• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Last I checked, Ganon has more tournament wins than Tacket.... pretty sure it'll stay that way forever too.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Suck less than everyone.
^This.

Also it helps that most Ganondorf mains are completely legit and are some of the best players in the game.

This does not include me because I suck at the game.

Feels batman.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Unfortunately I wouldn't call any Ganon mains "some of the best players in the game" right now. All of the top Ganon mains are still potfillers, especially if we go to any of the hardest regions.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
as far as mastery of their character goes, ganon mains probably are some of the best players in the game o.O

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Well yeah. But character mastery alone doesn't win tournaments.

As far as I'm concerned, no Ganon players currently have enough skill to be considered top players. Even if we dropped Ganon and focused on top tiers. Just look at Fonz and me... Fonz has always considered himself a Ganon main, but he played pretty much 100% Lucario/MK in tournaments since 08 (AFAIK)... and he didn't win a tournament until a few months ago. And that was with Ganon.

I've mained Ganon on and off in tournaments, and really, my placements haven't been dependent on which characters I'm using. I usually get consistent placements regardless of whether I'm using Ganon, MK, DK, Pikachu, etc.... I mean hell, when I got 2nd at a local a few months ago using Pika/DK/G&W, I got 3rd the very next tournament using only Ganon. My high placements aren't a result of character selection; it's just me getting better as a player. But 2nd and 3rd at a Chicago local really isn't enough to be considered a national threat.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
tl;dr: Tiers means very little

Also DLA, what is the name of the person in your avatar? i keep coming across it and i have no idea who it is XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I see, I've seen many...NSFW gifs of a girl dressed as that. was kinda wondering on the name so i could try and find the video it came from, cheers!

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
Not much really, verm and mink got into BBR. nothing other than that
Also what up with the hospital?
Got a nasty virus and well...

to keep it clean lets just say i lost like 3 pounds of water (along with other non-mentionables) so i was pretty dam dehydrated and thus had to stay in the hospital for a while

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Got a nasty virus and well...

to keep it clean lets just say i lost like 3 pounds of water (along with other non-mentionables) so i was pretty dam dehydrated and thus had to stay in the hospital for a while
Oh damn, that sounds a lot like cholera. Good to know you're all better now though

Xubble

Smash Ace
Dat raw powah, son. A lot of people underestimate what happens when you actually take a hit from Ganon and what it can lead to.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
iirc ganons standard attacks (a.k.a: not including getups and pummels) Averagings out to lke 16% each, far higher than any other character XD

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
I never understood how the tallest character in the game has the shortest grab range.

I mean seriously your arm-span is almost equal to your height so he should have a much longer grab range than he does. But oh well.

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
I never understood how the tallest character in the game has the shortest grab range.

I mean seriously your arm-span is almost equal to your height so he should have a much longer grab range than he does. But oh well.
i know what you mean.... whenever i fight kirby im like....

"how do those lil stubs have that much range...?"

Heartstring

Smash Legend
he doesnt bend his elbow when he grabs, in fact it looks like he's just doing an uppercut without a fist XD
Regardless, he does have the highest grabbox in the game, which is why he can do his standing infinite grab release on wario. While other characters need to Pgrab to infinite him

Xubble

Smash Ace
Yoshi, ZSS, and I believe Marth and Bowser can also AR infinite Wario without Pgrabs. But Ganondorf definitely has the easiest time with it. Although Yoshi is easy too.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
So guys, because dirt is flaking apex, i need a double partner, anyone here going to apex and wants to do manly double ganons?

Top Bottom