• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Spotted in the 3DS Direct

Jmcpappy

Smash Cadet
**** wait, is there no FD version of Gaur Plains? I would love to be able to play on Gaur Plains because of the scenery + music without having to play on a scrolling map.
There is a final destination version for EVERY map. So don't worry, you can have that :D

LandMaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Williaml19354
i honestly dont mind falcondorf as long as hes not absolute **** like he was in brawl. it would be cool if he had his sword and kept some of his signature moves (chokeslam, dair, fair, the boot, etc) and had a sword for his other stuff, and you could choose between 100% sword or 100% falcondorf with custom moves

they should keep him like falcondorf but make him a complete power house were one jab would do a lot of knock back kind, like how he is in project M. Although giving him an entirely new move set would be awesome I think a lot of Melee and Project M fan's would be disappointed to find out all their best character is completely changed

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
I was wondering when they would put this on the news. This has been out for a few days.

ANYWHO, the bumcakes never gave him a sword.

Pokemon-master

Smash Apprentice
NNID
fadi
3DS FC
0791-2291-3156
You'd be surprised how some people thought that Ganny would get the cut, being replaced by Ghirahim or another Zelda villain. Because it's not like Ganondorf is part of the triforce trifecta or Zelda's most recurring villain or anything.
actually gannon comes in more but yea same guy practicley

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I've always advocated this.
Same here. It would be hype if he got peach's floating mechanic and his energy ball projectile, both can be used together and his float can be way faster than his running speed.

I remember mentioning how Ganondorf would've been better off as a Mario clone because he would have a projectile and his cape reflecting move from OOT.

Solarman

Smash Cadet
When they show multi man, at 2:45 you can see a platform carrying a POW Block. So I think that means all items spawn like this. Yay this means no more random bombs KOing me in the 15 minute.

Chaos Archangel

Smash Cadet
Well if we are going technically and in character, Toon Link is a Link reincanation, Falco is a bird, and Fox is a fox (duh) so they are not exactly clones, same issue with Wolf, Lucina went around disguised as Mars, Dr. Mario is a complete sin here because HE IS MARIO IN A COAT, Pichu is a baby Pikachu, and a really useless pkmn btw, and Dark Pit is a true clone.
I meant in terms of the characters themsevles. You'd expect Pichu, Falco, Wolf, Toon Link and Lucinda to fight like their counterparts. Gannondorf has no relation to Falcon whatsoever.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ganondorf cannot be kept locked up! He's broken out of the Sacred Realm/Dark World, the Twilight Realm, presumably the Four Sword, from DEATH, and now twice out of the Super Smash Box of Secrets. It's only fitting that he's appeared in this capacity.

Welcome back Master.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf in brawl is nearly perfect. All they have to do is increase his power. I find it insulting that any character can withstand a single hit from him.

Keep his speed, increase the damage of all his attacks by 1000% and make warlock punch OHKO. Also, it's ****ing horse **** that anyone could survive a meteor smash from him, His thighs are enormous and they generate ****ING ELECTRICITY

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
The thing we have to remember as well is that Tecmo Koei were developing Hyrule Warriors and the only input from Nintendo was in the form of Mr. Aonuma as a Supervisor; they weren't involved in any way in the making of Smash Bros.
In order for Ganondorf to have that moveset in Smash it would have required Sakurai and co. to be in constant communication with Tecmo several months ago or since last year, but each one of them were occupied by their current projects at the time unaware of what the other was doing, so I know that people got excited when they saw HW's Ganondorf in action but I think that expecting Smash Ganon to have the same thing would have been too far-fetched. Their development cycles were just too close to each other in order to warrant content from one game to appear in another; if HW had come out last year it could have been possible. The whole Smash roster was probably finished and implemented months ago.
Yes, it would have been hard. But it also would have been what was best. If Hyrule Warriors comes out with a way better playable Ganondorf than is in Smash, it's because they did a way better job and Sakurai did a poor one. Two games utilizing the same characters releasing within a month of each other should have had communication.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Good to see the King of Evil making a comeback! Personally I've always loved Falcondorf, any buffs are welcome but Even if he's considered "terrible" I'll still use him to smack haters around.

D

Deleted member

Good to see the King of Evil making a comeback! Personally I've always loved Falcondorf, any buffs are welcome but Even if he's considered "terrible" I'll still use him to smack haters around.
Agreed x9000.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Yes, it would have been hard. But it also would have been what was best. If Hyrule Warriors comes out with a way better playable Ganondorf than is in Smash, it's because they did a way better job and Sakurai did a poor one. Two games utilizing the same characters releasing within a month of each other should have had communication.
Eh, Tecmo had no input in Smash whatsoever. HW and Smash were two separate projects working under their own agenda; Nintendo simply let Tecmo handle everything on development with having only Aonuma as a supervisor, it's not like the guys were checking in with Sora and the rest, exchanging notes or whatever. And it's not like they HAD to do it anyways.
It's easy to Captain Hindsight and say that they should have done this and that but the thing is that we expected more than it was feasible. Not excusing the fact that Ganon is a semi-clone (though I care more about him being good again than anything else).

Be aware as well that Tecmo only had to implement 13 playable characters, while Sakurai and his team are working with over 40.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
sad to see him remain a falcon clone, but I never really touched him so I guess I don't have a vote. I'm sure some people enjoy him the way he is and so Sakurai didn't want to disappoint them? Sure that's why.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Eh, Tecmo had no input in Smash whatsoever. HW and Smash were two separate projects working under their own agenda; Nintendo simply let Tecmo handle everything on development with having only Aonuma as a supervisor, it's not like the guys were checking in with Sora and the rest, exchanging notes or whatever. And it's not like they HAD to do it anyways.
It's easy to Captain Hindsight and say that they should have done this and that but the thing is that we expected more than it was feasible. Not excusing the fact that Ganon is a semi-clone (though I care more about him being good again than anything else).

Be aware as well that Tecmo only had to implement 13 playable characters, while Sakurai and his team are working with over 40.
I mean yea, everything you're saying is true. I have this kind of conversation with my brother all the time, he works in the gaming industry and always talks about feasibility of implementing certain ideas, and how many more ideas are come up with than can be implemented given time and money constraints. I talk about what is ideal, so we always get into debates.

It seems to me like gaming industry professionals (really any industry) don't think about what is ideal anymore without taking into account typical constraints, but I still like to ignore those and think about what the perfect scenario would be.

In this case, it would have been that Tecmo and Sora would have communicated. Sora already had to communicate with Namco and Sega and Nintendo companies and possibly others, so thinking they could have talked with Tecmo is not a stretch.

gmanownyou

Smash Cadet
NNID
gmanownyou
3DS FC
0946-3091-2616
I watched something about this. It would've been cool to see a new moveset, but I'm also okay with Falcondorf

Top Bottom