• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GAwes & XPlayGround Present: Falconpunchion- Feb. 18th : GA v. OOS crew battle

GAwes

Hidden Boss
XplayGround + GAwes = The pwn

PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE ASKING ME ******* QUESTIONS ON AIM

EVERYONE BETTER GET PUMPED FOR THIS OR ELSE!!!1

Rules and Procedures

Basically the rules will be similar to previous Smash Aid Tournaments

What: Super Smash Bros Melee Singles and Doubles Tourney
When: NOON! (be there by 11:30 a.m.) Sunday February 18th 2007
Where: XPlayGround
Why : SUPER FUN DUH!!!
???: Singles after doubles, no gaurantees on time, depends on the amount of people in teams. Singles sign up will end before doubles finals

*For Mapquest and the like*
313 Dividend Drive
Peachtree City, GA

*Directions*
From Atlanta and North

From Atlanta, take I-85 south to exit 61 (Peachtree City). Turn left onto Highway 74 South and go approximately 12 miles to the intersection of Highways 74 and 54. Go thru the intersection, at the next light turn right onto Paschall Road. Go over the Rail Road tracks then left onto Dividend Drive. XPlayGround is on the left at 313 Dividend Drive. We are in the same building as Talbot Bank.

From The South

From the South, take I-85 North to Exit 51 (Sharpsburg Palmetto). Take a right and continue down Highway 154. You will be taking a left on Bullsburough Drive / Highway 34 / Highway 54/74 which sounds really cofusing, but basically, it means take a left at the Flash Foods intersection. Continue straight on that road, it will change names about a billion times, but no worries. You will be taking a right at the top of a hill after about 5-10 miles, the name of the road is Huddleston (sp) Rd. and is directly across from the Bestbuy. Continue straight on huddleston until it ends, take a right on Paschall and then the first left on Dividend Drive. Xplaygrounds is about a half mile on the left in the same building as Talbot Bank. Look closely, the sign is mostly blocked by shrubs.

Everyone Else Use Google Maps

First Conduct must be addressed
"Please be respectful and considerate to others. Do not distract players, basically normal tournament conduct applies, and of course everything prohibited by law is prohibited in the tournament." -Chillin

Everyone knows that i rock at holding tournaments because i've held 8 smash aids and about 20 minor tournies. . . .

Money must be paid in advance for both tournaments. Entry Fee must be taken for Singles and teams at least 30 mins before they start. There will be no refunds once money is paid. No exceptions

Entrance Fee will be as follows

Singles - $15
Teams - $10 a piece
no refunds, no johns

The people at Xplaygrounds are being very generous with using their facilities so i suggest you show them the upmost respect. They will be taking out an amount similar to 20 percent from singles and 10 from doubles. However, he said that if everyone keeps the place in order and remains respectable, then he won't take out anything over 100 bucks, so if we pull more than 35 people those numbers for percent could drop dramatically and the pot payout could be well over 300 bucks for first place. Another way to lower the money taken out is to buy food at Xplayground because

Last Time, XplayGround only took about 70 bucks from the TOTAL pot, so it was a really really good deal and no one was upset at ALL. The food is amazing there too lol. I'll try to post some pics of the place as I get them. Trust me, everyone that came was blown away with how cool this place is :).

1. The food is good
2. The Food is Cheap
3. This pot isn't getting ***** and the people there actually care about the tournament, so the more food you buy, the less that will be taken out of the pot for the store. ISN"T THAT BADASS!!!

In Singles Money will be devided like this

1st - 60%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%

In Teams, money will be divided like this.

1st - 75%
2nd - 25%
3rd - Special Prize or Money Back (if 2nd place gets at least twice money back)

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER
I can't stress this enough people, and this tournament is going to be very big, so you may not want to bring a wavebird, or if you do, make sure to bring another controller in case you start getting your channel stolen, because hitting pause or complaining about it during a match is really lame and will constitute you a loss, no exceptions

Both tournies are Double Elimination
Singles will have pools

*Singles Rules*

*Brackets*

-4 Stock
-Best 2 out of 3
-7 Min Time Limit
-ALL ITEMS ARE OFF

Characters - - - Stages

-Each player may ban one of the random or slob stages before the set begins

- No stage can be played twice in one set. The only exception being non-banned, non user banned random stages in a best of 5 set (this is only if the stage was first chosen by either the other player, or randomly, no picking the same stage twice by one player)

1st match - Any characters can be chosen, if any descrepancies arouse, double-blind character selection will be used

2nd match - Loser of First match must choose whether to choose to pick the stage the second match will be played on and pick character first, or force the winner of the first match to select character first and choose random or agreement on an allowed level.

3rd match ^Same Rules as second match

Slobs on Stages - - - If selected as method of slob

1st match - Must be random stage unless both persons agree to a stage that IS NOT BANNED

2nd match - After characters are selected, loser of 1st match selects a stage from either the random stage list or the slob/allowed stage list... IN NO CASE CAN A BANNED STAGE BE PLAYED

3rd match - same rules apply as in second match

*Levels*

Stages set as random :
- Final Destination
- Fountain of Dreams
- Pokemon Stadium
- Battlefield
- Yoshi's Story (Yoshi's Island)
--Kirby's Dreamland 64

Slob Stages / Available for Agreement :
-Final Destination
-Fountain of Dreams
-Battle Field
-Kirby's Dreamland 64
-Yoshi's Story (Yoshi's Island)
-Pokémon Stadium
-Peach's Castle
-Corneria
-Mute City
-Rainbow Cruise
-Green Greens
-Mushroom Kingdom II
- Mute City
-Pokefloats
-Kongo Jungle 64
-Brinstar
-Jungle Japes

*Banned Stages
-Icicle Mountain
-Great Bay
-Flat Zone
-Hyrule
-Mushroom Kingdom I
-Brinstar Depths
-Fourside
-Big Blue
-Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
-Onett
-Yoshi 64
-Kongo Jungle
-Venom

Teams Rules

-4 Stock
-Best 2 out of 3
-8 Min Time Limit
-ALL ITEMS ARE OFF
-Same rules in characters and levels apply to teams
Mute City and Fountain of Dreams are off due to lag.
-TEAM ATTACK IS ON

Finals in Both Catagories (this means winners finals, losers finals and both sets of finals if they last through that) will be best of 5 matches; 5 stock (4 stock for teams)...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Georgia v. OOS CREW BATTLE!!!!!!

Rules:

10 v. 10

Shared 40 Stock

Fixed character

no fixed order besides starter

Stadium, FD, and Dreamland on random

I'll Address Anything Else as it comes to MIND!!!

Contact me at

AIM: Cross the Walls

for more info, leave me a message if i'm away *cause i'm always away*

PS. . . . Zach is god

datman6699

Smash Journeyman
awesome. another tourney in Newnan. annnnnd Bruce Springsteen is probably the most gangster tourney name ever. Wes is going to be a legend for this.

too bad i'm going to beat him in this tourney though :/
sorry wes :D

binxxx

Smash Rookie
dooooods, im goingto this.

p.s. the name of this tourny is zachaid... or kegaid, if frozen water burial plays.

Ares726

Smash Ace
Sweet! I'm looking forward to this one. Two tournaments in two months for GA. G4S2 in Jan. and now Bruce Springsteen in Feb. Pure pwnage. Wes, you might want to change the date in the actual post to the 19th. It still says November 26th.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
if you do, i'll give you 10 bucks (real cookie onry, from a store, not a printing store, a chinese restaurant)

thanks ares, can't wait to play you guys again in columbus (my hometown ******)

chaddd

Smash Lord
Roflcaust.

~XxXxRoflcoreXxXx~

Note to self: Don't know why, but I must go to an event called "Bruce Springsteen" on Feb. 19th, 2007.

Haha. Wes the clown of all clowns. Of course I'll be there to win some more money. =P

*NOTE* - I'll Ganondorf ditto money match anyone who wants to at the tournament. Just let me know.

All trash talk copyright of chaddd (with 3 d's) and is in all situations is convertable to hot air.

-THAT is all-

nice1

Smash Lord
yo change the date to the 18th the 19th is a monday i'm gonna try to make this problem is it's on a sunday theres a slim chance i'll make it

Eugenio

Smash Lord
LMFAO... Bruce Springsteen?! My God Wes, you Magnifacent b@stard. I will come to this, I know I said that last time, but now I learned my lesson on who to depend on with rides.

real talk

daniel-zaman

Smash Journeyman
yay! im on smash boards again!

Anyway, this tournament will be ok. just ok, like nothing special.every one is just going to get ownteded by bruce springteen.he plays kirby.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
i'll be there, beast mode the entire tourny.
THANK GOD
Cornell has been needing to rock out some tourneys.
You know we're all riding together, right?
Same as last time!
Here's the plan:
1. Get a steamer from Krystal
2. Get a pack of 72's
3. Beast mode is on
4. Win monies at tournament
5. Rinse, wash, repeat

Menthol Marth will be there for sure.

Eugenio

Smash Lord
like 3 and 4 are even possible.... lol
Heeeell naaaaaw, atomic punk, he tried yo a$$ shawty!

Naw but real talk, can I get a ride with you Cornel and Chad. I know you guys took Justin along with you last time and he does'nt even really play, so I doubt he would mind if I took his place goin' this time:)

co_and_me

Smash Lord
THANK GOD
Cornell has been needing to rock out some tourneys.
You know we're all riding together, right?
Same as last time!
Here's the plan:
1. Get a steamer from Krystal
2. Get a pack of 72's
3. MM co_and_me and lose
4. Beast mode is on
5. MM co_and_me and lose (even though beast mode was on)
6. Win monies at tournament
7. MM co_and_me and lose (just for fun this time)
8. Rinse, wash, repeat

Menthol Marth will be there for sure.
that looks like a good plan to me

daniel-zaman

Smash Journeyman
you would definately know if you played co and me. thats real son.i remember the first time he ***** me, that was long ago. but he still ***** me and always will.he isint even good at smash. JK lolz

C......

Smash Apprentice
ive seen him play many times at devotion but never got a game against him,i played bobby, chad, marty, some of wes' friends, the jigglypuff player, RC,mentholmarth, hyde, and tommy (those are who i remember playing)

chaddd

Smash Lord
SO THE TRASH TALKING BEGINS!

I am going to arpe everyone who comes. I invite you to try your hardest, for I am teh PWNZOR. Bobby, man. I'm coming after you this time. Forget Bruce Springsteen, the money I pull in from this will make him look...wel, rich, but whatever. He didn't get any money from playing a video game. Point is:

Me = Owning Bruce Springsteen

****it I love you, Wes. The puns are never ending with this tourney name.

Anyway...I think it's time for everyone else to "COMMENCE TRASH TALKING!"

But, no matter how much trash is talked, you'll still lose. Sorry, I'm poor.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
*Trash talks*

>.>

*More trash talk*

<.<

*More uber trash talk*

*Turns around... sees angry mob*

*RUNS!!!!!!!!*

Eugenio

Smash Lord
Trash talk..........?

Cornel, go to helll, you can't spell, your house smells like taco bell.

Chad, yo Ganon aint no cannon, you suck at forward air spammin', I'ma beat you so bad you gon' quit smash and start playin backgammon.

Omega, stick to Sega, go play street fighter2 and play as Vega.

Gerbil, I'm 4 stock ya **** suckin' Fox like a box of rocks.

Marty, I'ma just play with ya Roy like a KB toy... boy

*drops mic*

Gerbil

Smash Champion
0.o

*drops a beat for Renegade*

If you guys didn't already know I was white, you'd soon find out after my horrible attempt at dropping a beat haha.

chaddd

Smash Lord
This tournament's about to get blown up cuz. You numsayin?

-Real Talk-

Top Bottom