• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gengar Confirmed for Pokken Tournament!

Which Pokken character do you want to play the most?

• Gengar

Votes: 178 34.8%
  • Machamp

Votes: 31 6.1%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 52 10.2%
  • Suicune

Votes: 57 11.2%
  • Gardevoir

Votes: 56 11.0%
  • Lucario

Votes: 65 12.7%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 72 14.1%

• Total voters
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Didn't Ken Sugimori say he'd love to jokingly add Magikarp into this game? I'm waiting for THAT reveal trailer. Other characters I wouldn't mind seeing include:
  • Anything that floats or flies. (Maybe like Bronzong, or Magnizone?)
  • Mewtwo
  • Rayquaza
  • more oddball types that would be cool in a poké fighting game
  • Lopunny

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Ok it just hit me, this game might just be hella good.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
The roster was cool and had variety but no one really interested me. If Bisharp, Scizor, or someone else cool doesnt get in, I guess Im going Gengar, he seems pretty neat!

Wheres the Lopunny

Wheres the Hawlucha

Wheres the Heracross

Wheres the Genesect/Scizor

Wheres the Aegislash

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I wonder if the Pokemon will play differently based on their stats. Like Blaziken or Lucario being heavy hitters while dying easily, or Suicune taking hits 4 dayz. Also, if this comes on the Wii U, I hope it will come with an arcade stick. That would be amazing.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Cool. Very very very cool.

I still want more fighting-type pokemon to play with. give me hitmonchan, or Medicham.

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
They did a great job in creating his fighting style, I like how he sinks into the ground for some attacks. Hopefully Breloom or Froslass can make it in too, but this roster is super promising already

Vashimus

Smash Master
Gengar's such a perfect Pokemon. Great stats, huge movepool, unique typing, cool design, and no matter what new gens throw at him, he still manages to stay amazing.

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
OMG my favorite gen 1 series of pokes <3 Well I know who I'm maining if Hawlucha isn't in

Seriously when's Hawlucha gonna be announced?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Still waiting on Miltank.

KingCasual

Smash Cadet
So all of Machamp's attacks will be completely ineffective against Gengar, right? I have a bad habit of transferring properties from the core games to the spin-offs.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
So all of Machamp's attacks will be completely ineffective against Gengar, right? I have a bad habit of transferring properties from the core games to the spin-offs.
Foresight is used before the start of every match.

Gengar has always had a place on my team because he's awesome. I'm happy for this.

Now I want some more dinosaurs and the Hitmontriplets. Or a Tyrogue that turns into one of the three in the second round depending on how you played the first round.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
This is the closest thing we're getting to Gengar in a fighting game... Sakurai's loss, but it is our gain... Well, eventually it will be our gain because it needs to come here. lol

I know NappytheGreat is rocking so hard in his chair at this announcement.

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
WHENS POKKEN COMING TO THE WII U? I swear, if Pokken doesn't get an international release......

DestinNotDustin

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5172-3310-2014
WHENS POKKEN COMING TO THE WII U? I swear, if Pokken doesn't get an international release......
They have several Pokken trailers in English. Why go through the effort with English translations if the game would not receive an international release?

Bearin'

Smash Rookie
Warning Received

mod edit: No blatant advertising

Last edited by a moderator:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Gengar looking pretty sick! This is building up to be quite the colorful cast of Pokémon. Still hoping for Empoleon, Zoroark, or Sylveon.

Top Bottom