• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Annoyingly, after one or two losses that we shoulda won, my W/L ratio has dropped to 19.5.

Managed to do good today though, now have 695 skunker medals hurrah!

:phone:

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Epic might not even be considering AR nerfs. I've heard from the forums that Epic is happy with the ARs as they are. It's a shame, because the only reason Epic can't see that there's a problem with them is because the majority of the community chooses not to abuse them. Admittedly, I don't have much trouble with the ARs on a regular basis, but when I occasionally run across a team of organized AR users, it's a pretty hopeless situation.

I haven't played since earlier and the servers were off, anyone know if they're back yet?

ThreeX

Smash Lord
I really doubt they'll be making any changes to the ARs. However I know Petenub had said after new years he'd be creating more "dungeon master tools" and will be making more playlists or something. I think he mentioned the possibility of a stopping power free weekend.

ThreeX

Smash Lord

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Definately not Gears 1. The Lancer was powerful but without stopping power, and the fact that wallbouncing made your bullets stronger in a sense, the Gnasher completely dominated it.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Man, I'm sick of playing against people that are 10 times better than I am. Is wanting to play against people closer to my skill level too much to ask?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yes, cause EPIC can't determine your skill level based on others.
They only look at your achievements and say "Hey, this guy got level 100 in GoW2, That means he must be a pretty good player! Team him up with others who were level 100 in GoW3 servers!"
Which is both good and bad since in GoW2 that glitch where people could get to level 100 without actually playing existed for quite awhile. (Or I think it was never fixed now that I think about it...)
That and resetting to level 1.

Well I guess your achievements And possibly W/L ratio/KD from GoW2 modes you played the most...

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Here is a really good KoTH scrim between MBN and ambition. Fallout let the voices play through and it really made the video much more intense. I suggest checking it out for all you koth heads :D Ambition seems to play extremely well on koth, IMO the most consistent team in that gametype right now

http://youtu.be/6spEf6LEDr8

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I hate people that get beat, then slag you off in the after match lobby by calling you bad etc, then quit.

Honestly, if you're raging then just quit. You only slag someone off if you're going to stay in and beat them in the next match, otherwise you might as well just cry in the lobby because it's the same as slagging off the people that beat you and running away.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Hey people. I've been playin Gears for a while and just noticed this exist. What's good? Do you all play with each other or do you guys have your own separate crew? I typically don't play in a party, as my only real life buddy has his own **** to deal with. I mainly CTL, KOtH, and horde. I don't TDM or execution, but I dislike going solo in that.

I'm not that great but I'm not a noob either. I usually run ham, gnash unless my trigger finger is having an off day; then I go lancer, gnash.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
I'm going to take a guess that the next DLC will be a Locust Based DLC(Beast Mode,Map Pack and MP locust skin pack)
It all adds up.(What the DLC is made for, They always add new Maps/Chars)
1st DLC : Horde Command Pack(New stuff for horde,3 Chars,New Maps)
2nd: RAAM's Shadow(New Campaign Act, 6 chars,4 Cog,2 Locust)
3rd: Fenix Rising(New Maps,2 New Chars, 2 Chars Existing Chars [Cole Train and Savage Kantus are Unlocked] A new Re-Up System)
Also there was a Booster Map Pack which added 2 Maps and the maps from Horde Command Pack for Public VS Play.
4th:Beast Mode(Maybe New Chars in Beast mode[ex. Flame Grenadier Theron ect...] Maybe we might get Lambent Beast mode or Playable Lambent in VS mode)

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I'm going to take a guess that the next DLC will be a Locust Based DLC(Beast Mode,Map Pack and MP locust skin pack)
It all adds up.(What the DLC is made for, They always add new Maps/Chars)
1st DLC : Horde Command Pack(New stuff for horde,3 Chars,New Maps)
2nd: RAAM's Shadow(New Campaign Act, 6 chars,4 Cog,2 Locust)
3rd: Fenix Rising(New Maps,2 New Chars, 2 Chars Existing Chars [Cole Train and Savage Kantus are Unlocked] A new Re-Up System)
Also there was a Booster Map Pack which added 2 Maps and the maps from Horde Command Pack for Public VS Play.
4th:Beast Mode(Maybe New Chars in Beast mode[ex. Flame Grenadier Theron ect...] Maybe we might get Lambent Beast mode or Playable Lambent in VS mode)
I sure hope so, there are already a ton of COG skins. They also need to come out with a Skorge skin.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
So apparently epic will be adding a new playlist called "Stay frosty" it is a powered up hammerburst only loadout, no shotgun, a modified pistol, and a "toned down frag".

"HB is 4 shot kill no headshot bonus. Snub is 5 shots to the body or a 2 shot kill to the head."
"No DBNO either. In fact the killing shot gibs what ever body part it hits. Pretty satisfying."
"There are no pick-up weapons on the map except for the occasional toned down frag grenade."
(these are all coming from quinn's twitter)

Petenub also mentioned that he was thinking about deleting the alpha playlist in place of stranded or BTTE because of the low numbers :(

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
We need a Rifle Only Play list,No Shotguns, No pick ups except for Rifles and Rifle Ammo, Mulchers, Gorgon Pistol, (maybe) Snub pistol and the occasional Grenade. So people Don't have to Worry or Complain about the Shotguns(or explosives/Pickups).

We should get a Sniper(Longshot and Oneshot) and Pistol(Snub/Boltok) playlist.
I want 10-12 player Wingman and 6 player Horde/Beast.
If anyone wants to Hear Ideas for playlist Ask me.
I got tons of Ideas.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
An all AR playlist would be terrible. The AR's are what's ruining this game, we lost a round on Checkout because 2 people just sat back and Hammerbursted us, so in the next 2 rounds I whiped out mine and laid waste to their entire team, including their HB users who must use their index finger to fire rather than the much better middle finger.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
So apparently epic will be adding a new playlist called "Stay frosty" it is a powered up hammerburst only loadout, no shotgun, a modified pistol, and a "toned down frag".

"HB is 4 shot kill no headshot bonus. Snub is 5 shots to the body or a 2 shot kill to the head."
"No DBNO either. In fact the killing shot gibs what ever body part it hits. Pretty satisfying."
"There are no pick-up weapons on the map except for the occasional toned down frag grenade."
(these are all coming from quinn's twitter)

Petenub also mentioned that he was thinking about deleting the alpha playlist in place of stranded or BTTE because of the low numbers :(
That sounds like the campiest playlist of all time. If its part of an even I'll play one match to get the event ribbon, but nothing else.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
That sounds like the campiest playlist of all time. If its part of an even I'll play one match to get the event ribbon, but nothing else.
No, i believe it's a new playlist.

If alpha gets deleted i'll be extremely disappointed, and this will be the first time since gow3's release :\

IMO stranded needs to become permanent to appeal to the casual who don't want to deal with parties, while quickmatch needs to get modified or something (maybe once you reach a certain k/d or break a certain xp limit you are forced to play ranked?). There are way too many people playing QM vs ranked

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I use both fingers and I used to get complaints about a modded controller ALL OF THE TIME.
Same here. If you active reload your Hammerburst I've noticed the complaints go sky high.

No, i believe it's a new playlist.

If alpha gets deleted i'll be extremely disappointed, and this will be the first time since gow3's release :\

IMO stranded needs to become permanent to appeal to the casual who don't want to deal with parties, while quickmatch needs to get modified or something (maybe once you reach a certain k/d or break a certain xp limit you are forced to play ranked?). There are way too many people playing QM vs ranked
That's because ranked is like a slower version of quick match with less servers. People don't want to play that.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
That's because ranked is like a slower version of quick match with less servers. People don't want to play that.
It's "slower" because you have to que up and find people? Sure.. but i'll wait a few more seconds if it assures me that i'm fighting against people who actually know how to play the game. What you said about "less servers" isn't true btw, I've always played on a dedis while on ranked, besides the times that the servers have been down.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Epic is the biggest joke of a developer ever. Now after I downloaded the Fenix Rising dlc, there is a glitch that won't let me play public matchmaking. Every single dlc they screw something up. They have made 3 Gears of War games now. Seriously, as much as I love the series, the company that makes them just amazes me sometimes.

/endrant

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Well it looks like they'll need a patch to fix that.

I played all day and on all the new maps but not once did I get on Escalation. I had to go into a private match to view it, and it's been fantastically redesigned like Gridlock was.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Oh you silly Epic.
In other news, too many times in Gnasher battles the Enemy and I always shoot eachother and instead of both of us dying. Literally 90% of the time I die and he lives, only to see once he's killed by A Partner, I did (assists/Points I determine as health) 60-96 Damage.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Hypefestation 2 will be January 20th-22nd (friday-sunday) I believe it'll be a 32 team bracket, filled with LOTS of killer teams like nsan3z, MBN, infinity etc. Be sure to check it out if you're interested in competitive gears!

The stream is up right now @ http://www.twitch.tv/beyondgaming

I hope at least ONE PERSON is watching the stream right now, Vision vs Raw talent was RIDICULOUS, probably the best series so far.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Infinity vs NSan3z are about to play a 3/5, they're two of the most consistent teams in gears history.

the maps for today are:
1) Koth rustlung
2) exe old town
3) koth drydock
4) exe thrash
5) exe mercy

Hypefestation was so legit. The Fathering did surprisingly well, upsetting a lot of teams, as well as the NSan3z.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Hypefestation was so legit. The Fathering did surprisingly well, upsetting a lot of teams, as well as the NSan3z.
This x100000

I'm a little upset with MBN, i was expecting them to take it ;__; But nsan3z played so well... I really wish they would have dethroned infinity :\

To anyone interested in the team intros, here they are. I thought they were pretty good this time around (Syn can go jump off a cliff for all I care)

Hypefestation 2 intros
Hypefestation 1 intros
^ for anyone that missed the first :)

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
What we should do is have COG team full Cole Trains(or Limited Edition for those who have DLC) Vs Locust team With all Thrash Ball Drones on KoTH on Thrashball(map).

Top Bottom