• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

:034:

Smash Hero
We'll just have to sit tight and wait for the vid. Might have something to do with techchasing, but then again it's supposed to work for almost all characters.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
He mentioned that it abuses the jab lock animation.
And Ganon's jablock moves are: Tipman, Sourspot Jab & Sourspot Nair.

EDIT: I feel like a kid during christmas c_c

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I tried screwing around with Ganon last night.

Ganon, Snake, and D3 all have a strong dash attack, with a hitbox that lasts almost to the end.
I don't know if Snake has a delay on his hitbox coming out like those two. Ganon can go through people, though I don't think D3 can.

I thought it was some form of Dash attack cancelling into a jump - which would be **** **** with our DA's weak spot - but if it's possible I couldn't get it to happen.

Something occurred to me though. Why are there these dash attack cancel techniques, and why does it seem only possible with C-stick? Why can't I hit A and then Up+Z fast enough?

Something good did come out of it though: I think I can True Pivot about 50% consistently with Ganon now. However, I'm more successful doing it right to left than I am left to right. :\
Always pisses me off when that happens.

EDIT: I read this:
Set c-stick to attack. Hold forward while you hit down on the a-stick. It buffers a walk intbetween each dtilt that would other wise not be humanly possible. The only other charecters to get this kind of boost from this is Marth and Lucario.
How is that not humanly possible? Just hold down for crouch during the dtilt, instant walk out of it, then nudge it back down enough to use C-stick again to get a tilt. Keep Smash-stick.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
How is that not humanly possible? Just hold down for crouch during the dtilt, instant walk out of it, then nudge it back down enough to use C-stick again to get a tilt. Keep Smash-stick.
It is possible, but not to the same extent that this method gives you. This method gives you a larger slide.

I've tested, and I can't get DDD's dash animation to fall off the edge. Also, why would this have anything to do with Ganon, DDD, and Snake?

Let's just wait and see what happens with this.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Something occurred to me though. Why are there these dash attack cancel techniques, and why does it seem only possible with C-stick? Why can't I hit A and then Up+Z fast enough?
Simple. That's the easiest way to set your fingers up.

Smash Hero
So just say what it is in the thread. >_> We won't put it in the thread in Tactical so we don't ruin Seibrik's fun

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
It is possible, but not to the same extent that this method gives you. This method gives you a larger slide.

I've tested, and I can't get DDD's dash animation to fall off the edge. Also, why would this have anything to do with Ganon, DDD, and Snake?

Let's just wait and see what happens with this.
DDD can do it. I was having a tough time at first with it, but you basically have to start all of their DAs like right next to the opponent's shield while the opponent is extremely close to the ledge.

He said Ganon, D3, and Snake, the way they play, get set ups into the AT, opportunities to use it. Personally I could see how D3 and Snake would, with some of their edge guarding, but I can't see how it would set up Ganon all that well.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I think the setups refer to their Dthrows/side b. If they roll to the edge/end up there and you're close they will probably hold shield which lets you dash attack them.

Smash Hero
Snake, D3 and Ganon do sorta play alike. Defensive, grounded playstyle, with emphasis on range and hitting hard. Just that Ganon is a lot worse at it >:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
If we DA them too early after they roll towards the ledge, we'll hit 'em with our DA instead of them shielding it.
Therefor we must execute the DA right after they put up their shield.

But, however, IF you're gonna attack them before they get their shield up after rolling towards the ledge, you'd better make it a Z1gman Combo Spike.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
He said that it'll make Ganondorf 1 to 2 characters more viable. And if this "new" tech is dash attack canceling, then lol. Ganon won't be any more viable than he already is.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Well this is what Red and I found last night... the opponent is shielding right next to the edge, so you dash attack into them and you both fall, but you can act but the opponent can't. So you immediately Dair without fastfalling (can't C-stick it, you gotta slightly tilt the analog stick down and press A) and the spike will connect if you did it right.

About half the cast can survive it at 0% with proper meteor canceling etc., so I wouldn't call it 0-to-death. And I'm still trying to find out what setup Ganon has to get in this situation where he can use it....

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I just did a lil' detective work and think I found out the secret. It is pretty situational. The mechanic is actually already known but I guess no one ever really put time into abusing it.

Dash attack someone blocking next to the edge and then you Dair (lol I called it involving Dair). Marvel at how this was never really brought up lol. DASC = Dash Attack Stage Cancel. I am too pro ;).
Yeah DLA that was my guess for the new AT as you can see. The only thing that doesn't seem to fit are the shieldbreaking setups he talked about. With Snake you can dash attack > Bair > fully charged mine on their shield but that doesn't seem to break it at full shield. There is probably some C4 included to make it break shields at full. He did mention Snake will never pull it off in a match so it makes it seem as situational as what I just mentioned.

Smash Hero
Well this is what Red and I found last night... the opponent is shielding right next to the edge, so you dash attack into them and you both fall, but you can act but the opponent can't. So you immediately Dair without fastfalling (can't C-stick it, you gotta slightly tilt the analog stick down and press A) and the spike will connect if you did it right.

About half the cast can survive it at 0% with proper meteor canceling etc., so I wouldn't call it 0-to-death. And I'm still trying to find out what setup Ganon has to get in this situation where he can use it....

To be honest, I don't think this is it. How would Snake break shields with this? Also, I don't think Seibrik would call 0-death for Ganon without testing meteor cancelling, which even CPU's do... Also, there doesn't seem to be a setup for this nor is it guaranteed...

Although, I guess the 'AT' in question might supply a set-up for this while adding damage, perhaps making the spike so that they can still meteor cancel, but you can edgehog before they reach it (kinda like Falco's chainspike, although you can avoid that as well with proper DI).

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Well I definitely hope this isn't it because it's pretty much impossible to use this in a real match. I've been trying, trust me lol.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Meh... That's not far from what we're already doing.
It pretty much the same thing as when we SH Uair them on their shield off stage, and follow up with an attack in the very same SH.

It still looks cool, though.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Lol I so called it. Even the Snake shield break and Ganon's "setup" into it. I even got the acronym right (Dah Awesome Seibrik Combo) in the locked hype thread.

Too bad it wasn't something that really would bump Ganon up. I would have loved to see that happen.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm betting Metaknight is going to find quite a bit of use for this. DA -> D-air. =/

Superspright

Smash Lord
I can see MK using this. But ganon really doesn't gain too much except for DA to dair, or DA to aerudo. Those are pretty good.

Zhouten

Smash Apprentice
I'm betting Metaknight is going to find quite a bit of use for this. DA -> D-air. =/
Well, it sure is a good thing we ba- or wait.... No, the SBR decided not to ban Metaknight because other character's metagames had yet to have developed like his. Odd how with that reason, Metaknight's metagame is starting to look as though it's going to go even farther and faster than any other character in the game. Oh wait.... it's always been like that.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Well, it sure is a good thing we ba- or wait.... No, the SBR decided not to ban Metaknight because other character's metagames had yet to have developed like his. Odd how with that reason, Metaknight's metagame is starting to look as though it's going to go even farther and faster than any other character in the game. Oh wait.... it's always been like that.
So much win. Although I doubt Ganon would be very affected by Meatknight's banning. Mainly because he sucks so much (at Brawl. IRL and in game he's too pro). Pretty much, Ganon will stay where he is until the next game. Maybe he can pull a Link and go to nearly middle tier.

Too bad the FoG from the lower blast line didn't work. That would have been freaking amazing.

"Wow, what a n00b, he can't recover worth-- HOLY CRAP I NEED NEW PANTS, HE JUST RECOVERED"

Ganon needs something broken. He also needs the ToP as part of his Brawl Skin. I've been waiting for the SSB game where I can pause, look at Link, Zelda, or Ganon; see their hand and see the triforce on their hand glowing. Seriously.

ShinGaruda

Smash Journeyman
They would glow on both hands, since the TP characters' textures are mirror images. But I guess that isn't really a bad thing.

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
The DASC does look a bit useful for Ganon with the follow up of Dair as it doesn't lag much. Best of example for him IMO. Not as great I thought it would be for him, still it was worth the watch.

Zhouten

Smash Apprentice
We just need to find a way to make it more useful, maybe DASC-> Dair -> Fast Fall -> Footstool? That could be the 0-death possibly but even with that.... it's still very difficult to corner an opponent like that, and what are the chances of them not just spot dodging? Majority oy my opponent's would do that if they saw me charging at them...

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Dude, if it's to kill someone at 0 - and he's not named Falcon - you ****ing Wizkick.

We play Ganon. A stock for a stock is a bargain. You know what they call it when the bargains are so insane that people are bulldozin' each other to tromp the supermarkets? That's right, they call it murder.

EDIT:

Plus do you have any idea how intimidating you look to go down with someone and not even look scared about your odds?

Just by game theory, if it's 1 on 1, and one side "has more", it's always a good strategy to trade down. That is, destroy resources for equal resources. You can even throw away resources to destroy the last of your opponent's. Players who do this - if and only if you really do look confident, though - are saying they are pro and consistent enough to play that newly created, tight scenario to victory. Subtly, they are saying "I have more than you; I am more than you."

I would say though that this breaks down again if you are playing someone who is both miles better than you, and completely 100% level-headed. He'll turn that against you. But even any pros you know, can still feel pressure. One guy in my area can be 3rd or 2nd place finisher, but if he makes a mistake or "gets gheyed", you know you have to rub it in his face, because right now that IS why he loses.
If you consult the Tauntdorf, I'm sure you can find a way to tip that sweat-match in your favour.

But, I made this edit just to say: I'm going to be changing my name, to ZedF. I very much dislike PK-ow! and at my last tourney it screwed up the brackets when someone entered me twice.
... I might still like you guys to call me PK, though.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Dude, if it's to kill someone at 0 - and he's not named Falcon - you ****ing Wizkick.

We play Ganon. A stock for a stock is a bargain. You know what they call it when the bargains are so insane that people are bulldozin' each other to tromp the supermarkets? That's right, they call it murder.
lol

10 lols

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
We just need to find a way to make it more useful, maybe DASC-> Dair -> Fast Fall -> Footstool? That could be the 0-death possibly but even with that.... it's still very difficult to corner an opponent like that, and what are the chances of them not just spot dodging? Majority oy my opponent's would do that if they saw me charging at them...
Agreed, and I believe pulling that off would be more rewarding then any usual spike. It's pretty situational like said already. Would be nice if it could happen more often (Opponent shielding...) rather seeing them spotdodge lol.

PK-ow! said:
Plus do you have any idea how intimidating you look to go down with someone and not even look scared about your odds?
Touche that does bring up something. Being serious, I also find this really silly. The cost for this is risky, it should be those kind of moments where your confidence is unshaken about winning. Anyway yeah you may have a good point. That or you can mindgame your opponent if it was a total accident. If that's any use.

ZedF said:
I'm going to be changing my name, to ZedF.
Alright. Way ahead of you. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom