• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gender-Neutral Easy-Bake Oven Announced By Hasbro Following 13-Year-Old's Petition

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Cooking is the easiest thing in the world, it just takes patience, which is why most people can't actually do it right.
Don't forget experimentation, since cooking requires that too (unless that and patience go hand in hand?). But yes, I agree 100% with this post.

:phone:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yeah that falls under patience.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Santa why do you never give presents to people in Africa

Is it because they're black?
No it's because white people haven't donated enough to Santa's Africa kitty.

Kellz

Smash Cadet
NNID
MissKellyAesop
3DS FC
2466-4507-1948
I think they agreed for good progessive publicity ;;x3 That, and hell, it's a whole new market to tackle. This isn't exactly out of the kindness of their hearts or refelect their equal rights ideas, but whatever.

Treats for kids everywhere!! :awesome:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Blurring gender lines does not mean equality. Allowing women to play football with men for example does not make them equal physically, and it's not like they were seen as lesser beings for not being able to do so.

Also, it's not just "not much", iiiiiiiiiit's ****ing noooothiiiiiiiiing. This is a win for a few boys who will still be teased anyway and will in no way lead a better life for it.

The amount of delusional bull**** being spouted here is so hilarious that it makes me smash my head into car windows.
TBH, it would have been more of a gender equality issue if males weren't allowed to buy it before. The only thing stopping them from getting it is societal ideals on associations with colors having to do with genders.

It also isn't solving gender equality, but ignoring the issue and trying to find a way around it.

TBH, it actually helps to separate men and woman by having colors associated with them and giving into that societal view on genders

This is literally the mentality everybody in the OP is trying to combat.

And the Easy Bake Oven should've been sold in many different colors in the first place.

S7GF

Smash Journeyman
I'm not gonna lie. Ever since I was a little boy, I wanted an Easy-Bake Oven. I am now 18 years old, and I still want one. Those treats always looked ****ing delicious.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Then you have the double standard that all grown-ups who buy toys are childish and/or pedophiles. :troll:

I laud Hasbro for blurring gender lines for a product that has a functionally applicable to both genders. While I don't like to associate colors with genders, it would at least remove a stereotype of marketing. Sheesh, pink is one of my favorite colors. I mean, my favorite video game character sports it like a boss! :kirby2: Besides, I never had an Easy Bake Oven when I was a kid because I had no sisters. ._.

Teran's post explains the cooking mentality perfectly. Both of my parents are great chefs with creative recipes and I sometimes cook myself. I baked chocolate cupcakes by myself to give a female friend for her birthday. How many famous chefs do you see that are female? Not many. Even for you dudebros out there, forget microwaving Easy Macs and Cups-o-Ramen! Back in the hunter-gather days, it was the men who hunted for their ingredients and cooked it over the fire!

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I don't think I'd have the patience to use an easy-bake oven. Heck, I don't really have the patience to use a real oven.

What I always thought strange is the fact that cooking is stereotypically considered a female/house-wifely thing, but head chefs are stereotypically male. I've heard some significant bias against professional female chefs. Why do we think that is?

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I felt that I don't have the patience to wait for a few minutes while somethings in the oven/microwave/stove for whatever step of what I'm making. But I don't want to waste any effort or supplies and always know the end result will pay off. ;)

Life is ironic in the strangest ways, huh? The only female chefs I can name off the top of my head are Julia Child, Rachel Ray, and Cat Cora and I don't hear about the third anymore. I'm sure if you watch Food Network or dabble around some cooking sites you'll find some. Can't really muster up a reason to why a bias persists, but it reminds me of some of the inequalities you sometimes hear about in many more industries than the culinary field.

Top Bottom