• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GanonTube - The Official Ganon Videos and Critique thread

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
Ah, that Delusion vid Verm did never ceases to amaze me. I just watched it for the 3rd time. Good ish Verm.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RxOOhJYw2I
My reacting time was stilll wifi here but meh.. I had more but they got lost.
Hard to critique against such a player but go ahead lol

Okay so now that Ive time some more information:
I went to a randoms house, who was a friend of Catpukee my teammate. He seemed to troll the dutch smash community site but he wasn't a troll in the end, kind of sad because he did a great job. I played some matches against Catpukee's Link but sadly the guys hacks had a strange effect on Link, and all the replays using his textures were somebody is Link, desynch. He gave me his Link folder but they still desynched. I will take a closer look to maybe find another eplay of my GAnon since I have like 50 replays saved from that one day bu for now this si the only one. The Samus is I think the brother of the guy I came too who dropped bye for one game and lol this happened.

I'll go ahead and get out some points:

* My Powershielding was way off, wifi is screwing with my timing and those matches actually took me to stop wifi for now, Verm was right, it poisions your offline game.
* I was trying Airdgode Traps by doing a fake out jump and trying an Uair to Nair frametrap. Both of those failed, but I realised he ALWAYS airdgodes, so a simple nair would hit him with the second quit powerful hit.
* His offstage game was trash, to say the least. I wouldn't acutally try to gimp a better Samus ofcourse.
* My Wizard Kick Cancel miscalculations were a 1 time thing. I don't think I did any wrong one the rest of the day.
* Don't take this match too seriously cause lol the opponent
* He's a Majoras Mask fan, you can get the reference in the tag.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I get a lot from wifi to be honest, and I consider it more useful to practice on wifi than against computers if only for the sake of practicing mindgames. The main thing I don't like about wifi as Ganon is the difficulty of buffering iDAs out of Flame Choke and that Ganon's wizkick is more abuseable (as in players don't react to it very well, making its implementation on wifi unrealistic).

The best way to practice if you don't have a human next to you is a combination of wifi and training mode exercises. Wifi to learn where some mindgames work, and training mode to keep your timing in real time fresh.

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
The best way to practice if you don't have a human next to you is a combination of wifi and training mode exercises. Wifi to learn where some mindgames work, and training mode to keep your timing in real time fresh.
Good thing I do that alot =)

The bad thing is when you have practiced offline, your timing suck online :p
Atleast it does for me.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord

Exalted

Smash Lord
Dayum, that match was great. Gerudo -> Fsmash is too good.
I was surprised by how you could survive hanging on the edge for so long against a MK.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
That moment were you werel edge and offstage pressured was really a brief to see you surive that.
Then came the Glide Attack 5 secs after. =/

Also you should really get a better recorder or let someone else do it xP

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
I didn't know you played Cat :O We play on Gamefaqs together lul
He's my teampartner, the dude I know best in the dutch smash community and we even visit each other sometimes. I remember him saying that he was on Gamefaqs sometimes lulz

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Yes, yes I can do that.
So what do you want, the simple putting it on my channel, uploading it to your channel by using your password, or put it on mediafire for you to download and then upload it yourself?
It are small .mp4 files of under 100 mb anyway.
I'd love to do that for ya ^^
I could do it in like.. Tomorrow after school. Its now evening for me almost 6. So tomorrow about this time I geuss It could be up.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Really nice performance there, Verm.
You avoided getting gimped really well, and if we don't get gimped, we can survive long enough to actually have a small chance Vs MK.

Exalted

Smash Lord
Aha, such a long time since I last visited Nintendoforumet. I can remember seeing you there maaany months ago.

I wish I could attend, since there's no school for me this week.
Anyways, bring the murder to them.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I can give them the Exlated Combo from you, if you want.
(iDA -> iDA from 0%)

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Hey sure Id like to record your vid Verm but it would kinda help if I actually had the replay lol

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
It doesn't look like 60 FPS, it looks like a badly calibrated Dazzle. Those take a while to get used to brawl. The no haxs was also quit disapointing, but it is indeed quit somewhat better to watch.
Is this recorded with a pal game?

Noobicidal

Smash Master

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Dio just became my favorite Ganon main. I loved those matches. Like almost everything I see that works in theory was actually applied well in those matches, and the reads and reactions of those players were intense. The only thing is I think their edgeguards are a bit too conservative, and that Dio should have tried a few techchase attempts here and there, but other than that, those were truly a good examples of high level gameplay.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Dio impressed me. Though, I have to say, he's more impressive as a player than as a Ganon. He doesn't make use of a lot of Ganon's arsenal. But what he does use, he uses well.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The only thing I wished Dio would do was edgeguard a bit more aggressively and techchase here and there in situations where Jab wouldn't get Link offstage.

Otherwise in terms of spacing optimally and using moves on stage where they should actually be used, he definitely knew what he was doing. And his opponent wasn't exactly bad either.

Also, those players DIed really well in general, something that not everyone in America does that well. One of the complaints I usually have about most characters vs Link in the USA is that people just for some reason DI really badly against Link's KO moves.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
He's good at everything except Gerudo'ing, which he appears to be horrible at.
He doesn't even us it, and when he DOES use it, he get punished hard.

Also, I agree with the +agressive edgeguarding.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
He's good at everything except Gerudo'ing, which he appears to be horrible at.
He doesn't even us it, and when he DOES use it, he get punished hard.

Also, I agree with the +agressive edgeguarding.
Aye. Like I was just discussing in another thread, it seems most Japanese players all have extremely good fundamentals, but they're very limited. Dio impresses me a lot with his spacing, reactions and fluidity, but in other areas, he, as well as his opponents, were disappointingly weak.

In other words, what he and the others do well, they do really well. But they're very stagnant players, it seems.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
The reason that you dont see a lot of variety is because no characters are limited.
D3s infinite isn't banned for example. When you ask them about any char that can be infinited its just like "Dedede".
NL has a lot of those Japanese on Skype and he talks with them a lot he told me this.
I'll ask him 'bout Dio sometime.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't think they are stagnant. To me it seems like they simply look for improvement in other aspects of the game than players from North America and Europe do. I'm also fairly sure that time will prove them right on this and their way will turn out more successful.

:059:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I don't think they are stagnant. To me it seems like they simply look for improvement in other aspects of the game than players from North America and Europe do. I'm also fairly sure that time will prove them right on this and their way will turn out more successful.

:059:
What I mean is that they stick to linear playstyles. No edgeguarding, no follow-ups, no gimps and sticking to a small handful of moves. I noticed Dio rarely uses anything outside of DAir, BAir, UAir and Fsmash.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The way I see it, I think it's safe to say Japan plays theory fighter much better than the majority of the English speaking community. They play based on optimal spacing, reactions, and matchup knowledge better than most of the USA.

I think Japan as a whole is a lot less gimmicky than the USA from observation.

And they are pretty good at follow ups. Just from what I can tell, follow ups for all characters are common knowledge in Japan, whereas a lot of people in the USA have very limited knowledge for that outside of a few characters.

Top Bottom