• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX & HRNut Present: House Brawl Orlando, FL 6/29 **RESULTS POSTED**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerodragoon

Smash Apprentice
yo nero...i was looking for you...i would have played you in friendlies for those six hours...lol okay maybe thats an exxageration but you should've stayed. I hope you can make it to this tourney. And see where greatest is created (me) lol:laugh:
haha thanks i'll keep that in mind next time my date stands me up. :p

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Guilty Gear too huh? Man you guys just want me to take your money.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

in the great words of pit "youre not ready yet"

can i put you and two random people down on the attendance list alvin?

Foda

Smash Apprentice
i'm gonna try to make it... i have plans this day but if they fall through (which is likely) then i'll be there

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Thanks, Mooney, I might take you up on that. By the way, why is Gmoney cruise gone, but Nofair is okay? ***s
Isnt norfair legal in gigs? I copied and pasted the stages from another tourney, whichi i assumed used the gigs list because who doesnt? Well, the stage list is SUPPOSED to be gigs stages minus rainbow cruise. ill go change it now

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
good idea banning the cruise that stage is really unfair for certain characters...lets try to rely on skills not stages to win this tournament, this is gonna be so fun...i don't even care if i get knocked out early i'll at least enjoy it

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
Stop being gay with the banned stages. Melee had a bunch of counterpicks that were totally unfair for certain matchups that were still totally legal (like Jiggs or Peach against most of the cast on Mute City). You do have the choice to switch characters after the stage is called and Gmoney cruise is not that bad at all. Most of the time when people died due to the stage when I played them it was due to them not understanding how the stage worked. For example, when you're at the end of the lap and everything restarts, a lot of people died off the top because they tried to go the convential way, but got punished. Then they panicked and let the stage eat them. Instead, take into consideration the fact that there are those blocks that will eventually fall. Use them to take you down to the ship. You can't get punished by the other person by doing this unless you're ********. By the way, if you're going to ban Gmoney cruise, you might as well ban way more.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
That's why you're allowed to counterpick your character after the stage is called... People who couldn't float like crazy were terrible on Mute City, but that was still a legal stage (and that affected way more of Melee's cast). How many true tether recovery characters do we have in this game? Three? Those people need to pick up a secondary. It's the sad truth about competitive gaming. These stages are counterpicks and are meant to give slight, or sometimes large, advantages to the loser. These aren't just more neutrals to chose from that just so happen to have more exotic names.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Thing is my main can't keep up with metaknight and my secondary sucks on that stage...the counters for metaknight are diddy, dk, and snake as far as i know and i suck with DK and diddy and snake suck on that stage according to GDX and other snake players including myself...ask GDX to input it into the tournament...i don't really care i'll just ban it anyways

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Personally, i've never thought that rainbow cruise should be a tourney stage. And didn't Mute city at least stop moving during the match? Thats probably why it and the similar stage Delfino plaza are counterpicks and not banned, because they both stop moving at points in the match, unlike rainbow cruise. Plus, mute city/delfino dont have extremely low celings/sides at multiple parts of the match. I'd actually prefer if it were all neutrals and no counterpicks/stage banning, but i'd get more people QQing than approving it, so i didn't put it that way.

and if anyone was thinking so, i've never lost a set of brawl because of a game i played on rainbow cruise, so im not banning it out of anger from a loss or anything like that.

lol, why is it called gmoney cruise again? i think i missed the memo

its staying banned for this tourney. if it makes you feel any better, any future tourneys I may hold could be just neutrals, since i feel thats the best way to go.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Norfair is banned. Cruise is legal.
yea, i saw the mistake. its been fixed on the first post. all of gigs stages minus rainbow cruise

mooney, are you coming and picking up gmoney , so i can add you two to the list?

Gmoney

Smash Ace
The coolest Marth ever. We should host WGTC2 (Who gets the couch? 2) the night before. By the way, the results for WGTC1 were...

1st Gmoney (I try to hard when anything is on the line... :lick:)
2nd HRNUT
3rd Neroy
4th Alex

Edit: How do you have the best Marth, Mooney? Also, Chaz. /end

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you? the best marth in FL? how? not to sound mean, but you dont go to tourneys much anymore for whatever reason. and i thought you played meta knight?

and if you dont know HRNut...well, you'll find out if you come to the tourney saturday

Attn: I Added Rainbow Cruise back on the counterpick stages. I swear next time i hold a tourney i may go PnT and go all neutrals

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I was just thinking about something. would you guys rather have this start earlier on saturday (like, start the entire tourney at 10) or have it sunday at the same time? we may not do either of those two options, but i wanted to get a general consensus about it

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
you? the best marth in FL? how? not to sound mean, but you dont go to tourneys much anymore for whatever reason. and i thought you played meta knight?
No your right. I don't go to tourneys much anymore.Then again, it doesn't really take that much to be the best since theres like what, 4 marth mains in FL? >_>

I don't like brawl much either. Sure its fun, but its bad competitivly. I'm only going to this because I have nothing better to do, and I enjoy seeing how well I can do w/o playing the game at all or even owning it lol.

And I main the random box, not MK.

Nerodragoon

Smash Apprentice
i'm with c@sh, never heard of this HR guy. he must be garbage because i clearly have the best marth in FL

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Somewhat Upsetting News

It seems that the other nuts in the ********* HQ (aka HRNUT's house) have all randomly decided to go somewhere saturday night, and they want the tourney done by 4-5pm. That means we'd have to start it pretty early, like 10am.

You all have 3 choices

A.) Do the tourney saturday and start at 10AM
B.) Hope i can get a different venue for saturday so it starts at the advertised time
C.) Host the tourney sunday at the advertised time and location. so registration would start at noon, but on sunday

what you people think? I dont care either way, but i wanna see what the majority think

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
It seems that the other nuts in the ********* HQ (aka HRNUT's house) have all randomly decided to go somewhere saturday night, and they want the tourney done by 4-5pm. That means we'd have to start it pretty early, like 10am.

You all have 3 choices

A.) Do the tourney saturday and start at 10AM
B.) Hope i can get a different venue for saturday so it starts at the advertised time
C.) Host the tourney sunday at the advertised time and location. so registration would start at noon, but on sunday

what you people think? I dont care either way, but i wanna see what the majority think
B

since I can't do it sunday or A

or you could do D

Not hold it at all.

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
A. You're forcing urself to start early which might be a problem because some ppl might be late and then the tourney wont finish (or there will be some other consequences).

B. Changing the venue might change plans for ppl or possibly add confusion. this isnt quite as risky as A tho so if u can manage to find another venue then i suppose that would be nice.

C. Im all for this. Most ppl dont work on sundays so this would let more ppl come. i know me, mankosuki, and maybe nero (you'd have to ask him) would be able to go. the only downside seems to be that C@sH wont be able to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom