• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Yeah if geno got in I guess I'd start fully supporting my other realizable want Isaac, but I don't think I could get into it the same way, I've gotten so attached to our motley crew here I don't know if I can really move on. Yall are the best : ).

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
I've also seen people saying an Undertale fighter was leaked (I seriously hope not). That scares me.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That was a great match! Going into ultimate, I never expected to see a Wario vs. Duck Hunt match in the top 8 of EVO.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
GLUTTONY GOT THE CLUTCH

I'm absolutely chuffed. Dude's an awesome Wario. Looks like he has a lot of fans, too!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
GLUTTONY GOT THE CLUTCH

I'm absolutely chuffed. Dude's an awesome Wario. Looks like he has a lot of fans, too!
Yeah, there are plenty of people here rooting for him. I don't follow competitive that much, but I have my eye on Gluttony.

D

Deleted member

If Geno does get announced, what will you guys do after the initial reveal?
Well during the initial reveal I'd cry. A lot but afterwards? I'd support Phoenix Wright and the Grinch Leak casualties. Isaac and Shadow were done so dirty and Chorus Kids and Mach Rider would've been so interesting.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I've also seen people saying an Undertale fighter was leaked (I seriously hope not). That scares me.
Wait why does that scare you? The only reason I wouldn't want an UT rep is cuz I feel that it would probably spoil things about UT.

D

Deleted member

Also congrats to Gluttony on that very clutch match. I was rooting for Raito but that was honestly a really good match both players did really well.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Man, I always forget how much I love the boss theme that's being played in the background.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Got back on to my laptop, pulled up EVO and ready for what comes! Lets see this through to the end gang!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
They were being coy with this Evo intro. They knew exactly what they were doing lol.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

Y'know even if we don't get Geno revealed today I'm really having a good time watching and reacting to EVO with you all. You all are fantastic. :happysheep:

yakko789

Smash Apprentice
Wow, there are so many people watching the thread right now. I've never seen EVO before, but I have it playing in the background as I work on a drawing. Good stuff.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
God, that Squirtle play is awesome! 36% in a simple combo. Beautiful!

EDIT: 250 plus people in here now? Get in on the hype of this tournament!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Y'know I was rooting for Samsora there but Tweek did really well. Good games to Tweek! I can't be mad that the dude won though cause the dude and I have one thing in common and that's being a fan of One Piece so good games to the dude.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Yeah, the worst thing that could happen to us would be no reveal or announcement, which isn’t a bad scenario at all, just a neutral one. It’s not like Sakurai is gonna walk on the stage, pick up the mic, say “Geno is never coming to Smash”, then leave. So I’m just gonna have fun watching this amazing top 8; there’s no stakes here!

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
If Geno does get announced, what will you guys do after the initial reveal?

Personally, I would have gotten my top 2 picks (Banjo+Kazooie and Geno), so uh, I wouldn’t know what else to do, or what other characters I would want to support
I wouldn't have much reason to come back here, that's for sure. nothing against this place, but I'm a pretty casual player, not like pushover levels but I can't hang with the best online. So for me, the only value I get out of Smash discussion Is the speculation Department. once it starts becoming about gameplay Techniques then it all sounds like gobbledygook to me.

and unfortunately I can't imagine any character that would get me too excited, since everyone who's left that I want really bad is an assist trophy or a spirit. Or the odds are just too stacked against them. so really there's no one left for me to speculate on.

I guess if things start picking up for doomguy, then maybe I'll start sniffing around those threads, since I'm kind of a New fan to Doom. but he's not a character that I would feel hurt if he didn't make it in. I've essentially gotten everyone I wanted that's important save for one or two, so I think I'm just going to be content with a game from now on.

EDIT: Casual might be the wrong word, I still play this game for hundreds of hours, about the fanaticism comes from the characters themselves not the game itself, Once the game is released the geeking out about characters slows down too much for me to find enjoyable here.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
That beginning of the match had my heart leap out of my chest, holy HECK. Also, I'm pretty sad that Samsora didn't make it, but he plays a mean Peach.

D

Deleted member

THAT FIRST STOCK THOUGH THAT WAS INSANE! That 0 to death was so insane. I wanted Light to win cause he's a fellow Fox main but hey Proto plays a very solid game so good job to him on round 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom