• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Fonz's wins are more impressive IMO, considering who he beat.

Let's not argue about it though because I don't even like these arguments when I'm arguing for MYSELF, much less when I'm arguing on someone else's behalf lol.

Fonz *****, let's leave it at that.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yeah, I getcha. Today is a victory for Ganon, 'nuff said.

One thing I've learned though from all the past Ganon debacles is that calling out a particular person as the best unless special circumstances isn't gonna work. I've come to prefer asking the opinion of the those who've played both me and my competition, or beating someone so distinguished that it's incontrovertible.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
He no doubt deserves major props. I'm just waiting 'til I know the full deal before I call the event unprecedented. I know Fonz is an excellent Ganon (top 5 without question), but from what I know and have seen, I can't justify that placing. I could be wrong though, which is why I'm just waiting to see.

@Makke: It wasn't low-tier, just MK banned.

M'kay, I found out the scoop. Fonz beat Blue Rogue, YbM and AlphaZealot. Wario, Kirby and Diddy, respectively. The win against YbM is very impressive, but I don't know how good AlphaZealot and Blue Rogue are. Are they considered top 5 of their characters? Anyone know?
Also Alphazealot is the best diddy in the midwest and places very well out of region, he was also the tournament director for MLG,

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
My boy Fonzi doing work. I'm salty that I didn't show up to at least get a crack at stopping that awesome win streak, but that's on me. Great job taking names with the Bottom Tier tank man.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
I come back from CoT5 and Fonz wins a tournament going all Ganon? WHAT?

Here's the breakdown from CoT5:

Pools:
Mew2King (I took a stock off of him one time I'm happy)
Xzax (Who could have ruined me if he wanted to, he knows Ganon way too well)
No-IDea (I played okay in the first match but, in all senses, SD'd with 2% in our second match, which really ruined everything)
Supreme Dirt (Pirate Ship! OH YEAH!)
Hyde (DQ'd)

Mid-Tier Tournament (Ran later last night)
Lost to Ch33s3 (:fox:!!!!!!)
Lost to Stealth Raptor (:rob: Last hit on game 3, I really have to do a better job closing matches)

Amateur Bracket (For those who didn't make it out of pools):
Beat Sharky (:yoshi2:)
Lost to GUARD (:fox::fox::fox:)
Beat Bionic (:marth: :metaknight:)
Lost to M@V (FOOOXXX- wait, he played :metaknight: :troll:)

I mean I can say that I can beat good tournament players now, which is much more than I can say in the past, but Fonz, why do you have to ruin my fun? (Kidding, man, this is an incredible achievement and you deserve every bit of this praise)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Not that it really matters, but I was ranked 4th on the "top 5 character" chart for Diddy until about a month ago, when somehow Lie (despite using other characters for most of his wins) and Big Lou got placed over me (mainly because I've been getting 4th-9th at locals) Shrug. I use to be ranked #1 in Ohio for a long time until M2K moved to the state, and at OoS tournaments I typically beat (and lose to) ranked players. Here is how I did at the only regional/large tournament I've been to this year:

School is in Session IV
1st Seed out of Pools, no games dropped
Bye
Lost to Coney (#5 MD/VA): 1-2
Beat Argent (Unranked): 2-1
Beat Quik (Inactive, formally #3 Illinois): 2-1
Beat Capem (Unranked): by forfeit
Beat Arty (#2 Illinois): 2-1
Beat Kain (#1 Illinois): 2-1
Beat Vinnie (#2 New York): 2-1
Beat King Toon (#2 Pennsylvania): 2-0
Lost to Atomsk (#2 New Jersey): 1-2
Final Placement: 4th/115

Fonz did something I doubt any other Ganon could do. Just saying.

---
Ganon's X-Factors:
1. Crowd is against you
2. You have no idea how to fight Ganon, because no one plays Ganon
3. You die at <100%
4. During the match, you think about how bad it would be if you lost to Ganon

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well, we cna safely say we have some behemoth players behind the pad on ganon!
also, i can help but feel a ganon team would contain a LOT of heavy

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Golden I have a feeling you're tired.
I am too.
Your post makes no sense to me at 4 am....
check my location silly
it was just about 9am for me, i'd been up for a few hours. i just simply make manymany typo's

and yeah, medics will be needed. i think ill have to be a heavy, that just how i roll, i always use someone tankish

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
fonz fooonnzzz my dude taking it to the next levelllll

this reminds me of us playing dittos for like, an hour at pound 4 haha We could have been doing so many more productive things but instead we just decided to play eachother haha

fonzi21

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure, I upset the world balance, and the smash community is going to fall into chaos. This is like the second coming of Jesus.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
separate them all, then pick them off one by one
perfect time to do it too, if we had waited much longer NATO would have reached such a high number of country's registered it would have become nigh impossible to topple the world

Heartstring

Smash Legend
GP, considering your previous encounter with the hand of law, you should watch what you post, lolol.

Also, this is how I imagine Fonz's opponents looking like mid-match: http://www.myfacewhen.com/387/
its kay, i was 'proven' innocent
and if the laws hand wanders my way again, i will have to act on it as if it was the master hand
mwahahahaha
yes, im slightly tipsy

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Yeah I agree we should change the social name to one that says about Ganon winning a tourney. This should never be forgotten as long as the Smash scene is alive because this is extremely unlikely to happen yet it still happened.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Fonz did something I doubt any other Ganon could do. Just saying.

---
Ganon's X-Factors:
1. Crowd is against you
2. You have no idea how to fight Ganon, because no one plays Ganon
3. You die at <100%
4. During the match, you think about how bad it would be if you lost to Ganon

as someone who played him a lot, i agree 100% with what az says. also, on the note of az, if you dont/didnt know who AZ was...how dare you call yourself a smasher xD

where Ganondorf won a tournament. Fonz trolled the entire tourney.
i see the guy just about every day and i still CAN NOT EFFING believe that he won with ganon....

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I don't know you Fonzi but good ****.

Now will you Ganons stop treating me like some deranged scrub when I say Ganon could ARGUABLY not be set in stone as the worst character in the game?
Or at least not deserving of his own tier at the bottom?

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Heh, saw that in the other thread, good stuff. Also you said that you chocked on the grab release with Wario. Was it because of the loud scream or the intense atmosphere made you nervous?

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Now will you Ganons stop treating me like some deranged scrub when I say Ganon could ARGUABLY not be set in stone as the worst character in the game?
Or at least not deserving of his own tier at the bottom?
I've been saying that Ganon doesn't deserve his own tier roughly since the last tier list came out. It's good to know that more and more people agree about this. As to whether he's the worst, I'm pretty sure he still is, but I'm starting to think that Falcon might end up being more deserving of that title. Whether that ends up being true I don't know, I just want the manly tier to come into fruition (no Jigglypuff/Zeldas allowed).

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I still think Ganon deserves his own tier mainly because it's really common tourney characters like D3, Falco and MK that keep him from placing well mostly, whereas Falcon can hold his own a bit better against characters like that, especially Falco.

I reiterate, Fonz's accomplishment is amazing, but the luck he saw in bracket (keep in mind Fonz what I said yesterday--this is in contrast to a usual bracket with aforementioned characters; not saying it was super fun easy time lol) in addition to the MK ban might be misleading as to Ganon's tier placement. I think by and large, Falcon probably has a harder time with more characters, but none give him so hard a time as such common characters like the ones I mentioned do Ganon. Ganon's speed is so often overlooked as one of his worst traits (his running speed; not frame speed!). With speed like Falcons, he can close the gaps that cripple Ganon.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yeah. The problem with Ganon is that he CAN do well against most characters because he's so ****ing strong. But some of THE most common characters offer him his absolute worst MUs. It's no doubt surmountable, but it's extraordinarily difficult.

Top Bottom