• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
After coming to some conclusions about people not having a general outlet for Melee discussion, I've created this thread.

So ROM2 has seen a few upsets. Kage beat Mango twice and HungryBox won (From what I've read in the SQUAT Thread).

Maybe Mango was having an off day?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
it's the super smash brothers boards but you can only discuss melee in the melee discussion thread

shut up

tibs7

Smash Champion
apparently he was drunk/hungover
as dekar said to me "johns imo"
kage is just to beast

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
apparently he was drunk/hungover
as dekar said to me "johns imo"
kage is just to beast
lol, like that time M2K lost to Jman at Apex.
He won Brawl (I think), got drunk, then got 2nd in Melee.

@Deks:
I'm not saying don't discuss anywhere but here. People should feel free to discuss Melee everywhere they usually do, but this thread should provide a general go to point for everyone to see. For example, people may not actually be checking the SQUAT thread, but if they play Melee, and are sincerely interested, they will probably check here.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
***** can't handle his alcohol.

Upsets happen. Doesnt make Mango any worse of a player, he just got beat. He'll play better and win another day but good **** from kage, beats mango with GANON.

Melancholy

Smash Ace
OMG was anyone watching the Darc vs. PP set?

Third game, PP (falco) is down 2 stock, darc grabs him at low percent, up throw, rest. PHANTOM HIT REST.

Then PP starts beasting on Darc and comes back to win.

It was amazing O.O

Then I had to go to work and stopped watching the stream. Where did Kage finish? Who won teams?

tibs7

Smash Champion
OMG PHANTOM REST! thats ****.
there is some thread with like top 5 i think. no proper results up as of yet...

Sieg

Smash Champion
Remember that time Ken got 9th?

That was an upset. Doesn't stop him from being the best Melee player ever though.

S.D

Smash Master
OMG was anyone watching the Darc vs. PP set?

Third game, PP (falco) is down 2 stock, darc grabs him at low percent, up throw, rest. PHANTOM HIT REST.

Then PP starts beasting on Darc and comes back to win.

It was amazing O.O

Then I had to go to work and stopped watching the stream. Where did Kage finish? Who won teams?
Yeah I saw that ****, went from a certain win to a loss somehow, poor darc!

Mango and Lucky won teams against Vwins and Vans (Canada) in GF, Kage wound up 3rd after beating Mango.

Everyone was saying Mango had an off day, and maybe he did to some extent, but right before he played kage he rolled through lucky, cactuar and Jman like it was nothing so can't have been that bad...

That being said Mango is still the best and most consistent, I mean this is the first tournament he has failed to win in something like 2 years, everyones allowed a slip up, will probably just motivate him to **** harder at pound 4.

<3 livestream.

Thanks for the thread Vyse, you were right on the money with why i posted in the SQUAT thread, sorry for off topicness.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
even if he was having an off day. if he still rolled through lucky and cactuar then something's gotta be said for beating him with GANON. kage is too beast.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yeah their streams are win

you even chat with other watchers and the commentators

Sieg

Smash Champion
Oh ****.

****ing Combo.

Where You At.

Ooooo

AWOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO