• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Anyone doing the Direct Bingo that Etika was doing on his stream?

Here's mine:

IMG_20151112_055108.jpg

I know I've got a bunch of long shots on here but as it pertains to Smash I'm sure at least one of these will come true today.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Alright, place your bets; who will be revealed at this Direct?! If anybody will be, that is.

My money's on either Wolf or King K.Rool, myself.
Both. Wolf and K. Rool.

Let's look at things.

By conclusion of the game's main production, which was around Late September, presumably there was some data or :4lucas::4feroy: and :wolf: but ultimately didn't see the light of day due to time constraints.

By November, we see :4mewtwo:'s model ready.

Come April, about 5 months after Mewtwo's reveal and 7 after the offficial closing of the game, :4mewtwo: is done. :4lucas:is nearly done (because his trailer was handled), and headwork was already done for :4feroy: and :4ryu: conclusively.

June, 2 months after that, work has finished on both :4feroy: and :4ryu:.

Now, we stand 5 months after that time. The team has made about 20 Mii Costumes, ported 3 stages, made 1 stage, and fixed tournament mode.

Is it unfeasible that :wolf: could be done and have work been started if not gotten a good deal handled for a Ballot character who very well could've been chosen months in advance by early domination when the ballot would recieve the largest influx of votes?

If both characters aren't done, I am all-but assured :wolf: is complete and they'll at least show off K. Rool akin to :4mewtwo: last year.

Edit: The question was "Who will be revealed?" not "Who will be playable-ready?"

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wolf seems like an extremely likely choice. Especially since it's like, 100% sure they are gonna show us some StarFox Wii U footage. All other possible character(s) choice(s) are far more farfetched. I do not think they are gonna show King K.Rool just yet. I really think he's gonna be saved up for a sort of 'grand finale'. If Dixie is going to be in, I think she'll be revealed before King K.Rool, as it's in Sakurai's nature to ensure massive butthurt.

What am expecting basically is 2 semi-clone characters, and one fully unique character. Wolf being the only 'safe pick'. And Dixie Kong being the most likely semi-clone outside of Wolf, with Impa being next in line.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm guessing we have six characters for DLC remaining overall. The three that'll be revealed/released today and three later for ballot.

Today my guesses for most likely are Wolf, Ice Climbers (N3ds exclusive) and Dixie Kong OR Inkling.

The ballot I think will have three winners, one from Japan (dunno who they voted for), one from the US (Shovel Knight clearly) and one from PAL (K Rool, maybe).

These are all my most likely guesses... Not necessarily who I'm pulling for
Wolf seems like an extremely likely choice. Especially since it's like, 100% sure they are gonna show us some StarFox Wii U footage. All other possible character(s) choice(s) are far more farfetched. I do not think they are gonna show King K.Rool just yet. I really think he's gonna be saved up for a sort of 'grand finale'. If Dixie is going to be in, I think she'll be revealed before King K.Rool, as it's in Sakurai's nature to ensure massive butthurt.

What am expecting basically is 2 semi-clone characters, and one fully unique character. Wolf being the only 'safe pick'. And Dixie Kong being the most likely semi-clone outside of Wolf, with Impa being next in line.
Dixie will be a semi clone only if Sakurai has no creativity left

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Inklings, Dixie, and Wolf. GET READY!

The next batch will be K. Rool, Isaac, Rayman, and Bomberman.

Last edited:

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Aside from Wolf, I think we can reliable predict K. Rool, Inklings, Isaac, or Dixie Kong. They are all popular character with a large support, that are also owned by Nintendo.

My bets:

If we get pre-ballot characters only: Wolf and/or Inkling
If we get a ballot character: King K. Rool

Aside from Wolf, I think we can reliable predict K. Rool, Inklings, Isaac, Bandana Dee or Dixie Kong. They are all popular character with a large support, that are also owned by Nintendo.
Fixed.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm guessing we have six characters for DLC remaining overall. The three that'll be revealed/released today and three later for ballot.

Today my guesses for most likely are Wolf, Ice Climbers (N3ds exclusive) and Dixie Kong OR Inkling.

The ballot I think will have three winners, one from Japan (dunno who they voted for), one from the US (Shovel Knight clearly) and one from PAL (K Rool, maybe).

These are all my most likely guesses... Not necessarily who I'm pulling for

Dixie will be a semi clone only if Sakurai has no creativity left
Japan would be Bandana Dee. Most requested Non-K. Rool newcomer.

For US, I'd FAR moreso expect Isaac to be chosen instead of Shovel Knight as a fighter. Just because one may have more votes doesn't mean they have to get in. That just means they're taken into consideration.

Wario was the third most requested newcomer for Melee, just behind Bowser and Peach.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Shovel Knight gets in, I call this whole ballot a fraud.

Burruni

Smash Hero
GET OUT. :p

Kidding, but I think we have enough sword-bearing fighters in this game, let's have a less utilized playstyle get some more love.
His weapon wouldn't define his playstyle.
Nor would it explicitly be a sword.
He was seen just as often in-game toting greataxes.

He'd be most similar to :4robinm: but with a greater sense of area control using Psynergy.

This is coming from someone who's been campaigning for the only likely Spear user for Nintendo.

Edit: Primarily Sword-user list :4myfriends::4link::4marth::4tlink::4lucina::4metaknight::4robinm::4shulk::4miisword::4feroy:
Hand to hand fighters: :4bowser::4charizard::4diddy::4diddy::4dk::4fox::4greninja::4kirby::4littlemac::4lucario::4luigi::4mario::4peach::4pikachu::4sheik::4villager::4wiifit::4yoshi::4zss::4pacman::4falcon::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4ganondorf::4gaw::4jigglypuff::4miibrawl::4ness::4rob::4wario2::4mewtwo::4lucas::4ryu: CLEARLY this is a problem.

Double edit: Also... not like... he's been tested to be possible with minimal swordplay.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Wolf seems pretty likely; I can only really see us getting two characters at the most, but I don't know who the second one would be. (though ideally, it would be either Snake or K. Rool)

Untamed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Immortal_gamer2
With only 5 hours left until the direct, the hype is consuming me. I predict that we will get 1-3 characters, with these being the most likely picks: wolf, inklings, k rool, issac, dixie, or SK/Shantae. In addition, I believe we will get some stages to go along side the announced character(s), and some more mii costumes (maybe costumes of the characters that aren't picked?).

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Hmmm... last time we got three characters we got a Brawler, Gunner, and Swordsman.

Gunner: Lucas
Brawler: Ryu
Swordsman: Roy

Last edited:

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Gonna hold onto that shred of hope that we might see Rayman at some point. Honestly though I'm just happy to see new Smash content. They'd have to make a significantly disastrous pick for me to not buy the next character.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Rayman's creators were eager to make a high-res model just for a Smash trophy. A trophy of Rayman was included in Smash.

If he is high enough on the ballot to illustrate demand, I suspect he is in.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I really have no idea who will be shown to be playable in the future.

I am hoping for certain characters though.
Then there's characters i'm impartial to.
Then theres characters I don't want in, and their inclusion wouldnt excite me at all :(
But thats a me problem.

I'd love to see Wolf back.
And Ice Climbers they would be pleaseantly surprising after being deconfirmed. I loved their mechanics and game play gimmick.

Hoping for an unreal total shock of a ballot winner if its not K. Rool.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Are you guys ready for the Direct today? Get excited!
I hope another on of my top five gets in, regardless of where they stand or their pre-defined role. Maybe characters won't get shown today but no way can Nintendo not share Smash news of any kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom