• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
On the topic of Geno's alts, I'd definitely have an outfit with Mallow's colors represented. White with some pink and light blue?

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Oh so a few pages back, when we were talking about buying the rights to Geno, I emailed Square, it turns out they did respond, and they had this to say:

Dear Jeremey,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

Unfortunately we do not support that game. We can only advise you to contact Nintendo.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team

Thank you again for contacting us and for your interest in Square Enix products!
More help and information is available at the Square Enix Support Centre website.
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/
:O

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Interesting... So, they do not "support the game." If only Nintendo would make an announcement that Square sold the rights to Geno...

But, what could this mean?

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Interesting... So, they do not "support the game." If only Nintendo would make an announcement that Square sold the rights to Geno...

But, what could this mean?
I wouldn't be surprised if we emailed Nintendo and they said "contact Square Enix."

SMRPG may truly be lost in copyright limbo. Or Nintendo did buy the rights and they've been keeping quiet :p

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I wouldn't be surprised if we emailed Nintendo and they said "contact Square Enix."

SMRPG may truly be lost in copyright limbo. Or Nintendo did buy the rights and they've been keeping quiet :p
Hope is rising. Not good...

But, I could see both Square and Nintendo unsure of how SMRPG is to be handled. I mean, it isn't like they would bring that game up a whole lot.

Toasterman247

Smash Cadet
NNID
Toasterman

Hopefully, dear god hopefully its the latter. Damn support team leaving us hanging, but hey at least that could mean those two things.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Hey guys, I believes that Geno can actually be confirmed by Nintendo CEO: Masahiro Sakurai!^_^ Once, we've keep letting Nintendo company know to buy The Rights of Geno from Square-Enix and keep him permanently for God's sakes of fans of Geno debuting in all times for life!^_^

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Hey guys, I believes that Geno can actually be confirmed by Nintendo CEO: Masahiro Sakurai!^_^ Once, we've keep letting Nintendo company know to buy The Rights of Geno from Square-Enix and keep him permanently for God's sakes of fans of Geno debuting in all times for life!^_^
Nintendo already know that so many people wants geno back but I don't know why they doesn't ask square Enix to use him but I think the reason why he isn't in Mario sports mix and fortune street because they plan for making him reutern on a perfect game maybe in 2016 (3D remake of smrpg) because he is going to be 20 year old or maybe ssb4 hopefully

Last edited:

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
I wish they'd make a remake, but I heard in an interview the Mario & Luigi team doesn't want to revisit that world, however, they'll see what they can do about Geno and Mallow returning :) So maybe something will happen!

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Nintendo already know that so many people wants geno back but I don't know why they doesn't ask square Enix to use him but I think the reason why he isn't in Mario sports mix and fortune street because they plan for making him reutern on a perfect game maybe in 2016 (3D remake of smrpg) because he is going to be 20 year old or maybe ssb4 hopefully
My answer to that perfect question is that I'll always vote for Geno until it shall be confirmed in SSB4, cuz for example how do you think for my personal favorite character: Sonic The Hedgehog got into Brawl but suppose to be in Melee back in 2001 when GamePros books Magizines joke about Sonic The Hedgehog could've been a playable but, then he's not in Melee at the time! P.S: I hope for best that Geno, Shantae and others 3rd party characters I desire for SMASH 4 and I'm loving it, too! Finally, about 3DS remake of SMRPG, please add Luigi and Princess Daisy as a playable character for (DLC) eShop^_^

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
My answer to that perfect question is that I'll always vote for Geno until it shall be confirmed in SSB4, cuz for example how do you think for my personal favorite character: Sonic The Hedgehog got into Brawl but suppose to be in Melee back in 2001 when GamePros books Magizines joke about Sonic The Hedgehog could've been a playable but, then he's not in Melee at the time! P.S: I hope for best that Geno, Shantae and others 3rd party characters I desire for SMASH 4 and I'm loving it, too! Finally, about 3DS remake of SMRPG, please add Luigi and Princess Daisy as a playable character for (DLC) eShop^_^
Hours later, I've found this perfect video from YouTube on my 3DS XL version, but now sharing with you supporters of Geno for SMASH 4 has desired:http://youtu.be/fCoJ7JUJmag^_^

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
They don't own Geno, or do they not have any relation in Smash? This making me lose hope unless someone clarifies.
I didn't mention Smash in the email, it was a business inquiry asking who I may speak to about the rights concerning Geno, a character that appeared in SMPRG. And they said they don't support that game.

It is an old game, so that could be one reason, why there isn't any info or anything. Customer support can't do anything with it. Nintendo though, has control of it, since they put it on the Wii eShop, but that doesn't necessarily mean Nintendo suddenly has all the rights to it.

Last edited:

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I didn't mention Smash in the email, it was a business inquiry asking who I may speak to about the rights concerning Geno, a character that appeared in SMPRG. And they said they don't support that game.

It is an old game, so that could be one reason, why there isn't any info or anything. Customer support can't do anything with it. Nintendo though, has control of it, since they put it on the Wii eShop, but that doesn't necessarily mean Nintendo suddenly has all the rights to it.
And, like we talked about earlier, I wouldn't be surprised that if we did message Nintendo inquiring the same about Geno, that they wouldn't give a very similar answer. Almost as if the rights to that game isn't even really known between the two companies after this many years.

Forever in Limbo...

Or, you can get your hope really high and predict that Nintendo has secretly purchased the rights to use Geno, Mallow, and the rest of the game character to use in some shape, form, or fashion in the future... :grin:

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
I doubt it, as this image doesn't show anything new.
Did SMRPG get put up onto Wii Shop before or after Brawl came out? I can't remember.
Yeah I don't think Geno's chances would be dead, they wouldn't list a SquareEnix logo if they didn't announce the character yet, that would give things away. And if Geno appears as simply a trophy and Square gets no other representation, the "Geno is property of Square" thing might only appear in the credits.

Also SMRPG on virtual console came out June 24, 2008 in Japan, and late August in Europe. Brawl came out in Japan on Jan 2008.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Plus, the credits are usually just for the characters on the actual box art. It doesn't help Geno at all, but it doesn't mean he is out, either.

iam8bit

Smash Ace

My recommendation would be to search for the appropriate people at Square-Enix or Nintendo who handle licenses/trademarks. I searched around to seek detailed information about who owns which parts of SMRPG, but couldn't find anything...

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
My recommendation would be to search for the appropriate people at Square-Enix or Nintendo who handle licenses/trademarks. I searched around to seek detailed information about who owns which parts of SMRPG, but couldn't find anything...

Same problem I had, seems like you need to find a different route to get their attention. Still no word back from Square or Nintendo for me

Toasterman247

Smash Cadet
NNID
Toasterman
Yeah I don't think Geno's chances would be dead, they wouldn't list a SquareEnix logo if they didn't announce the character yet, that would give things away. And if Geno appears as simply a trophy and Square gets no other representation, the "Geno is property of Square" thing might only appear in the credits.

Also SMRPG on virtual console came out June 24, 2008 in Japan, and late August in Europe. Brawl came out in Japan on Jan 2008.
Thanks, I know that you said it doesn't necessarily mean that Nintendo has all the rights to SMRPG since they put it up on Wii Shop but here's how I like to think things went down, (If they do reveal they own the rights) Since Nintendo couldn't get permission to use 'Beware the Forest's Mushrooms' (Proof of being a cut track in Brawls files) they ended up just buying the rights entirely and that's how Nintendo was able to put it up on the Wii Shop. But that would just be my crackpot theory if Geno does end up in Smash 4.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730

Xigger

Smash Lord
Thanks, I know that you said it doesn't necessarily mean that Nintendo has all the rights to SMRPG since they put it up on Wii Shop but here's how I like to think things went down, (If they do reveal they own the rights) Since Nintendo couldn't get permission to use 'Beware the Forest's Mushrooms' (Proof of being a cut track in Brawls files) they ended up just buying the rights entirely and that's how Nintendo was able to put it up on the Wii Shop. But that would just be my crackpot theory if Geno does end up in Smash 4.
Nintendo's Virtual Console has plenty of non-Nintendo published games, so they don't have to own the rights to sell it, much like Sega or Turbografx games. Square Enix is credited for SMRPG on the Wii, of course.

Like the others are saying, it'll take a bit of snooping to get any real answers. Customer support may not be enough.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
I wish they'd make a remake, but I heard in an interview the Mario & Luigi team doesn't want to revisit that world, however, they'll see what they can do about Geno and Mallow returning :) So maybe something will happen!
Something shall happen all right and here's this video to watch:http://youtu.be/6Boy-f0Pi1c^_^

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
What does everyone think about this leak on the news page?

I'm surprised to see no Mewtwo or Ridley, or K. Rool! It's a disappointing leak, and I hope it's disproved soon.

What has me worried is this:

People say the photoshopper made a mistake here.

But there is a graphical glitch in the E3 build that bolds the line under CPU sometimes, so this faker either paid close attention to everything, or it's real.

Top Bottom