• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gas Prices

urdailywater

Smash Hero
We have it cheap still and even more. $2.01

It's way better than before at least. I filled up with $30 so it feels like it ;)

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I work at a gas station in Bloomfield, CT, and the price drops pretty much every day. I think the last time I was there it was $2.39.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Since we're talking about gas prices, have the changing gas prices in the past year or so changed any of your lifestyles?

I mean, have any of you driven less or gotten rid of certain vehicles in exchange for ones with more mileage?

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I work at a gas station in Bloomfield, CT, and the price drops pretty much every day. I think the last time I was there it was $2.39.
Really? The last I saw it at was around $2.80 in Mansfield. Either it's because I don't drive a lot at school and thus don't see a lot of gas prices often, or because it varies that much even within the state!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Does anyone think they will go back up? The government really has to be on point with their attempts at fixing the economy or else such major change like this could backfire and we could end up in a much deeper slump than before.

Just pessimistic speculation lol... I just hope the gas companies like Exxon Mobil really are as service-oriented and environment-loving as they say in commercials...

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Really? The last I saw it at was around $2.80 in Mansfield. Either it's because I don't drive a lot at school and thus don't see a lot of gas prices often, or because it varies that much even within the state!
Yeah, it varies a great deal, even between franchised stations. The Sunoco I work at is almost never the same price as the Sunoco down the road.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Does anyone think they will go back up? The government really has to be on point with their attempts at fixing the economy or else such major change like this could backfire and we could end up in a much deeper slump than before.

Just pessimistic speculation lol... I just hope the gas companies like Exxon Mobil really are as service-oriented and environment-loving as they say in commercials...
They will eventually. They're always going to face some sort of cyclical movement in my opinion. Whether it reaches the numbers it got up to recently, I can't say. It might come close. Hopefully it'll be controlled if it does go up.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Last time I filled up, it was down to $2.59 at the least expensive station, this is the same station I used to pay $4.09 a gallon in August. I'm sure it's dropped again by now.
This is in the small town of Ashland OR, just over the California border on Interstate 5,

D

Deleted member

A year ago it was 4 bucks, now it's about 2.09 on the WV/Ohio border.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman

and It always seems to go down when something big Politically is happening then it goes right back up.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
It's around $3 here. I forgot.

Compare these prices to how much it costs for a gallon of water.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I just saw a station on my way to school today that was at $1.99. This is the first time it's been under $2 in ages.

If I knew it wasn't just because the economy is exploding I'd be ecstatic.

D

Deleted member

1.30!?? I haven't seen that in 10 years! Gas on the WV/Ohio border went down to about 1.90 today.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well down here in texas ( Houston) it's at an average of $1.88, the highest is about $1.99 and the cheapest so far is $1.80. I believe it hasn't been this cheap since 1996. But I guess this is due to the fact that we are in a recession.

slave1

Smash Lord
our cheapest in salt lake i saw was 2.09 but here in cedar it is still still 2.60 or so.

and the reason it is still going down is because people believe that something big might happen to the economy and they are trying to sell all the stock they can so they can make something out of it.

why is Missouri so much cheaper? i was there once it was way cheep

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hmm.. as of now it just dropped from an average of $1.88 to a whopping $1.83, the cheapest now is $1.75.

Top Bottom