• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gen 6 Pokemon will be out BEFORE Smash 4...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Its type hasn't been revealed yet.

Its pic shows type as ???. Who knows, it may be a ??? Type. :troll:

:phone:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
New Eeveelution is gonna be Fire and Psychic-type, obviously. :troll:

Can't you see it's a fusion between Eevee and Victini? All you need to do is fuse them! :troll:

Seriously, now... thinking on the name "Ninfia", it kind of reminds me of the word Nymph and it definitely has a more effeminate appearence. I'm betting it will be a Normal-type of Flying-type (or both).

Another crazier possibilty is... that it's going to be Dragon-type (he's using a fiery type in one of Corocoro's screens). And it's appearence also kind of reminds me of Altaria.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Is there a possibility of it being a dual type?

@Frostwraith
Pokemon name tend to change between English and Japanese.
I'm betting it's English name will also end in -eon, like other eeveelutions. So I don't think we should consider it's Japanese name.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah... but the previous Eevelution names in both Japanese and English are alusive to their typing:

English names: | Japanese names:
Vaporeon|Showers
Jolteon|Thunders
Flareon|Booster
Espeon|Eifie*
Umbreon|Blacky
Leafeon|Leafia
Glaceon|Glacia
* comes from ESP, just like the English name, meaning extrasensorial perception, or esper (a user of ESP), alusive to its Psychic type, called Esper type in Japan.

As we can see, all of the names, whether Japanese or English, correlate to its type. Unless GF makes an exception, we can probably make a guess, since it's always been like this for the Eeveelutions. Once again, I warn of the possiblity of GF breaking the pattern. After all, they broke the third version pattern present in the previous generations in Gen V, with the release of Black and White Versions 2, these being direct sequels instead of enhanced versions of BW.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'm liking the new Eevee evolution and I am interested to see what this secret to this new evolution to Eevee is.

I really hope there will be more info on the Genesect and Mewtwo movie too. But I guess its possible Mewtwo could return to SSB4.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ah yes, I see. The name does seem to be based on Nymph.

Going by its Wikipedia page:
Wikipedia said:
A nymph (Greek: νύμφη, nymphē) in Greek mythology is a minor female nature deity typically associated with a particular location or landform. There are 5 different types of nymphs, Celestial Nymphs, Water Nymphs, Land Nymphs, Plant Nymphs and Underworld Nymphs.
It is possibly a flying type.

A crazier possibility is (going by biological meaning of nymph), bug type. :laugh:

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Habanero knows the future guys.

Also, to me this was like a mewtwo confirmation. He's one of the top 3 most wanted newcomers and he's already been in the game.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Would be interesting to see Eevee in Smash 4. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah... but the previous Eevelution names in both Japanese and English are alusive to their typing:

Vaporeon|Showers
Jolteon|Thunders
Flareon|Booster
Espeon|Eifie*
Umbreon|Blacky
Leafeon|Leafia
Glaceon|Glacia
* comes from ESP, just like the English name, meaning extrasensorial perception, or esper (a user of ESP), alusive to its Psychic type, called Esper type in Japan.

As we can see, all of the names, whether Japanese or English, correlate to its type. Unless GF makes an exception, we can probably make a guess, since it's always been like this for the Eeveelutions. Once again, I warn of the possiblity of GF breaking the pattern. After all, they broke the third version pattern present in the previous generations in Gen V, with the release of Black and White Versions 2, these being direct sequels instead of enhanced versions of BW.
LOL? Blacky?

I like the name Esper better than Psychic. They should have used that.

Although when you really think of the word, meaning ESP'er, it sounds more stupid

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
That actually makes sense though. X and Y create a plain, Z goes off of it. When you die you leave the plain of existence...?
Ghost does make the most sense out of the existing types to fit Z.

If ninfia is flying, maybe its name will be based on a cloud type.

Nimbeon. (Nimbus)
Strateon. (Stratus)
Cirreon. (Cirrus)
Cumuleon. (Cumulus)

I like the first two.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm wondering about Lucario's chances now. :urg:
Looking better than ever actually. Zoroark's impact on the franchise failed (though it still has a chance, it's nowhere near Lucario or even Jigglypuff's level yet), there's no new Gen 6 Pokemon to come up out of nowhere, and the roster more than likely has already been decided. Lucario was also put back into a bit of spotlight for defeating Ash at the Unova League.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If ninfia is flying, maybe its name will be based on a cloud type.

Nimbeon. (Nimbus)
Strateon. (Stratus)
Cirreon. (Cirrus)
Cumuleon. (Cumulus)

I like the first two.
Frostwraith's post should help here.

Vaporeon|Showers
Jolteon|Thunders
Flareon|Booster
Espeon|Eifie*
Umbreon|Blacky
Leafeon|Leafia
Glaceon|Glacia
Note the names for the Leafeon and Glaceon. Going by that, it'll perhaps be named 'Nympheon' as the name seems to be based on 'Nymph'.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hey, if there are five types of nymphs (There are 5 different types of nymphs, Celestial Nymphs, Water Nymphs, Land Nymphs, Plant Nymphs and Underworld Nymphs) then considering we already have a water and plant Eeveelution, perhaps celestial, land, and underworld will give us Flying, Ground, and Ghost Eeveelutions? Seeing as how these are all traditionally Physical Types, we could get a physical eeveelution trio whereas Gen I got a special type eeveelution trio.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Looking better than ever actually. Zoroark's impact on the franchise failed (though it still has a chance, it's nowhere near Lucario or even Jigglypuff's level yet), there's no new Gen 6 Pokemon to come up out of nowhere, and the roster more than likely has already been decided. Lucario was also put back into a bit of spotlight for defeating Ash at the Unova League.
Indeed. All CoroCoro did was solidify Mewtwo's return. I'm quite surprised that GameFreak decided not to have a new anthropomorphic mascot creature, but perhaps it was Zoroark's failure that made them reconsider making one.

Looks like the Pokemon roster may go without a 6th or even 5th Gen Pokemon after all. We may just get Brawl's roster + Mewtwo. I'm actually fine with that now. I'd rather that than some truly random 6th Gen Pokemon.

D

Deleted member

Watch as Ninfia is actually being considered. :troll:
Well, pictures of it in-battle on the magazine show it extending it's "ribbons". Perhaps they would be similar to Ivysaur's vines?

Though I agree; with no known equivilent to Lucario/Zoroark for this Gen, and instead, Mewtwo showing his face again, things are looking pretty up to have both Mewtwo and Lucario as Brawl intended.

As for Zoroark, there still is the off chance she can be added as well, given that she still is a newer, workable Pokemon with a certain degree of popularity and notability, and that won't really be taken away from her unless Genesect manages to become super popular after this coming movie or a new 6th Gen manages to become popular and notable like how Pichu became for the 2nd.

peeup

Smash Lord
What if Ninfia was actually a normal eeveelution?

EDIT: Actually I think Ninfia will be Light type.

And Xerneas will also be Light, and Yveltal will be Sound.

You heard it here first folks.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I love that a Pokémon's popularity is determined not just by appearances, but by sheer design. That's what I have always been most interested in — the vast array of creature designs.

I still think Mewtwo is the very best one, perhaps even one of the best character designs of all time.

What if Ninfia was actually a normal eeveelution?

EDIT: Actually I think Ninfia will be Light type.

And Xerneas will also be Light, and Yveltal will be Sound.

You heard it here first folks.
I think it's quite telling that "Sound" has gained some popularity as a new type. It first occurred to me back in '08 when I was predicting Gen V possibilities. I thought, "hey, instead of the obvious "Light" type being added, what if "Sound" could work? There are a number of Pokémon based on sound or the projection thereof. Jigglypuff family, Exploud family, Meloetta, Zubat, etc. Even the Voltorb family could adopt it as a secondary type.

Then over the years I started seeing other people devise the same idea. Not suggesting anyone took it from me, just that it's becoming a "thing" amongst the pokecommunities. Really interesting.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Frostwraith's post should help here.

Note the names for the Leafeon and Glaceon. Going by that, it'll perhaps be named 'Nympheon' as the name seems to be based on 'Nymph'.
Maybe Nymbeon. Close to nymph and alludes to nimbus which relates to flying.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Lol. But yeah, at certain times of the day, it's amazingly quiet. And at other times, it moves blindingly fast.

And that's what I like about it. :laugh:

Chepe

Smash Lord
I think it's quite telling that "Sound" has gained some popularity as a new type. It first occurred to me back in '08 when I was predicting Gen V possibilities. I thought, "hey, instead of the obvious "Light" type being added, what if "Sound" could work? There are a number of Pokémon based on sound or the projection thereof. Jigglypuff family, Exploud family, Meloetta, Zubat, etc. Even the Voltorb family could adopt it as a secondary type.

Then over the years I started seeing other people devise the same idea. Not suggesting anyone took it from me, just that it's becoming a "thing" amongst the pokecommunities. Really interesting.
I thought of a Sound type way back in the Gold/Silver days. :p I made some terrible fakemon to be of the type and everything. But yeah, it's interesting to see how the idea has taken off.

Funnily enough, there are actually a few things that I thought of during the era of Gold/Silver that ended up being somewhat implemented in the games during Gen III. The "sound type" is alluded to through the Soundproof ability. I made up a fakemon that was extremely powerful but could disobey its trainer which held it back (a concept fulfilled through Slaking). I made up quite a few Pokemon moves, including a Fire-type move called Heat Wave. I remembered how surprised I was when I first discovered these things in Ruby.

peeup

Smash Lord
I gotta say, Gen III was probably my least favorite because it felt like such a huge letdown that they didn't create any new types like they did in Gen II. For that matter, I've been disappointed with IV and V as well because I want some new types gosh darnit.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Here is another theory. I believe Ninfia is a flying evolution as stated before and that there will be a ground version to complement her. This would represents the Y axis (air) and the X axis (ground).

However, what if the designers decided to play with X and Y as chromosomes. X for a female, Y for a male. Ninfia is suppose to mean nymph in Japanese. Nymphs are typically Greek female supernatural creatures. The male version? Satyr. I wonder if there is a second Eeveelution, it is a ground type with male attributes and goat features. Maybe goat horns and hooves.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Here is another theory. I believe Ninfia is a flying evolution as stated before and that there will be a ground version to complement her. This would represents the Y axis (air) and the X axis (ground).

However, what if the designers decided to play with X and Y as chromosomes. X for a female, Y for a male. Ninfia is suppose to mean nymph in Japanese. Nymphs are typically Greek female supernatural creatures. The male version? Satyr. I wonder if there is a second Eeveelution, it is a ground type with male attributes and goat features. Maybe goat horns and hooves.
Once again, here you go impressing me and telling me what to hope for.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I gotta say, Gen III was probably my least favorite because it felt like such a huge letdown that they didn't create any new types like they did in Gen II. For that matter, I've been disappointed with IV and V as well because I want some new types gosh darnit.
personally i feel they've moved past the point where they introduce new types so it seem rather unlikely, but you never know

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
^I agree. I thought Gen V would've been the perfect time to introduce the Light type with Zekrom and Reshiram and the whole yin and yang thing. Oh well. However, at this point I'm doubting we'll ever get new typing, though it would add something new to the game, which people love to complain about with Pokemon nowadays (though the 3D has shut them up a bit recently :awesome:). Really Light is the only decent suggestion left. Sound, Space, Digital, Virus, etc. are all kinda meh IMO.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Triple typed pokemon would be pointless, not to mention broken.

Double typed pokemon already 1HKO from double weakness from some attacks, depending on the pokemon.

A more interesting thing for them to add would be double typed attacks, although I don't really see a point to that either.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I'm actually betting now, on this being a Nidoking/Nidoqueen type thing.
Female Eevee can turn into normal Ninfea somehow, while Male Eevee can evolve into a more boyish looking normal Eco somehow. Same name, different look.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think it will be a female/male transformation as well. Eevee female turns to Sylveon with the right conditions and the male eevee turns into a ground type.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm in the new-type boat. Because they touted this Gen as an "evolution" of Pokemon and all that rot. Given it's relation name-wise to Nymphs and Sylvans, I'm going to say Light, or even a "Fairy" type. Hey, it *could* work. Snubbul, the Clefairy family, Jigg could adopt it. Volbeat/Illumise as a secondary. Etc. There's just so many Normal types, adding a type like that is a good way to thin the herd.

I also like the prospect of Xerneas/Yveltal being Light/Something and Sound/Something respectively. But hey, we've theorized new types for literally years and they haven't happened since Gen 2. Who knows if we'll ever see them outside of hacks?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Yeah,I'm getting the feeling they should try to make an Eevee similar to that sick one from the Manga that could change between it's Eeveelutions at will. that way it could rep gens 1,2,4,and 6 at the same time.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Wait, we finally got some new types and there's a new movie coming out starring Mewtwo? I swear, I miss out on everything lol

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait, we finally got some new types and there's a new movie coming out starring Mewtwo? I swear, I miss out on everything lol
No new types, but there is a movie starring Mewtwo coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom