• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis Results and Shoutouts - Full Results and Payouts UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I'm going to **** you again next time we play mango, get ur scrubby falco who only beats dumb players out of here. bring on the jiggs that gets ***** by a sheik who knows what hes doing.
/****

im so glad i beat you at pound 3, even if you werent trying, cuz now i can talk **** FOREVER AND EVER (or til u redeem urself)

ggggggggggggggggg

Divinokage

Smash Legend
lol at my face.. I get so into it.. why isn't anyone else making facial expressions? haha.

If you don't like the mindset of the champion, too bad guys. =P Why don't you become a champion yourself and show him what's up, hm???

strawhats

Smash Master
Why would u call next and get 4 stocked

just watch good players duke it out lol

i mean... think it of from our views

OK

Im playing m2k having fun causes hes at my level

then a random comes up and its like i call next

now i have 2 play a random who im going 2 PROBABLY ****

instead of having fun playing with m2k etc

i dont have fun ****** people im not m2k

i like competing dawg
I'm glad u still hold a place for m2k as your rival. Add armada to that list too( I would say ss but u seem to but **** him when it gets serious even w/. falcon dittos. You almost 4 stocked him on Pokemon stadium)

P.S. does anyone have videos of friendlies b/w. you and m2k.

DJMirror

Smash Master
If you saw SS vs Hax in crew battle

the first 1 minute of it was sooo **** good

Good **** to Hax and SS

Hax ( i was the asian guy that was suppose to give you and hungrybox a ride back to the hotel but you change your mind later)

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Further evidence of people wanting to see top level pros on the projector
Zhu vs M2K

Kage's face pretty much sums it all up
Kage we are making faces. Its our gamer faces tho not yours (think about PC and his cheek puffing :p)

Look at my bro and I there (Im the one in the hat, he's the one just above me). Game faces are glued on, they just arent extreme haha.

And if you wanna play pros, do what I did. LEt them crash in your room with you and play them then. Or go around the hotel rooms or find housing were pros are staying. I got waaaay better playing pros like Hax and Kage at the end while not at the tourney

powell651234

Smash Apprentice
to me now it is clear...

Best Brawl Player - Ally
Best Melee Player - Mango
Best overall Smash player - Armada (lol, I'd love to see m2k try and place 17th with Sheikh)

strawhats

Smash Master
to me now it is clear...

Best Brawl Player - Ally
Best Melee Player - Mango
Best overall Smash player - Armada (lol, I'd love to see m2k try and place 17th with Sheikh)
Holy **** your username is my last name ( powell) and no m2k is the best overall player w/. his ability to still place well ,regardless of using the broken mk, in both games. He still placed in the top 5 in both games while winning doubles for both events. I actually think that m2k could have won the whole thing against ally and mango.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Chibo, I see what you're getting it, but think of it like this: in this community, the top players are celebrities. EVERYONE and their mom wants to play them. So Mango ***** one scrub, then another, then another. He's going to have to get up eventually, and someone feels slighted, and meanwhile, Mango just wasted his time playing through scrubs, which he can find anywhere, instead of continuing his fated duel with his rival across the country. Plus, you rob EVERYONE of watching good matches of top pros, instead of boring everyone with another 4 stock. Clearly, whoever's set-up it was had no problem watching the pros play, so just let them rock. It really doesn't make sense to enter an arena you can't compete in. There are plenty of players all around with other setups at your level, play one of them.
The problem lies when there are insufficient set-ups and pros think they can sit down and just take any TV. Maybe some people are content with watching pros, but most would rather be PLAYING. If anything, make sure all the pros are on one TV and have them cycle through each other. They're not just, entitled to do whatever they want.

And the bolded sentence is a TERRIBLE argument because what is the set-up's owner supposed to do, kick them off? Then he'll just seem like an a**hole.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Considering he won the most money out of everyone at the tournament, I'd have to say that M2K is the best overall.

Mango, play Brawl for teh lolz.

Ally, I know you play Melee for teh lolz =)

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Pros can't take up all of the tvs.
Scrubs should use their gahdayum brainz and recognize when they should call next.
I'm a d!ck, n when scrubs call next...I just tell them no and me and whoever keep playing. Especially if it's brawl. If I'm sitting down playing pierce or someone I rarely get to play, I'm not getting up or letting him get up to play some wolf who is gunna run n shoot lasers for 8 mins...2ce.

Drako_o

Smash Rookie
[Troll]If you are a noob and you want to play during a tournament then come to a French tournament because there are always like 1 tv for 3 players :p[/Troll]

And I think that M2K is the best players overall too. He made top 5 for each tournament ... it's just amazing.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Reminds me on how I got a ton of friendlies out of Cactuar at E52 because I was smart enough to ask him when he wasn't playing someone instead of right in the middle of playing non-east coast pros he's never played before. Pros will be more than willing to play with you, just don't ask when it's M2K, Mango, Shiz, Armada, and PC taking turns on one TV.

Paff

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to drop in here and say a few things about the whole scrubs-friendlying-with-pros thing.

First off, playing and getting owned can be perfectly fun, although I do understand how ****** people can be boring. I personally was much worse than most of the Melee players there, but I still had a great time playing friendlies against scrubs and pros alike because I took the opportunity to innovate and try to learn how to deal with the techniques everyone else was using. By the end, between those friendlies and seeing matches with Armada and the other good Peaches, I improved a lot and gained a lot of insight into what I was doing wrong and how to play better, and I was very glad for it, even though I was generally getting 2-stocked or worse.

That said, there are obviously some good reasons for pros to sometimes restrict themselves to playing other pros. The projector example is a good one. Being flooded by scrubs when they really want to play another pro (such as Mango vs M2K) is another. However, to completely deny any scrubs from ever playing friendlies with pros is ridiculous. It's a good chance to help them improve and get to pro status at some point in the future, and rejecting them outright purely on the basis of their skill/fame is rather rude/elitist.

Oh, and obviously scrubs should try to be aware of when pros will want to play other pros and not ask at those times. Although it can be difficult if you don't know what most of the pros look like. :p

tl;dr:
- It can be very fun to play against people who **** you.
- There are times when it's best for pros to only play other pros.
- Most of the time pros should allow some scrubs to play with them.

strawhats

Smash Master
exactly my point... does anyone know how ****ing difficult it is to change your playstyle on the fly and still be ably to **** the way he does. If he weren't playing brawl while keeping up w/. melee he would still be #1, not tied w/. armada for #2, in the world.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Armda looks **** in the pic.

Also, wtf happend to Colbol? That kid is just awesome, but he lost to...
Atleast Chops did good!

Armada and aniolas is the shiz in teams! Good **** for kicking Hbox and Hax to losers =D

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LMAO kage u get so into it

wow victra.... sooyoung *****...

her haircut is amazing

i really thought she was the least cute before

but her haircut is too good

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I have quite a few people I have to thank here

Texas: You guys are all really cool, I'm really glad I stumbled on you guys the first night not just because you let me sleep on your floor but because I had a ton of fun hanging out with you guys.
Dojo you're my homeboy,
Rayzer - you are too good for a 12 year old using a wii remote haha, also we have the best team ever,
Zac - You are a super chill guy, thanks for letting me hang with you guys and letting me get towels in your name haha. Cosmos - I don't think I laughed harder than when you tried to get Dphat off the bed, you're cool.
Bill (I think, crap) thanks for the education on alcohol haha you were a ton of fun hanging out with.
Hylian - You're cool too.

Puerto Rico - I had such a fun time with you guys and you are all super nice.
Eval - You are my Puerto Rican homeboy, we'll hook up on facebook later.

Zoap - Thanks for sacrificing your time and driving people (including me) in between the BART and hotel

SamuraiPanda - You are so cute. I had such a great time hanging out with you. You are such an understanding person and you are awesome for being a TO even though you didn't plan to be. ...and thanks for the idea, as you can see it worked.

Kage - You are hilarious and awesome. Thanks for letting me **** your root beer at In n Out.

Cactuar - Thanks for the Marth help it was like having "Ask Cactuar stuff ...about stuff" right in my pocket. And for letting me use your tag haha.

Mango - Good job on winning melee. Too bad we couldn't get a ride to the beach. Oh well, they said it sucked anyways. I'll teach you the female spacing sometime ;)

DaShizWiz - I'll message you when I get the dance up on youtube. You're cool and thanks for signing that piece of paper for my friend, he really appreciated it and really likes your playing.

DJ Nintendo - Mmm, you are so mad cute. I still think it's crazy that I saw you at the M&M store in NY and then I see you at a super smash bros tournament. Unlucky on the Cali ladies, at least Warrior got to keep you warm at night haha. Quit. You guys are the DI masters though so it's alright. lol at rackteesy distracting you guys during our conversation.

Lunin - No thanks to you for not taking my ten dollars in exchange for losing our pool matches lmao

Mew2King - I'm so glad that you appreciated my help ;) hahaha But really, you're a funny kid and you are crazy smart/stupid. Remember, hold the 'end' button for three seconds to turn on your phone. I'm glad you got to your flight on time because I don't know what we would have done haha.

Brdy - Thanks for teaming with me even though I stunk it up. I'm not much of a team player but I appreciate you doing anyways. Although milktea/brdy double peach would have been pretty ****.

Milktea (AKA Team M2k's Parents) - We sure did M2K a big favor, we rock. It was cool hanging out and talking with you. Plus we looked fabulous in our American Eagle jeans together.

Alukard - I'm glad you got to go home, I definitely put down some dough to get you there. Seriously, that was pretty cool to see the community come together to help each other out.

Oats - You are so cute even when unkept.

Caotic - Ahhh ^_^ Cao cuuuute.

Sheridan - I can't thank you enough for your help. I seriously would have spent the night on the street if it wasn't for you. You are a really nice guy. Thanks a ton!

Sheen - Thank you for housing me in my moment of despair!

NorCal - A sarcastic thank you to you guys for the pro housing....besides Sheen

Speaking of sarcastic housing - CubaisDeath - You were super cool to talk to at In n Out, it would have been cool staying at your house but I can understand the parent johns. Also, you say hella a lot, I thought that was cool.

DBR - Sick tournament. Good job guys.

Cooking crew - Thanks for the delicious food.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
No, I had plans/housing but they fell through the week of Genesis. Although you were a solid backup, thanks pocky. I just didn't want to bug you since I thought it would have been too much trouble for you but I appreciated the offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom