• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gematsu is not Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
"Animal Crossing Guy" Obviously meaning he sees images, Not names and info. And Robin and Shulk look almost exactly like eachother, So the tapper probably looked up images... Found Shulk then was like "Yep, That's him.".

So basically Shulk is Robin.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Chrom isn't playable, though. He appears to be a part of Robin's final smash.
That was part of the leak too.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
No... it's over, let it go. What Gematsu had wasn't actually full accuracy, it was just that no newcomer it stated was ever confirmed to not be in. Now we have such a case with Chrom, so add onto that the newcomers he never even predicted, as well as the off dates for reveals in some occasions, and you have yourself a dead leak.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Chrom isn't playable, though. He appears to be a part of Robin's final smash.
That was part of the leak too.
And plus since this is probably Image-Based Chorus Kids are most likely Marshal.

josh bones

Smash Lord
No... it's over, let it go. What Gematsu had wasn't actually full accuracy, it was just that no newcomer it stated was ever confirmed to not be in. Now we have such a case with Chrom, so add onto that the newcomers he never even predicted, as well as the off dates for reveals in some occasions, and you have yourself a dead leak.
WHy is it over? Because DaDavid is raging? He revealed mii fighters by name, predicted wii fit trainer. And lucina is a marth alt.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
WHy is it over? Because DaDavid is raging? He revealed mii fighters by name, predicted wii fit trainer. And lucina is a marth alt.
it only looks like one of us is raging if you look at our two posts, but okay, I'll reiterate.

I think it's over because the evidence suggests it is. We can keep making excuses for it but the more we do that the more suspect it appears. It's remarkable that he predicted those things by name, but it's just as noteworthy that Chrom is in fact not in and that he didn't manage to mention Greninja by name despite being able to call out those two characters.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I stick to my theory and i think i should just mention 1 thing.

Gematsu can't be wrong until the game is released. (Unless he gets too specific)

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

I hate to make this argument, considering I want to believe but... There is no way Robin was confused for Shulk. Even if they have similar appearances, wouldn't you agree that the absence or presence of the Monado would clue someone in on whether or not the character was Shulk? If someone saw one of the pictures on the website earlier than we did, and earlier than they were supposed to, even in passing, they'd see that nobody was holding the Monado, and therefore, they'd know the character in the picture wasn't Shulk.

Last edited:

Zango

Smash Apprentice
It's true that Gematsu has made some pretty accurate predictions so far; however, this latest trailer blows much if not all of his credibility out of the water.

Not only was he blatantly wrong about Chrom, but he also sent an e-mail out last night "confirming" the trailer today was going to be Shulk.

If he really was getting his leaks from promotional material, he would've known well in advance that the trailer today was most definitely not Shulk.

MINUSTHEFIGHTER

Smash Rookie
NNID
trueb7ue
3DS FC
1461-6195-7866
*sigh* I was really hoping this reveal would put the final nail in the coffin for the oh-so-convenient Gematsu leak..

josh bones

Smash Lord
it only looks like one of us is raging if you look at our two posts, but okay, I'll reiterate.

I think it's over because the evidence suggests it is. We can keep making excuses for it but the more we do that the more suspect it appears. It's remarkable that he predicted those things by name, but it's just as noteworthy that Chrom is in fact not in and that he didn't manage to mention Greninja by name despite being able to call out those two characters.
Sakurai said he chose greninja before X/Y came out so xy pokemon makes sence. Animal crossing guy makes just as much sence for that reason. His information is outdated, so they were all placeholder characters. Chrom just meant fire emblem character, AKA lucina. Robin has the rosalina clause, and falcon is a vet. Sorry If i came off angry, I just think that chorus men is what keeps this leak from being disconfirmed.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Yes it is over.
He got lucky with Wii Fit Trainer. The other characters were all pretty easy guesses.
He never mentioned Rosalina or Lucina, and he said Chrom was playable.

Eliskor

Smash Rookie
Robin looks like Shulk? I...don't see it. To me they look nothing alike. I was one of the ones believing Gematsu but now, just give it up. Stick a fork in it, its done.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
It's true that Gematsu has made some pretty accurate predictions so far; however, this latest trailer blows much if not all of his credibility out of the water.

Not only was he blatantly wrong about Chrom, but he also sent an e-mail out last night "confirming" the trailer today was going to be Shulk.

If he really was getting his leaks from promotional material, he would've known well in advance that the trailer today was most definitely not Shulk.
Just because he said i hope you enjoy Shulk doesn't mean "Shulk will be confirmed in this trailer today on the livestream.".

And i would like to see the smartest man in the world predict Wii Fit Trainer to be a playable character for a game that isn't even released yet.

And who is the tapper anyway!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom