• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I wonder if Nintendo being in charge of picks means higher chance? Sakurai is a bit biased sometimes and pics weird things (Piranha Plant anyone lol?) but I think Nintendo will see Geno as marketable for $$$$.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
I wonder if Nintendo being in charge of picks means higher chance? Sakurai is a bit biased sometimes and pics weird things (Piranha Plant anyone lol?) but I think Nintendo will see Geno as marketable for $$$$.
Seing as how Issac got treated, they probably think another FE rep will get tons of positive feedback and $$$$

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Just because Sakurai is buds with a creator doesn't mean the character will get in.

Even though Sakurai was buds with Kojima, they still needed Konami's cooperation to get Snake into Brawl. Even if Nintendo's President tried to get involved with Smash DLC because of a personal want, he's not going to demand a DQ character with no other options as if DQ wouldn't be a huge hassle to license due to its 3 companies and its composer with issues.

Last edited:

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
wait so we know no why they think geno is a red herring. and that the reasoning they give is complete Bull****

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Meant "suggestions" rather for the wording, but you get my meaning.
Another thing to consider is that we've known for a while now Sakurai is buds with Yuji Horii (Dragon Quest's creator) and there's still that old Nintendo Dream round-table discussion from August 2016 that I've had a hard time overlooking possible relevance to Smash way before Ultimate was ever even revealed.
I guess my point is don't jump the hype gun yet and assume Geno will be it.
We still don't know what's goin' on for sure and it's hard to ignore certain aspects and possibilities that could've made Dragon Quest get the nod.
"Hype responsibly" as the saying goes.

I'm neutral about who in that list is actually it (if true) since anyone from that list of Square Enix characters could actually be really fun and bring something different to the table for different fans.
Geno gettin' in would be cathartic, absolutely. But Dragon Quest gettin' in would be too for not just fans of the series, but people who feel it's just oddly missing among Smash's "video game history" aspect it has goin' on.
Such a friendship certainly doesn't bode well for our chances. Personally I could care less about dragon quest. Never interested me, though I won't deny it's historical significance. I wouldn't lose any sleep if It never showed up in smash though. Then again, I have a heavy bias..

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Jeez everyone is starting to get back on the Geno has really good chances train. This place is gonna be a mess of tears if he isn't announced, and in my opinion Geno has a 50/50 chance.

D

Deleted member

Okay I'm gonna be real for a second. I think the DLC characters will be 4 Fire Emblem characters and a Goomba
This place is gonna be a mess of tears if he isn't announced
I'm not sure if a "mess of tears" is what I'm looking for if he isn't in.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm sorry guys,

But I AM the Overmind

Glory to the swarm!

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
Jeez everyone is starting to get back on the Geno has really good chances train. This place is gonna be a mess of tears if he isn't announced, and in my opinion Geno has a 50/50 chance.
Believe me, most people here already know and are accustomed to being disappointed about it. If we were to stop trying just to avoid tears no one would know Geno, we would not have received the Mii Outfit and we would not have made at last Nintendo and Square remember and talk about him and SMRPG.

For most of us this cause is about more than a character in Smash, it's about a long-term cause, with Smash beeing our next dream.
That's what I think, at least.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Xeno is currently having a meltdown in the shadows. He made a smashboards profile just to dm me saying we need to talk and asking why I said stuff. Then he deleted his dms on Discord (good thing i screenshotted them all!) And accused my source of being my alter ego and claimed Polarpanda is an alter ego because its a different name than on discord, despite my discord literally being linked on my smashboards profile. LOL

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I have a confession to make...

I can sound like Solid Snake...But I am not Solid Snake.

EDIT: Lol PolarPanda PolarPanda is literally Chaotic Good. You must play a rouge in Dungeons and Dragons who has a heart of gold.

Last edited:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
I have a confession to make...

I can sound like Solid Snake...But I am not Solid Snake.

EDIT: Lol PolarPanda PolarPanda is literally Chaotic Good. You must play a rouge in Dungeons and Dragons who has a heart of gold.
Yeah he's throwing a literal tantrum just because I posted some of his "info" publically. Too bad he literally can't do anything besides cover tail. Also trying to get my posts taken down now, too. Nice! I'll share all the juicy stuff in the Star Road discord for all those in it. And DW, I'll always post more updates for you guys :) My family.

xenother

Smash Apprentice
Xeno is currently having a meltdown in the shadows. He made a smashboards profile just to dm me saying we need to talk and asking why I said stuff. Then he deleted his dms on Discord (good thing i screenshotted them all!) And accused my source of being my alter ego and claimed Polarpanda is an alter ego because its a different name than on discord, despite my discord literally being linked on my smashboards profile. LOL
I mean, you could just address me directly instead of coming here to do it. I wanted to speak with you so I could understand what your issue was. I'm not quite sure what you have to gain from all of this.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Attention all Geno supporters:

Geno is in great danger, and he needs your help to make it into the SSBU DLC Roster!

But to do This, he needs favoritism from NoJ and Square Enix to have some common sense.

To help him, all he needs is your credit card number, the three digits on the back, and the expiration month and year.

But, you gotta be quick so that Geno can make it into Smash and dab on all the leakers!

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom