• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX & HRNut Present: House Brawl Orlando, FL 6/29 **RESULTS POSTED**

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Unfortunately, 4XT was cancelled for this weekend, so i decided to host a regular tourney, for the people who had planned to come to 4xt anyway and dont feel like driving down to the SFL tourney.

Where?

Coconut Palms Apartments
4618 Middlebrook Rd
Orlando, FL, 32811

-When you turn onto Middlebrook road, the apartments are on the left side. Go down the road alittle into the 2nd entrance of the apartments on the left. After turning left, look for building number 4560 on the right hand side. There are only 4 apartments in the building, and the tourney is the left door on the bottom floor. A ********* sign should be on the door

If you get lost, call:
GDX - 863-258-4809

Doubles Registration: 12pm - 1pm. Starts at 1pm
Singles Registration: 12pm - end of doubles. Starts at end of doubles
$5 Guilty Gear Tourney: Starts after singles if enough are interested

Rules:
Double Elimination Brackets
3 stock
7 minute timer
All items off
Team Attack on
Life Stealing allowed
Best 2 out of 3 (3 out of 5 for winners/losers/grand finals)
Dave's Stupid Rule (no stage is played twice in any set), unless mutually agreed to pick same stage twice.

Stages:

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Luigi's Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Banned Stages: Anything else

$5 Door Fee
Singles: $15/person
Doubles: $20/team

Payouts:
Both singles and doubles payouts are: 60/25/15%

Setups:
1. GDX
2. HRNut
3. Fearless
4. Foda

We'll probably only need 4 setups for the actual tourney. Maybe one more for friendlies or guilty gear

Post if you are coming. As the organizer, I've been given the stipulation that if there aren't at least 15 total people at this tourney, then it wont happen. That shouldn't be a problem for Orlando though =P. Since this is a house tourney though, it may be capped at around 25-30 tops.

Attendance:
1. GDX
2. HRNut
3. Rx- (somehow XD )
4. the king of hearts
5. froggr
6. rosebizzle
7. deth
8. C4P
9. Garbanzo
10. Garbanzo friend #1
11. Garbanzo friend #2
12. Foda
13. SketchHurricane
14. Fearless
15. Loto
16. xYz
17. Polmex23
18. petey did it
19. Mankosuki
20. CircularGeometry
21. Casanova
22. hungrybox
23. kyon (?)
24. action b@stard
25. Duran
26. Marin
27. AT@T

Come on out to this guys!

UPDATE

Due to unforseen circumstances, this tourney had to be moved back to one day to Sunday, 6/29. I still hope you guys can make it out. Sorry for the late change. It wasn't my doing. Same times, same venue, different day

Results:

Doubles:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nX/doubles.gif

1: Mel Gibson & Danny Glover in Lethal Weapon (xYz + Rx-) ($132.00)
2: Next time on DragonNut Z (HRNUT + GDX) ($55.00)
3: RxYz (Loto + Fearless) ($33.00)
4: Manko & Peter go well together (Mankosuki + Petey)
5: Luis & OTRU (Luis & OTRU)
5: Pharoah's Box (Hungrybox + Kyon)
7: Too good for a name (Marin + At&t)
7: BAMFS (Galuda + Samus)
9: Sandwich Key (Casanova + circular geometry)
9: Charlie & the chocolate starfish (Sprinkles + mooney)

Singles:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nX/singles.gif

1: xYz ($180.00)
2: Gmoney ($75.00)
3: Hungrybox ($45.00)
4: HRNUT
5: GDX
5: Rx-
7: Loto
7: Casanova
9: Fearless
9: Circular Geometry
9: Galuda
9: Mankosuki
13: Sprinkles
13: Zoro
13: Marin
13: Samus4thewin
17: Nero
17: Petey
17: Kyon
17: Frames

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
aawwww whats with the short notice, i'm working this saturday.
sorry man. while it is short notice. a tourney was already planned for this weekend in orlando but was cancelled (4xT), so for those who were gonna go to it, this isnt that big of a change.

sorry bmoney, i wouldnt be able to hook you up. Ask alvin to get you

Rx, find a ride straight there, or to someones house that can bring you there. do it!

Gindler

Smash Champion
Gmoney, can't you afford a car with your winnings? a PoS one with no AC should be in that price range for sure.

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
that adds 52 minutes to my drive. ehhh....hmmm....look for another ride cuz my cars a gas chugger and that would suck for ur wallet. i might be able to get some1 elses car tho. ill see and keep u updated. in the mean time try and find another ride. think of me as last resort right now.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
that adds 52 minutes to my drive. ehhh....hmmm....look for another ride cuz my cars a gas chugger and that would suck for ur wallet. i might be able to get some1 elses car tho. ill see and keep u updated. in the mean time try and find another ride. think of me as last resort right now.
Tru, I appreciate it. I can help pay for gas. Keep me updated.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'll prolly go if xyz goes and gives me a ride. I haven't done singles in like 2 months and I kinda want to.

Nerodragoon

Smash Apprentice
No, Nero... wut? By the way, weren't you at Gigs early on? Where'd you go?
yea my doubles partner didn't show up and i didn't want to sit around for six hours till singles started. sorry i missed your rise to stardom lol.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Gmoney, your actually really close to me compared to most places. and on the way to this. I can give you a ride if I decide to go and if you pay gas money.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Unfortunately, 4XT was cancelled for this weekend, so i decided to host a regular tourney, for the people who had planned to come to 4xt anyway and dont feel like driving down to the SFL tourney.

Where?

Coconut Palms Apartments
4618 Middlebrook Rd
Orlando, FL, 32811

-When you turn onto Middlebrook road, the apartments are on the left side. Go down the road alittle into the 2nd entrance of the apartments on the left. After turning left, look for building number 4560 on the right hand side. There are only 4 apartments in the building, and the tourney is the left door on the bottom floor. A ********* sign should be on the door

If you get lost, call:
GDX - 863-258-4809

Doubles Registration: 12pm - 1pm. Starts at 1pm
Singles Registration: 12pm - end of doubles. Starts at end of doubles

Rules:
Double Elimination Brackets
3 stock
7 minute timer
All items off
Team Attack on
Life Stealing allowed
Best 2 out of 3 (3 out of 5 for winners/losers/grand finals)
Dave's Stupid Rule (no stage is played twice in any set), unless mutually agreed to pick same stage twice.

Stages:

Neutral / Random:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter Picks:
Battleship Halberd
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Luigi’s Mansion
Norfair
Pirate Ship
Pokemon Stadium 1

Banned Stages: Anything else

$5 Door Fee
Singles: $15/person
Doubles: $20/team

Payouts:
Both singles and doubles payouts are: 60/25/15%

Setups:
1. GDX
2. HRNut

We'll probably only need 4 setups for the actual tourney. Maybe one more for friendlies or guilty gear

Post if you are coming. As the organizer, I've been given the stipulation that if there aren't at least 15 total people at this tourney, then it wont happen. That shouldn't be a problem for Orlando though =P. Since this is a house tourney though, it may be capped at around 25-30 tops.

Attendance:
1. GDX
2. HRNut

Come on out to this guys!
Wonder where that gay stage went...yeah rainbow cruise...now i don't have to worry about losing to a stage...yes:laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Misc. Info

you all should adopt the rx attitude and find a way here no matter what. I strive to have my tourney ran as smooth as my never shaven face

theres plenty of places nearby to eat. A block or two away is subway, chick fil a, burger king, firehouse subs, ihop, mcdonalds, taco bell, kfc. About 5-10 minutes away is krystals. Theres also a bank of america and publix (the cheapest fee ATM) nearby for those who rarely carry cash.

If anyone wants to bring recording equipment (VCR, comp + dazzle/gamebridge), thats cool too. If someone wants to bring a computer of some sort, i can supply them my dazzle if they want to record stuff. If anyone got a VCR i can buy off their hands, or know where i can get a cheap one, that would make me really happy.

Manko, then find a way to get off saturday. You too nero XD. Manko, i watched your videos and the quality was not bad at all. What brand VCR do you use the most, and what recording setting? (SP, LP, SLP)

i expect to see a good chunk, if not all, of WATO here. Not like you guys got anything else to do now that 4xt is gone. speaking of 4xT, i might decide to host it myself sometime in august/early september and do it as a once every 3-4 months type thing, since OTRU wont be living at UCF anymore. It wont be in a house though. It'll be an actual venue.

we have two classic controllers between us, me and HRnut, which is the exact same as the ps2 controller...and we have guilty gear for the wii...you know what this means :laugh:. If enough people are interested we may even hold a mini guilty gear tourney after everything else is over (probably 5 bucks max)

if someone could make a post on the orlando forums like xYz did for dop's tourney, that would be great. I would, but I dont have an account there. Also tell your friends and your friends friends to come to this. Put up a non-spectacular flyer even, if you have time. Do what you have to do to bring you and others here

/tl:dr post

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
yea my doubles partner didn't show up and i didn't want to sit around for six hours till singles started. sorry i missed your rise to stardom lol.
yo nero...i was looking for you...i would have played you in friendlies for those six hours...lol okay maybe thats an exxageration but you should've stayed. I hope you can make it to this tourney. And see where greatest is created (me) lol:laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
oh yea

SETUPS. BRING THEM. WE REALLY ONLY NEED 2-3 MORE. THEY'D SPEED THINGS UP SO MUCH

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
fixed

10char
lol tru tru...lol, :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: and at every tournament i'll write a poem for a pro player when they lose... trashing on the stick trying to beat some emokid
bashing them with bricks i think his name was icekid.
smashvilles performs as i adorn the loser with a glare of despair
race chase to the top for the emokid will hurl wins in two
then he'll finish his emo poem with the world ends with you

lol what'd you think?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
afro should come to this cause ill be here and ill play him in as many guilty gear games as he wants. he should also bring others from SFL who want brawl and guilty gear, or people who want to beat my monkey up (no homo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom