• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Game Discussion Thread

nevershootme

Smash Master
yea... so i've made random photos whenever i made a high score at an arcade machine... this one was Time Crisis 4.. I've beaten it tons of times in various arcade machines... here's one

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v126/197/92/18712553/n18712553_32485779_5526.jpg

DJZ is my initials for any arcade machine listed (mostly cuz i use it for Beatmania IIDX), the star denotes as 1 credit completion (beating it without using a continue).... I've made 4,000,000 before on another machine, but it's not shown on this picture

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Woah, thats a whole other level of dedication. Unless there is money involved I can't blow off real life for games.
Well, considering playing games is what I like to do the most in life, I find it hard for me to stop doing that to go do something I dont enjoy. The way I look at it, it just makes sense.

-arcade talk-
Good ****.

RELOAD! RELOAD! RELOAD! RELOAD!

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
I have not played DMC, but I can assure you Ninja Gaiden 2 is balls to the wall hard, especially on the highest settings. The camera is kind of obnoxious at times, but for the most part the game is just flat out challenging. The only thing is some of the environments in the game aren't that pretty, the action effects and flashy fighting were noticeably the art team's focus.
Ninja gaiden 2 pissed me the **** off. Not nearly as good as the original. I was so disappointed.

Still, it IS one of the better action games, I guess.

I guess I need something that's as good as Devil May cry though, which is my favorite character action game. Nothing else ever comes close. D:

*plays through DMC3 again*

I wish my 360 worked so I could play more DMC4... :(

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
*P*L*U*R* have you tried this yet?

there is a sequel out(I think) but this game is pretty epic as far as action games go.

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone here deeply into the pokemon series? I'm finding difficulty mustering myself up to play pokemon pearl again >_>. In fact i really don't know any DS games at all to play..

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
If you like, GoW, Okami is pretty much like a too-cute-for-words Japanese version of that game. There's not so much pressing buttons really fast, and it's not particularly hard, but after you get to a certain point in the game, you can basically be stupidly OP and beat the **** out of stuff.

You can also make the game ridiculously hard if you decide never to use **** like Vengeance and Exorcism Slips, especially with bosses like Ninetails, Tube Foxes, and if you try to get Stray Bead 79. (I don't suggest doing that last one without at least some means of healing if you don't use any other items.)
Okami is more of a Zelda style-game, which isn't what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something a little more extreme.

*P*L*U*R* have you tried this yet?

there is a sequel out(I think) but this game is pretty epic as far as action games go.
Beyond Good and Evil is also a little more Zelda-esque than what I'm looking for.

And the sequel hasn't come out yet.

Curse the game industry and it's lack of good action games.... ;_;

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
OH you want something like ninja gaiden.

played any devil may cry's yet?

GA Peach

Smash Lord
You can't read can you? >_>
lol, get *****, Mikey.

@Antic - DS has a lot of stuff, especially if you like RPGs. i like the Dragon Quest remakes and the Fire Emblem one remake. Many other good titles on it, too. but, if you are gonna play pokemon again, just wait until 3/22 for platinum to come out.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
OHHHH!! doh. then whats there to complain about. Isnt ninja gaiden enough torture already? lol

Someone needs to play "I wanna be the guy"

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
OHHHH!! doh. then whats there to complain about. Isnt ninja gaiden enough torture already? lol

Someone needs to play "I wanna be the guy"
Its a good game for a challenge, but once you beat it...its over, and there is nothing else that comes close to it, thats the problem.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I'm telling you play "I wanna be the guy" if you havent yet. it's all the challenge you need. but yeah once that's over. it's over

And I know what u mean about the low reply value. It just sucks that many games share that same fate today.

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
i might get into the RPG scene, and you're right about platinum, sounds like a good idea. But i feel there's just going to add so many pokemon and buffs to the game it's only going to make it worse.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My pocket's hurtin' . . . I really wanna buy that Tales of Destiny for the PS1 that this store just got, but it's $79.99 and has no instruction booklet.

D:
D:
D:

Hyper Tails1

Smash Apprentice
Didnt you just waste 30 bucks on E-SWAT?*epic boss battle music plays*

No munnie jhons if we wind up eating.

Hyper Tails1

Smash Apprentice
You need to stop wasting your time with those Tales of the ***** games and get street fighter.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
EIGHTY FREAKING BUCKS IS NOT COMING OUT OF MY POCKET!

That goes for Tales. That goes for Street Fighta. I won't pay any above $30. That's my purchasing policy.

Hyper Tails1

Smash Apprentice
You wouldnt pay 80 bucks even if Street fighta came with a collecter edition pair of Zangeif draws??

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
You need to stop wasting your time with those Tales of the ***** games and get street fighter.
Oh no you didnt. That's grounds for a 3 point combo right there!

_____

But bias aside.

Im over here listening to some Melty Blood Actress Again gamerips. I wish they'd hurry up and put this game on PS2/PC so I can somehow get ahold of it. I want to play this ****in new beast mode Kohaku. She was already fun as **** before and now she's supposed better. Much much better.

As simple as melty blood is, I really like the game. I think it's more of a "I love Kohaku" and I just take the rest of the game with it.

nevershootme

Smash Master
there's always that word of pirating it... but not gonna push that discussion in there.

MB : AC is pretty fun and basic (PC version has the latest revision), what more can u do when you get smacked with a chair during a combo

that's how i enjoyed those 3 attack button games (low, medium, heavy... requires little depth (sans the advanced combos).

notes of interest with similar control scheme: Bleach DS, BlazBlue (coming to america soon), tatsunoko vs capcom

Laijin

Smash Hero

I HAVE played Portrait of Ruin, and it's interesting to say the least. I dont really remember alot about it, and I actually need to play through it again. I do remember that the tag mechanic was kinda kool, although Charlette was pretty much pointless. (however you spell her name).

Charlotte was awesome.
Some of her magic was needed to defeat some enemies a lot easier. Why run the risk of getting hit when you can just spam **** from a distance has always been my way of thinking. :\

notes of interest with similar control scheme: Bleach DS, BlazBlue (coming to america soon), tatsunoko vs capcom
BlazeBlue looks less exciting than watching paint dry on a wall.
The game does not look fun. Does'nt mean it is'nt fun to play. But i've seen tournament matches of almost every character and it just looks so slow and boring. Especially that cat girl. Like really..although I like the "Im gonna run around and throw **** at you all day" type of thinking, its as if she can't do anything else. Who the **** wants to play that all day?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I was lookin to bump this, but didnt even notice what you said exarch.

Yeah, i can teach you some may basics.

Step 1: learn the dolphin loop
Step 2: start finding all your **** that leads to dolphin loop
step 3: everything else is advance techs.

But really, i can teach you a few things, just hit me up.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Might as well make a post.

Been playing Resident Evil 5. This is my first Resident Evil, and I really ****ing enjoyed it. Unfortunately, it was a rental and I had to return it just before I started chapter 6. Good stuff, overall. I like that I can upgrade the weapons and that there's treasure hidden all over the feakin' stages. It's silly, but I'm getting Luigi's Mansion vibes from the loot I get. And I'm also glad there's ammo and herb limitations in the game. If I could hold an infinite supply, this game would be too easy. You can gain Infinite ammo weapons, though, IF you upgrade said weapon of choice to its fullest and beat the game.

I think this rental has ensured a future purchase, no doubt. I am also interested, now, in Resident Evil 4 since I am told it is the better of the two. It's sad that I cannot find a single good copy (box and instruction booklet, or no purchase is made by me) in my area. I was gonna buy the GCN version BECAUSE I have always leaned towards nintendo when a game is multiplatform. The game does look better than the PS2 ver, but lacks the extras. So I may go buy the PS2 version. I won't get the Wii version cause of that ridiculously stupid wiimote.

Also - Don't support the Wii. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I've never been a RE fan. I actually bought 4 the day it came out, owned it for an entire year and never played it. Let my roommates play it and my friend borrow it and they all beat it like 5 times each. I just never cared much for the games BEFORE 4, and then the fact that 4 and 5 took a big step away from the puzzle portion as soon as I was getting into puzzle games didnt really help me.

__

But anyway, since Im not going to go to HERB (frown) I'm trying to entertain myself without trying to kill my wallet.

So i finally decided to pop in Pocky & Rocky 2 on SNES. I've owned the game for 2 years (bought it when Rhinos went out of business among many other games and still havent played 90% of them).

Game is pretty frickin awesome. I wish I could get a password so I could actually turn my SNES off, but I think I have to die or something. And I dun wanna die. Pocky is trying her hardest. EVEN IF THE GAME WANTS TO GIVE ME FALSE INFORMATION LAWL.

Ni-pa!!~~

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But anyway, since Im not going to go to HERB (frown)

>IN QUOTE RESPONSE WATWAT!?! I'm not goin, bro. My purpose there was to stream. Internet is gone, to my reason to go is gone. I'm in the same boat.

So i finally decided to pop in Pocky & Rocky 2 on SNES. I've owned the game for 2 years (bought it when Rhinos went out of business among many other games and still havent played 90% of them).

>You lucky *******. I want that game. There's a ton of SNES games I'd like to get. There's this local gamestore I have here, and they have a ton of games I want to get. The Super Scope itself and the game that goes with it, Soul Blazer, Tales of Destiny II, Wario's Woods for the SNES, and a ton more. The only thing with this store is that they know what games are rarities, and will price them accordingly. :(:(:(
Turns out I need to make some text outside of the quote in order for it to post. :/

Hyper Tails1

Smash Apprentice
rofl. Big *** black guy. End of Discussion.:laugh::laugh:

Moderators should use that mess to shut down threads.:laugh:

-Chad-

Slackerator
Cave Story, everyone should play it.

@Dogy- FF12 is really fun, it's basically like...ALL strategy and I like watching plans work out (and fail). Most of the story is inbetween looooooooong segments of playing and there's a lot of sidequests/hunts and stuff to do that are really fun.

Top Bottom