Cuphead. Still waiting on the Undertale, Bomberman, and Fallout events though... cough

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Why should we trust the Mii Costume Guy again? I can see Kris happening, but certainly not Gooigi.
He's got a great track record, both with Smash and outside of it. For Smash:

-Banjo's costumes last July
-Terry's spirit board last September
-Byleth's ALTs and stage last October
-Cuphead was on his list last December
-Correctly said Microsoft would be getting more content last December

On the topic of Gooigi, I honestly think it's a hat if it's indeed a thing.

TraaP

Smash Cadet
Now that I think about it, the M-rated character that could show up in this pass (if M-Theory is still in play) is probably Ryu Hayabusa since a lot of his games are M-Rated. So my predictions are probably
Geno
Llyod
Crash

Ryu
Honestly, feel that these 4 are immensely likely. However, I am 99% certain we are getting another 1st party character - disregarding Geno - most likely Rex but I am unsure who to swap out for him.

Mizzle

Smash Cadet
He's got a great track record, both with Smash and outside of it. For Smash:

-Banjo's costumes last July
-Terry's spirit board last September
-Byleth's ALTs and stage last October
-Cuphead was on his list last December
-Correctly said Microsoft would be getting more content last December

Okay, after getting all the costumes for Banjo and the spirit board for Terry, it may be worth keeping an eye on him. Is there a full list of what he has leaked somewhere?

D

Deleted member

Okay, after getting all the costumes for Banjo and the spirit board for Terry, it may be worth keeping an eye on him. Is there a full list of what he has leaked somewhere?
I think this is what you may be looking for

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
I think Min Min will take the spot as the 1st party but we did get two 1st party reps last pass if you wanna count Plant so....
Honestly, feel that these 4 are immensely likely. However, I am 99% certain we are getting another 1st party character - disregarding Geno - most likely Rex but I am unsure who to swap out for him.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Mortal Kombat 11 just revealed its latest DLC characters, and while I know this topic is mostly unrelated, I want to bring up one in particular...

The three characters are John Rambo, Rain... and Mileena, a character whose fans have been very vocal about wanting to see becoming playable again in Mortal Kombat 11... and said fans have just got their wish this morning.

I know that the devs behind Mortal Kombat 11 might not operate the same as the devs for Smash Ultimate, but I still want to bring up Mileena, because she's now an example of a fan favorite character who managed to make the cut after the very vocal support from fans, and I think that if Mortal Kombat 11 can accomplish that, I want to believe that Smash Ultimate can ultimately (heh) do the same with Geno.

If a purple sharp-toothed ninja lady can make it, then so can our favorite wooden puppet star warrior. Here's to fan favorites getting their chance. :cheersleo:

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
If what he is saying is true, I think is likely there is going to be another Nintendo fighter, well, maybe Geno can fit as a dual Nintendo/Square fighter as he is owned by Square-Enix but part of a Nintendo IP (Super Mario), so a potentially Geno Mii Costume Round can be Mallow hat, Chocobo hat (Smash 4 returning), Sephiroth or Chrono costume (from the seven Square leak, “fan demand”Googi hat and Waluigi (Assist Trophy promotion)

There is a pattern with the last 2 fighters mii costumes round

1-3 are from fighters IP (Ninjara for Arms and those 3 minecraft costumes)
1 is a returning smash 4 costume (Heihachi with Min Min and Gil with Steve)
1-2 are assist trophy promotions (Marie and Callie with Min Min, Bomberman with Steve)
1 is a fan demand fighter (Vault Boy and Travis)

They were also presented in the same order so I think that is something to take into account.

For Geno’s case as I said:

• Mallow and Googi hats for Super Mario IP costumes, one from Square and the other from Nintendo
  • Chocobo hat for smash 4 returning
  • Waluigi as assist trophy promotion (yeah I know that there is a Waluigi’s hat but they can try a bit better)
  • Sephiroth, Chrono or another popular Square-Enix pick like 2B as “fan request” costume.

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Mortal Kombat 11 just revealed its latest DLC characters, and while I know this topic is mostly unrelated, I want to bring up one in particular...

The three characters are John Rambo, Rain... and Mileena, a character whose fans have been very vocal about wanting to see becoming playable again in Mortal Kombat 11... and said fans have just got their wish this morning.

I know that the devs behind Mortal Kombat 11 might not operate the same as the devs for Smash Ultimate, but I still want to bring up Mileena, because she's now an example of a fan favorite character who managed to make the cut after the very vocal support from fans, and I think that if Mortal Kombat 11 can accomplish that, I want to believe that Smash Ultimate can ultimately (heh) do the same with Geno.

If a purple sharp-toothed ninja lady can make it, then so can our favorite wooden puppet star warrior. Here's to fan favorites getting their chance. :cheersleo:
Bahahaha ****in' Rambo?! Mortal Kombat is the best lmao

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If what he is saying is true, I think is likely there is going to be another Nintendo fighter, well, maybe Geno can fit as a dual Nintendo/Square fighter as he is owned by Square-Enix but part of a Nintendo IP (Super Mario), so a potentially Geno Mii Costume Round can be Mallow hat, Chocobo hat (Smash 4 returning), Sephiroth or Chrono costume (from the seven Square leak, “fan demand”Googi hat and Waluigi (Assist Trophy promotion)

There is a pattern with the last 2 fighters mii costumes round

1-3 are from fighters IP (Ninjara for Arms and those 3 minecraft costumes)
1 is a returning smash 4 costume (Heihachi with Min Min and Gil with Steve)
1-2 are assist trophy promotions (Marie and Callie with Min Min, Bomberman with Steve)
1 is a fan demand fighter (Vault Boy and Travis)

They were also presented in the same order so I think that is something to take into account.

For Geno’s case as I said:

• Mallow and Googi hats for Super Mario IP costumes, one from Square and the other from Nintendo
  • Chocobo hat for smash 4 returning
  • Waluigi as assist trophy promotion (yeah I know that there is a Waluigi’s hat but they can try a bit better)
  • Sephiroth, Chrono or another popular Square-Enix pick like 2B as “fan request” costume.
Which is what kills me because when I saw Gooigi and Cadence I was like "okay, 6 is a pure first party and Waluigi" and then it was a pure first party but it was Min Min and neither showed up... I do think we're getting at least one more first party character but, as time has gone on, it suggests that the last first party character isn't ala carte (like I'm predicting Waluigi to be) but another first party pack... This is yet another reason why I'm currently invested in Dixie.

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
Also, is Ultimate getting ported to future consoles even possible considering how many rights and properties Nintendo would have to request to use again?

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Kris from Deltarune is probably my most wanted Mii Costume. Swordfighter sure could use the love!

QQS

Smash Lord
Nothing new here? Okay goodbye my friends. Back to where wishes come true.

03EDE0EF-B30B-48D0-88B8-D4C76DD77560.jpeg

Never stop dreaming and Geno will awake as character 78-79-80-81 or Bonus. Probably with the SMRPG 25° anniversary + SMRPG to the NSO + SMRPG remake or sequel to promote Fighter Geno, just like Hero did with DQ11.

Best wishes.

protoblues

Smash Cadet
Alright everybody place your bets, what are we gonna expect in the general mills direct https://twitter.com/GeneralMills/status/1314237178076164096?s=20
90% sure this is Geno. "That's literally my childhood right there" - who else could this be referring to? Keep in mind this is releasing in the context of overwhelming fan support for the character while Square Enix has been suspiciously tight-lipped about his next appearance. Plus, the "Lucky Charms" leak still hasn't been disproven and the rule of 13 is still going strong.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Waluigi and Dixie would be sweet and would round out their series pretty well.
I agree. Plus, like I keep saying, the evidence that Nintendo has really, really big plans with Donkey Kong going forward has been snowballing since the spring and if they made it a point to have Min Min literally three years after ARMS, them having Dixie for this super mystery Monkey Long game that likely was supposed to be an E3 2020 announcement seems like a no brainer. Beyond that, Dixie was cut from Brawl and content from Donkey Kong Country 3 and Tropical Freeze has been measly so a massive monkey music dump with her would make DK's representation "whole", so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom