• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Garage Tourney at my place (sharpsburg) Friday 12/11 -Starts at 4, out by Midnight.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
So i'm thinking about having a tourney in my garage every couple of weeks, no door fees of course. If too many people show up and we dont have time to finish by midnight we'll just do singles and cancel teams, if less than 8 people show up we'll just do a free round robin tournament. Let me know if this is straight with everyone

412 Emory Phillips RD
Sharpsburg, GA 30277, USA

Bring a setup if you can, remember this **** IS in a garage.

Teams - 5 dollars a piece

Singles 5 dollars a piece

Show up from 3:30-4

Signups over at 4:15

Tourney Starts at 4:30

Payout

60, 25, 15 for singles

70, 30 for teams -

General rules

* Bring your own controller.
* Double elimination bracket.
* 4 Stocks.
* 8 minute timer.
* Items are set to "off" and "none".
* Set team attack to ON. (Doubles)
* Life Stealing is allowed. (Doubles)
* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches. Sets are best of 5 for all "finals" matches.
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors, or by a coin flip.
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.
* All decisions made by tournament officials are final.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Wobbling is banned.
* Excessive stalling is banned. (This is up to the tournament directors, which i'll go ahead and name as myself .This isnt a way to take a match from you just for playing a sharp edgegame, but if the point is to stall time, not just lure your opponent, then you know what you're doing wrong.)

Set format (In Order of Procedure)

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match.
* Double blind character selection may be called for the first match.
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set.
3. The first stage will be randomly selected from the starter list. Players may also agree to start on one of the starter list stages.
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List.
*if the loser chooses to have a random stage played, neither player may change character.
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for all proceeding matches.

Neutral stages
Battlefield
Dreamland 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams (Banned in doubles)
Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi's Story

Counter pick stages
Brinstar
Corneria
Kongo Jungle64
Mute City (Singles Only)
Poké Floats
Rainbow Cruise

Banned stages
Big Blue
Brinstar Depths
Flatzone
Fountain of Dreams (Doubles Only)
Fourside
Great Bay
Green Greens
Hyrule Temple
Icicle Mountain
Kongo Jungle
Mushroom Kingdom 1
Mute City (Doubles Only)
Onett
Peach’s Castle
Venom
Yoshi's Island 64
Yoshi’s Island (Pipes)

Rayku

Smash Lord
Ride johns are applicable if I don't make it

No johns if I do make it. Any time is good for me.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
it's almost six hours away... why am I even thinking about wanting to go. I must really love you Wes <3

just recently I was telling Yay, me and him should act like you and Bobby did and try to whip our state into shape... but it might be too late haha

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
it's almost six hours away... why am I even thinking about wanting to go. I must really love you Wes <3

just recently I was telling Yay, me and him should act like you and Bobby did and try to whip our state into shape... but it might be too late haha
it's not too late
it's never too late

...right. i'm off to kill myself for referencing that song. give RC my controllers and what not

DUB

Smash Lord
Omg this is unfair. Why is NC not have garage tourneys? Seriously if there is some miracle way I can get to this, I am going.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I support this idea completely.
I'll definitely show to these, Wes.

Are you planning on having these on weekends in the future?
Weekdays might be tough for me to make it down there.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
I support this idea completely.
I'll definitely show to these, Wes.

Are you planning on having these on weekends in the future?
Weekdays might be tough for me to make it down there.

Yeah man, well, i'll do them whenever i have a day off of work, our schedule is posted weekly so it'll pretty much be, i'll post on sunday or monday and let everyone know when it will be that weekend (if i'm gonna have one) and i'll just keep the first post and the title updated.

I'll post a ruleset (it'll be normal of course) sometime soon.

So let me know if you doods are coming ^_^ Oh and bring tv's and setups if you can, i got 2 prolly and datman's got one but we could use one or two more, so help me out dogggsssss

just1111

Smash Journeyman
ill be at all of these as long as im not working.... lets have a ssb tourney too... ill bring the setup

chaddd

Smash Lord
I'm going to come to your house and eat all your food and not go home until we go to the bottom of Florida and back.

Ah just like the old days. You know. Before France. We try not to talk about France.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
... did I just see Bobby post

no ****ing way
OH MY GOD
ALL IT TOOK WAS WES BACK IN GA FOR LIKE A FEW MINUTES AND GA IS BACK ON TOP BABY YEEEEEAH (I know I don't know what I'm talking about; leave my fantasies be)

but seriously wow Bobby, I am excited for where this could lead.

@ Wes/Chaddd please win Winterfest teams. if I go, I'm going to cheer you ****ers to first place <333

GAwes

Hidden Boss
... did I just see Bobby post

no ****ing way
OH MY GOD
ALL IT TOOK WAS WES BACK IN GA FOR LIKE A FEW MINUTES AND GA IS BACK ON TOP BABY YEEEEEAH (I know I don't know what I'm talking about; leave my fantasies be)

but seriously wow Bobby, I am excited for where this could lead.

@ Wes/Chaddd please win Winterfest teams. if I go, I'm going to cheer you ****ers to first place <333
well, that is assuming i go to winterfest.

D

Deleted member

Its about 1 hour 30 to 2 hours away from me. I might go.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I get off work around 3pm tomorrow- so I might not be able to make it there as early as I'd like.
=(

And if I'm too late to enter stuff... well ****.
lol

GAwes

Hidden Boss
I get off work around 3pm tomorrow- so I might not be able to make it there as early as I'd like.
=(

And if I'm too late to enter stuff... well ****.
lol
if its gonna be close at all just gimme a call and i'll hold your place in the bracket, no worries, if everyone does that **** though and holds the tournament going too late, then we're ****ed, cause im def. gettin my sleep before i gotta wake up at 8 and work for like 9 1/2 hours. not like im Q_Q 'n, i just dont sacrifice sleep for a video game.

tubes

Smash Ace
Wish I could be there. You should host another one over the holiday break. (starts next Friday for me)

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Fun tournament!

I'm really happy I got to meet Bobby and play him in tourney.

GAwes is too cool

Sleepy- I love you

Fullmetal- on my way back, I decided that you're still my apprentice. You still have a long way to go, but I noticed a little bit of improvement.

fullmetal's gf- red hair. I approve.

alpha- where u at

Archaic - you should've beaten Bobby.

Rayku - I'm glad to see that you're ******

Lounis- I wish you still played fox/falco. You could've placed higher.

Dr Pepper- you taste too good

Dr Pepper- pick a main character and then go from there. I suggest Falco for now and then once you feel comfortable with him, start using Falcon as a secondary. That's pretty much what Sleepyk does.

Datman/GAwes/Tbag- I still need to play you guys

Rayku

Smash Lord
I'm so glad you're back in the states, Wes.

I didn't even know you still hung out with Shaun lol

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Thanks to everybody that came out today, it was pretty cool for sure, lol @ going to the chick fil a that wasnt 2 miles away. Hope to see everybody at the next one ^_^

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
1: SleepyK ($33.00)
2: GAWes ($13.75)
3: Rayku ($8.25)
4: Fullmetal
5: BBQ
5: Tommy
7: Archaic
7: Lounis
9: Datman
9: Dr. Pepper