• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf tips against zoning characters

XxBHunterxX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bryan
3DS FC
2766-9402-2187
I think I'm a pretty decent Ganondorf player but the only thing that seems to give me trouble are characters that zone me out with projectiles.

Honestly I think giving his shadow realm armor was pointless because anyone who got hit by it was going to get hit super armor or not, so why not give any of his other B moves super armor to help deal with spammers?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
The gentleman above me's covered pretty much all of our options. When it the MU chart starts going south, we Ganons don't have much apart from tremendous foresight. When I fight a Rosalina, I just have to jump in on her and mix her up with empty jumps or grabs. Against Link, you just have to powershield and predict what set-up he's got for you (e.g. pulls bomb, throws boomerang, shoots arrow, then tries to approach). Against DHD, you just have to weave through the projectiles, corner him and make the hardest of hard reads on his movement patterns. Generally, we want to pressure them into the corner and keep them there.

Oh, and one semi-good tool in certain situations is challenging projectiles with wizkick, and using the cancel to buffer an FTilt or something.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Just had this problem with a ZSS, I seriously had no safe way of venturing past paralyzer shots without perfect powershielding(Which I cannot do).

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
On local dropkick alleviates some of the problems ganon has with zoners.
Flame Chain does as well, especially the aerial version. Ganon really needs his customs to be able to keep up with the rest of the cast.

Watulio

Smash Cadet
I have a weird tactic that lures the enemies and destroys most projectiles.

Spam his up smash. You can attack out of it after a few frame, letting you repeat it multiple times, destroying most projectiles.

The enemy will think you're open for a physical attack. Sparta kick them when the time is right. Side b can work but it isn't quick on the draw

Top Bottom