• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot
Any moment where Bowser said anything. I feel like that game gave him a better personality than Super Mario 64

IVIr.G

Smash Cadet
Chiming in here. Mario RPG is one of my favorite games of all time and was the first RPG I ever played. Still go back and play it yearly. Geno has been a favorite of mine ever since. He's been a dream character of mine. Someone who I knew would probably never make it into Smash but I still dreamed of it ever since Melee.

So add me to the party por favor. I pray for Star Warrior's return.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
What is everyone's favorite/most memorable moment from Super Mario: RPG?
The whole Booster chapter was a real hoot, and fighting Culex, and the Axem Rangers, and going through Bowser's Castle the second time.. So many favorite moments to choose from!

I think my favorite part though, was the Sunken Ship. As a kid I just thought it was the coolest, and fighting the tentacles as you slowly make your way to the big blooper's head was really cool!

Toasterman247

Smash Cadet
NNID
Toasterman
There's a pretty solid chance that Geno will be in ssb4 right? They (almost) had the music that pretty much represents him, so I would assume that he has a good chance.

Toasterman247

Smash Cadet
NNID
Toasterman
It really is a shame Geno is under lock and key. I thought he was a super original character, and would have loved to see more of him in games since SMRPG.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
It really is a shame Geno is under lock and key. I thought he was a super original character, and would have loved to see more of him in games since SMRPG.
I'm sure nintendo would have if they had retained the rights. Unfortunately Square doesn't want to bother touching anything of the sort besides cameos or very minor detail.

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
That's a real tragedy imagine the potential Geno could have had if he became a mainstream Mario character.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Square should just sell the rights to Geno but there stubborn. Since there not using the Character they should make him a Character in Final Fantasy Series!

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
There's a pretty solid chance that Geno will be in ssb4 right? They (almost) had the music that pretty much represents him, so I would assume that he has a good chance.
I Believes that's true to speak for itself The more we'll work extremely hard and the Square-Enix might as well to Geno in Smash 4 as a playable character this time around for GOD's sakes!^_^ P.S: Personally, I've (ALWAYS) believes in Geno shall be in SSB4 for better goodness and Good-Mystical-Pure-Luck too, cuz Geno gonna need it,NOW!^_^

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
http://youtu.be/WpR12p7hk4c some one did make a video requesting geno for ssb4 :0
lol, well, I'm glad even young people know about Geno and want him in Smash.

It's hard to say. I wouldn't say he has a solid chance, but I hope it happens. I really think the only reason he has any chance at all is because his fans were so vocal in the past.

And that removed music in Brawl, MORINOKINOKO, was listed after an M&L Partners in Time song. It translates to Mushroom Forest, but since the list of tracks follows a chronological trend, people think it could've been the Toadwood Forest theme from Partners in Time.

Toasterman247

Smash Cadet
NNID
Toasterman
That's a real tragedy imagine the potential Geno could have had if he became a mainstream Mario character.
That would be pretty amazing. Just imagine having Geno as a partner in Paper Mario, or even playing roles like being able to play as him in the platforming Mario games.

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot
I haven't heard nearly as much vocal support for Geno this time around as I did when Brawl came out. This time it's mostly Ridley.

There's always hope for Smash 5/6 though. I think that's way more plausible at this point

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
What is this about Geno is CoroCoro?

Trophy confirmed?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Hmm? Wait what? I haven't heard anything about that. Elaborate
Trophy statement is me being facetious.

The corocoro thing is something that was being said in the official character discussion, and I came here because I am confused.
So, take it lightly as I do not know.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
For the next Kingdom Hearts that comes out exclusively on the 3ds, a Mario RPG themed Traverse Town with Geno, Mallow, Croco, and Heartless versions of the axem rangers and smithy and exor would be awesome. And that's all Square's rights and in-house stuff.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
For the next Kingdom Hearts that comes out exclusively on the 3ds, a Mario RPG themed Traverse Town with Geno, Mallow, Croco, and Heartless versions of the axem rangers and smithy and exor would be awesome. And that's all Square's rights and in-house stuff.

I never thought of those guys being in KH!!! :laugh: I love it!

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Any more about Geno in Corocoro? I don't believe the Miiverse, but I'd be lying if I wasn't looking stuff up all day about the magazine and Geno...

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
If Geno had alternate costumes, what or who would they be?

A black mage might be too much, but if one of his palettes were black-mage-esque (yellow hat, blue cape, black body, yellow eyes), that'd be cool. There is a "white mage" colored Rosalina!

Geno Boost

Smash Master

A black mage might be too much, but if one of his palettes were black-mage-esque (yellow hat, blue cape, black body, yellow eyes), that'd be cool. There is a "white mage" colored Rosalina!
His alt costume should be fire armor search on google geno fire armor to see it. There is also ice or white cape and rainbow cape and America cape and yellow cape and tall blue cape you will find if you search on japan in google

Last edited:

Toasterman247

Smash Cadet
NNID
Toasterman

Funny, I was actually thinking this earlier and was going to ask this. Anyways, I'd imagine one of his alt costumes would be like a Yellow + Black, kind of how ROB had a Yellow+Black alt costume. If by alt costumes you mean not just palette swap, but like a true alt (Like how Little Mac has the Pink Hoodie + Wireframe) then maybe something cool, like a bit longer cape to really cover his body more + Have a Hood pulled over his head. Maybe something like the Organization 13 cloaks, like this.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Last edited:

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Funny, I was actually thinking this earlier and was going to ask this. Anyways, I'd imagine one of his alt costumes would be like a Yellow + Black, kind of how ROB had a Yellow+Black alt costume. If by alt costumes you mean not just palette swap, but like a true alt (Like how Little Mac has the Pink Hoodie + Wireframe) then maybe something cool, like a bit longer cape to really cover his body more + Have a Hood pulled over his head. Maybe something like the Organization 13 cloaks, like this.
That would be cool. Also we don't know if Alternate Costumes have different colors, do we? Wario had different colors for both his outfits in Brawl, I'd like to be a different color wireframe mac, or a black hooded mac :)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What is everyone's favorite/most memorable moment from Super Mario: RPG?
Too many to count:

1. The chandelier fight at the beginning.
2. Toad scolding you for using the chimney instead of the door.
3. Mario's weird way of communicating.
4. Meeting Mallow
5. Mallow punching Croco in the face.
6. Mallow and Mario freaking out before the Kero Sewers flood.
7. Mallow's not a frog! *GASP*
8. Meeting Gaz and Geno's awakening.
9. Pretty much everything about Forest Maze and the events in Rose Town afterwards.
10. The whole Booster saga (especially Marrymore).
11. Mallow's reactions to his stars on Star Hill.
12. Jonathan Jones vs. Yardiovich
13. Shyster's adorable cowardice.
14. Mallow learning he's a prince.
15. The golden statue part with Dodo.
16. The Dodo and Valentina fight.
17. Boomer's suicide.
18. Finally fighting Exor.
19. Bowser's haiku and Geno's pep talk before going into the factory.
20. Finally meeting Smithy.
21. Everything about the ending.

And this is just the stuff in the main story, nevermind all the other things like cameos and music.

Toasterman247

Smash Cadet
NNID
Toasterman
That would be cool. Also we don't know if Alternate Costumes have different colors, do we? Wario had different colors for both his outfits in Brawl, I'd like to be a different color wireframe mac, or a black hooded mac :)
Wow, that hadn't even crossed my mind. I really like how Sakurai is handling the costumes this time around, such as having completely different costumes for characters and not only just palette swaps. Like playing as female Robin for example.

Top Bottom