• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Min Min's Amiibo wave was supposed to be in April but was postponed to June. This Amiibo wave was leaked in February but wasn't postponed until after the March Mini Direct.

Alright then. It's just given Nintendo and Sakurai tend to be the Kings of left field it would've been foolish of me to get too excited only to be let down. And in general I get too obsessed with telling others not to get overhyped for the sake of their temper and stress. But who am I to say what others should do with their lives.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
To clarify a misinterpretation on MondoMega, they actually have an individual post explaining that the ONLY inside information they had about Smash is that Sora will not be in.

1m.PNG

2m.PNG

Although, it is admittedly followed by a rather curious post right afterward, but, I will let you come to your own conclusions on that one

3m.PNG

4m.PNG

Just to be absolutely clear how this works on ResetERA. MondoMega would only be "vetted" for this Sora information as it is the only information they are claiming to be privy too. Obviously it's a bit of a safe prediction considering Disney, but we won't know if it is true until the pass ends. However, the user didn't claim to be privy to info with any of their claims on Mii Costumes, that was a misinterpretation.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Assuming that Ryu is real (which I think he is) are there any rumblings of Momiji or Rachel being alternate costumes along with Ryu's retro look from the NES days?

I've been asking a lot of questions, however, I'm very interested in all that's been going on.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Although, it is admittedly followed by a rather curious post right afterward, but, I will let you come to your own conclusions on that one
My conclusion is that it’s obvious to do a character then because it is. Don’t have to be a leaker to know the appropriate times to add content for maximum profits with the holidays around the corner.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So have any of you guys seen this video by Slackerz covering this 4chan leak claiming to know the list of characters Nintendo gave to Sakurai to choose from for the DLC? Interesting thing about this leak is that it was posted in May of 2019 and it has Joker, Erdrick, Banjo, Terry, Byleth, and Steve on it as well as a couple of other dozens of names. Suspicious thing about the leak is that Min Min/Arms character nor Geno was on the list which makes me write this off as fake. But it is to be expected from 4chan.

Hi guys, just joined.
Welcome newcomer. ;)

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Someone on resetera who said Sora would not be in Smash shortly after the Minecraft Steve reveal, with claiming to have actual insider information
You know, I didn't think Sora had a good chance to start with, but nowadays I don't see any particular reason to expect another Square character that isn't Geno.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Regarding Geno vs Sora, I think we can possibly live in a reality where both Geno and Sora get in just like with Banjo & Kazooie and Steve both getting in. It's not impossible for the company double dip to happen if there are multiple characters from that company that are HIGHLY requested by the fans.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
So have any of you guys seen this video by Slackerz covering this 4chan leak claiming to know the list of characters Nintendo gave to Sakurai to choose from for the DLC? Interesting thing about this leak is that it was posted in May of 2019 and it has Joker, Erdrick, Banjo, Terry, Byleth, and Steve on it as well as a couple of other dozens of names. Suspicious thing about the leak is that Min Min/Arms character nor Geno was on the list which makes me write this off as fake. But it is to be expected from 4chan.

Welcome newcomer. ;)
No Dante.
No Geno.
No Waluigi
No Master Cheif
No Dixie Kong
No Elma
No Tifa
No Sylux
No Travis
No King Hippo
No King Boo
No Octolings
No Fawful
No Paper Mario
No Isaac
Though I am shocked they chose Byelth over Edelgard

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
No Dante.
No Geno.
No Waluigi
No Master Cheif
No Dixie Kong
No Elma
No Tifa
No Sylux
Though I am shocked they chose Byelth over Edelgard
Exactly. I only gave it a tiny bit of credibility because of it having Erdrick, Banjo, Terry, Byleth, and Steve on the list as well as it being posted in May of 2019. But what really kills it is Min Min or a Arms rep not being on the list.

Droodle

Smash Lord

Welcome newcomer. ;)
The leak may be real or fake, but it'll always be impossible to tell. The leak is only talking about Fighters Pass 1, so it would make sense why someone like Min-Min wouldn't show up; alternatively Min Min/ARMS rep was an executive decision that got added in later on (meaning that Sakurai had no choice on the matter). The leak does have a lot of coincidences in it's favor though, because I can assure you Terry Bogard was not a commonly guessed character in 4chan; I maybe saw him talked about once until the SNK leaks (since the Fighters Pass started). Oh and it did mention Byleth, when Edelgard was the big meme.

If it is hypothetically real, I would imagine a lot of the "names" from the list would get carried over for Vol 2, and maybe some new ones tacked on for Fighters Pass 2. So even if the leak is real, it barely tells us anything at all; for all we know Geno/Min Min could have been those new characters tacked on for Vol 2. A large chunk of those characters could get eliminated anyways.

That said, it would have been great if people found out about the leak back in Fighters Pass 1; would have made discussing Fighter 5 a lot more interesting. It was 100% for FP 1, which is when the leak was posted; but we don't know if it contains any useful info on FP 2.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The leak may be real or fake, but it'll always be impossible to tell. The leak is only talking about Fighters Pass 1, so it would make sense why someone like Min-Min wouldn't show up; alternatively Min Min/ARMS rep was an executive decision that got added in later on (meaning that Sakurai had no choice on the matter). The leak does have a lot of coincidences in it's favor though, because I can assure you Terry Bogard was not a commonly guessed character in 4chan; I maybe saw him talked about once until the SNK leaks (since the Fighters Pass started). Oh and it did mention Byleth, when Edelgard was the big meme.

If it is hypothetically real, I would imagine a lot of the "names" from the list would get carried over for Vol 2, and maybe some new ones tacked on for Fighters Pass 2. So even if the leak is real, it barely tells us anything at all; for all we know Geno/Min Min could have been those new characters tacked on for Vol 2. A large chunk of those characters could get eliminated anyways.

That said, it would have been great if people found out about the leak back in Fighters Pass 1; would have made discussing Fighter 5 a lot more interesting. It was 100% for FP 1, which is when the leak was posted; but we don't know if it contains any useful info on FP 2.
True, but even for Fighter's Pass 1 I can't picture it in my mind that Geno wasn't at least consider especially since he was in the Seven Squares leak which according to Fatman people got fired over that being leaked.

Pakky

Smash Hero
True, but even for Fighter's Pass 1 I can't picture it in my mind that Geno wasn't at least consider especially since he was in the Seven Squares leak which according to Fatman people got fired over that being leaked.
Really so that is INDEED real?

Pakky

Smash Hero
According to Fatman yes. He said people got fired over at Square-Enix for leaking that list out.
Wow, fascinating. So that's probably going to be a holiday title or something that comes out in early 2021 if true.

Though on the topic of the big list Droodle Droodle has a point in there possibly being characters that were set aside. However if, that is the case why wasn't Steve one of them? I mean from what can be assumed the Enderdragon fight is in Smash still as the spirit is there, though I'm assuming you're going to fight Ratholos or something in its boss arena. So if so much info even vague info was on leaked out about Steve already and he was in talks to be in the game five years prior to release then he too shouldn't even be on this list as things were already set in stone for him.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
A 4chan post that has the entire list of characters that were discussed by Nintendo to be in the pass is the biggest load of bull I've heard yet
I mean the only reason it's worth considering is that it did get everyone in FP 1 right. That said, like I mentioned we have no idea if the leak was an actual leak or just some lucky guess (it does have 40 names, so some are bound to show up and also get in; it just happened to get all 5 names).

Currently though, it's almost impossible to definitively deconfirm; as the leak never claims to know content surrounding Fighter's Pass 2 (so the absence of ARMS isn't super strange). But it's not really worth spending too much time fussing over it, even if it's real (it can't tell us anything right now, besides just surface observations) . It's more of a fun "speculation" thing, rather than anything else at this point.

I think the "leak" is talking more about names/leak filler on Nintendo's end rather than Square Enix's end. Seven Squares was a Square Enix leak, rather than Nintendo. This leak is also missing the likes of Slime, which was also on the Seven Squares thing.

DeltaCrow

Smash Cadet

Welcome newcomer. ;)
Kinda seems to be a too good to be true situation with that list. I feel you'd have to be pretty high up in Nintendo to get your hands on a list like that.

That being said, there are some really interesting names on the list. For one, it got Terry which is a straight up amazing guess considering hardly anyone was expecting him. Two, it got both Erdrick and Luminary which is pretty impressive considering pretty much everyone was exclusively focussed on just Erdrick prior to E3 2019. Three, I think it might have two characters from Hyrule Warriors on the list. Bearing in mind we're getting a new Hyrule Warriors game soon (that not many knew about) it's pretty intriguing that the list features multiple characters from the first game. Four, not the strongest point, but, the list features a few characters that were added into smash after base game (as miis and stuff). To name a few; Leon Kennedy (spirit), Yu (mii) and almost Ezio (Assassin's Creed got a mii).

Still think it's pretty fake, but interesting nonetheless.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
So do you guys think if Geno makes it into Ultimate Square-Enix will allow him to return in Smash 6? I hope so that maybe we can get Mallow in the next game.
Unfortunately very doubtful unless Geno sells in this pass extremely well or he appears in another game as playable. Our only chance of getting him in the next smash after ultimate would be by the fans sticking together on here and pressuring Nintendo and square into using him again.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Really so that is INDEED real?
One of those weird nights where I'm randomly awake but he's referring to this:

In the summer of 2018, Vergeben somehow got his hands on an official Square Enix document that highlighted the seven characters that Square Enix was most interested in implementing into Smash Bros: Luminary, Erdrick, Slime, Crono, Sephiroth, Sora, and Geno. Vergeben trusted this information to a variety of people within his circle, including Sabi. Being the Hot Topic Keebler Elf that he is, Sabi of course betrayed Vergeben's trust and leaked the thing to the internet. The fallout was pretty bad according to a number of testimonials. Verge and a good number of people in Verge's circle lost most of their sources and supposedly a number of people were even fired over it. A user by the name of Krono took the fall for the situation, noting that "he saw himself as a nobody" and didn't want the budding reputations of Verge and Sabi to be damaged. It wouldn't be made public, however, for over a year that it was Sabi who was responsible for the leak thanks to an exposee on Sabi's numerous scandals written by a user named Grapevine. Out of fear of legal repercussions (because it contained personal information of several very prominent insiders), this exposee was quickly taken off Twitter and trusted to a handful of people, myself included.

D

Deleted member

One of those weird nights where I'm randomly awake but he's referring to this:

In the summer of 2018, Vergeben somehow got his hands on an official Square Enix document that highlighted the seven characters that Square Enix was most interested in implementing into Smash Bros: Luminary, Erdrick, Slime, Crono, Sephiroth, Sora, and Geno. Vergeben trusted this information to a variety of people within his circle, including Sabi. Being the Hot Topic Keebler Elf that he is, Sabi of course betrayed Vergeben's trust and leaked the thing to the internet. The fallout was pretty bad according to a number of testimonials. Verge and a good number of people in Verge's circle lost most of their sources and supposedly a number of people were even fired over it. A user by the name of Krono took the fall for the situation, noting that "he saw himself as a nobody" and didn't want the budding reputations of Verge and Sabi to be damaged. It wouldn't be made public, however, for over a year that it was Sabi who was responsible for the leak thanks to an exposee on Sabi's numerous scandals written by a user named Grapevine. Out of fear of legal repercussions (because it contained personal information of several very prominent insiders), this exposee was quickly taken off Twitter and trusted to a handful of people, myself included.
Didn’t Square tell several departments and employees which character are in to weed out leakers something like that?

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
so if MondoMega is legit, Geno is next? Sounds good to me. Right now it seems like Geno, Hayabusa, and Crash are all making it in. I figure the last character slot is between Dante, Doomguy, Master Chief, or another Nintendo character.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
so if MondoMega is legit, Geno is next? Sounds good to me. Right now it seems like Geno, Hayabusa, and Crash are all making it in. I figure the last character slot is between Dante, Doomguy, Master Chief, or another Nintendo character.
I may be missing something, but what did they say about Geno?

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace

Welcome newcomer. ;)
I still don't believe there was "a list" that was ever presented to Sakurai by Nintendo and if there was we know Sakurai wouldn't have chosen Byleth off of this list. I know the list thing is a point of contention, but I still don't believe there's a reason to doubt that Nintendo comes to Sakurai with a character and Sakurai has the power to veto but never does so like Sakurai basically said is what happens.

But in the spirit of entertaining this, it's possible (if this were real) it was just for FP1 which would explain the absence of Min Min and Steve being negotiated for for a long time actually kind of supports this. It's possible that Byleth was forced by Nintendo and FP2 was sparked by negotiations for Steve and request for ARMS which shifted the original list so to speak. I don't buy it, but...it's possible.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Didn’t Square tell several departments and employees which character are in to weed out leakers something like that?
That's pretty standard for Square. They're one of the harshest companies when it comes to leaks which is why the Seven Squares was such a big scandal and why the fallout was so big.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Mate, did you even bother to read my post

Sora not being in is the only info they had. What they “got wrong” was speculation.
I remember reading his posts about the presentation, and he made it seem that he was solid about Chief getting costumed. Then he flipped and flopped all the way to the bank and now we should trust him because he repeated what someone else that was infinitely more credible said? And the reason is because ResetEra hasn't banned him so something it must be true?

Wow, ResetERa really IS this faux elitist forum site after all, huh?

Also guys, I think we found the new Hitagi. Now I'm just waiting for them to actually have more info even when they said the didn't and suddenly Rayas from Grand Summoners is coming to Smash.

People in Smash speculation jump around from potential leaker to potential leaker so much it's like I'm watching a game of Frogger being played live.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
As someone who advocated and insisted that a list existed way back when, that list is Bull. The idea of a list for Sakurai to pick characters from is absolutely ludicrous and should never be taken seriously.

Also, why don't we ask from the horse's mouth gang? YO MondoMega MondoMega haven't seen you here since January, whats up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom