• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
What are the recent supposed developments? And I can see how Monokuma could be a big thank you to Spike Chunsoft, as not only is it good representation, Monokuma can pull a ton from all the games in the series. Didn't Fatman say something about fighter 5 possibly being like that for its series, or am I just misrembering?
No one knows, but something dropped that is pointing to FP5 according to Fatman.

Also, I knew MissingGlitch MissingGlitch wouldn't resist that wonderful image by Ovaltine Ovaltine

ganjo

Smash Cadet
Then you got Akira from Virtua Fighter as an Assist Trophy. All that's missing is an ArcSystem character, Sol Badguy, and you got all the great fighting game characters in Smash Bros.
Yepp, that would really complete all major Japanese Fighting Games

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Oi, Danganronpa fans, your music is aight. I can tell I'd really get a kick of the series' music. The two Agustus linked are bangers! So funky, yet with what little I know about the games' themes, they also make me think of the sinister side that the game likely has (I suppose it is a good comparison what with Monokuma being half good and what not... am I right Danganronpa fans? R-right? I get everything about the games now.)

As an aside, I wish more people were open to weird more niche franchises being represented in Smash as I am. I get it, when titans like Crash Bandicoot and Kingdom Hearts aren't represented, it is kinda weird to have franchises like Danganronpa and Katamari. But idk, Smash is so weird that I love the idea of smaller franchises getting more recognition. Like I adore Pikmin, and Brawl including Olimar as a staple chatacter in Smash gave more spotlight to Pikmin and that feels great. So that's why I'm so content with any character from a brand new franchise (especially a less massive one like Danganronpa) because I know that series will automatically become more popular.

Although I must confess, if there was any smaller niche franchise I wanted in Smash, its gotta be Katamari for me (though I have 0 idea what you'd do for a moveset).

D

Deleted member

Rememberance Day to all the vetran's thank you for what you did so we could be here today God bless we will never forget you!

Also Pokemon Sword and Shield week. GameFreak deserves the critism about the games. But do over criticize them and please still support them cause they do deserve it. Also my post about Sabi's source was a joke. I trust her and her source so no worries there. But I am still excited for both and with the new Pokemon, wild area, and Dynamax among other things should be great games. Anyway

Back in topic Maybe Mokuluma is character #5?

Last edited by a moderator:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Man, Danganronpa fans, I'm such a fool. I am, once again, listening to that music track Agustus sent me. I see it is the title screen (or something, idk, it is the first track) so I assume no spoilers will be nearby.

I go into the comments and one of the first comments I see is someone commenting about a character dying. With no spoiler warning. Gee, thanks.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Man, Danganronpa fans, I'm such a fool. I am, once again, listening to that music track Agustus sent me. I see it is the title screen (or something, idk, it is the first track) so I assume no spoilers will be nearby.

I go into the comments and I see
someone commenting about a character dying. With no spoiler warning. Gee, thanks.
My bad! You gotta be careful about that friendo. There is no loyalty about spoilers for that game, just despair.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
My bad! You gotta be careful about that friendo. There is no loyalty about spoilers for that game, just despair.
Oh you have nothing to say my bad about. I don't blame you. I know spoilers are big thing with the game, I should've known better! I just didn't expect one on the first music track! Eh, whatever, I'll probably forget. No worries!

As an aside, would Monokuma be Danganronpa's rep if Smash were to pick one? Is there no protagonist they'd pick? Basically, is Monokuma how Sans is to Undertale? Basically the argument of "Sakurai would pick the main character." The argument people were saying if Undertale got a character it'd be Frisk, not Sans.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
If it's Monokuma, that means there would be two bears on the fighter pass.

Bear gang rise up!

Last edited:

owjies

Smash Journeyman
As an aside, I wish more people were open to weird more niche franchises being represented in Smash as I am. I get it, when titans like Crash Bandicoot and Kingdom Hearts aren't represented, it is kinda weird to have franchises like Danganronpa and Katamari. But idk, Smash is so weird that I love the idea of smaller franchises getting more recognition. Like I adore Pikmin, and Brawl including Olimar as a staple chatacter in Smash gave more spotlight to Pikmin and that feels great. So that's why I'm so content with any character from a brand new franchise (especially a less massive one like Danganronpa) because I know that series will automatically become more popular.

Although I must confess, if there was any smaller niche franchise I wanted in Smash, its gotta be Katamari for me (though I have 0 idea what you'd do for a moveset).
I've always had a soft spot for the Oddworld series. Abe's another classic PS1 rep that's had a release on a Nintendo console (Wii U). Stranger's Wrath is coming to Switch, so Oddworld is now a part of Nintendo's repertoire to a degree. Not that Abe has a chance, but Oddworld is a pretty neat series anyway.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Oh you have nothing to say my bad about. I don't blame you. I know spoilers are big thing with the game, I should've known better! I just didn't expect one on the first music track! Eh, whatever, I'll probably forget. No worries!

As an aside, would Monokuma be Danganronpa's rep if Smash were to pick one? Is there no protagonist they'd pick? Basically, is Monokuma how Sans is to Undertale? Basically the argument of "Sakurai would pick the main character."
There are protags, but they switch each game with the new cast. Monokuma, however, is a constant of the games, always acting as the headmaster for the game.

D

Deleted member

I go into the comments and one of the first comments I see is someone commenting about a character dying. With no spoiler warning. Gee, thanks.
Glad your enjoying it. Hopefully I too can see Danganronpa stuff someday. Also yeah Youtube can be spoil crazy be careful sometimes on there. Keep on enjoying the music sounds great!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Visual novel characters getting into smash means Monika from Doki Doki literature Club has a chance. I completely welcome it.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I've always had a soft spot for the Oddworld series. Abe's another classic PS1 rep that's had a release on a Nintendo console (Wii U). Stranger's Wrath is coming to Switch, so Oddworld is now a part of Nintendo's repertoire to a degree. Not that Abe has a chance, but Oddworld is a pretty neat series anyway.
I've heard of Oddworld! I want to try it someday! But, unfortunately, I hear the remake is bullocks, so I'd have to get the original to play it.
There are protags, but they switch each game with the new cast. Monokuma, however, is a constant of the games, always acting as the headmaster for the game.
Ohhh, gotcha. Without spoiling anything (if that's possible), what would Monokuma's moveset be? Or is he a Sans situatuon where there isn't really a moveset to pull from? Also, what would the franchise icon for Danganronpa be?

(I truly do enjoy engaging with people who are passionate about a franchise I know squat about. I like seeing people's passion.)

AugustusB

Smash Champion
One thing I will say...I just realized. The composer for Danganronpa did some tracks in Ultimate and before!?

Banjo and Kazooie's main theme was done by him.

And before I forget, Geno is a cool dude!

EDIT: AdamBel731 AdamBel731 He is kind of a sans situation. But more than that...I feel his moves would be spoiler-ish? Its hard to say.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Oh shoot, I'm sorry everyone, I realize I am getting off topic on this GENO thread. My bad. I just genuinely enjoy talking about these sort of things.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Ohhh, gotcha. Without spoiling anything (if that's possible), what would Monokuma's moveset be? Or is he a Sans situatuon where there isn't really a moveset to pull from? Also, what would the franchise icon for Danganronpa be?
Well, there are certainly some varieties of the bear armed with weapons, but I imagine some of his moves would refrence certain executions he has used in the games(though likely at a less extreme level and without the spoilery context).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh shoot, I'm sorry everyone, I realize I am getting off topic on this GENO thread. My bad. I just genuinely enjoy talking about these sort of things.
No it's fine we'll still mention Geno but consindering he dosen't seem likely until sometime after character #5 it's okay to speculate. But yeah the wooden doll is cool!

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
If Sabi or vergeben say that #5 isn’t Dark Souls or a Capcom Rep I’m genuinely thinking it’s Sackboy
Huh, that's a weird way to spell Travis Touchdown...

In a seriousness, I admire your admiration for Little Big Planet! However, I don't think you should make that leap in thinking quite yet.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Could Monokuma get away with being a bit bloody in his moveset as long as they make it pink like the games? Would that fly with the ratings people?

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237
Honestly, I just want to see what Sakurai would conceptualise for The Prince's moveset. I've seen a few fan movesets (this one is alright), but i'm sure the Smash team would come up with something unique and different. Using the Katamari would obviously play a major part, but there are a lot of ways to utilize it: should rolling up items or opponents be a passive effect or tied to a special move; for example.

The stage would definitely be a highlight, especially because of the music. I made a very optimistic potential track list before Terry, but I might need to expand it now after SNK blew everyone else away, LOL.
Katamari on the Rocks ~ Main Theme - Katamari Damacy
The Moon & The Prince - Katamari Damacy
LONELY ROLLING STAR - Katamari Damacy
katamari mambo [Katamari Syndrome Re-mix] - Katamari Damacy
Gin & Tonic & Red Red Roses - Katamari Damacy
Que Sera Sera - Katamari Damacy
Roll Me In - Katamari Damacy
Katamari on the Swing - We Love Katamari
Everlasting Love - We Love Katamari
Bluffing Damacy - We Love Katamari
Houston - We Love Katamari
Baby Universe - We Love Katamari
DISCO☆PRINCE - We Love Katamari
Katamari on the Funk - Me & My Katamari
Katamaresort - Me & My Katamari
Katamari Dancing - Beautiful Katamari
BOYFRIEND A GOGO - Beautiful Katamari
Sayonara Rolling Star - Beautiful Katamari
Harvest of Love - Beautiful Katamari
INTO THE SKY - Beautiful Katamari
Guru Guru Gravity - Beautiful Katamari
Katamari on the Wings - Katamari Forever
Lonely Rolling No More - Katamari Forever

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
Huh, that's a weird way to spell Travis Touchdown...

In a seriousness, I admire your admiration for Little Big Planet! However, I don't think you should make that leap in thinking quite yet.
Your right...
If literally every video game character in existence except is disconfimred by Vergeben except Sackboy, I think it’s obvious who our #5 will be...
KNACK 2 BAYBEEEE OH MY GOD

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Could Monokuma get away with being a bit bloody in his moveset as long as they make it pink like the games? Would that fly with the ratings people?
I'm gonna say... probably not? Idk, pink looks so similar to red, and I think that would be a no go. But hey, Sakurai had surprised us many times, so I could be off.
Honestly, I just want to see what Sakurai would conceptualise for The Prince's moveset. I've seen a few fan movesets (this one is alright), but i'm sure the Smash team would come up with something unique and different. Using the Katamari would obviously play a major part, but there are a lot of ways to utilize it: should rolling up items or opponents be a passive effect or tied to a special move; for example.

The stage would definitely be a highlight, especially because of the music. I made a very optimistic potential track list before Terry, but I might need to expand it now after SNK blew everyone else away, LOL.
I think you and I are going to get along quite well. I bought Katamari Damacy Reroll on the Switch and liked it a lot! The Prince would be such random yet amazing addition! Do I expect it? Not at all, but I'm cool with that. But hey, if he were in Smash, I'd be one happy camper (though I'd have to be careful not to camp in the vicinity of where The Prince is rolling his Katamari).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How would y'all react if FP5 was an AT promotion?
It'd completely change speculation as we know it so that's always a plus as most of the characters I want are "disconfirmed" (AT'd, Spirits or Mii Costumes). If there was to be one as well and it's Isaac I would legit cry as that would be such a beautiful scene.
Visual novel characters getting into smash means Monika from Doki Doki literature Club has a chance. I completely welcome it.
Hey if it meant getting this absolute bop into Smash I'm all for it:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Your right...
If literally every video game character in existence except is disconfimred by Vergeben except Sackboy, I think it’s obvious who our #5 will be...
KNACK 2 BAYBEEEE OH MY GOD
I'm liking the videogamedunkey reference!

Whenever someone brings him up, I think of Knack and the Donkey Kong Country Bonus Room theme.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It'd completely change speculation as we know it so that's always a plus as most of the characters I want are "disconfirmed" (AT'd, Spirits or Mii Costumes). If there was to be one as well and it's Isaac I would legit cry as that would be such a beautiful scene.

Hey if it meant getting this absolute bop into Smash I'm all for it:
It's such a lovely song to beat the **** out of your opponents to.

djgwiz

Smash Apprentice
As much as I’d love Katamari representation in Smash, I really do think it would go against the nature of the game.
I know, Villager but the original Katamari Damacy is an art game and I know the original creator hasn’t been happy with the way the characters have been used after his departure from the series.
I don’t wanna see the Prince beat people up :’<
Theres incredible stage potential there tho

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
This may be a controversial statement here in the Danganronpa thread but personally I would really like to have Geno in Smash

D

Deleted member

This may be a controversial statement here in the Danganronpa thread but personally I would really like to have Geno in Smash
What the hell are you talking about? Geno is an irrelevant nobody that only a loud minority of people want! Nobody seriously wants him he's just a meme pick nobody takes seriously and only boomers want. Dummy! :4pacman:

P47

Smash Apprentice
How would y'all react if FP5 was an AT promotion?
  • Ashley or Skull Kid: Would go mental
  • Isaac, Shadow, or Bomberman: Really happy
  • Moon but no Skull Kid: Pained laughter
  • Generic non-Kirby enemies, Nintendog, Pong, and the other really out there ones: Would laugh
  • Nightmare, Kawasaki, or Karate Joe: Really bummed but still happy that speculation opens up again I guess
  • Anyone else: Would be pretty chill about it and happy that speculation opens up again

Last edited:

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
If Sabi or vergeben say that #5 isn’t Dark Souls or a Capcom Rep I’m genuinely thinking it’s Sackboy
Sabi seems to have not commented on anything Dark souls related but even if she has the general consensus is it's Lloyd or Heihachi. I thought dark souls was one of the least likely. And if a Sony rep were to happen I used to think Sackboy would be it as a Sony mascot but the more I think about it the more Kratos makes sense. Kratos doesn't have an uncertain future unlike Sackboy, is frequently used in crossovers if there is one, is one of their most popular characters and series and is just more well known than Sackboy. All over forums if someone asks a question of who is the Sony rep the general consensus is that it's Kratos. Kat is the popular pick but it'd probably be Kratos and now that I think about it when is PapaGenos gonna next upload lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom