• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social General Ice Climber Chat

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Okay, I'll continue working on the guide once I finish this quarter. I'll set next Tuesday as a tentative date for a rough draft, which I may post here for feedback before posting a final version as a new thread.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
That kind of makes me sad. I tryed doing a video guide for the ice climber boards and a grab thing twice oh well can I help with this and get details on stuff, maybe I could reseach the percents for the b-throw bowser chain throw. I think it works on gannon also.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i got a vid recorded of me 4-stocking my friends peach

granted he was probably playing reallly dumb because of the pressure of the fact that we were recording

but man

i do some **** stuff. lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
doc

mario is fast but he cant mess with our shield as bad

cuz doc's fair and dsmash ****

brandon's doc is so good

i like his... wd back... walk up... jab DSMASH

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yea im starting to balance it out more though

like sometimes fly has some really good defensive options and im like 'oh snap, i should play it safe like him sometimes'

but then i also know that sometimes random wd smashes really get off

same with those jab mixups

its all about momentum

Vanitas

Smash Ace
Hey iunno if you guys know about this but i find this desynch pretty useful
first you face away from the opponent, wavedash towards them (stlll facing away from them), and then Ftilt towards the opponent all in one quick succession
Popo will ftilt
Nana will jab behind you for some reason leading to a desynch!
in steps its:
1. Face away from the opponent
2. Wavedash TOWARDS the opponent still facing away from them and quickly Ftilt towards the opponent
3. Hold Down B/B for a desynch!

Vanitas

Smash Ace
i just when back to playing and experimented this

Nana turns around for some reason and Blizzards!
Does anyone need a video proof? i d say this desynch is pretty useful

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I desynched Nana with Ice Block and had Popo SH Blizzard. Then Nana did grounded Blizzard facing his direction.

WTF?
When Popo blizzards, Nana blizzards the next possible frame. It sucks because it takes away from alot of cool tricks that the Brawl kids can do but we can't.

SoiGreg

Smash Journeyman
When popo is in the air and Blizards, even if nana remains on the ground. If you do blizard, its like she jumped with popo and turns and faces his direction.

Edit: To make it sound better. If your in the air and blizard, nana will do it in the direction your facing. Even if you iceblock popo blizzard nana, she will face you. As long as your not using blizard at the same moment she is, while your both on the ground. She will go the way your facing.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Does anybody know how much shield stun the hammer's hitbox has when we shoot ice blocks? When people are on platforms above me, I often waveland next to them and grab if they shield, but I'm thinking it might sometimes be better to just board the platform with land-canceled ice blocks right next to them and immediately grab. Popo might be able to grab when the opponent is still in shield stun from Nana's attack.

Actually, I'm not sure in what circumstances this would be better if it worked, but it's worth looking into.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
You can cancel ice block lag by landing. It just has limited application because the ice block pops you up in the air; you either have to cancel it onto a platform, or shoot ice blocks twice in the air without landing.

Fly: The hammer has 6 frames of hitlag and 12 frames of hitstun. It would work, but I don't know how hard the timing would be.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I think land-canceled ice blocks might be really good for tech-chasing some characters on platforms.

Like, let's say you're in the center of Battlefield and a tumbling Fox is about to land on the middle of the leftmost platform. You jump towards the platform and shoot ice blocks to the left such that you land just to the right of Fox. If Fox tech rolls left, he might get hit by the ice blocks, and you might be able to grab him immediately afterwards and start a handoff. If he techs to the right, you should have more than enough time to run right and grab him on reaction, which also puts you in a good position for the handoff. If he techs in place, then he probably gets hit by Nana's ice block/hammer, which you can probably combo off of. If he doesn't tech, then he'll still get hit, but he might not be in hitstun, so you might not be able to do much off that. However, most Foxes (and other characters, for that matter), probably will tech in this sort of situation.

Vanitas

Smash Ace
also, just sharing some random thoughts....
i have been doing the Ice Block Lift alot more often and i think its pretty effective in setting up grabs on top of platforms for fastfallers...(as shown in Wobbles' vid of Ice Climbers are Silly or something video)
Does anyone else do this or am i just crazy :p
And everyone ignored me...T_T
anyways someone want to try out that desynch i was talking about?

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
lol, whoops

The desynch you're talking about is already known. IIRC, Wobbles does it sometimes. I never do it, although I really should look into it.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
handoffs on plats are tooooo hard. Is the onlyway not to fall thru to just barrrrely press down?

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
That's the way I usually do it. On heavier characters, I think you can get away with starting Popo's dthrow while Nana is still lagging from something so she doesn't drop through the platform. You could probably also do silly stuff like have Nana short hop, so she fastfalls when Popo dthrows.

It's better to be able to just lightly tap down so Popo dthrows and Nana doesn't fastfall, although it is admittedly pretty hard to do consistently.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
The shorthop is a pretty good idea really. I guess the skill is valuable enough to learn though.

On another note I can't wait to get my icees recorded so everyone can critique my terrible neutral game, but realize how good the metronome handoff is =)

Top Bottom