• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I think I'm joining the "ARs are too powerful" group. Late night KotH is like a cesspool for clans who'll HB you down the minute you think about leaving cover. If you wan to win, there's really no reason to learn anything other than how to coordinate AR fire.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
No it has the same stopping power, instead they just made it not lose power over range, so you can down someone from a distance just as fast as you can down them a few feet away from you.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Stopping power has been removed from hammerburst + retro, and I believe pete might be removing stopping power from lancer in alpha soon.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Its funny how irrational the rifle fan base is. They used to advocate rifles under the guise of balance, which was fine, but now there are people who want the rifles to be powerful AND have stopping power. Personally, I'd rather see them keep the stopping power, but lose the bullet strength. No stopping power doesn't really matter because after a couple shots they can just melee you if you get close enough to gnash them. With less bullet strength, those crossfire situations won't be as hopeless and people can actually move from place to place.

:phone:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
*TEAMMATE PICKS UP BOOMSHOT*

*A short while later, teammate gets killed, enemy team pick up Boomshot*

This must happen about 95% of the time I've seen a teammate pick up that weapon.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I saw a GT today that said "NerftheSO" ...as much as I loathe the sawed-off (simply because I suck at using it) I intentionally went around with the sawed-off only killing him. The best part? I got my teammates to use the sawed-off as well.

:troll:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Joined into a match with 2 friends, first round, because we joined mid match our team was losing 2-11.

We joined it, I brought down 4 of them they took me down twice, it ended up with my friend Dexter vs 3 of them and they chased him down and downed him.

Thing was, they decided to **** him after than and do a full Y execution. Because of that I made sure I ruined them in the next round. I was constantly winning 3 on 1 matches and half way through the next round their whole team rage quit, LOL.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Do you guys have the new DLC to play on dedicated servers? I didn't know this went down, as I haven't played in a while haha. By the way, GT is bornyellowboi - I'll have to look up the capitalizations for case sensitivity later, as I inherited my brother's old 360 and GT heh heh. Also, play Halo makes me suck at Gears.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
For people with DLC to play on the Non-dedicated servers(player hosted) you can pick the players choice playlist or delete the DLC. Also who hates when the Team leader(CTL) either sucks at being leader or is a bot(doesn't play very well and recklessly charges in to the enemy team).

I remember this situation on Bullet Marsh where Me and my team was running towards the boomshot but what they did was wait for the enemy to take it, They let me die!

By the way any one wanna get the achievements that require a team 5 onyx guards on horde or host a private match with 5 people on a horde command pack map or the win a match using 5 Recruit Clayton Carmines or 5 Savage Mauraders.
(Level 51)

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
For people with DLC to play on the Non-dedicated servers(player hosted) you can pick the players choice playlist or delete the DLC. Also who hates when the Team leader(CTL) either sucks at being leader or is a bot(doesn't play very well and recklessly charges in to the enemy team).

I remember this situation on Bullet Marsh where Me and my team was running towards the boomshot but what they did was wait for the enemy to take it, They let me die!

By the way any one wanna get the achievements that require a team 5 onyx guards on horde or host a private match with 5 people on a horde command pack map or the win a match using 5 Recruit Clayton Carmines or 5 Savage Mauraders.
(Level 51)
Why would you want to play on player-hosted servers?

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Last couple days have been horrible for me. Connections so bad I've actually had to start leading shots. Anyone else noticing a big difference in connection quality recently?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I noticed about 3 weeks ago (Before I stopped playing) that i've been getting random lag spikes.
And it sure as hell isn't my internet, so yeah probably something with the servers.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm really mad with the people who made this game.

It's not fair that I need to spend more money on DLC just so I get dedicated servers, and not even end up liking the map pack anyways. I didn't like any of the maps, and honestly all that fought my attention in the way of characters was the savage kantus which I only chose because I guessed it was better than normal Kantus

This is so stupid, I don't want to play player choice for dedi servers without the DLC. Why not just create a new playlist for all the DLC maps instead? Oh wait because then Epic and M$ wouldn't be making any money on the DLC of course

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I can see why people are mad at that, but to be honest I'd be pretty pissed off if I couldn't play on the servers just because other people were too cheap to buy the map packs. I wouldn't want a seperate playlist with just the map pack, I'd want a normal playlist with all the maps like we have.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I can see why people are mad at that, but to be honest I'd be pretty pissed off if I couldn't play on the servers just because other people were too cheap to buy the map packs. I wouldn't want a seperate playlist with just the map pack, I'd want a normal playlist with all the maps like we have.
It's not about being "cheap", it's about the principle.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Pluvia, I spent 80$ on this game and I spent an extra 100$ on the replica lancer. Considering I've given these people a lot of my money, I'd expect at least some humanity in letting me use the dedi servers whether or not I actually have the DLC. They repeatedly said before the game came out that the game would have dedicated servers in public and I bought the game based off of how good the multiplayer looked. I don't want to spend even more money just so I'm not at a disadvantage against others. It's like if infinity ward suddenly decided to charge everyone an extra fee in order to always get host or something. I was 0% interested in the map pack until I saw player's choice sucks and playing on hosted servers is god awful, so my gameplay got worse. All the maps besides maybe Azura seemed pretty terrible to me and I didn't want any of the new characters and I certainly wasn't interested in re upping either

I feel like Epic released a half ***** map pack just so they can charge people extra in order to use their servers which everyone initially could use

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Just as I was complaining about connections, this happens:

My shotty was incredibly OP that match. I've never 2-shotted so many people down without actives so consistently in my life.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
To be honest my favorite part of Horde Command pack is Blood Drive than Azura than the Characters. What can I say I don't like RustLung much and the Horde fortifications are already in game(SilverBack level 2, Onyx Guards, and Bernie are in Beast and Campaign, Onyx Guard Decoys are ******** they get themselves killed by jumping out with a Gnasher) Not to mention he DLC was 1.9 mbs so all the stuff was in the disc already.
RAAM's Shadow is the best DLC with 3 hours of Campaign, 6 Multiplayer characters(4 Cog, 2 Locust) and Chocolate weapon skins(Win!). Honestly I just Wish this came with 2-3 maps(Ilima City, the School, and maybe the orphanage)
Fenix Rising's Maps are Huge(with barely any pickups ,look at anvil) though the best one is Escalation than the Slab(for me) We got 2 Half-***** Skins and 2 good skins (Savage Marrauder and Recruit Clayton)( I dont get how we dont have Bolter,Cyclops,Gunner, Palace Guard and Grappler MP Skins for Locust, Maybe a Savage Sniper[Gold/Onyx headshot medal?] or Golden Spotter[Gold/Onyx Spotter Medal?]or a kantus skin unlocked with Onyx Medic Medal?)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Gears of War 3 'Forces of Nature' DLC emerges March 27

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/17/gears-of-war-3-forces-of-nature-dlc-emerges-march-27/

the "Forces of Nature" DLC will add three new maps to Gears of War 3 dubbed Aftermath, Artillery, and Cove along with two returning locales, Jacinto and Raven Down.
In addition to the maps, the DLC includes four character models, which were previously available as a pre-order bonus (seen after the break); five new weapon skins for immediate use; and two skins only unlockable via the Forces of Nature content.
This DLC will prolly be $10/800 MSP.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I'm so glad that the other 3 pre-order characters come with the dlc now. Since the Savage Kantus (my pre-order character btw) was made available to everyone, then its good that the other 3 pre-order characters are made available to everyone as well. I hope there's new content for Beast mode in this dlc.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The pre order characters shouldn't have been made available in the first place. There's a reason why they're called exclusives and maybe I want to show off a character I worked hard to get that others don't.

Maybe I WAS lucky to live in a place near jack in the box ad maybe I could've gotten the code from them, and it would've been exclusive, but now it isn't and you can just buy it online

Maybe I'm proud to use Commando Dom which not everyone has, but now everyone and their mothers will use him once he becomes available

Next they're also gonna put up Adam Fenix for sale too even though I had to buy the LE for him I bet

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
The pre order characters shouldn't have been made available in the first place. There's a reason why they're called exclusives and maybe I want to show off a character I worked hard to get that others don't.

Maybe I WAS lucky to live in a place near jack in the box ad maybe I could've gotten the code from them, and it would've been exclusive, but now it isn't and you can just buy it online

Maybe I'm proud to use Commando Dom which not everyone has, but now everyone and their mothers will use him once he becomes available

Next they're also gonna put up Adam Fenix for sale too even though I had to buy the LE for him I bet

I see what you're saying but if they make my pre-order character available to everyone then I want the other 3 made available as well.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
The first page needs to be updated. -.-
Besides that I hope that "New"(Lambent Infected Gears 3-ified) Jacinto won't have (Game breaking Noob) glitches.(and I hope that we can have an option to turn on/off lambent/Locust for a Lambent only/Locust only or Lambent and locust round of horde. A ratio of Locust Creatures to Lambent creatures to spawn?)
Also I'm gonna start a private match and jump in the imulsion when this come out(LoL).
But seriously I hope that they can also add the Original versions of these stages(And Gridlock too!)

Why can't they add Assassination too?

Edit: If we get Adam Fenix give out Young Adam (Pendulum Wars)or Adam in his Lab coats(Play the end of gears 3 campaign he's like a playable character i.e.:Holds gorgon pistol and fires from it, Revives downed players, hides under cover, could get downed[Can he die? I'm going to try that when I unlock the friendly fire mutator], ect......)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Tempting, but I wouldn't know what to update and what to put down since I haven't really been playing GoW3 the past 2 months or keeping check on things like the official forum or DLC's like I did for GoW2.

I started playing Gears 3 this weekend for the first time in a while and I didn't know they added so many maps. A lot of them are really good, but at the same time, some of them are pretty big, and not the best for shotgunning. I'm not that familiar with any of them though, so my opinion is bound to change over time.

Also, I went 19-0 in lives in Team Deathmatch against a "clan" with a team of randoms. As in, my team only got one death LOL. The second game was 18-0. I think it was on Gridlock, but I don't remember.

Well my Xbox is still messed up (freezes after a couple of minutes of use), and I don't have Live, so I won't be able to join you anytime soon. I really miss playing Gears though, so I'm gonna actively be trying to play that game again.

We'll play one day, Pluvia.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Can I edit the first post F8AL?
Also S*** Xbox Live Expired, better renew it before Forces of Nature, at least I'll be able to train on the bots and try out and practice the different weapons(mostly heavys tho).

Top Bottom