• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I realized I forgot to say...

it's not official yet but Verm and I are probably rooming together at Genesis.

Also Ally's staying with us too.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
its safe to say that someones gonna need to shove a female in that room or else it will explode from sheer manpower

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Well my tourney is today (Second one I will have ever hosted) and this time I will be having a bunch of vids recorded and a lovely live stream starting at 4pm eastern time http://www.ustream.tv/channel/lordxav1er

Hope you all enjoy if you watch and Link will be taking names (gunning for So Fatal)
relevant/10

So who's all going to brainshock?
moi. see you there buddy

Who's the best ganon? I forget.
Kage the Warrior

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Congratulations to Fonz for pulling out a tourney win with Ganon. Has that ever happened before in Brawl?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Congratulations to Fonz for pulling out a tourney win with Ganon. Has that ever happened before in Brawl?
I'm waiting until the bracket image is uploaded to applaud, though it's a goob job nonetheless. The results are just a little suspicious, mainly because most people in the top 10 are "randoms" and MX778, a Yoshi who I don't believe is recognized as even a top 5 Yoshi player made top 3, so I'm skeptical for the moment. I think it's mainly because the event Kiest hosted wasn't Brawl specific (as it had 6 other events running for other fighters) so a lot of unusual things happened.

If he did pull some mean wins, then by all means, he deserves praise.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
He still deserves congratulations because Ganons winning tourneys or even money is extremely rare. I still think you're the best Ganon Verm, but Fonz has still always been very good IMO, we just don't hear much about him because he doesn't visit our boards often and/or he just doesn't attend many tourneys.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
He no doubt deserves major props. I'm just waiting 'til I know the full deal before I call the event unprecedented. I know Fonz is an excellent Ganon (top 5 without question), but from what I know and have seen, I can't justify that placing. I could be wrong though, which is why I'm just waiting to see.

@Makke: It wasn't low-tier, just MK banned.

M'kay, I found out the scoop. Fonz beat Blue Rogue, YbM and AlphaZealot. Wario, Kirby and Diddy, respectively. The win against YbM is very impressive, but I don't know how good AlphaZealot and Blue Rogue are. Are they considered top 5 of their characters? Anyone know?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Blue Rouge is considered to be a T-5 Wario (at his last 'big' tournament which was SiiS5, he beat Izumi, Inui, DJIskascribble and Domo [the Kansas MK] placing 7th) and AZ at least used to be. It's debatable now, but he's still around one of the best in the country. T-8, maybe.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Awesome. Fonz definitely deserves respect. This is good motivation for me to start going back to tourneys again (if I ever get the time and money).

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Ohio is considered to be the best Smash state in the midwest.

To anyone saying AZ isn't great... he got 4th/120ish at SiiS4 a few months ago. He's probably the best Diddy in the midwest.

Y.b.M is considered to be the second best Kirby (behind Chudat), and Blue Rogue is a top Wario and places consistently high at regionals/nationals.

This is far more impressive than anything Verm or I have ever done. Fonz is clearly the top Ganondorf right now.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
With consistency like this, it's entirely possible, but like I said on Skype, I want to see at least one more tournament where Fonz takes names before I'm willing to fully admit it. :p

I'm not by <any> means undermining Fonz's accomplishment when I say this, but Fonz was very fortunate with his bracket MUs, which is something neither DLA nor myself typically have the good fortune to have, which is why I'm just waiting for a bit more of a taste.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
He still deserves congratulations because Ganons winning tourneys or even money is extremely rare. I still think you're the best Ganon Verm, but Fonz has still always been very good IMO, we just don't hear much about him because he doesn't visit our boards often and/or he just doesn't attend many tourneys.
I go to Tournaments all the time. Just not with Ganondorf, so you guys never hear about it. And I use to post on these boards all the time.

Thanks, DLA

fonzi21

Smash Ace
With consistency like this, it's entirely possible, but like I said on Skype, I want to see at least one more tournament where Fonz takes names before I'm willing to fully admit it. :p

I'm not by <any> means undermining Fonz's accomplishment when I say this, but Fonz was very fortunate with his bracket MUs, which is something neither DLA nor myself typically have the good fortune to have, which is why I'm just waiting for a bit more of a taste.

Ice climbers, Diddy Kong, Wario, and Kirby aren't *Fortunate* bracket MU's. LOL

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
After all this time, I still hit the edit button instead of the quote button... lol

Anyway. In the scope of tournament brackets, I think it's pretty good. It's better than MKs, Falcos, Snakes and D3s. As I'm sure you well known, Diddy, Wario and Kirby aren't especially threatening to a knowledgeable Ganon and are entirely doable MUs. Like I said, don't take this as me undermining how well you did, but the primary reason I'm reluctant to deify the accomplishment is because, by and large, this was a bracket any top Ganon would die for. As for ICs, I can vouch firsthand that they're nightmarish to fight, but as with many other MUs, unless they're really adept at the MU, they're no different than any other MU. I beat Prawn (a former ranked ICs in my region) twice in tournament now. He's a good player, and a very good ICs player, but he didn't know anything about fighting Ganon, so he played like a dolt and lost it. See what I'm getting at?

I want to restate this: you done damn good, and we're proud of you. It's just that I think a bit more needs to be seen before one can be declared the best.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
The results are just a little suspicious, mainly because most people in the top 10 are "randoms" and MX778, a Yoshi who I don't believe is recognized as even a top 5 Yoshi player made top 3, so I'm skeptical for the moment.

If he did pull some mean wins, then by all means, he deserves praise.
MX is underrated. He should be top 5 IMO, but was kinda disregarded from contention because he doesn't attend tournaments very often, so more active players were used to fill up the top 5 in his place.

:005:

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Yes I do understand Verm, but there is more to consider then beating a MU, you also have to defeat the player. Character MU's aren't everything.

I'm not concerned about who is the top Ganon, I don't want it, But don't take away from my victory,

I don't want to be declared the best so don't worry about that.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yes I do understand Verm, but there is more to consider then beating a MU, you also have to defeat the player. Character MU's aren't everything.

I'm not concerned about who is the top Ganon, I don't want it, But don't take away from my victory,

I don't want to be declared the best so don't worry about that.
I'd never dream of undermining such a good job, Fonz. And I do know MUs aren't everything. My main point is just that given a fairly favorable bracket (at least as far as a Ganon main is concerned in contrast to other potential ones) the true mettle has yet to be tested, so to speak.

As for the top Ganon spot, I'm honestly not sure if I'll ever be able to attend tournaments regularly again with the chaos in my life right now, so I don't want it to seem as though I'm just aiming to retain status. I stand by my word: if you pull something even remotely like this in tourney again, I'll be fully satisfied in handing the title over.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
All of these Ohio players have tons of Ganon experience though, because they fight Fonz all the time. I'm sure they were fully prepared and experienced, but Fonz beat them anyways.

Also, Wario and Diddy are debatable, but Kirby is very difficult and is one of Ganon's worst matchups IMO.

And Verm may I remind you that you're not really in a position to "hand" any titles over lol, seeing how the last election went. Fonz has always been known as a great player, and I really don't see any way that this tournament performance doesn't place him way above either of us (or any other Ganons). Whether Fonz likes it or not lol.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
All of these Ohio players have tons of Ganon experience though, because they fight Fonz all the time. I'm sure they were fully prepared and experienced, but Fonz beat them anyways

And Verm may I remind you that you're not really in a position to "hand" any titles over lol, seeing how the last election went. Fonz has always been known as a great player, and I really don't see any way that this tournament performance doesn't place him way above either of us (or any other Ganons). Whether Fonz likes it or not lol.
qft :D
dla knows whats up

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Well, I didn't mean it like that. As for Fonz, the thing is is that you and I <do> have comparable wins, just not in succession, which is why I just want that final, definitive blow, per se. To prevent namesearches, you beat a certain top Olimar from (I dunno where lol) and a ranked Snake from WI, and I beat a certain top Falcon from Canada, a top Wario from MD/VA and a ranked MK from NE. To contrast, Fonz beat a top Kirby, top Wario and ranked Diddy (general consensus is that AZ doesn't quite make top 5).

Top Bottom