• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
can someone list all the characters that IC's are Suppose to approach because they can be outcamped? Rob, Snake, Spacies, Pit? amirite so far? and who else?

ch33s3

Smash Lord
*Briefly unlurks*

Rob can outcamp you. You can outcamp snake, just be perfect with your ice block placements, and his grenades will blow up in his face or harmlessly. Fox and Falco you outcamp too. Wolf has some camp tricksies that can force you try and get in. If the Pit is an arrow master, you have to approach, but other than that, you can cancel his arrows with iceblock, and ice blocks are faster, remember to powershield, not regular shield, his arrows.

mzink*

Smash Ace
I just noticed something with the ice climbers the other day when I was messing around and I just wondered so I figured I'd ask.

I was brawlin with some cpus and one of them was the ice climbers. Well I noticed that on two occasions in one match, when one of the ice climbers was KO'd, the remaining one started tripping repeatedly. The first time it happened I was just kind of amused. The second time it happened a couple minutes later, I counted 5 consecutive trips that immediately followed the KO of its partner. There were no items, so no bananas or anything to cause it and we were on the Luigi's Mansion stage. I'd never seen it happen before and I haven't seen it happen since then so I duno just a glitch?

IxxI

Smash Fence
That question is so overused, I swear.

Can someone please make an FAQ in the OP much like the Snake boards?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
If there was only 1 Ice Climber. Popo, and no Nana. Where do you think a single IC will be placed on the tier list? I put single IC below Ganondorf, although I'm not sure if Popo belongs to be the lowest of the low.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
Never underestimate SoPo. He still gots Uair and blizzard. He still can still do DThrow CG to ridiculous percentages. Smashes are still pretty powerful. and so is his Bair.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Never underestimate SoPo. He still gots Uair and blizzard. He still can still do DThrow CG to ridiculous percentages. Smashes are still pretty powerful. and so is his Bair.
Ok, I'll take your word for it. I'd like to hear at least 2 more opinions about Solo Popo, before I make up my mind.

IxxI

Smash Fence
He's right. Just be sure to space like your life depended on it, and try to not get hit off stage. It's really hard to recovery with out getting punished.

Smoom77

Smash Master
SoPo really does have nice assets. UAir, BAir (can approach sometimes), ice block can still camp some, blizzard should only be used when close because it can be punished since you can't have nana use blizzard. And yeah, d-throw can chaingrab to SOOOO long. It's like over 100% on D3 if you're frame perfect.

And often when I'm SoPo and I'm recovering, they don't really realize how far Squall can go horizontally so they try to hit you in air and miss. But I'm not sure what pros would do.

That's just my opinion.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Popo's Fair cannot spike because it does not have any spiking properties, only Nana's Fair can spike.

IxxI

Smash Fence
IC's fastfall speed isn't that great. We need to come up with a thread on how to get down. A few ideas I have would beto talk about mixing up fast falling, utilizing/timing your second jump, b-reversing blizzards, b-reversing ice block, squalling, and NAir'ing.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I played around with Solo Popo for a while in training mode, then switched off to Ganon, Link, C. Falcon, Jigglypuff, the bottom tiers. And I have to say, I still find Solo Popo to be the worst, worse than Ganon even...
Bad aerial mobility, low damage output, hard grabs. Even Solo Popo chain grab is weak, does very little damage per hit. I had more options when I used the other bottom tier characters, than when I used Solo Popo.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
Solo Popo CG may be weak, but very effective cuz he can keep them in a CG all the way until there at a high percent. Up Air still has so much priority and it does a fair amount of damage, especially cause it can combo into itself. Blizzard still has a fair amount of range and as far as getting grabs in. thats what us IC's master in lol. But i think there way up there just cuz up air. nothing gets through it lol.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Solo Popo CG may be weak, but very effective cuz he can keep them in a CG all the way until there at a high percent. Up Air still has so much priority and it does a fair amount of damage, especially cause it can combo into itself. Blizzard still has a fair amount of range and as far as getting grabs in. thats what us IC's master in lol. But i think there way up there just cuz up air. nothing gets through it lol.
Ganon actually has an easier time gimping and edge guarding. Ice Climber down + b doesn't, last long, or do much damage. Solo Popo Up-air is probably one of the best moves, along with side b, and his chaingrab. But as solo popo brings the opponent to the end of the stage, the chain grab ends. Ganon's better edge guarding and gimping along with his side b, f-smash, up-air, and D-air, make him the better character, by a little bit. I figured I test them both out in training mode to see which one of them has more important aspects pertaining to brawl.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
except ganon is SLOW. Sopo can CG characters many times cuz he doesnt have to dash grab Dthrow. He can Walk and do Dthrow. And sometimes at low enough percents if i am at the edge of the stage and i Dthrow them it leads to a Fsmash to wrack up even more percent. Ganon still has low priority compared to other characters. Sopo still has priority. All of ganons move are pretty predictable cuz he is slow. Sopo not as easy. Ganon Does have better edge guarding and gimping abilities your right. idk i wish more people would talk on here to help on this issue. :p

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Discussing ganon? hehe,, just dthrow him, and after a throw rigt above the ledge, where most ICs just fsmash, dtilt, and catch his recovery with iceblock and edgehog =)

PoweredVolt

Smash Cadet
I've been using Ice Climbers pretty frequently and have come across a problem lately.

Now when I grab someone, within the second I grab hold of them, they get out. I don't even have time to recooperate or even input the commands quick enough. Is there anything that can be done with this besides the usual SWF answer (throw faster)?

DUB

Smash Lord
Just wanted to clarify something about Hylians desynch. I've gotten comfortable with grounded B-reversals now, however I'm not sure how I'm really doing them. I can perform aerial b reversals 400% of the time. Double check behind me real quick if ya dont mind:

I initiate a dash
I then start another dash but as soon as i input the dash I hit B and the opposite direction.

Problem is, they never desynch, just both b-reverse ice blocks.

How do you perform this in detail? Haven't been playing IC long at all and it's somewhat heard to understand what the IC's are doing when I attempt this.

Also, KRD would just dash and desynch taunt with the IC's. How is all this done? ty in advance

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Just wanted to clarify something about Hylians desynch. I've gotten comfortable with grounded B-reversals now, however I'm not sure how I'm really doing them. I can perform aerial b reversals 400% of the time. Double check behind me real quick if ya dont mind:

I initiate a dash
I then start another dash but as soon as i input the dash I hit B and the opposite direction.

Problem is, they never desynch, just both b-reverse ice blocks.

How do you perform this in detail? Haven't been playing IC long at all and it's somewhat heard to understand what the IC's are doing when I attempt this.
You have to hit in the opposite direction a split second before inputting the special move. The timing is such that Nana will receive the input but Popo will not, as they are in different phases of the "end of dash" animation. This should help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMSfwHiCjmI

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
i want to learn how to play as the iC,
can anyone give me tips? on how to keep them de-synced?
and tips on the cg?

DZhou

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering... what chain grab do you use against Wario? I can't hobble him lol.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Just wondering... what chain grab do you use against Wario? I can't hobble him lol.
Generally for CGs I just do Fthrow-Fthrow-Bthrow-Fthrow-Bthrow-Fthrow etc

Although sometimes I'll do the running D-throw chain to get some damage so that they can't struggle out instantly.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Are there any recent videos (tourny/MM/friendlies) that showcase hylians desynch somewhat well?
You mean the dash desync? I don't think many ICs have incorporated that yet. I use it every once in a while in friendlies but I don't think of it most of the time.

Top Bottom