• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Untamed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Immortal_gamer2
Ok I'm hyped as hell. I guess we have to wait until december to get him though?

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
Cloud is fine, not the best choice but better than nothing. Does anyone else think that he's pre-ballot?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Guys. I have a theory. What if we got info on the Ballot on that December stream? I guess they'll reveal Cloud's release date. Geh, never played FF but I know someone's going to be salty for Black Mage being omitted. I like the Limit Break mechanic, I've thought of something similar in the past

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
His model looks kinda stange in Smash art-direction wise, but really exciting none the less. Goes to show the fan made "rules" are more like suggestions than hard rules.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Seems like I was onto something by thinking that Nintendo was going to do a massive Smash DLC dump before Christmas. Just watch as things go down like they did at E3 where we were only expecting Lucas only for us to get a bunch of other stuff too.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
It's definitely a monumental step for the series. I was flipping out during the reveal... but I guess I just expected a little more love. All other main games had something said about them, this one just let's the trailer speak for itself, which is fine. But we needed some information at this point. Like is this a ballot character? etc. I just feel strung along. Happy with the results, but still strung along.

Overall deflating direct, Twilight Princess HD looks mostly untouched, I kept waiting for it to jump to hd graphics to show the comparison in real time... but no. I seem to be one of the few who's not hypnotized by the Amiibo craze, so the plastic extra doesn't really entice me to it.

But that's one giant wtf gtfo moment. Cloud is way more out of left field to me than Ryu.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
ok is there anyone on this forum who seriously considered cloud to be a dlc character? this is how hype announcements should be, i will never want to spoil myself through leaks again!

CLOUD GUYS OMG

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I actually thought he was going to be a Shulk clone once I saw the first few seconds of his trailer.

EDIT: Also, I thought it was going to be Wolf once I saw outer space.

Last edited:

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I guess I'll be the Negative Nancy.

Of all the Final Fantasy characters to choose from, it's the one where his game pretty much gave way for other third parties to jump ship from Nintendo. Not Terra? Not Cecil? Not a class like a Black Mage? But someone who pretty much made Final Fantasy brake ties from Nintendo?

Hell, the third Dissidia that's coming soon also has Midgard and those same four summons as well.

And I highly doubt the NX is going to get the FFVII remake

Cloud has more pull than Shovel Knight or Shante ever will but still.

The only funny thing is that Cloud was in Smash and PS:All Stars Battle Royale

Last edited:

Alice Margatroid

Doll Judgement

Overall deflating direct, Twilight Princess HD looks mostly untouched, I kept waiting for it to jump to hd graphics to show the comparison in real time... but no. I seem to be one of the few who's not hypnotized by the Amiibo craze, so the plastic extra doesn't really entice me to it.

The entire time I thought it was a before and after trailer because it looks exactly the same heh.

As for the rest of the Direct I must say I'm disappointed, Cloud is okay but I expected more. Oh well back to waiting and watching.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hmm...I think his Smash attacks can be tilted, not too sure what's going on with his Specials though. Omnislash should have been against Pit imo. Hope we get more FF music outside of FFVII, One Winged Angel would be cool, but nothing beats Big Bridge or Decisive Battle

ErenJager

Smash Champion
All they need now is Konami, and that's every major Japanese game developer...

Cloud beat out Black Mage, Geno, and Slime. :O

D

Deleted member

The only funny thing is that Cloud was in Smash and PS:All Stars Battle Royale
Cloud wasn't in PS All-Stars. You might be thinking of Heihachi, who was considered for Smash and later got his own Mii costume.

Last edited by a moderator:

valtykeaton

Smash Cadet
Press 1 if you did not expect Cloud to make it into Smash.

Also, I like how Nintendo managed to get both Snake AND Cloud into one of their games. Why is Nintendo so based?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
On a side note, I really hope Cloud being in this game doesn't hurt Isaac's chances of getting in. I'm hyped for Cloud just like all you guys but I don't want Isaac's chances of getting in to Smash to go in the gutter.

Also, major sigh of relief now that Butt Butt wasn't confirmed. Just saying.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I was kind of expecting that trailer at the beginning to be Pikmin 4 :'(

So, uh, I feel like I should ask, since Cloud is visually similar to Isaac, (Blond haired swordsman) do you guys think this lowers his chances? If so I think that kind of changes a lot of speculation :p.

Edit: Was ninja'd, kind of surprised anyone else had the same thought

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The entire time I thought it was a before and after trailer because it looks exactly the same heh.

As for the rest of the Direct I must say I'm disappointed, Cloud is okay but I expected more. Oh well back to waiting and watching.
There's still going to be a special Smash Bros broadcast coming in December, so don't get your hype down just yet.

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
We need Snake back now.
Imagine this..
:4mario:,:4sonic:,:4megaman:,:4pacman:,:4ryu:,:snake: and Cloud fighting on the same screen.
Smash bros turned into something else...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just as a random theory, but I think Cloud's inclusion may not be either Pre/Post Ballot.

IDK Maybe it's the surprise extra character slot that was found, lack of demand for him, or Square Enix being fairly protective of their properties, but I get the feeling that his addition was independent/a last minute addition.

Won't lie though, was expecting Wolf based on the starry background, albeit I was also kind of wondering if this was still Smash related due to the lack of the flaming logo. Felt like my initial reaction at Kirby Air Ride x Mario Kart during Rosalina's trailer.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Okay, so Cloud definitely cool and all but when are we going to get him in December I'm assuming? Surprised he even beated out Black Mage and Sora as a Square representative, though. I'm even more hyped than before now. Almost two -three more weeks til December hits.

Eureka

Smash Ace
I am almost certain cloud is not a ballot character. Unless you're trying to tell me that Sakurai's team could whip up a full character, trailer and all with a badass alternate costume in a month or two he was probably not based on the Smash Ballot. Also I highly doubt he had that many votes to his name anyway, there wasn't even a support thread for him.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
It's definitely a monumental step for the series. I was flipping out during the reveal... but I guess I just expected a little more love. All other main games had something said about them, this one just let's the trailer speak for itself, which is fine. But we needed some information at this point. Like is this a ballot character? etc. I just feel strung along. Happy with the results, but still strung along.

But that's one giant wtf gtfo moment. Cloud is way more out of left field to me than Ryu.
I agree, but like Ryu, I'll get used to him. Heck, I already watched his trailer like 5 times...

I am Seruously reconsidering all potential 3rd party characters chances now. Seems more like anyone could join who is a game character, not just popular choices.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
So, his down special looks like it might charge his other specials which are:
Sword Beam
Sword Combo
Vertical Slice

And down B can be pressed again when the limit gauge is filled to release some sort of Blade Cyclone.

Does that seem right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom