• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
Dude, I ****ing hate that ****lord but Roy's always been a fairly popular request ever since he got cut, the 4 characters PM would have added where from a poll they made, and even then, Knuckles scored pretty bad on that poll, they added Roy because he was from Melee and popular
sakurai proves that requests matter diddle. remember the sheer amount of peeps going 'no way j-puff and ness come back, their time's done.'? users remain stupid, ninty ignores feedback, news at 11. hell the mewtwo and character roster threads were ****ing cancer to go through with the sheer amount of bull**** entitlement in 'em. pichu's coming, because it makes the roster feel complete. he's the last missing possible melee vet. once he's back, melee is back.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
sakurai proves that requests matter diddle. remember the sheer amount of peeps going 'no way j-puff and ness come back, their time's done.'? users remain stupid, ninty ignores feedback, news at 11. hell the mewtwo and character roster threads were ****ing cancer to go through with the sheer amount of bull**** entitlement in 'em. pichu's coming, because it makes the roster feel complete. he's the last missing possible melee vet. once he's back, melee is back.
This is stupid. Jigglypuff and Ness have much more fans than detractors and Sakurai has stated to dislike cutting characters. Not to mention Sakurai proved requests can have an impact

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post
This is stupid. Jigglypuff and Ness have much more fans than detractors and Sakurai has stated to dislike cutting characters. Not to mention Sakurai proved requests can have an impact
how's that ballot workin again? you know, the one that nintendo hasn't mentioned at all since it closed? that **** was a comments section disguised as legit feedback. cloud + pichu + wolf. it's happening.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
how's that ballot workin again? you know, the one that nintendo hasn't mentioned at all since it closed? that **** was a comments section disguised as legit feedback. cloud + pichu + wolf. it's happening.
lol. You're criticizing me for not knowing about Ballot results, but here's the thing...NO ONE HERE DOES. Not to mention A: Pichu ISN'T popular, and B: Sakurai has addressed popularity being a factor for Shulk

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
lol. You're criticizing me for not knowing about Ballot results, but here's the thing...NO ONE HERE DOES. Not to mention A: Pichu ISN'T popular, and B: Sakurai has addressed popularity being a factor for Shulk
shulk also had the weird luck to be on one of the only decent wii games on its entire library. him and wft essentially represent the entire wii console era. or do you actually think k.rool or banjo has a chance? ellll oh elllll.

oops, sorry mods, meant to say k.rool and banjo and totally legitimate and viable options for the sacred game of smash bros, and i would like to join my fellows in welcoming our inevitable bear and gator friends. positivity, peace to all. :rolleyes: no dischord here!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
shulk also had the weird luck to be on one of the only decent wii games on its entire library. him and wft essentially represent the entire wii console era. or do you actually think k.rool or banjo has a chance? ellll oh elllll.

oops, sorry mods, meant to say k.rool and banjo and totally legitimate and viable options for the sacred game of smash bros, and i would like to join my fellows in welcoming our inevitable bear and gator friends. positivity, peace to all. :rolleyes: no dischord here!
This is pathetic. Xenoblade is relatively niche and the Wii was a major success with a large, high quality library. Also, I'm not too sure on K.Rool but I can say without a doubt I see no chance of Banjo happening. Mods aren't having a go at your opinions, but how you're presenting them. In a very rude manner

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I don't have a problem with you expecting Wolf and Pichu, but I believe you can do that without sounding like a know-it-all.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Some people here are doing like a mountain if they're character doesn't get in.

Meanwhile, i am just OK with everything we will got. (Except' Shrek and thing like that of course.)

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Pichu returning is the biggest joke any smash fan can ever believe in/expect/want. Even the mot outlandish characters, like Master Chief and Shantae, have more hope/reason to be in the game than him. Even Goku does.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well we all know for sure who ISN'T going to show up in the broadcast.

View attachment 87371

Based Nintendo.

First of all, GameFAQS is credible as much as Donald Trump is against people with guns, second, just because people like the game doesn't mean we'll get another character from the game, third, by that logic, Undertale characters are stupidly high requests. GG no re
You mean how credible Donald Trump is regarding to muslims and Mexicans. Good he got dismissed, as he represents everything that is horrible about America and a little bit more. Easily one of the biggest hate prophets of our time. http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/bald-eagle-vs-balding-man . He also wants to shut down the internet, calling everyone using the correct meaning of 'freedom of speach' (which I should point out since it's 2015 and our generation has gone to ****, IS NOT THE SAME as being openly racist) "foolish people". :rolleyes: Then again, politics are as real as Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

To stay relevant to the topic (relevancy works this way), Banjo-Kazooie & King K.Rool double reveal would be just about the most hype thing in the universe! Imagine Banjo and Kazooie being all happy meeting their old pal Diddy again, meeting up with Donkey Kong and all that Rare fun furry buddy stuff, only to be interupted by King K.Rool, who faces a beat down by the efforts of DK, Diddy and Banjo togheter, only to fake his death in the end.

Couple of years ago, Banjo was the character that everyone wanted in, but we all deemed him impossible. Sakurai has stated obvious interesst in the character ever since Melee, and Microsoft and Rare both gave Nintendo their blessing regarding the inclusion. It's not that much of a stretch he has at the very least been considered by Sakurai.

Now tell me again how 'unlikely' and 'uniconic' Banjo is again.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Pichu leaving a hole in the roster?

The bigger holes, by far, are because of Wolf and Snake. As far as I'm concerned, there's hardly a comparison. Tons of fans are actually asking for those two, and making it well known. I haven't seen anybody legitimately ask for Pichu. I've even asked my friends who don't follow Smash nearly as much as I do, and they are opposed to that. They want Snake and Wolf back.

Honestly, in my opinion, I think you add Wolf, Snake, and then K.Rool/Banjo/Inklings. Isaac is also a reasonable option, however I feel as if the other 3 might happen over him.

That's just me. But I feel that's a pretty good way to wrap it up. Leave no holes besides the Pokemon and Icies, and add one of the most requested newcomers. Boom.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Snake is literally the only other 3rd party character outside of Banjo-Kazooie I find anywhere remotely likely, and actually want it to happen. If say, we'd get "only" Snake, Wolf and Dixie Kong / Impa, I'd still probably be 85% satisfied. At this point, I just want ONE character that matters to me. Wether it be Banjo, K.Rool, Dixie, Impa or Isaac, I don't care. I just want to see one of them finally make it.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I think the main thing that makes Pichu's scenario different than Ness and Jiggly's other than their original 12 status, is that Ness and Jigglypuff are waaaaaayyyyy more popular and important than Pichu is, was, and ever will be. I'm a big Pichu fan, I wish he was a big deal, but he simply isn't, he was added as a joke character, but unlike Jigglypuff he didn't have a legacy or any really large popularity to fall back on so he was cut and he kind of just faded away, so I don't expect him to return. I do agree though that Pichu would make SSBU3DS feel more "complete" as a game and I do hope he makes it, I just don't see him being that likely, only way I can see him squeezing in is via Japan's votes, from what I've seen he's a top 20-25 character over there but I fear that's not popular enough. Of course this is just my opinion, you may in fact be completely right and Nintendo may think that way unbeknownst to us. (I hope your right :p)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think even Raichu is more likely than Pichu at this point. :026:

Btw, I'd be hyped as **** for Raichu. :026: Imagine him being a :4pikachu: semi-clone who's bigger, stronger, heavier and has a couple of moves borrowed from 64 Pikachu? :pikachu64: Stuff like B Air, N Air, F Throw, D Smash, all that good stuff. I supported this idea for quite some time actually. So IF there's ever an absolute need for a Pikachu semi-clone, give me Raichu then.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Pichu returning is the biggest joke any smash fan can ever believe in/expect/want. Even the mot outlandish characters, like Master Chief and Shantae, have more hope/reason to be in the game than him. Even Goku does.
Except that's nonsense, and by virtue of having already been in a game prior makes Pichu not completely out of the realm of possibility.

I think Young Link would be the most pointless addition at this point, but he's still got more reason to return than Goku has of getting in.

Although yes; if we have to have a Pikachu clone I'd be down for Raichu over Pichu.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think even Raichu is more likely than Pichu at this point. :026:

Btw, I'd be hyped as **** for Raichu. :026: Imagine him being a :4pikachu: semi-clone who's bigger, stronger, heavier and has a couple of moves borrowed from 64 Pikachu? :pikachu64: Stuff like B Air, N Air, F Throw, D Smash, all that good stuff. I supported this idea for quite some time actually. So IF there's ever an absolute need for a Pikachu semi-clone, give me Raichu then.
That's stretching it. Pichu is unpopular for Smash, but he's decently important in Pokémon. Spiky-eared Pichu exists.

If they're desperate for a Pikachu clone, Pichu is a natural choice (unless we get Pikachu Libre)

:231:

Last edited:

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
So I missed the argument about characters deserving/not deserving to be in because casuals recognition.

But there's one problem about using that reasoning that everyone seems to forget:

THE CASUALS DON'T GIVE AN EFF!

They weren't the ones who voted in the poll. In fact, several hardcore Nintendo fans were amazingly ignorant of said poll

They're not the ones who wanted the likes of Falco, Wolf, Meta Knight, Ike, Pit, Diddy Kong, Shulk. If casuals were the main reason, the roster will be nothing but Mario characters and Pokemon that Ash ran into with a hint of Zelda.

And even then casual is not even all that uniform. One casual could buy every DLC no matter what while another just moved on 2 months after the base game was released.

And I specially remember a time when Nintendo fans were COMPLAINING about catering to casuals.

So yeah casual relevance really doesn't matter.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
even Sakurai admitted Pichu was nothing more than just a joke...the dude is a smart man as you can tell with Ryu and Cloud, there is MUCH more than meets the eye when it comes to DLC...

One thing that each and every character introduced as DLC has in common, is that they brought a certain level of hype...
:4mewtwo:-broke the internet with the confirmation of Character DLC
:4lucas:-highly popular Brawl vet that came with the Ballot's announcement
:4feroy:-'Roy's Our Boy!' despite being a divisive character overall, he has a huge fanbase especially in Japan, less people were salty about his addition thanks to him getting decloned and a full redesign...and the fact he's actually more viable than Marth and Lucina
:4ryu:-"Mr. Fighting Game" broke two fan-rules in 'No Fighting Game characters' and 'only one character per third party franchise' would've been more hype had he not been leaked prior...
:4cloud:-broke the internet once again since he was thought to be an impossible pick...FFVII Remake confirmed for NX?!?!?!?
---
:pichumelee:-....yay...melee roster complete!....yay...
See what I'm getting at here?...To much reliance on fan stipulation as opposed to thinking outside the realm of possibilities...(in fact Pichu still breaks another rule to which I'm surprised that he's even mentioned, 'only one character per franchise for DLC')
Baby pokemon isn't that important enough to really warrant it's own fighter as of now, melee maybe because it was fresh and the roster (both Smash and Pokemon's) was a lot smaller, if that's the case then let's have Bidoof to represent HM Slaves, and Pidgey to represent the regional birds first...and Zubat to represent why we hate caves...

and for the record; :4feroy:(fire sword)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:pichumelee:(hurts itself)

Last edited:

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Except that's nonsense, and by virtue of having already been in a game prior makes Pichu not completely out of the realm of possibility.

I think Young Link would be the most pointless addition at this point, but he's still got more reason to return than Goku has of getting in.

Although yes; if we have to have a Pikachu clone I'd be down for Raichu over Pichu.
I was talking about in terms of being DLC. No one gives 2 flips for Pichu aside from TheSpitefulWolf, so there's no way he'll be DLC, as not enough people will buy him

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
The most recent thing done with Pichu was the Spiky-eared one, which was neat for a little bit in game before you realized that, like in Smash, was pretty useless after the novelty wore off.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Hasn't Rayman been around for 20 years? With fairly consistant game releases?

I'm far from a millenial, and I remember playing Rayman's first game in my early childhood in 1995.

Banjo's had five games in total. So yes; I would indeed say Rayman's more recognisable and iconic overall.

**** Shovel Knight forever though. How can something so young be considered iconic?
While the term is debatable, millennials are generally accepted to include those born in the 90s. So you are a millennial.

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post
hate it all you want, pichu's got license to be in not just because he reps something unique but because he can claim vet status. just like puff, just like ness, just like g&w, all of 'em. people were calling for them to be cut, so there were peeps utterly pissed that they returned(and 'stole' a spot from some real humdingers, like lol mewtwo).

inklings don't have the penetration and are already a mii costume. plus their whole gimmick is a 3ds-killer(painting the stage).
k.rool is dead, just deal with it. if anything he's DK's waluigi, lol. what an apt fate.
banjo hasn't had a good game in years, is third party, and brings zero hype(according to your rules). the last banjo game was bad enough that someone decided to try kickstarting their own version to 'do it right'.
isaac, again, is responded with "who?" camelot doesn't care about this character, or can you name anything at all recent about him.
snake is gone because kojima doesn't have the influence to force konami to allow development. like it or not sakurai has to talk to konami, not kojima, and they are pants-on-head crazy.
rayman is another "who?" character. no one but archivists would recognize that joe, and he has even less penetration than any of the above characters except maybe isaac.
i still even see ridley diehards. desperate peeps are desperate.

pichu's no titan of gaming, but the tl;dr is that he got in the door once, and there's no reason to think that door can't open twice. that's more than anyone else mentioned above has going for 'em.

also no more fe for gods sake. holy **** it's as bad as pokemon oversaturation. make some dumb arena fighter for fe like pokken and get these ****s the hell out of smash.

big ****ing edit: the point is, don't expect a big new character out of the ****ing direct. wolf and pichu are safe bets and these is no reason to think that the broadcast will be anything more than details + wolf + pichu + release dates. maybe some new stages, but that's it. the ballot is going the way of the Brawl ballot, and people are going to moan and whine about it just like they did back then.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
I was talking about in terms of being DLC. No one gives 2 flips for Pichu aside from TheSpitefulWolf, so there's no way he'll be DLC, as not enough people will buy him
Actually in a bit of correct I don't think SpitefulWolf cares about Pichu much at all. He just thinks because we got Roy they may as well add Pichu too.

Now I don't like Roy or Pichu all that much either (Roy even after his return in Smash 4 is still in my Top 5 Worst Smash Inclusions of all Time). But even I concede that Roy has his fans and he's a clear favorite in Japan. Now Pichu has his fans too but most will concede his return is completely unlikely at this point and Pichu doesn't have any advantage of being particularly popular in one region.

Also completing the return of 100% of Melee's characters as they were is impossible. Due to the Ice Climbers being cut for the 3DS version & 8-Player Smash (Brawl and Melee lagged when four Ice Climbers played at once. Imagine how bad having 8 Ice Climbers all at once could have been. Remember that even without Ice Climbers they just managed to implement it and had to remove stage hazards and what not in some stages) limitations. I know you possibly mean everyone that's possible. But if Nintendo and/or players really cared that much about it, then they would of at least brought Ice Climbers back as Ice Climber (AKA Solo Popo heavily buffed with Nana as an alt ala Robin and Wii Fit Trainer)

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
hate it all you want, pichu's got license to be in not just because he reps something unique but because he can claim vet status. just like puff, just like ness, just like g&w, all of 'em. people were calling for them to be cut, so there were peeps utterly pissed that they returned(and 'stole' a spot from some real humdingers, like lol mewtwo).

inklings don't have the penetration and are already a mii costume. plus their whole gimmick is a 3ds-killer(painting the stage).
k.rool is dead, just deal with it. if anything he's DK's waluigi, lol. what an apt fate.
banjo hasn't had a good game in years, is third party, and brings zero hype(according to your rules). the last banjo game was bad enough that someone decided to try kickstarting their own version to 'do it right'.
isaac, again, is responded with "who?" camelot doesn't care about this character, or can you name anything at all recent about him.
snake is gone because kojima doesn't have the influence to force konami to allow development. like it or not sakurai has to talk to konami, not kojima, and they are pants-on-head crazy.
rayman is another "who?" character. no one but archivists would recognize that joe, and he has even less penetration than any of the above characters except maybe isaac.
i still even see ridley diehards. desperate peeps are desperate.

pichu's no titan of gaming, but the tl;dr is that he got in the door once, and there's no reason to think that door can't open twice. that's more than anyone else mentioned above has going for 'em.

also no more fe for gods sake. holy **** it's as bad as pokemon oversaturation. make some dumb arena fighter for fe like pokken and get these ****s the hell out of smash.

big ****ing edit: the point is, don't expect a big new character out of the ****ing direct. wolf and pichu are safe bets and these is no reason to think that the broadcast will be anything more than details + wolf + pichu + release dates. maybe some new stages, but that's it. the ballot is going the way of the Brawl ballot, and people are going to moan and whine about it just like they did back then.
This just in folks! This fellow right here has seen the future! His narcissism is so powerful that it has offered him a glimpse into the mind of Sakurai, discovering his exact thought processes on how some characters would work and how they are included, AND has offered him the ability to psychically tell how popular a character really is among millions of gamers!

At least that's what I'm hoping the explanation is. Because otherwise I haven't seen this much single minded delusion in ones beliefs since Ridley was confirmed via a shadow.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
This just in folks! This fellow right here has seen the future! His narcissism is so powerful that it has offered him a glimpse into the mind of Sakurai, discovering his exact thought processes on how some characters would work and how they are included, AND has offered him the ability to psychically tell how popular a character really is among millions of gamers!

At least that's what I'm hoping the explanation is. Because otherwise I haven't seen this much single minded delusion in ones beliefs since Ridley was confirmed via a shadow.
I'm surprised you didn't comment on the fact he called Rayman obscure.

Last edited:

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman

hey at least i'm willing to take a shot at something resembling conclusive ideas instead of being just trying to say non-things such as 'well banjo might be in! i mean i dunno don't hate me or anything but hey banjo could totally be in' and back it up with analysis.

also, hey mods, where the **** are the infractions for people saying 'snake's totally in, sakurai'll work ~magic~ to make konami not-stupid' or 'colors confirm k.rool!'? they're being no less direct than me.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Jigglypuff are waaaaaayyyyy more popular and important than Pichu is,
I agree that Jigglypuff is much more recognizable thanks to her anime role and the popularity of Pokemon in the 90s ( I've met people who aren't even Pokemon fans and are in their 25s-40s who know her thanks to the anime ). But Pichu seems to be equally if not more popular than Puff in the Pokemon fandom, no surprise considering it's the pre evo of :pikachu:.

Puff hasn't really been relevant since Gen 2. And was very irrelevant during Brawl's lifetime. Nontheless she makes more sense to include because 1. Fairy typing 2. Unique moveset and 3. Extremly recognizable thanks to the whole Pokemon craze in the 90s.

Last edited:

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Honestly, I can't even tell if you're trolling or being plain stupid with these remarks.
Comparing G&W, Jigggs, and Ness to Pichu is such a horrid comparison, as all of them offer more than Pichu.
  • G&W represents the G&W series and is not a clone.
  • Ness represents Mother and is not a clone and is an original.
  • Jigs is a popular Pokemon character and not a clone and an original and reps the anime.
Claiming Pichu's repping of Baby Pokemon as being a valid reason to back him up is ridiculous, espiceally when there are many other pokemon who rep more important aspects of Pokemon, such as Meowth (Anime) or Togepi (Anime) or Mew (Event Pokemon) or Eevee (Stone Evolutions) or , using the opposite of your own logic. Raichu (Adult Pokemon).

Not to mention there are far more popular pokemon than Pichu, like Gengar, Gardevoir, the previously mentioned Meowth, Blaziken, and Sceptile. And, news flash, DLC characters need to at least be moderatly popular in order to get good sales.

Actually in a bit of correct I don't think SpitefulWolf cares about Pichu much at all. He just thinks because we got Roy they may as well add Pichu too.
Roy actually has quirks that make him more enjoyable to play than Marth/Lucy. Pichu isnt like that in comparison to Pikachu. Not to mention Roy is many times more popular.

Last edited by a moderator:

NachoOfCheese

Smash Ace
NNID
NachoOfCheese
hey at least i'm willing to take a shot at something resembling conclusive ideas instead of being just trying to say non-things such as 'well banjo might be in! i mean i dunno don't hate me or anything but hey banjo could totally be in' and back it up with analysis.

also, hey mods, where the **** are the infractions for people saying 'snake's totally in, sakurai'll work ~magic~ to make konami not-stupid' or 'colors confirm k.rool!'? they're being no less direct than me.
I've been on this thread for a total of 2 minutes and I'm just wondering why the mods haven't banned you yet.

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I can't even tell if you're trolling or being plain stupid with these remarks.
Comparing G&W, Jigggs, and Ness to Pichu is such a horrid comparison, as all of them offer more than Pichu.
  • G&W represents the G&W series and is not a clone.
  • Ness represents Mother and is not a clone and is an original.
  • Jigs is a popular Pokemon character and not a clone and an original.
Claiming Pichu's repping of Baby Pokemon as being a valid reason to back him up is ridiculous, espiceally when there are many other pokemon who rep more important aspects of Pokemon, such as Meowth (Anime) or Togepi (Anime) or Mew (Event Pokemon) or Eevee (Stone Evolutions) or , using the opposite of your own logic. Raichu (Adult Pokemon).

Not to mention there are far more popular pokemon than Pichu, like Gengar, Gardevoir, the previously mentioned Meowth, Blaziken, and Sceptile. And, news flash, DLC characters need to at least be moderatly popular in order to get good sales.
and yet the pokes you mention became pokeballs, almost down to the last. they were pokeballs back in melee too. pichu actually made it in, and the funny bit is that the biggest obstacle to inclusion is getting in the first time. it's what got roy in. presumably, that's what's getting wolf and pichu in(if they happen).

roy, mewtwo, lucas, they didn't need to happen, but they did. they didn't need to be in because their bases were covered more competently by other characters(the overabundance of fe characters, lucario and various pokes, and ness). pichu and wolf don't need to happen, and their bases are covered more competently by other character as well(pikachu and team starfox), but they're the most likely followups to cloud.

popular or not, it does. not. ****ing. matter.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Hey guys what's your pipe dream for smash 4?

Mine is that we "Megalovania" from Undertale as a theme for final destination
The shape-shifting, kick-ass time manipulating sassy lady besides ZSS in my profile.
What's truly sad is that millennial kiddies genuinely believe that Rayman and Shovel Knight are more iconic than Banjo despite all the overwhelming evidence presented to them.

But I suppose we'll find out Tuesday.
I'm a 90's guy. Just about. Rayman is at least 3x more recognizable/iconic than Banjo the way I see it.
Shovel Knight is in no way more iconic than bk, dunno who said that.

And like I've said before... Indies are in thier own category.

Imo I think Pichu is the more pointless return than Young Link.
At least Yink could quite easily be turned into a semi-clone of some sorts, maybe even take some inspiration from his Hyrule Warriors unique self.

Last edited:

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Actually I was born before the 90s so I'm not, but it's nice to know what counts as millennial and what doesn't.
My apologies. You mentioned something in your early childhood in 1995, so I assumed that meant before you were five years old. I think you may still count, as most definitions include anyone who is currently under 30 and over 20.

Re: Pichu. There are very few decisions Sakurai would make that would anger me. He has disappointed me (excluding Ridley for 4 and Mewtwo for Brawl). Inclusion of any characters generally is okay with me, with two notable exceptions (Geno and another child Link), but to include Pichu and not bring back Squirtle or Ivysaur would be infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom