• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
No problem with delaying the date of the direct, it would suck to celebrate the inclusion of a character if that same day, many people died.
I don't mean to be insensitive, but it is important to remember that there are disasters every day, often to a very large scale. What happened in Japan is not a small event, but there is not a way to avoid posting on a day many die.

gebi

Cloud Prince
I don't mean to be insensitive, but it is important to remember that there are disasters every day, often to a very large scale. What happened in Japan is not a small event, but there is not a way to avoid posting on a day many die.
I slightly get where you are coming from but is now really the time?

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
If you didn’t mean to be insensitive, why did you immediately proceed to be insensitive in the next sentence? Obviously if a natural disaster occurred in somewhere like England Nintendo wouldn’t be cancelling their direct. But this happened in Japan, and they’re a Japanese company. Take a seat and have some respect for the people missing or hurt by this tragedy.

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
Yeah but you know that Nintendo is a Japanese company, so it makes sense to not celebrate a day where other Japanese died.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I slightly get where you are coming from but is now really the time?
Yes. My heart cries for those in Japan and elsewhere that were affected, but having worked in media for quite some time, I can say with a hard level of certainty that other large events in other geographic regions go completely unnoticed, and the people affected by those events dont even get a voice.
I'm all for a global citizen, but isolating Japan as the only other country than your own doesnt actually create a better tomorrow, which is the goal in coming together after a tragedy.

I was all for acknowledging what happened in Japan, but not at the phrase "it would suck to celebrate the inclusion of a character if that same day, many people died." I don't say that to poke at the user who posted that phrase, it was with good intention. But it does more to cause a longer term problem in only acknowledging the devastation in majorly developed countries with more similar points of policy.

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
Yes. My heart cries for those in Japan and elsewhere that were affected, but having worked in media for quite some time, I can say with a hard level of certainty that other large events in other geographic regions go completely unnoticed, and the people affected by those events dont even get a voice.
I'm all for a global citizen, but isolating Japan as the only other country than your own doesnt actually create a better tomorrow, which is the goal in coming together after a tragedy.

I was all for acknowledging what happened in Japan, but not at the phrase "it would suck to celebrate the inclusion of a character if that same day, many people died." I don't say that to poke at the user who posted that phrase, it was with good intention. But it does more to cause a longer term problem in only acknowledging the devastation in majorly developed countries with more similar points of policy.
I get your point, no problem, this is just that, in my opinion, we can't judge this situation with our standards.
Japanese people are all about their country, they're not interested by the notion of a united world. If 10 people die in Tokyo, this is more important for them than 1000 people in Baghdad.
Is it good, is it bad ? I don't know and I don't have to judge it, they just don't have the same culture than westerners. At the end of the day, the way they handle the situation is not surprising at all.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Pretty sure the Geno thread in Smashboards is the wrong place to debate on how people view world events. Maybe take that elsewhere and stay on topic folks...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Pretty sure the Geno thread in Smashboards is the wrong place to debate on how people view world events. Maybe take that elsewhere and stay on topic folks...
Agreed.
Regaring Geno. I really need to open my SNES classic and get some more appreciation for him.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Absolutely. All we can do is wait and hope for the best of our brothers and sisters overseas.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Yep. It's a slugfest though.

How hard was Smithy for you?
Surprisingly, the first fight was harder than the second. With my team, i always have some difficulties against many enemies, but when there's only one guy, i'm fine. I also played poorly during the first fight. The second was hard but not terrible. But I had a lot of items to revive my characters.

Using lazy shell (armor at least) is basically cheating as it makes you nearly invincible. Try fighting him without it.
Oh, I see, then yeah, I'll try without it !

Solmatter

Smash Cadet

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
This is how I feel. From a business stand-point, I suppose it makes them look very "caring", but if that happened every day in an important area, they would just have to release the news regardless. I have the feeling if we had an F-5 tornado instead here in Kansas, the tape would have still rolled today..lol.

I suppose I'm more of a realist when it comes to death. People die every day in many different situations and there is nothing we can do about it. I'm fine with the news being held off though. It will shorten the time between this Direct and the next by a week or so.

Last edited:

kingkalamari

Smash Cadet
In the chance anyone saw that Japanese fan poll that had Geno at 9th place, turns out it was fabricated completely, made by the fake leaker who keeps making stuff for Lloyd.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Found out about the earthquake last night. Absolutely terrible news, I pray that as many lives are saved as possible and that Japan can recover quickly from this. It's completely understandable for the Direct to be delayed.

As another user suggested, please consider donating to a reputable charity with boots on the ground for disaster relief. Even just a dollar can help if there are many donating what they can.

---

In the chance anyone saw that Japanese fan poll that had Geno at 9th place, turns out it was fabricated completely, made by the fake leaker who keeps making stuff for Lloyd.
I've been wondering this myself.

I understand Tales of Symphonia is a popular game and all and that it got a Mii costume in Smash, but I haven't seen anyone actually clamoring for Lloyd on any site for him to be cracking the Top 5 of fan polls and such. He doesn't have any presence outside of those polls.

It's very eyebrow raising to me. As if he's being botted in those polls.

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
It seems like we will have A TON of spoilers during the next days. And probably MANY TONS of fake things...

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
It's not official, Nintendo hasn't said anything yet about the Direct's new date.

Mr. Trumo

Smash Apprentice
Never played Super Mario RPG, but I support Geno just to finally see him in! I'm sure he can do it!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Splatoon 2 was datamined and they found that its update was pushed to the 13th; I guess it was planned to be revealed during the direct or something.

However, this could just be a placeholder; it may have been quickly changed.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I've heard of September 13th, which would make sense since it would be exactly 1 week after today. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo wanted to get it out sooner.
I would guess sooner. Depending on how things go, could be within a weeks time. Pretty sure they wouldn't want anything to 'leak'.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Sounds like a type of guy who would have a votebot for StrawPoll, voting for Shantae and streaming it, so they could discredit us as a whole. What a bunch of lameasses :/

ShroomEL

Smash Apprentice
Just got home and found out about the earthquake in japan, that really sucks. :( While I tend to see these kinds of situations from a "People die all the time, that's just reality" point of view, that doesn't change the fact that It's sad what has happened, and I understand why the kind hearted people of Japan are shook about this, and why Nintendo made the choice to cancel the direct.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Hum, no. Is it possible to beat Culex without it ?
Using lazy shell (armor at least) is basically cheating as it makes you nearly invincible. Try fighting him without it.
Mario with the lazy shell and Peach with the lazy armor just plain breaks the game LOL
you truly are invincible by that point. My advice is only to use those cheap tactics for speed runs, otherwise you'll possibly be ruining your enjoyment of the game if you're anything like me; might as well use the ancient gameshark codes if you're going to go for the lazy shell gear! :dizzy:
Just got home and found out about the earthquake in japan, that really sucks. :( While I tend to see these kinds of situations from a "People die all the time, that's just reality" point of view, that doesn't change the fact that It's sad what has happened, and I understand why the kind hearted people of Japan are shook about this, and why Nintendo made the choice to cancel the direct.
Japan is a beautiful country, but it must be rough as heck to live there sometimes :(
my condolences to the people of Japan u_u

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
New leak just came out of a still from some form of Smash announcement. The pillows look... familiar.
Any way to debunk this? I'm looking right now, but the camera angle allows us to see parts of the bookshelf we've never seen before.
Sakurai wearing the same outfit is not direct deconfirmation, since he's worn the same outfit for all of his appearances for Ultimate so far.

genosakurai.jpg

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
New leak just came out of a still from some form of Smash announcement. The pillows look... familiar.
Any way to debunk this? I'm looking right now, but the camera angle allows us to see parts of the bookshelf we've never seen before.
Sakurai wearing the same outfit is not direct deconfirmation, since he's worn the same outfit for all of his appearances for Ultimate so far.

....Its true? I would not have thought, but I think some of the people on here broke the code...
Unless, this is a super well done photo shop.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman

why does it look so weird though?
like it looked like Sakurai had been green screened into the image. and it's so bright. funny take on a "Leak" though.
but if it's real and in this coming direct we did get Skull Kid than I'd say this basically confirms Geno with those pillows. but I don't think they would go for the same kind of hint twice in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom