• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm so proud of you you're not going to let Epic ruin your fun by making the sawed off crappy those *******s

:phone:
You know it!

:troll:

Even with the nerf the Sawed Off is still good. But I guess you must be pretty mad that you can't abuse the Sawed Off quite as well as you used to :troll:
I know this is going to invoke a lot of NEGATIVE responses by everyone here but I personally don't see anything wrong with the SO in Gears 3, it's often your fault for getting that close (melee/point blank range) to your enemy.

I wish they didn't nerf the gib-range of the SO but w/e, it's still damn good.

inb4omgF8ALyouareascrubandyousuckatgears31v1me

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Actually that was directed toward Fuelbi since he's complaining about Epic nerfing the Sawed Off. I don't care if you use it but I hate when people complain about the nerf because the gib range was too far, it needed that nerf.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
You know it!

I know this is going to invoke a lot of NEGATIVE responses by everyone here but I personally don't see anything wrong with the SO in Gears 3, it's often your fault for getting that close (melee/point blank range) to your enemy.

I wish they didn't nerf the gib-range of the SO but w/e, it's still damn good.

inb4omgF8ALyouareascrubandyousuckatgears31v1me
What a tired argument. There's better defenses of the SO than this. The whole "You shouldn't've gotten close" thing has been invalid for a long time. It's not hard to get close to people in this game, it never has been. The idea that it's someone's "fault" that someone gets close isn't a fair assessment. There shouldn't be anything inherently bad about being close to an opponent, just like there isn't anything inherently bad about bgine far away. Close range should not be some do not enter zone if the same is not true for medium and far range. If you extend the properties of the SO in close range to all the other ranges, then you'd have a game that everyone hates.

Imagine a weapon with a wide spread that can kill multiple people at long range with little to no aim used. It would suck wouldn't it? But anyone could use the same logic you used. ""You shouldn't've been so far away." Apply that to another weapon, at medium range. "You shouldn't have been at such an intermediate distance." This is incredibly dumb logic. The fact the players can avoid the gun SOMETIMES doesn't make it any less stupid.

The SO does nothing good for this game.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
On a different note I'd find that it helps balance out Gnasher battles.

In the sense that bad players can't beat it with a Gnasher, and half decent Gnasher players will slaughter even good SOer's.

The one problem is once you continously destroy people with you Gnasher they just switch to their Lancer and start shooting you from a distance out of fear. That is what ruins this game I think.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Lancer is ******** and needs it's headshot modifier removed and probably a further damage decrease. I don't like the idea of lowering the clip size as that's what makes a Lancer a Lancer.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
They need to get rid of one of it's perks on it. Hell the other 2 AR's are better in their respective areas, but the Lancer is the most versatile one out of the lot.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
On a different note I'd find that it helps balance out Gnasher battles.

In the sense that bad players can't beat it with a Gnasher, and half decent Gnasher players will slaughter even good SOer's.

The one problem is once you continously destroy people with you Gnasher they just switch to their Lancer and start shooting you from a distance out of fear. That is what ruins this game I think.
Shouldn't that be better then them creeping up with a sawed off? If they're going to stay in that area lancering you, that's just another reason to do the same thing back, especially if you have a team mate to cross them.

GoW2 and 3 is more about getting angles and crossing people in the map with ARs.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
:troll:

Even with the nerf the Sawed Off is still good. But I guess you must be pretty mad that you can't abuse the Sawed Off quite as well as you used to :troll:
Actually, yeah, I'm pretty ****ing mad because the only reason why I contemplated playing the Gears 3 MP was so that I could abuse the flying **** out of the SO, and now I can't abuse it as hard as I could

Actually that was directed toward Fuelbi since he's complaining about Epic nerfing the Sawed Off. I don't care if you use it but I hate when people complain about the nerf because the gib range was too far, it needed that nerf.
I'm not saying that it didn't need the nerf because it wasn't broken, I'm saying that it didn't need to be nerf'd because it was so ****ing good

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Playing on a standard definition TV makes this game so much easier for me for some reason. Better aim, better perception of surroundings, I was annihilating SO players earlier. I definitely don't want to go back to my 16:9 TV in my dorm.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Shouldn't that be better then them creeping up with a sawed off? If they're going to stay in that area lancering you, that's just another reason to do the same thing back, especially if you have a team mate to cross them.

GoW2 and 3 is more about getting angles and crossing people in the map with ARs.
If they rush you with a SO it's just a free kill for you. There's a reason why more people use the Gnasher.

The thing about the lancer is it should be a support weapon. This game isn't COD, that boring AR gameplay shouldn't dominate, it should at least take 22 bullets to kill. That way it'll still have it's stopping power, it'll still be great if more than 1 person uses it, and you'll still be able to help your teammates in battle greatly.

It's the reason why no one likes Overpass even when they're winning. Sitting back and lancering is not fun.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I like camping still. But I don't like the SO, even the nerf.
Still was funny in a TDM on Mercy, their entire team was camping with Lancers/SO where the mortar/Oneshot is. I rush in and wallbounce a bit to get away with a triple kill and somehow come out of it alive.
Not sure if the team was just bad at aiming or incredible luck.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I like camping still. But I don't like the SO, even the nerf.
Still was funny in a TDM on Mercy, their entire team was camping with Lancers/SO where the mortar/Oneshot is. I rush in and wallbounce a bit to get away with a triple kill and somehow come out of it alive.
Not sure if the team was just bad at aiming or incredible luck.
Enemy team is incredibly bad. You shouldn't have been able to get close without someone else throwing explosives at them.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I prefer wingman over warzone because I hate having teammates who go 1-10 and 1-18. :mad:

They should limit each player on the team to 3-4 respawns IMO.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Finally got around to recording some gears stuff. Here's a gameplay sample from a couple hours ago if you're interested in seeing how I play. This vid is actually a bit flamboyant, seeing as how I did a bunch of stupid random stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNzLZ4wRQ6c
That was some good work with the Gnasher, dude.

And nice frag quad kill.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I played my first warzone game today on the map 'SANDBAR' and I did pretty good. I managed to time the other team out twice and I also abused the SO a few times. My team ended up winning the match 3-0 and I went 5-0 in terms of K/D ratio. :)

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I wanna play with some SWFers sometime.

Show you guys how I get down. Mura? Ryker? Anyone else? You guys down?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Iunno, I see about the same number. Also about the same spread in quality of user.

I wanna play with some SWFers sometime.

Show you guys how I get down. Mura? Ryker? Anyone else? You guys down?
Add me. I STILL have to buy a new headset. GS Ryker.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So I have everything maxed out in Horde, except Turrets which I have on Level 5, and Silverback which is still level 1.

Oddly Sentries were the first ones I maxed out even though I barely use them. Oh well atleast they'll be more useful after the DLC is out.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Recently I've been using the lancer and now I agree, it's pretty broken. However all it needs is a clip reduction. Reduce the clip by 40% and it'll be just fine.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Heh, I'm so frustrated right now. At the end of this match, my team had more kills, caps, and points than the other team, with me going 41-27, scoring 13 kills higher than the highest scorer on the other team, yet we still lost the match. The only difference was that my friends were using the gnasher throughout the whole match, but the other team switched from gnasher to SO halfway through. Such a stupid gun. We worked way harder than them, and played way better, but in the end, you can't break a circle when there's 5 SOs hiding around in the smoke. It's really ruining KotH.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I feel your frustration, but with the Lancer.

I played a match where the only thing the opposing team did was Lancer and Retro. After getting downed with my Gnasher in hand by a Lancer, and watching the guy **** me because me managed to down me, I switched to my Hammerburst and proceeded to decimate the opposing team.

It wasn't fun, but it was easy. I hate how the AR's have made this game a camp fest.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I figured out why I didn't like this game at first...
PEOPLE ARE ******S IN EXECUTION.
I started to play TDM and it was amazingly fun. I did so many things I never thought I could do. I've got to get a recording device soon because I've already missed so many things.
I got a QUAD DIGGER LAUNCHER on gridlock. 4 of the guys were hanging around snipe. I blindfired it up there and they all got doodoo'd on.
Then, later on that night, I got a 4 man no-miss sniper headshot feed on hotel.
I FEEL SO ****ING GOOD ABOUT THIS GAME NOW.
But yeah, once people start losing they're camping homosexuals.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I figured out why I didn't like this game at first...
PEOPLE ARE ******S IN EXECUTION.
I started to play TDM and it was amazingly fun. I did so many things I never thought I could do. I've got to get a recording device soon because I've already missed so many things.
I got a QUAD DIGGER LAUNCHER on gridlock. 4 of the guys were hanging around snipe. I blindfired it up there and they all got doodoo'd on.
Then, later on that night, I got a 4 man no-miss sniper headshot feed on hotel.
I FEEL SO ****ING GOOD ABOUT THIS GAME NOW.
But yeah, once people start losing they're camping homosexuals.
Uh huh, somehow, I doubt this.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Heh, I'm so frustrated right now. At the end of this match, my team had more kills, caps, and points than the other team, with me going 41-27, scoring 13 kills higher than the highest scorer on the other team, yet we still lost the match. The only difference was that my friends were using the gnasher throughout the whole match, but the other team switched from gnasher to SO halfway through. Such a stupid gun. We worked way harder than them, and played way better, but in the end, you can't break a circle when there's 5 SOs hiding around in the smoke. It's really ruining KotH.
I play KotH more than any other game mode as I like forcing the other team to move. That CAN'T work if you play the map right. First off, no five SO team should be able to get to a point without Lancering your team to hell first. You should be able to send two in and cover them with ARs and hold out against a wave of SOs before they can take it. From there, don't sit all your ***** in the point. In fact, it would probably be wise to leave two guys with SOs sitting at the point and the rest of you cover around it with Lancer and Gnasher, but if you can aim, a Gnasher can work in place of a SO. If you sit five guys in the ring, you're asking to lose.

This brings me to the second point. GET THE ****ING POWER WEAPONS! If you and your team are incapable of taking a point with your default gear, go grab Frags and get a quad. Get the Sniper and make them move or die. Grab Torque and **** on their parade. Grab Boomshot and laugh your *** off. Get a Mortar and clear the ring for your team to mow them down with ARs.

The SO is probably better in KotH when you have to come to them, but it is STILL not the better shotgun. You CANNOT take a point by yourself with a SO. You have to use a Gnasher or you will get pasted after a max of one shot and you aren't guaranteed to get that off.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Ryker, your little cookie cutter strategy completely neglects the fact that the opposing team will likely have cover too. Covering lancer fire doesn't work when the other guys are in cover. Don't make the mistake of considering the term "SO users" to be people who only use the SO in every circumstance. I'm talking about smart players, who know the appropriate times for their ARs and their shottys, people who know which walls to hide behind, people who know when to pick up power weapons. My opponents aren't idiots. They don't just ignore the power weapons. They don't just sit behind cover while people shoot ARs at them . They know how to play, and the use of MUTLIPLE SOs gives them an edge in KotH.

None of your advice is anything new to me. I've been playing this game for probably longer than you, and I understand how this **** works in detail.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Then you're simply being outplayed. Why are you *****ing?

EDIT: Oh wait, it's because you like using the SO as an excuse to continue saying that you're superior. Please explain to me how it is "ruining this game mode."

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Then you're simply being outplayed. Why are you *****ing?

EDIT: Oh wait, it's because you like using the SO as an excuse to continue saying that you're superior. Please explain to me how it is "ruining this game mode."
The SO is annoying since, it basically takes little to no skill to use. Due to the huge spread, it gives you a huge advantage over the gnasher since it takes much better aim to use.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I still say **** the sawed off.

That **** is gay and anyone who uses it is a ****ing ******. Only time I die in this game is when I'm outnumbered, lancered out, or sawed off. Only rarely will I ever get out-gnashered.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Ryker, when I get 41 kills and outscore everyone on the opposing team by 4000 points, I'm definitely not getting outplayed by anybody.

I'm never going to accept that the definition of "good play" has changed to "pick the easy weapon." That's bull****. Why should I consider people who don't work as hard, don't have as much skill as me, and don't understand the fundamental strategies of the game as well as me better than me? Why should I consider people who win because of a single easy weapon that takes no effort or skill to use better than me? I'm not. It's not an excuse. It's a reason. I KNOW that those guys only won because of the SO, not because they're better than me. I AM superior to them, and my stats showed it.

Take a good look at these stats kid:

That's me on a regular basis, and I do not use the SO. But if you look at the last picture, even though my entire team stomped the other team in every way, shape, and form, we still lost. And do you know why? Sawed-offs. I was there. Even though we killed them more than they killed us, even though we didn't let them control the power weapons, even though we were better players than them, we lost because we couldn't take circles from them, because we couldn't approach them, because they had SOs. That's it. They weren't better than us, they just picked the easy gun, and I will never accept that good play in this game is defined by how many SOs are being used on the team. Gears has always been and should remain a game where the team with the most skill, the best tactical ability, and that puts forth the most effort wins. I am not going to accept the watered down gameplay that enables worse players than me to beat my team. You're full of ****, Ryker.

Top Bottom