• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GCN Classic controller street date gone

Shog

Smash Ace
Looks pretty fake, can you explain more what exactly that is? Is that "Nintendo approved" made or third party crap which can't last one month?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Looks pretty fake, can you explain more what exactly that is? Is that "Nintendo approved" made or third party crap which can't last one month?
That is the Nintendo approved one. And it's real.

Also, why would it be fake when it's existed for a while and been confirmed to be funded by Nintendo for a while? It was announced way before the adapter. I never post fakes unless i mistake them for being real or it's april fools day.

firewingpegasus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanaSuki
3DS FC
0731-4761-5838
These came out a few weeks ago XD
I picked up my Peach one since then...

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Yeah, i was told only the Mario one was available. And multiple sites still say that these come out on November 21st. lol

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Hi! I would like to know if there is any noticable input lag. Can you explain us? It would be very interesting for me!

Ozyroth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ozyroth
how does it feels? By every pic I've seen so far this controllers look cheap as hell.
I want(ed) to get one, but I want to see one myself or ppl get a review on it.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Right now i'm looking for Brawl, Mario kart 8, and any other game that uses the CCP. I'll come back with my thoughts on it.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Works fine for me with Bayonetta. But i wouldn't recommend it since the punch and kick buttons feel weird.

Brawl feels good. i didn't notice any lag.

Last edited:

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
I was planning to get one of these, I'm getting the :4yoshi:one :p

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
And multiple sites still say that these come out on November 21st. lol
Are you sure you're not confusing this... monstrosity with the new Gamecube controllers that are coming out? This isn't a GCN controller, it's a Wii Classic Controller. The Gamecube controllers are confirmed to be coming out on the same date as the adapter and the game, and those are what most of the people are waiting for.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Are you sure you're not confusing this... monstrosity with the new Gamecube controllers that are coming out? This isn't a GCN controller, it's a Wii Classic Controller. The Gamecube controllers are confirmed to be coming out on the same date as the adapter and the game, and those are what most of the people are waiting for.
It's just a GameCube controller that plugs into a wiimote dude

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
It's just a GameCube controller that plugs into a wiimote dude
When people say "Gamecube controller", they are referring to a controller which can plug into the 2001 console "Gamecube". This thing mimics the shape of that controller, but it's an accessory for the Wii. It may seem like a no-brainer but some people actually don't realize that there were 2 different things coming out, and you don't want people to get confused by things they read online and accidentally buy the wrong item.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
1. It's not a bad controller. It works fine. So i wouldn't call it a monstrosity.

2. I'm not confusing anything.

3. Read the title of the thread. I already mentioned that it was a classic controller. Hell, you can tell by looking at the pictures i posted.

Last edited:

Gameshow349

A Hoot and a Half
3DS FC
0748-3702-2621
I picked up the Yoshi control and I like the d pads more than the gcs but I'm the l and r buttons are going to take some getting used to.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Honestly, i was surprised how well this controller works. I was expecting it to be bad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom