• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I care about tier lists since I'm fascinated by the competitive meta. But I practice using 5-character Squad Strike, and play characters from everywhere on the list. Anyone would be foolish to think I won't play the crap out of Geno. I already go nuts with the worst characters in the game sometimes, so Geno's getting played no matter where he falls

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I think it kind of goes without saying that Geno will end up being a pretty decent character at worst. His kit really lends itself to either a zoner or a spacing playstyle, what with his many munitions and numerous long-ranged magic attacks. He's also got a bit of speed to him as well if the in-game stats are to be taken as a realistic representation of the character's actual in-universe mobility.

And since we're speaking of Geno's gameplay, I'd like to present an idea I don't believe we've discussed yet. Alright, so I've seen that people are somewhat divided on what Geno's Up-Special could be.
  • Project M has Geno used a weaker version of Geno Flash to propell himself upwards.
  • Some have suggested that Geno Boost be modified to become a literal boost move.
  • I've suggested that it would be kind of like Ness' PK Thunder where you control Geno's star spirit and send it to a favorable position, then have his puppet body rush over towards it with a hitbox.
  • And someone suggested that he could use the 8-directional spinny flowers to leap off of.
Well, I've thought of a really cool new concept for his Up-Special: Have it be Geno Blast.
  • When used, Geno holds his arms above his head and begins to charge his attack, with three stars appearing over his head incorporating the timed hits mechanic. When the button is released, Geno launches a shooting star at a downward diagonal angle. Upon hitting the ground and only the ground, the shooting star explodes into a bright pillar of rainbow colored light. This is similar in function to Belmont's Holy Water, only it launches foes rather than trapping them. Opponents hit with the shooting star mid-air will be weakly launched upwards and away, discouraging gimping with it.
  • When this special move is used in the air, releasing it will not only cause Geno to fire off a shooting star like the grounded version, but will also boost him up into the air. The vertical distance is determined by how many stars Geno has over his head, with the boost being strongest at three stars. Using it in the air also causes him to stall in the air for a short time, similar to Diddy Kong's Rocketbarrel Boost. Geno also has both a launching hitbox and intangibility during his ascent to ensure that he can recover safely.
Thoughts?

If/when Geno gets in, how many of you will 9.9 his classic route?

I will definitely.
For me it's kind of a give-in, seeing as I've already got 9.9 on all the other character's Classic Mode routes, DLC included.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
What typically happens with new characters:

"OH MY GOD, I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY ADDED (INSERT CHARACTER HERE) IN SMASH!"

*Character actually comes out*

A. "Wow... This character is too weird/complicated for me..."

B. "Wow... This character is broken but I hate their playstyle..."

C. "Wow... This character sucks..."
Or sometimes, somehow, E. All of the Above.

Now I know what you're thinking - there was no D. option.
E was so all encompassing that we just ignored D because it was redundantly redundant.

I would put money everyone who falls into the anti-Geno teritory will be E.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I have a question, Yesterday you said that based on the Polish leak that suggests that in September we will see Mario and Final Fantasy amiibos re-released, that Mario's anniversary is September 13 and that as Hero's amiibo comes out in September you feel that Geno will be next and that to Maximize Mario's anniversary they will also release Waluigi as Bonus and that based on the fact that we will very likely see Terry and Banjo's amiibos in November (the same month as the launch of Series X) you feel that the 8th will be Master Chief and that Nintendo It will release a new DK (based on the fact that both DKC and STM made it to NSO) and they would use Dixie as a bonus to promote it. Ok, there will be 3 characters (what do you think will be Crash, Dante and Lloyd) and possibly 2 bonuses in case the 16 slots are filled. Knowing that the batch of Spring amiibos are possibly only the 2 versions of Byleth, do you think it will be an Anime Swordie therefore you feel it will be Lloyd, today I had a theory based on this. What if with CP9 we have a Bonus that will be another Swordman like Rex or Isaac? What do you think, do you see it as viable or do you think it would be strange to have 3 bonuses in a row?

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
View attachment 279782

This image is nice. The original post is HERE. Credits to the artists.

Posted it cause we were talking about combat styles!
We could have a whole conversation with this but Mega Man is less of a Zoner than a lot of the characters listed.

:ultsamus:/:ultdarksamus:
:ultwiifittrainer:
:ultgunner:
:ultvillager:
:ultminmin
:ultrob:
:ultduckhunt:
:ultisabelle:
:ultsimon:/:ultrichter:
:ultsnake:
:ultyounglink:

Are all characters that you can consider a heavier zoner than Mega Man. Which isn't to say Mega Man isn't a zoner, but he certainly cannot play at full screen like these guys. Pellets get disrupted easily.

I am not sure how I feel about this chart as a whole. (Like Trickster isn't even a play style)

With that being said, I still want Geno to be this Shiek/Robin hybrid that can go deep while having the grossest projectiles out there.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I think by trickster, they mean characters who bend the rules? Peach and Daisy have float, where you can't really contest their aerials they way you normally would. Pac Man has hydrant, which can push you into spots you weren't in before. Bowser Jr has the Clown Car that takes less damage when you hit it. Idk though, it's a weird classification to be sure

QQS

Smash Lord
I was thinking on another Splash Art for Geno. Don’t think I have seen it before:

Geno Detours to Smash Route!

Just for fun because my favorites are:

Geno shoots for the stars!
Geno shoots for Smash!
Geno whirls in!
Geno lands into Smash!

and my all time favorite: Geno Awakens!

Paraster

Smash Lord
I was thinking on another Splash Art for Geno. Don’t think I have seen it before:

Geno shoots for Smash!
Geno whirls in!
Geno lands into Smash!

"Geno Awakens!" is my favorite, too. It's simple, a direct reference, and sounds really cool.

I'm not sure what "Detours to Smash Route" means, though? Is it a Mario RPG moment I haven't reached yet?

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace

Geno shoots for Smash!
Geno whirls in!
Geno lands into Smash!

Geno Reaches The Seven Stars
Geno Grant A Wish
Geno is Welcomed Back
Geno Follows The Route
Geno Give It Up a Whirl ( MisterMike MisterMike personal favorite)
Geno Stars In Smash
Geno Beams In
Geno Flash In
Geno Falls Like a Star

QQS

Smash Lord
Geno Grant A Wish
Geno is Welcomed Back
Geno Follows The Route
Geno Stars In Smash
Geno Beams In
Geno Flash In
Geno Falls Like a Star
So many ideas for Splash Art and so many ideas for a CGI. This character will be amazing in every aspect.

EDIT: fixed word

Last edited:

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
So many ideas for Splash Art and so many ideas for a CGI. This character will be amazing in every aspect.

EDIT: fixed word
One that I've been rooting for is "Geno Shows His Spirit!"
Double meaning with him being a legitimate Star Spirit and a Spirit in Smash.

Cuzeba123

Smash Apprentice

Geno shoots for Smash!
Geno whirls in!
Geno lands into Smash!

I tought about splash screens some days ago and I don't think anyone has brought this one up yet:
Geno toys with the competition!
or
Geno toys with his opponents!

QQS

Smash Lord
This is a List of Splash Art taking many ideas from here, some personal ones and some from the internet (Credits to the Artists for the ones I took)

Geno Awakens!
Geno Comes to Life!
Geno Wakes Up!
Geno Stands Up!
Geno Comes Home!
Geno Returns!
Geno Reaches The Seven Stars!
Geno Gathers The Seven Stars!
Geno Repairs Star Road!
Geno Joins the Party!
Geno Joins the Ultimate Party!
Geno Squares Up!
Geno Squares In!
Geno Grants a Wish!
Geno Aligns!
Geno Aligns into Battle!
Geno Aligns for Smash!
Geno Aligns like a Star!
Geno Ultimately Aligns!
Geno Gets Aligned!
Geno is Welcomed Back!
Geno Follows the Route!
Geno Follows Smash Route!
Geno Follows the Ultimate Route!
Geno Whirls In!
Geno Gives It a Whirl!
Geno Stars in Smash!
Geno Beams In!
Geno Flashes In!
Geno Boosts In!
Geno Falls!
Geno Falls Like a Star!
Geno Shoots for the Stars!
Geno Shoots for Smash!
Geno Shoots for the Battle!
Geno Shoots In!
Geno Lands into Battle!
Geno Lands into Smash!
Geno Lands In!
Geno Reunites With His Past!
Geno Shows His Spirit!
Geno Aims for Smash!
Geno Aims for Battle!
Geno Aims Higher!
Geno Serves a Higher Authority!
Geno Serves a Higher Demand!
Geno Shows Up!
Geno Toys With the Competition!
Geno Toys With his Opponents!
Geno Gets Possessed Again!
Geno Hits On Time!
Geno Times Right His Return!
Geno Timed Right!
Geno Visits From Above!
Geno Visits Old Friends!
Geno Descends From the Sky!
Geno Descends For the Battle!
Geno Descends On Time!
Geno Descends!
Geno Levels Up!
Geno Gets the Show on the Road!

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice papagenos papagenos TerminalMontage TerminalMontage

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Just thinking about Geno in Smash gives me goosebumps. One of my dream match-ups to see in Smash would be Ridley vs. King K. Rool vs. Banjo & Kazooie vs. Geno. The battle of the "never evers". We already got three of those characters in Smash and one more remains to be seen, but Geno probably has the best odds out of any character atm so its only a matter of time!

And oh yes, another dream matchup of mine would be Mario vs. Bowser vs. Peach vs. Geno and hopefully, vs. Mallow if he is a Mii Outfit.

QQS

Smash Lord
Just thinking about Geno in Smash gives me goosebumps. One of my dream match-ups to see in Smash would be Ridley vs. King K. Rool vs. Banjo & Kazooie vs. Geno. The battle of the "never evers". We already got three of those characters in Smash and one more remains to be seen, but Geno probably has the best odds out of any character atm so its only a matter of time!

And oh yes, another dream matchup of mine would be Mario vs. Bowser vs. Peach vs. Geno and hopefully, vs. Mallow if he is a Mii Outfit.
Totally agreed! My personal favorites would be:

Geno vs Link (him vs My personal favorite Nintendo hero in any incarnation)

Geno vs Mario (for the good old times)

Geno vs Mega Man (my favorite Third Party heroes)

Geno vs Banjo-Kazooie (favorite SNES hero vs favorite 64 hero)

Geno vs Cloud (King of the Squared Circle)

Geno vs Bowser (for the epicness)

Geno vs Rosalina & Luma (battle of the stars)

Geno vs Kirby (cuteness and the hat, him vs Sakurai’s baby)

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Last edited:

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman

7NATOR

Smash Master
Who is this person, and how credible are they?
Apprantly he's from the PapaGenos Discord. He himself isn't a leaker, but he gets info from people that do leaking. He tries very hard to do so. Can't get mad at that, as he's a fellow Shadow Brother

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
Eh. I am still really confident Geno is next, but I don’t exactly know this Shadow guy or if he’s done anything notable in the past. I trust Enigma that he may be trustworthy, but for now I’ll just put it in the bin of “possible evidence with a hint of leakage”.

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
I honestly wouldn't doubt that Geno would be next in line, he has been requested since what? Late Melee early brawl? I've never Played Mario RPG so I'm indifferent to Geno but I'm not opposed to him either. I've wanted banjo for a really long time so I know what its like, seeing the leaks, getting bashed on for wanting that "irrelevant literal who", etc. etc.

Since min min basically broke the spirits rule, I see no reason to not include Geno, especially since his mii costume is no where to be found.

Anyway, Good luck to you Geno fans, having Geno in would sort of complete the list of Legacy characters that people have been asking for all these years. Well maybe Rayman too, but we'll see.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I honestly wouldn't doubt that Geno would be next in line, he has been requested since what? Late Melee early brawl? I've never Played Mario RPG so I'm indifferent to Geno but I'm not opposed to him either. I've wanted banjo for a really long time so I know what its like, seeing the leaks, getting bashed on for wanting that "irrelevant literal who", etc. etc.

Since min min basically broke the spirits rule, I see no reason to not include Geno, especially since his mii costume is no where to be found.

Anyway, Good luck to you Geno fans, having Geno in would sort of complete the list of Legacy characters that people have been asking for all these years. Well maybe Rayman too, but we'll see.
Thanks buddy. This is the kind of stuff I like to hear from the uninvested

D

Deleted member

Wow what a coincidence. I just messaged him today as a matter of fact, to see whether his sources were reliable. He told me he didn't want me to put the DM's on here, but long story short, these sources are trustworthy and we should definitely see what they say in the near future. Geno's chances have seriously never been better.
I really hope “Ow the Edge” isn’t out there playing tricks like that MandyCan dude. Welp, hoping for the best though won’t be surprised if he is a sham. Has PapaGenos ever spoke about him?

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Geno Grant A Wish
Geno is Welcomed Back
Geno Follows The Route
Geno Stars In Smash
Geno Beams In
Geno Flash In
Geno Falls Like a Star
>Give It Up a Whirl
It's supposed to be Gives It a Whirl

Wow what a coincidence. I just messaged him today as a matter of fact, to see whether his sources were reliable. He told me he didn't want me to put the DM's on here, but long story short, these sources are trustworthy and we should definitely see what they say in the near future. Geno's chances have seriously never been better.
Apprantly he's from the PapaGenos Discord. He himself isn't a leaker, but he gets info from people that do leaking. He tries very hard to do so. Can't get mad at that, as he's a fellow Shadow Brother
Well now, this is definitely a suprise! Here's hoping it's legit.

QQS

Smash Lord
412E8C1F-E61E-446C-917C-9B66E2FD930B.png

Always sharing Geno and SMRPG Fan Art worldwide. This time is from DOJO_MEDIA on Instagram. All credits for its creator.

:)

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I really hope “Ow the Edge” isn’t out there playing tricks like that MandyCan dude. Welp, hoping for the best though won’t be surprised if he is a sham. Has PapaGenos ever spoke about him?
I don't think Papa discussed about him in one of his videos, but as 7NATOR 7NATOR said, he is apparently in PapaGenos's Discord so the possibility of him being a sham is far less likely due to that, since I doubt he would wanna give false hope to a character that is wanted by an entire Discord server that he is in.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
We know Geno is coming. The question is 'How.' There is a 0.1% chance that his costume doesn't come back and nothing further from him, so we know we will have the costume at least. So when people suggest he is coming, hopefully that means as a fully playable character.

D

Deleted member

I don't think Papa discussed about him in one of his videos, but as 7NATOR 7NATOR said, he is apparently in PapaGenos's Discord so the possibility of him being a sham is far less likely due to that, since I doubt he would wanna give false hope to a character that is wanted by an entire Discord server that he is in.
All right. In your other post you mentioned you DM this dude saying the sources are indeed trustworthy meaning you’ve seen stuff like screenshots on what the sources got right in the past?

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
We know Geno is coming. The question is 'How.' There is a 0.1% chance that his costume doesn't come back and nothing further from him, so we know we will have the costume at least. So when people suggest he is coming, hopefully that means as a fully playable character.
I feel like if people were saying Geno is coming, all for his Mii Outfit to come back, that would sound a little misleading to me. I feel like he is most likely hinting at Geno being an actual character

vivala

Smash Journeyman
I feel like if people were saying Geno is coming, all for his Mii Outfit to come back, that would sound a little misleading to me. I feel like he is most likely hinting at Geno being an actual character
To be fair, as we saw on Monday, leakers are capable of making reasonable assumptions based on what they've heard and turning out to be wrong. I'm still optimistic, but there's always a chance it's not what we'd think.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
All right. In your other post you mentioned you DM this dude saying the sources are indeed trustworthy meaning you’ve seen stuff like screenshots on what the sources got right in the past?
Unfortunately, he didn't give me screenshots, but I can't say that knocks any credibility down since I'm pretty sure their sources don't wanna be outed, much like PapaGenos's Banjo source. However, he told me where these sources have came from and that he trusts them, so I'm willing to take his word on that, especially since he is in PapaGenos's Discord.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
View attachment 279815

Always sharing Geno and SMRPG Fan Art worldwide. This time is from DOJO_MEDIA on Instagram. All credits for its creator.

:)
The **** happened to Bowser's left leg? Also, Mallow is makin' the Dreamworks face.

Unfortunately, he didn't give me screenshots, but I can't say that knocks any credibility down since I'm pretty sure their sources don't wanna be outed, much like PapaGenos's Banjo source. However, he told me where these sources have came from and that he trusts them, so I'm willing to take his word on that, especially since he is in PapaGenos's Discord.
Holy ****, lads. C-could it actually be happening?

7NATOR

Smash Master
Oh I came back to say I probably should have worded my post better. He's not apparently in the Papa Genos Discord, He DEFINITELY is in the Papa Genos Discord. He called me a faker in there, so i was kinda surprised that apparently he knows people that know Inside Info. Kinda jealous honestly. So yeah

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Oh I came back to say I probably should have worded my post better. He's not apparently in the Papa Genos Discord, He DEFINITELY is in the Papa Genos Discord. He called me a faker in there, so i was kinda surprised that apparently he knows people that know Inside Info. Kinda jealous honestly. So yeah
You got me in the first half ngl

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
True, but it wouldn't be technically incorrect either. It gives wiggle-room in case its not 100% confirmed, especially if the one getting the information doesn't receive all the context, which can happen with insider knowledge.

D

Deleted member

Leaks or no, I'm still confident in Geno showing up. He's so close. I know he can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom