• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

T2by4

Smash Lord
What did you guys think of Subspace 2 in Smash 6? Tbh the cutscene with master chief and doomguy fighting was pretty brutal, not sure what Geno was doing on the sideline tho, dude was just chillin'.
lol he's fine.png

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
What did you guys think of Subspace 2 in Smash 6? Tbh the cutscene with master chief and doomguy fighting was pretty brutal, not sure what Geno was doing on the sideline tho, dude was just chillin'.
View attachment 256320
So Subspace 2 is a mode that will appear in Smash 6 mainly focusing on those who were fighting to get into Smash 5...

I knew it!

D

Deleted member

My favourite part of Subspace 2 was when Eight from Dragon Quest 8, Samus, the Fantastic Four and Jet Jaguar all went together to eat at Starscream’s hamburguer restaurant but during the trip over there they got raided by Killer Croc and Purple Pie Man.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
In my opinon, the big hit against Spirits becoming playable isn't their gameplay aspect but the fact that they simply are in the game to begin with. Sakurai's goal seems to be including as many franchises as possible within this one game so making a character who is already present playable wouldn't contribute anything to that. Geno has a lot going for him and I view him as the most likely upgrade by far but I wouldn't be surprised if he stays a spirit/costume...

Also those account bets are freaking dumb. Being wrong is totally fine, no reason to make any bets like this.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
This user was warned for spam and off-topic/unnecessary behavior
The main argument that I have seen is that “Chrom is in Robins final Smash!”

Here is the thing though: all that proves to me was that Chrom was likely a really late, last second decision, and that they didn’t bother to change it after the fact.

And since I bet my account earlier, I’ll double down right now. Just to show how firmly I hold these beliefs atm.

I will permanently close my account if one of the following happens.

>A Spirit or Assist Trophy gets promoted in Ultimates lifecycle

>Cacomallow is real and it results in a playable Geno (Doesn’t count if he gets Mii costume’d too btw)

>Vergeben or Sabi get a deconfirmation wrong on FP5.

If any of that happens, there will be no room for weaseling, I will 100% follow my word and close my account permanently.
Account bets? Are you from ****ing GameFAQS bro? What kind of **** is this.

Fine. You know, i'll COUNTER-bet that if a spirit is not upgraded (Geno or otherwise) I will close my account. You heard it here first.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Okay, have been gone all day and finally caught up and ohhhh boy. All I really wanna add is: was there really any evidence at all that Square Enix only wanted DQ to be promoted with Hero? Like, it feels like something people only push because they want it to be true instead of basing it off anything remotely concrete.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Dude, did you even read my other comments about this whole subject? Also, take a chill pill. I was just playing devil's advocate.
And nothing in my post criticized you for that. It's a logical theory.

I just took that and tried to make an amusing scenario with how that potential mindset from Square could have been defeated in the end. Like announcing that offering a museum a rare fancy gem that gets the best showcase during the day and the museum decides to unveil at 11PM.

And not directed to you, more of a general observation to the room,I honestly would like to know how disagreeing from a hype standpoint about Hero's reveal timing gets assigned the idea that its 'hating on DQ.' 'I disagree to when they showed DQ' will never be 'I hate DQ.'

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I forgot to say one little thing.

If you want to believe spirits deconfirm, go ahead, but remember, not only is that still a fan rule, but you applying it and logic behind it when there is not much evidence that is strong or that it isn't even the case. You are basically going by and favoring your own, self-made beliefs over what is actually true, and by extension, what is not, contrary to what may have happened or what you may think.
And Spirit promotions have more evidence behind it?

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Are we really back on arguing spirits? Isn't it bad enough that we have a Pokemon Direct tomorrow that literally nobody is looking forward to?
Speak for yourself, man. I'm totally looking forward to being disappointed, thank you very much!

Here is the thing though: all that proves to me was that Chrom was likely a really late, last second decision, and that they didn’t bother to change it after the fact.

And since I bet my account earlier, I’ll double down right now. Just to show how firmly I hold these beliefs atm.

>Cacomallow is real and it results in a playable Geno (Doesn’t count if he gets Mii costume’d too btw)

If any of that happens, there will be no room for weaseling, I will 100% follow my word and close my account permanently.
You don't need to do this stupid ****, but okay, you're on. Until then, stop it with your Reddit-tier spacing.

Fine. You know, i'll COUNTER-bet that if a spirit is not upgraded (Geno or otherwise) I will close my account. You heard it here first.
Don't do this dumb ****, for christ sake.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
This user was warned for derailing the thread.

Sounds like a deal to me.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
And Spirit promotions have more evidence behind it? Lol.
I did not even say that. I am saying more so that nothing is confirmed, or set in stone. There is something called patience, which means we have to wait and see. I am not known for having patience in real life, but at least I can apply my patience well in this kind of situation. Whatever your reasoning for supporting fanmade rules is, we should not jump the gun just yet just because a spirit not becoming playable has not happened.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Okay, have been gone all day and finally caught up and ohhhh boy. All I really wanna add is: was there really any evidence at all that Square Enix only wanted DQ to be promoted with Hero? Like, it feels like something people only push because they want it to be true instead of basing it off anything remotely concrete.
Exactly.

Okay now you guys ****ed up, you actually made Franco get mad
Oh yes i am, to be fair i'm just tired of that same old argument about spirits deconfirming characters when spirits are basically trophies and it has been shown in the past that trophies can be promoted to playable, for example Mewtwo and Lucas back in Sm4sh
PicsArt_01-08-08.44.18-1.png

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Christ, we're going to be crawling on our hands and knees begging for death by the time the General Direct rolls around, aren't we?
We’re this meme right now

Except we’re begging for a Direct, and instead of Obama it’s just Nintendo with this image

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Speak for yourself, man. I'm totally looking forward to being disappointed, thank you very much!

You don't need to do this stupid ****, but okay, you're on. Until then, stop it with your Reddit-tier spacing.

Don't do this dumb ****, for christ sake.
It's fine, I don't post that much here anyways anymore so I won't burden you guys with this admittedly childish-as-**** bet.

But i'm just that confident in a spirit coming eventually. Won't go into any more details about it.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

If that's what you want..
geno in tights goodbye.png

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man, some of you are already mad about what is going on here, yet I am calm to the fullest despite what is going on.

Anyway, let us not get over our heads over a video game, okay?

T2by4

Smash Lord

Oh yeah, chrom is in a final smash and is his own character. Forgot about that. I mean, that's just another reason why sakurai can make an exception at any time. Not sure why Spirits can't be any different. I mean, yeah, you're technically correct in the fact that it hasn't happened, but that doesn't mean it won't.

I'm usually skeptical on leaked footage, I even made many posts saying that the grinch leak was obviously fake in the past. Imma be real tho... That cacomallow costume thing looks legit and after talking with many known smash modders they seem to agree. Unless there's one rogue modder that's out there and is better than every other modder but hasn't spoken up yet, it looks very good in those costumes favor. I'm just saying that if you're serious with your account thing, I'd be careful with that bet in particular.

D

Deleted member

Man, some of you are already mad about what is going on here, yet I am calm to the fullest despite what is going on.

Anyway, let us not get over our heads over a video game, okay?
I’m with you, man. I’m pretty chill tbh.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
People are arguing that Geno's spirit doesn't mean it can't be a fighter however Geno is a spirit cause it isn't a fighter, arguing a PNG won't stop him from being playable is missing the point of the conversation, it is a PNG cause it isn't playable not the other way around. (not saying it's impossible, but not super likely, probably a Mii costume with music is happening).

PD: Classic Pit is different than Pit, please use your eyes if possible, thank you
Well, Cloud uses its own Smash Render as its Fighter Spirit, if Geno gets in they could use the same Render as the new Fighter Spirit.
By the way, we're talking about DLC newcomers, so don't bring the base game into discussion please.
By the way, no. I don't love you.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I think one of the main issues with the Geno detractors is that they try to find evidence against Geno when there really isn't any. Sure, it's possible to cast doubt on the evidence for him, but there really is no evidence that specifically says he's not in, just some speculation that his evidence isn't 100% sturdy. Now, I'm one to believe that saying any character is a "100% a lock with no chance of not being included" before Nintendo or Sakurai confirm them is ridiculous. But I think it's also foolish to completely deny the fact that Geno still has some great evidence pointing in his favor and he can't just be easily brushed off with random, made up speculation.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
I think one of the main issues with the Geno detractors is that they try to find evidence against Geno when there really isn't any. Sure, it's possible to cast doubt on the evidence for him, but there really is no evidence that specifically says he's not in, just some speculation that his evidence isn't 100% sturdy. Now, I'm one to believe that saying any character is a "100% a lock with no chance of not being included" before Nintendo or Sakurai confirm them is ridiculous. But I think it's also foolish to completely deny the fact that Geno still has some great evidence pointing in his favor and he can't just be easily brushed off with random, made up speculation.
They just like to hate on Geno, until it happens they're "right" about it. look how they all will disappear if Geno gets announced. if not, they will come back here to **** on the tiny puppet just because they can't afford people wanting something they don't want.
It's just life and it sucks.
Geno is cool, eat a cookie.

Last edited:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, chrom is in a final smash and is his own character. Forgot about that. I mean, that's just another reason why sakurai can make an exception at any time. Not sure why Spirits can't be any different. I mean, yeah, you're technically correct in the fact that it hasn't happened, but that doesn't mean it won't.

I'm usually skeptical on leaked footage, I even made many posts saying that the grinch leak was obviously fake in the past. Imma be real tho... That cacomallow costume thing looks legit and after talking with many known smash modders they seem to agree. Unless there's one rogue modder that's out there and is better than every other modder but hasn't spoken up yet, it looks very good in those costumes favor. I'm just saying that if you're serious with your account thing, I'd be careful with that bet in particular.
I'll take this quick moment to go slightly off topic to say that the fact that Chrom is a fighter and in Robin's final smash is the most infuriating thing because Robin could've had an epic final smash without him and the fact that Sakurai squandered that makes me so depressed every time I think about it.

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
I'll take this quick moment to go slightly off topic to say that the fact that Chrom is a fighter and in Robin's final smash is the most infuriating thing because Robin could've had an epic final smash without him and the fact that Sakurai squandered that makes me so depressed every time I think about it.
Ehh I’d probably not want what would amount to a bigger spoiler than Lucina as an FS (unless you meant something else; it’d better than the Dhaos Laser clone Robin got in FEW anyway lol)

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Oh And about AT, Alucard can't be summoned on Wii Fit Stage because of the giant mirror. So they can disable certain AT if one of them becomes playable.
I really would love to see an AT and a Spirit get into DLC to start reading "Oh it was just a fan rule".
THERE'S NO RULES.. Perhaps only videogame characters... But Sakurai made the impossible and he can continue doing' it.

Geno is cool, drink water.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
They just like to hate on Geno, until it happens they're "right" about it. look how they all will disappear if Geno gets announced. if not, they will come back here to **** on the tiny puppet just because they can't afford people wanting something they don't want.
Exactly! I remember with popular characters like Ridley, K Rool, and Banjo, you couldn't support them without some galaxy brain saying how it's never gonna happen in a million years and were awful picks. Now, where have all those people gone to? None of these characters really got any push back when they got announced, so I can only assume that they're just contrarians that like to prove how absolutely genius they are by hating things a lot of people like.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Ehh I’d probably not want what would amount to a bigger spoiler than Lucina as an FS (unless you meant something else; it’d better than the Dhaos Laser clone Robin got in FEW anyway lol)
Yeah but I mean the game's almost ten years old so it's fiiiiiine.
...Oh my god, Awakening is almost ten years old...

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
I think at this point the only thing I would say is truly a rock-solid "deconfirm" in Ultimate is DLC Mii costumes (cosmetics). Reason is that I doubt creatives at Nintendo, including Sakurai, are limiting themselves to follow norms that they themselves control. Like I'm sure there are gameplay and stylistic decisions game and art directors have set that have to be followed for consistency, but other than those there's plenty of wiggle room.

What characters, stages, and music get to be added as DLC after the base game and initially planned DLC are released is really kind of a flux among fans, Sakurai, Nintendo, and business partners. I bet they don't care if it's slightly unconventional as long as, in order, it fits the game design, pleases fans, benefits brands, and sells well. Just my perspective.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Are we really back on arguing spirits? Isn't it bad enough that we have a Pokemon Direct tomorrow that literally nobody is looking forward to?

Sorry, but until I see evidence that proves otherwise, I 100% believe that Spirits deconfirm.

I will close my account permanently if I’m wrong, among other things.

D

Deleted member

I think at this point the only thing I would say is truly a rock-solid "deconfirm" in Ultimate is DLC Mii costumes (cosmetics). Reason is that I doubt creatives at Nintendo, including Sakurai, are limiting themselves to follow norms that they themselves control. Like I'm sure there are gameplay and stylistic decisions game and art directors have set that have to be followed for consistency, but other than those there's plenty of wiggle room.

What characters, stages, and music get to be added as DLC after the base game and initially planned DLC are released is really kind of a flux among fans, Sakurai, Nintendo, and business partners. I bet they don't care if it's slightly unconventional as long as, in order, it fits the game design, pleases fans, benefits brands, and sells well. Just my perspective.
Yeah. People will argue about characters that already have mii costumes like Inkling and K Rool but come on they put those costumes in there because they were easy to port over and all first party costumes were added in the base game.

Droodle

Smash Lord
There's no hard proof for it; but there isn't anything against it either. It's just a possibility.

I just think it is a better explanation then Square cut out both Chocobo and Geno costumes, because if they only removed the Geno costume it would be too suspicious.

If you look at the past year, DQ has also been a huge part of each Nintendo Direct as well.

Feb 2019: DQ 11S took a significant amount of time for the direct, being only second to Fire Emblem Three Houses in terms of overall runtime. This is not counting the DQ Builders trailer either. It took a whole 3:15s , which is pretty big for what is essentially an upgraded port from a year old game.

June 2019: Hero in Smash kickstarted the Direct, followed directly by DQ 11S on Switch; this took up 4 minutes of the direct in total. Only behind Luigi's Mansion 3, and Animal Crossing in terms of run time. Headlining the direct allowed it to get much more exposure then lets say if it was revealed after something like Banjo. It also got its own section on the Treehouse livestream.

July 2019: Hero releases at a time when no major Nintendo announcements were coming. The DQ presentation primarily focused on DQ, even outside the Mii costumes which is different from all other fighter showcases. I may be mistaken, but the first time non-DQ content is shown off is around 17 minutes in, in a 21 minute direct.

Sept 2019: This direct was the shortest in terms of DQ content, clocking in at around a minute.

So yeah, you can tell Nintendo/Square went all out trying to advertise this game. Overall, it got as much screen time as your average first party Nintendo game, which usually never happens for a 3rd party non-exclusive title. I think it's pretty fine to assume that the lack of Geno/Chocobo costumes could be a result of trying to maximize the exposure to DQ in it's presentation. It's a possibility, but I believe it's the most likely one.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sorry, but until I see evidence that proves otherwise, I 100% believe that Spirits deconfirm.

I find something a bit odd; you are posting on this thread about how you disbelieve that spirits can't become playable, and yet, you are posting on a thread about Geno, a character who is a spirit and, if he becomes playable, will make you lose your bet and get your account deleted. I think you may even like Geno to an extent, despite speaking against him with the spirits and playables thing.

Not to be critical, but provided that you have interests or a liking to Geno, don't you think it is odd that, if you have done any of that, supported or at least talked about a character that, if rendered playable, will make you lose your bet? Shouldn't you have thought this bet through? Just saying.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm fairly confident the Direct will happen next Thursday, given how we got news for the Switch port of Devil May Cry 3 has the date of the 16th mentioned as well. I don't think we have to wait too much longer. Just hang in there you guys

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm fairly confident the Direct will happen next Thursday, given how we got news for the Switch port of Devil May Cry 3 has the date of the 16th mentioned as well. I don't think we have to wait too much longer. Just hang in there you guys
I am doing my best. Even if I have to hang on a very thin and fragile bar over a large canyon or less than a week, I can do it!

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
There's no hard proof for it; but there isn't anything against it either. It's just a possibility.
This is my issue, they're leaning on possibilities too much as to why things are confirmed/deconfirmed. Sure, maybe they wanted only DQ to be shown off in the Hero presentation so that's why Geno's costume was nowhere to be seen, but that's really it. Again, as I said, it's foolish to believe any character is a lock before they're revealed, there's always a possibility of anything, but I, and many others here, feel that the evidence towards the possibility that Geno was upgraded to a full fighter is much greater than the (mostly non existent) evidence that Square just wanted only DQ.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Shaddap. Do you know how many times I've been wrong in my 15 years here? Trust me, there are worse things than being wrong. Just roll with it. At worst people are assholes for, like, a week and then a vast majority of people stop caring. Pride over video games ain't ****. Just have whatever fun you can here without being a ****. It's all about being part of a community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom