• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[General/Social]Pac West Around the World Thread

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
Every character boards has one of these and I rather enjoy the ones I am apart of. I feel like it would be acceptable and fun to make one of these to have a thread to talk about nonsense or whatever with all the pac west homies.

Don't SPAM and have fun.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I like how you immediately follow up "Don't SPAM" with a double post. Anyways, I have nothing against the existence of this thread, so I'll leave it open, at least for the moment.

joeplicate

Smash Master
dude around the world

is probably the most intense game known to man
it's like condensing a whole tournament experience into one ultra-salty 7 hour marathon session with every character and stage

**** is mad hype

also i got to see my favorite guy ever
BOBBY SCARDUZIO ;]

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I love around the world.

Except when people do super dumb **** like camp the sides on MKII with Ness and spam PK Flash and PK Fire. Though I do still kind of love that because that salt is what makes it as amazing as it is.

joeplicate

Smash Master
aw miles i'm sorry it was too late for you to come today

but you are absolutely trippin about the ness in reference!
those blatant PK flashes, on the side of mario kingdom 2?
nobody else could have pulled them off with such vigor and finesse

DJMirror

Smash Master
Dude when you're yoshi and you're on Jungle Japes or Poke Float

**** is sooo dumb

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
idk about you guys but Ness and the Links are also horrible for around the world

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
I forget who they were playing against but I remember Dave/Cam getting stuck on Bowser/DK for like 15 matches, in a game of doubles Around The World.

MacD

Banned via Administration
what we decided is you just lose all the same stages/items and just vary the starting positions

first we did opposite corners, then we did left vs right corners, i think we might have even done top vs bottom once. i was almost thinking everyone should start middle or something but that could get confusing/hard

we only had a short phase with that and it's been so long, so it's hard to say what is most "fair"

also, we decided that coming from the left you are zelda, coming from the right you are sheik just to keep things consistent when doing any for of around the world

damn, now i want to play around the world

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I definitely think teammates should start from opposite corners. The rule I was thinking more about is how you advance. Do both teammates advance or just one? If one, which one and who chooses? The 'obvious' choice is that both advance, but then it would last about half as long as an FFA around the world. My idea is that you only advance if you didn't lose all your stocks, so if you stole or ran out but your team won, you don't advance, only your teammate. A fun idea is that the other team gets to pick which one advances, but they could just keep one guy on Bowser the whole time which would be dumb.

joeplicate

Smash Master
but then it would last about half as long as an FFA around the world
dude that's still like a good 10 hours

we ought to mess around with different formats of around the world, like items, stage timers, coin battle???, etc

it seems like different regions have their different style
didn't phil, brandon, and peter originally do it with sudden death and a 2:00 timer, with 2 or 3 lives?

worth looking into though, cuz around the world is ****in tight

also, we really ought to establish some solid rules for mario party drinking games :)

MacD

Banned via Administration
we do 2 stocks, 2 min, all stages on random, all items on high, must use a tag, no camping (few characters we let slide)

we did the same for teams and both advance at once, but different ways of advancing could be cool.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
We had just been doing it as 4 stock FFA, no items, most 'fun but banned' stages on (e.g. no Brinstar Depths/Big Blue, but yes Flatzone/MK1/2). I remember playing with Brandon and Phil though it would be 2 min time, every stage except Temple and Yoshi 64, can't remember if/which items were on. That way definitely doesn't take as long, for better or worse.

Top Bottom