• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Here's the catch.
You can only use it on Mii Swordfighter.
Cool with Mii
I've already made a human..ish Ridley that's allllllllll for stabbing things
2015-10-23 01.15.09.png

He has a thing to stab with on his tail as a dragon how could not want to stab things as a person
Stabing upclose, Stabbing from a-far, a gun that shoots knifes, shrapnel bombs .... only the shrapnel is KNIVES

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Wait we're talking Sentai characters?

Cmon. there is a first party option. And he is a badass. And he has uber moveset potential. And he has an awesome theme song. And no one else should be in front of him because bias

this is the part where im told he isnt sentai or something
and that is ignoring Capcom's dude
It was actually a Power Rangers conversation.
If that becomes Sentai for the fun of it, it must stay ambiguous to remain true to the rangers, or the belief in them.
Because they have no hope.
My favorite choice for a fighting game, has no hope...
Go..*tear* go...*double tear*.... power rangers....

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
*double again, apologies on phone posting*

There is a horrifically dark joke here. . .but im slightly worried it's infraction worthy :laugh:

So instead i'll say:
still more in character that jet heel and a ****ing whip ZSS
I would bet that the next game ZSS is in has her using at least one of the two of those items. Just you wait...

Art mimics life mimics art...

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Would it be possible if we got one or two more Pokémon newcomers for this Smash? It just seems weird that in previous games, we got two or more, yet in this iteration, we only got one Pokémon newcomer. Why is that? Does Sakurai have a difficult time getting permission to use Pokémon from TPC?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Would it be possible if we got one or two more Pokémon newcomers for this Smash? It just seems weird that in previous games, we got two or more, yet in this iteration, we only got one Pokémon newcomer. Why is that? Does Sakurai have a difficult time getting permission to use Pokémon from TPC?
Well, later Generations don't have nearly as standout Pokemon since Gen IV itself. Greninja was lucky on our part, but since Lucario, the really highly popular ones are pretty low. The starters are somewhat there, but not even the Legendaries are starting to stand out much. And even then, yeah, TPC/GF/whoever the last one was is another problem. Sakurai has to cater to them too, which explains the "latest Generation heavily as Pokeball Pokemon and Trophies". It happens to other series too, of course, but Pokemon is most notable for this anyway. Showing off the latest stuff is just general marketing, of course. It's a simple form of advertisement in some cases.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I have opinions on this.

...I have been vocal.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
The Pokemon Company are VERY protective of their IP. Sakurai's said they're rather difficult to negotiate, I believe he even stated some of the third-parties were easier to obtain than Pokemon characters. Unlike other characters from Nintendo companies, who Sakurai can mostly be able to add in with little to no restain, TPC has to approve of EVERY SINGLE Pokemon stage, character, item, moveset, trophy, music... everything Pokemon. And from what I've read, they usually don't. In the end, what we get are characters that TPC will push as mascots for their franchise.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
The Pokemon Company are VERY protective of their IP. Sakurai's said they're rather difficult to negotiate, I believe he even stated some of the third-parties were easier to obtain than Pokemon characters. Unlike other characters from Nintendo companies, who Sakurai can mostly be able to add in with little to no restain, TPC has to approve of EVERY SINGLE Pokemon stage, character, item, moveset, trophy, music... everything Pokemon. And from what I've read, they usually don't. In the end, what we get are characters that TPC will push as mascots for their franchise.
Ugh. Really?! That's so lame. There goes my hopes of getting Sceptile into Smash. Even if Sakurai somehow, miraculously picked him from the ballot, TPC and Game Freak would just force him to use Blaziken or a more popular Pokémon instead... I'm really starting to dislike the Pokémon Company now. Not letting Yoshi's Woolly World costumes function with the Pokémon amiibos, only approving the most popular Pokémon to be in Smash, and giving the Pokémon costumes in Super Mario Maker generic sounds and effects. Pokémon could be so much better in the hands of another developer/company.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I believe he even stated some of the third-parties were easier to obtain than Pokemon characters.
No. Never said that. We have exactly one source where he explains anything related to Pokemon.
http://www.nowgamer.com/pokemon-in-super-smash-bros-how-theyre-selected/

Unlike other characters from Nintendo companies, who Sakurai can mostly be able to add in with little to no restain
I agree he can nearly pick what he wants- but he has stated that he must acquire the freedom with third parties to do anything he wants, essentially. There was a source recently posted to this, by oni I believe, regarding third party characters.

TPC has to approve of EVERY SINGLE Pokemon stage, character, item, moveset, trophy, music... everything Pokemon. And from what I've read, they usually don't. In the end, what we get are characters that TPC will push as mascots for their franchise.
Please source this.

As far as I'm aware, Sakurai has said:

“Well first of all, we talk with the Pokemon company,” explained designer Masahiro Sakurai when we put the question to him. “What’s the hot Pokemon? What Pokemon are in the movies right now? And really do a lot of research on that front.

“For example, X and Y are coming out – of course, we haven’t done any market research because they’re not out yet, but we look at the animated series or movies and anything like that and again, find out which ones are going to be central to any of conversations in Pokemon going forward.

ADVERTISING

“But it’s not just that – going back to just what we talked about, what’s unique about them? Where do they fit in with the rest of everything else? What do they have? It’s a combination of those things.”
EDIT: The 'advertising' is actually an ad in the page I cited...but its so hilarious in where it is above, and fits so well as it stands, I could not correct it.

It is the most upsetting thing about Pokemon; though I wonder how much Sakurai pushes back to try to capture the essence of Pokemon. If only he would implement my trainer idea... ugh.

SuperSceptile15 SuperSceptile15 The words above are, to my extensively attempted research, the most Sakurai has ever said in English on the matter of Pokemon (other than Greninja, specifically). Take from it what you will.
It does not explicitly mean that Pokemon cannot be chosen from past iterations, or if a new idea comes into his noggin. As far as what his statements mean to ME- he still based Greninja's moveset off of a design, and nothing else at all. He still has quite a number of liberties he could take, if he desired.
Sceptile is also going to be featured as Ash's Pokemon again, isn't he? I am unfortunately saddened by the likelihood that he will have Charizard/Greninja/Sceptile all in stow at once, and that this may become a thing for the character, completely screwing Squirtle and Bulbasaur (not that I actually watch the show now).
--I wrote a long article once purveying Sceptile in Smash. There was a whole Section regarding why Blaziken, the Blazing Chicken, is not a better option. It worded it better, but I do personally believe Blaziken inherently offers nothing that CF does not- even if they could of course be different. Ultimately though, Ash doesn't have a Blaziken, which means it was never the most pushed/won't be now.
--I'm not a fan of TPC either, all fans have wanted is a free roaming RPG. Perhaps Pokken is a step in that direction regarding the fighting, but it is not satisfying as an MMO (as it is not one).

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
There is a horrifically dark joke here. . .but im slightly worried it's infraction worthy :laugh:

So instead i'll say:
still more in character that jet heel and a ****ing plasma whip ZSS
Yeah.
He made her more badass.
:4wario2:
Where's my shoulder ram
Where's my pile driving
Where's my godly throws
Where's my BUTT SMASH
Where's setting-myself-on-fire-and-ramming-through-everything?!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Yeah.
He made her more badass.
:4wario2:
Where's my shoulder ram
Where's my pile driving
Where's my godly throws
Where's my BUTT SMASH
Where's setting-myself-on-fire-and-ramming-through-everything?!
On the Virtual Boy, where I believe the first game of the series was given to him.
...or rather, the first of the series to not rely on Mario in the title.

EDIT: Isn't the Garlic thing a direct Warioland reference?

Last edited:

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
problem is if alot of characters are done in a way that perfectly fits thier games, then alot more characters woudl be unbalanced or curb stomped by other characters.
for instance in pokemon charizard and greninja woudl get stomped alot harder by pikachu, Robin, and other thunder attacks. [though come to think of it Elemental weaknesses added to the game COULD be an interesting mode addition.]

As for pokemon id want to see included, my fave is already impossibel due to Already being an assist and the no transforming rule. And its a pretty obviouse one if ya see my signature.
[shameless Eevee fan is shameless]
Im just glad that as much of a fan as I am, we dont need to worry about the MLP cast hopping into smash brothers -laughs-
cause now THAT would be messed up.
"And the winner is.. Twilight Sparkle!"
'I did everythign by the book'
speaking of the idea, are there any threads for JOKE ideas for characters?

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
On the Virtual Boy, where I believe the first game of the series was given to him.
...or rather, the first of the series to not rely on Mario in the title.

EDIT: Isn't the Garlic thing a direct Warioland reference?
Well, yes, though saying Wario Land 1 relied on the mario title is like saying Yoshi's Island relied on it.
And do you mean the garlic that is only touched on by one custom move?
Yeah that's been a staple of Wario since he started having his own role as HP restoration in the games that use HP, even referenced in Mario Spin-offs like Superstar Baseball and I THINK Mario Party 4 in one of his presents.

However, Wario was the 3rd most requested veteran for Melee, predating any of the Warioware titles.
And the only "moves" from his actual action/platformer titles are his spinning throw, which he shares with the other Mario Bros. (even though Wario technically isn't related), jab combo, kinda f-tilt, and ARGUABLY up-tilt.

I'd feel a lot better about the moveset if you just gave him the shoulder ram as a dash attack or f-smash, his f-throw be special and based on the actual charge throw (since DK gets the Cargo hold this isn't unspoken), and replace his d-air with a ground pound that's a spike that launches him down, akin to say :4tlink:'s.

Last edited:

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
My familly just started a series a of jokes that I have to add here. The idea of Star wars costumes or characters in smash.
Mom was talking about how awesome it would be to see Darth Vader join smash brothers, which lead to emperor pikachu [Palpachu!] and Kirby in the vader mask.
[insert random joke about all the wolf fans loosing thier minds if Krystal gets added to Smash bros and wolf becomes a Mii gunner costume.]

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
No. Never said that. We have exactly one source where he explains anything related to Pokemon.
http://www.nowgamer.com/pokemon-in-super-smash-bros-how-theyre-selected/

I agree he can nearly pick what he wants- but he has stated that he must acquire the freedom with third parties to do anything he wants, essentially. There was a source recently posted to this, by oni I believe, regarding third party characters.

Please source this.

As far as I'm aware, Sakurai has said:

EDIT: The 'advertising' is actually an ad in the page I cited...but its so hilarious in where it is above, and fits so well as it stands, I could not correct it.

It is the most upsetting thing about Pokemon; though I wonder how much Sakurai pushes back to try to capture the essence of Pokemon. If only he would implement my trainer idea... ugh.

SuperSceptile15 SuperSceptile15 The words above are, to my extensively attempted research, the most Sakurai has ever said in English on the matter of Pokemon (other than Greninja, specifically). Take from it what you will.
It does not explicitly mean that Pokemon cannot be chosen from past iterations, or if a new idea comes into his noggin. As far as what his statements mean to ME- he still based Greninja's moveset off of a design, and nothing else at all. He still has quite a number of liberties he could take, if he desired.
Sceptile is also going to be featured as Ash's Pokemon again, isn't he? I am unfortunately saddened by the likelihood that he will have Charizard/Greninja/Sceptile all in stow at once, and that this may become a thing for the character, completely screwing Squirtle and Bulbasaur (not that I actually watch the show now).
--I wrote a long article once purveying Sceptile in Smash. There was a whole Section regarding why Blaziken, the Blazing Chicken, is not a better option. It worded it better, but I do personally believe Blaziken inherently offers nothing that CF does not- even if they could of course be different. Ultimately though, Ash doesn't have a Blaziken, which means it was never the most pushed/won't be now.
--I'm not a fan of TPC either, all fans have wanted is a free roaming RPG. Perhaps Pokken is a step in that direction regarding the fighting, but it is not satisfying as an MMO (as it is not one).
Actually, the Sceptile in the XY&Z saga is owned by a different character named Sawyer. He's supposed to be one of Ash's rivals in the Kalos saga along with Alain. And yes, I also think that Blaziken would be a worse choice for Smash than Sceptile and would not offer much new, but never underestimate TPC's bias. They could easily ignore our pleas if they wanted to since they always seem to push the most popular Pokemon. Sure, Ash never owned a Blaziken, but he never owned a Lucario either, and look at how popular that Pokémon is. Anyways, I'm just going to have to hope for the best in the December 2015 Direct. Honestly, regardless of what happens, it will still create a lot of hype and it will be fun to have more stuff to discuss, as well as seeing everyone's reactions on this site, 4chan, GameFAQS, etc.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
My familly just started a series a of jokes that I have to add here. The idea of Star wars costumes or characters in smash.
Mom was talking about how awesome it would be to see Darth Vader join smash brothers, which lead to emperor pikachu [Palpachu!] and Kirby in the vader mask.
[insert random joke about all the wolf fans loosing thier minds if Krystal gets added to Smash bros and wolf becomes a Mii gunner costume.]
It's awesome that you discuss this with your family.

Actually, the Sceptile in the XY&Z saga is owned by a different character named Sawyer. He's supposed to be one of Ash's rivals in the Kalos saga along with Alain. And yes, I also think that Blaziken would be a worse choice for Smash than Sceptile and would not offer much new, but never underestimate TPC's bias. They could easily ignore our pleas if they wanted to since they always seem to push the most popular Pokemon. Sure, Ash never owned a Blaziken, but he never owned a Lucario either, and look at how popular that Pokémon is. Anyways, I'm just going to have to hope for the best in the December 2015 Direct. Honestly, regardless of what happens, it will still create a lot of hype and it will be fun to have more stuff to discuss, as well as seeing everyone's reactions on this site, 4chan, GameFAQS, etc.
Sakurai is not at the mercy of TPC. His statements about Greninja quite directly show how he feels about certain characters. His own liberties are absolutely allowed when it comes to Pokemon, just like any other character.
He chose Squirtle and Ivysaur for Trainer- and while I will, all the time, debate that the original starters will forever be the most iconic, adding the Trainer in the previous game obviously meant something. It may have been based on Gen1 because of Origins (I doubt it), it may have been to make Charizard the star (though if his intention were just to add Charizard, he would have done so then).
Or, he could add Blaziken. I just don't think that is what would happen.
But why not? It's one of few Pokemon I hate, and I think the roster and representation for Pokemon is the worst it has ever been in any game.

"Greninja, even before his name was decided I received several illustrations. I took them home in the evening and around midnight I had already done all his actions, normal moves, special moves and pose-pictures and sent them around asking “What do you think?”.
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/12/3...he-inclusion-of-greninja-in-super-smash-bros/

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Or, he could add Blaziken. I just don't think that is what would happen.
But why not? It's one of few Pokemon I hate, and I think the roster and representation for Pokemon is the worst it has ever been in any game.
Yes! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. The playable Pokémon representation is indeed very disappointing to me. Mostly Pokémon from Gen 1, no Grass-type, only one Pokémon newcomer even though there were at least two in previous Smash games. It really irritates me when I see people say, "We don't need more Pokémon in Smash! There are already too many!" It's like they can't understand why we aren't satisfied. Oh. And I hate Blaziken, too! I didn't know we had this much in common.

Last edited:
"We don't need more Pokémon in Smash! There are already too many!"
This argument and "too many mario characters" will always make me laugh. Everytime. Pokemon and Mario are some of the biggest franchises in history and mario is even the mascot. I really don't care for the rep argument but the though of those 2 going over budget will only be able to make me laugh.

(because this topic lasted 2 posts in Nintenzone and my 90+ song playlist of over 24 hours is still too small. . .)
Music DLC! or at least music that would accompany DLC

Note: some do not fit the character (looking at you Ridley) but are just awesome songs.

Wonder Red (if someone has an extended version please give it to me. This song is to good to only play once.)
Wonder Red 2

Banjo
Banjo 2

Phoenix (because this has to be there)
Phoenix 2
Phoenix 3
Phoenix 4

Viridi (fun fact. this does not play on the smash bros stage "Rest Bomb Forest." My favorite song in the game and they do this to me)
Viridi 2

Sora
Sora 2
Sora 3

Ridley
Ridley 2

And the best of the best
Agnes
Edea
Agnes 2
Edea 2

and another song that is too good for smash (too long as well)
because Bravely music is that good

too bad none of them will be in the game :')

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Yes! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. The playable Pokémon representation is indeed very disappointing to me. Mostly Pokémon from Gen 1, no Grass-type, only one Pokémon newcomer even though there were at least two in previous Smash games. It really irritates me when I see people say, "We don't need more Pokémon in Smash! There are already too many!" It's like they can't understand why we aren't satisfied. Oh. And I hate Blaziken, too! I didn't know we had this much in common.
I guess you've missed a lot of my posts earlier this month. Moderators accused me of only purveying Pokemon in any post, so regardless of any specific claims I have on my opinions to the franchise as it stands in Smash, I try to avoid the general allusions. But, for many reasons, I find this to be our worst Pokemon lineup. Not just due to lacking newcomers, nor even the cut veterans, but primarily because the essence of the series is absolutely absent from what we have, in this random collection of Pokemon favorites.

However, the consensus is that its okay for Smash to play favorites for Pokemon, because "what the hell else are the options?"
I personally think that is a glib and sloven analysis to answer why this one particularly series is the only one represented by a handful of favorites... but to each his own.

And to your previous point... the Japanese opening of the new XYZ series (how does this not tell us we are getting version Z? Sometime...) has his two rivals in the opening with Mega Charizard Y and Mega Sceptile, respectively, as ghost appearances Greninja fights off.
It is clear the three of them are promoted as a Trichotomy. Even if it isnt Ash's (though, Ash having a Charizard and a Sceptile, let's not rule out he gets both of them back for a moment), it sets the scene quite specifically.
Perhaps enough for TPC to try to promote the three of them as an eclectic blend of starter finals.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help out by voting in this poll.

We are trying to determine who the community views as an "all-star" (third parties only). An all-star is very subjective, but basically do you think that a character is iconic and carries video game history with them? If you could help spread the word about the polling that would help a lot too! We are planning on using this data in SourceCast #5, so it's important we get a lot of votes!

BTW that is the same poll I linked a few days ago if you're wondering why it might say you already voted :p

guess no one cares about video game music but me. RIP

Last edited:

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
So what other SEGA, NAMCO, and CAPCOM characters do you think they could use? I'm putting my cards on Arle Nadja, Valkyrie, and Dantae respectively.
Bayonetta for smash is all I care for, or Shadow

Pheonix and Dante are both iconic, but when it comes to being overall well known, Pheonix takes the cake. I forgot to add Bandai to Namco, sorry about that. :p Augomon vs. Pikachu would be pretty unbelievable actually, fanboys would go crazy over a fight like that. Jack would be the best SEGA character, or ATLUS. Much like Ryu he's from a subsidiary, so yeah, he'd fit well. Also I chose Dante because I'd love this to be slapped on the cover.
And it'd fit because Jack Frost. Anyways I forgot about Square. If anyone, I'd say Lara Croft.
isn't agumon an anime/manga originating character?

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
isn't agumon an anime/manga originating character?
No. He originated in a video game, which was one of the Tamagotchi-like games. While it's technically called a toy, it's an electronic toy that works exactly like how video games work. Same thing as a handheld game, before it became a system to pull cartridges in. Many don't know the series' origins, but that's due to the anime/manga being heavily more known due to its immense popularity in comparison to the games. Likewise, the Digimon World series is pretty much the most known, although hardly the first games to exist.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

We are trying to determine who the community views as an "all-star" (third parties only). An all-star is very subjective, but basically do you think that a character is iconic and carries video game history with them? If you could help spread the word about the polling that would help a lot too! We are planning on using this data in SourceCast #5, so it's important we get a lot of votes!
Voted!
Jill Valentine - Easily the most iconic survival horror protagonist
Spyro
Rayman
Tails - Luigi-tier icon
Chun-Li - IMO is more recognizable than Ryu
Snake - Face of stealth gaming and already has a place in Smash
Doomguy - Doom revolutionized FPS games
Banjo-Kazooie - Not necessarily a gaming all-star, but is definitely a Nintendo all-star
Steve - Let's be honest if any character would represent Indie gaming its him...
Crash Bandicoot
Bomberman
Frogger
Lara Croft - Arguably the most iconic female video game character ever

BTW that is the same poll I linked a few days ago if you're wondering why it might say you already voted :p

guess no one cares about video game music but me. RIP
Oh, I care...I just listed my wants for VG music so much I'm a little worn out posting it everytime...

Here's one track I haven't listed though...
Lost Colony

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It'd actually be pretty funny if we got a Tomogatchi as a Bamco rep, lol! XD

Troykv

Smash Master

Already voted... Many options, but only a few will get great scores... Unless a specífic group dominates the Poll.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

I picked
Lara - Pioneered 3D action/adventure games and is still relevant to this day
Sora - Simply because he's related to Disney
Simon Belmont - One of the big classic characters
Master Chief - The guy responsible for the uprising of shooters in recent years

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I'd prefer Dixie Kong BUT King K. Rool would be fine too.

Of course the best option is both of them; DK is a fairly big series and if Fire Emblem can get away with 5 characters DK can definitely have 4.

My only hopes for the December presentation are playable Inklings, one or two good new 1P modes, and more Melee stages. That and a correctly-ordered character select screen.
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if its Wolf, Inkling, and maybe Snake (because so many people have given up on him). Square was that last major third party development company to not had anything represented til now. Now its like, Konami where is your rep? I feel Snake would just be perfect, then you would literally have everybody.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if its Wolf, Inkling, and maybe Snake (because so many people have given up on him). Square was that last major third party development company to not had anything represented til now. Now its like, Konami where is your rep? I feel Snake would just be perfect, then you would literally have everybody.
Ubisoft is actually larger, but yh out of Japanese companies Square is the last of the big guys to join.

I like to think Snake/Konami simply fell asleep in the Tokyo tube and got lost for a few months.(well, more than a year)

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Ubisoft is actually larger, but yh out of Japanese companies Square is the last of the big guys to join.

I like to think Snake/Konami simply fell asleep in the Tokyo tube and got lost for a few months.(well, more than a year)
Yeah, I meant major Japanese companies, should have mentioned that I just forgot to put it in there. At least you know what I meant.

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
I know she wont make it in, but gods woudl she be fun to play. Felicia from darkstalkers.
Why wont she show up? Well maybe the whole NAKED CAT WOMAN thing has somethign to do with it. But yeah I grew up and for a long time only had Darkstalkers Night warriors revenge and MArvel super heroes as my main fighters and felicia is just so [Hot] adorable!
I also still want Zero in smash as well, but despite my joke above im pretty sure [and honestly a bit bummed] that wolf is gonna be in the game. There are so many characters who could hop in if ya take into account ALL nintendo characters or characters in nintendo games, particularly if ya look at all the Cross over joy that happens randomly.
With how well Ryu worked in the game Id started seriously thinking about other fighters that could join in and Felicia and Kasumi were the first two women to come to mind. [More female fighters? would be awesome thanks!]
Now with cloud joining in Tifa has hopped in as the third of my female fighter characters that i want to see. [or would they be brawlers? Since all three of them mostly fight hand to hand.] I dunno honestly I just wanna pick a lady and run up and Punch people Little mac or Ryu style. [We dont need Yoga or jet boots EAT MY FIST!]
I will say though that with how people voted my biggest fear is that a random anime character like Goku would win the smash ballet. I think that sort of event would make almost all of us constant smash players just drop and stare wondering WTF happened.
[then again Id get to see Ryu kick Goku in the face so that could be awesome. Yes..put him in so I can BEAT HIM UP AS A TINY ELECTRIC RODENT! MUAHAHAHA Id have a dedicated target body instead of just using Random every time xD]

D

Deleted member

Eh Shovel Knight rumor is dead to me. I feel he's deconfirmed. If he were getting in it would have happened at this point. Moving on. Crash Bandicoot I could see him and Spyro.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So, from what I could find there are only three limits to a third-party character:

These are:

1. Must have originated from a video game (Video Game character)

2. Must be well known by the general audience (Iconic)

3. Cannot use realistic firearms (Semi-cartoonish)

Also they didn't have to have been on a Nintendo console, so as long as they fit these guidelines they're eligible for Smash Bros.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hope we at least get one first party newcomer Inklings being the most obvious, and expected, Bandana Dee, Isaac, Krystal, Shantae are popular characters but they just might get hats or Mii costumes only, to show they were thought about. But they just decided to use other first and third party's instead.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I hope we at least get one first party newcomer Inklings being the most obvious, and expected, Bandana Dee, Isaac, Krystal, Shantae are popular characters but they just might get hats or Mii costumes only, to show they were thought about. But they just decided to use other first and third party's instead.
You are now officially my arch-nemesis. :evil:

Last edited:

DashGarnett

Smash Rookie
Hey guys by the way snake won't be coming to smash because of a mix up between Nintendo and the company that owns snake (can't remember the exact name sorry) I'm saddened by this but there was some copyright mix up

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Hey guys by the way snake won't be coming to smash because of a mix up between Nintendo and the company that owns snake (can't remember the exact name sorry) I'm saddened by this but there was some copyright mix up
Correction: Sakurai didn't approach Konami or Kojima about Snake for this game according to Kojima.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom